Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 29
Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 07-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 8, 2016 10:25

Green Lady
Missed the beginning because it was 5.40 a.m. here, and about half the rest because of spotty Scopes and Firefox dying on me in the middle of Miss You, but I did hear Ride Em On Down (pity those blues songs are so short) and some of Come Together (which sounded a bit pedestrian to me but reception was dreadful so I'll reserve judgement until I get a better audio). Nice to hear Little T&A again.

Nice to see you again, too, Cristiano! What time is it with you - it's 8.20 a.m. here.

Did you have a breakfast with the Stones? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It's 4.25 a.m. here right now. Time to go to bed, maybe.

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 07-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 10:28

Cristiano Radtke
Green Lady
Missed the beginning because it was 5.40 a.m. here, and about half the rest because of spotty Scopes and Firefox dying on me in the middle of Miss You, but I did hear Ride Em On Down (pity those blues songs are so short) and some of Come Together (which sounded a bit pedestrian to me but reception was dreadful so I'll reserve judgement until I get a better audio). Nice to hear Little T&A again.

Nice to see you again, too, Cristiano! What time is it with you - it's 8.20 a.m. here.

Did you have a breakfast with the Stones? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I had breakfast with live periscope from Indio smiling smiley
Show start was 7:00 a.m. for me... What a great start for the weekend

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 8, 2016 10:29

hopkins
They played a Beatle song that wasn't I Wanna Be Your Man.

...a Beatles song that was "inspired" by Chuck Berry's "You Can't Catch Me" which the Stones covered on their second album - so it's not entirely unknown territory for them!

Date: October 8, 2016 10:29

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 8, 2016 10:33

henrik87
Cristiano Radtke
Green Lady

I had breakfast with live periscope from Indio smiling smiley
Show start was 7:00 a.m. for me... What a great start for the weekend

I must admit: I was a bit puzzled when the alarm went on at 5:30 AM on a Saturday ... 9:30 now over here - maybe it's time for a nap, part #2, hehehe ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-08 10:33 by waterrats.

Date: October 8, 2016 10:35

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 10:50

Ride Em On Down
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-08 10:50 by Stonesfan2146.

Date: October 8, 2016 10:53

Come together went very well. Hope it will be on YT/DVD.

Date: October 8, 2016 10:56

Stonesfan2146
Ride Em On Down
[www.youtube.com]

Thank you very much! smileys with beer

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: October 8, 2016 10:56

Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

Interesting how they tried to keep the ":cover" secret on the set list - secret from whom I wonder??

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 8, 2016 11:04

Because it's a John Lennon song not a McCartney tune. By playing it Mick pointed out the Stones are still a functional band while the Beatles....well.....they were that other band....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-08 11:05 by Woz.

Date: October 8, 2016 11:06

Date: October 8, 2016 11:11

WOW! Thank you !!!

Date: October 8, 2016 11:18

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: October 8, 2016 11:22

Come Together - a Tribute to John Lennonthumbs up

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 8, 2016 11:23

Great stuff...our band is sometimes even better when playing
in front of "other" audiences. Great song selection!

And if Macca has a n y class >grinning smiley< he will cover a Stones song tonight.

Date: October 8, 2016 11:24

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 8, 2016 11:25

I fell asleep during the Dylan set, I must have been dreaming then I heard a loud cowbell I jumped up and saw a bus drive by the window. Did I miss anything?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 8, 2016 11:26

As good of a Stones show as can be expected at this point, and a majority of the crowd seemed to enjoy the show.

Highlights:
Ride 'em On Down
Midnight Rambler

I really like the new female backup singer - she does an excellent job, and has improved since the last time I saw her in San Diego.

Come together was a welcome surprise even though it was a bit sloppy.
Tip of the hat to the great Beatles and John Lennon, and hopefully will put that rivalry crap to rest.

Mixed Emotions was horrible.

Edit: Will have more to say tomorrow regarding the entire Desert Trip experience thus far.
To sum it up briefly: More fun than I could have imagined, extremely fascinating,and memories that I'll cherish for the rest of my life.
Looking froward to Neil Young, and the rest of the weekends lineup.....................and then round 2 next weekend!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-08 11:48 by Hairball.

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: October 8, 2016 11:33

Ride 'em on down

video: [www.youtube.com]

Great version

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-08 11:34 by bart-man.

Date: October 8, 2016 11:35

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: October 8, 2016 11:38

runaway
Come Together - a Tribute to John Lennonthumbs up

It has taken 60 years and a festival of 1960's stars in the almost 2020's to come up with that that surreal hommage. Unbelievable.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 8, 2016 11:40

'Come Together' - Download:

[www.YouTube.com] - Video rotation corrected: [we.tl] ,

[www.Periscope.tv] by wef: [we.tl] .

'Come Together' was btw first released 47 years ago on October 6, 1969 in the United States - [en.wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 11:43

Come Together, awful Keith solo.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 8, 2016 12:02

powerage78

Pretty sure that was Ronnie playing the solo, even though screen shows Keith (who played the rhythm riff throughout).
But yeah, it was awful.

And that crappy little video doesn't do any of it justice really.
The song sounded much bigger and bolder live albeit a but clunky and sloppy.
Was definitely a welcome surprise in the setlist- I'd like to see them cover more Beatles tunes. winking smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 8, 2016 12:11

powerage78

As much as I like your AC/DC connection - maybe you
are a bit frustrated that we still have an original
guitar player, the original drummer and singer.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 8, 2016 12:18

Cristiano Radtke
Come Together:

Ah - that's better! Very nice, though as said above, Keith's solo wasn't anything to write home about.

Apart from anything else, this was a great show for Mick on harp - Come Together, Ride Em On Down, Out of Control, Rambler...

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 8, 2016 12:20

I think it's great that they played Come Together but why play a Beatles song and not have McCartney on when he's there.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 12:25

Just watched the ride em on down video and they look and sound great....... Particularly Mick

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 8, 2016 12:28

Some great stuff posted here. Thanks all

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home