Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829
Current Page: 29 of 29
Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 07-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 13, 2016 22:12

[www.youtube.com]
"Say yeah yeah yeah whooo..."
Bob Dylan

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 07-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 13, 2016 22:34

hopkins
[www.youtube.com]
Bob Dylan

smileys with beer

thumbs down

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 13, 2016 23:22

Just listened to sympathy from the second o2 show 2012. [youtu.be]
Damn that was a really great solo. Why he cant play it like that anymore 4 years later?

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 14, 2016 03:11

hopkins
[www.youtube.com]
Bob Dylan

Bob Jagger > Bob Sinatra, but still, that gurgle mumble slurring lyrics, idk

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 14, 2016 04:21

Listening to the FLAC on my stereo and the Stones good.....of course there are some bum notes here and while not their best, the performance is pretty darned good and far from the "terrible disaster" the folks opining on YouTube videos have been claiming.....the show holds up just fine! I was at the two Mexico City shows and those cooked.....the band has plenty of life in them.

Rock on boys.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-14 04:22 by Woz.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 14, 2016 05:39

Just want to say what a blast I had on all three days in the desert. Everyone sounded great and the organization was excellent. Loved the photo exhibit and the records store! Soooo much fun. People were cool and of course the music AWESOME smiling smiley

Congrats to Dylan for winning the Nobel prize for literature today!!

Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: October 14, 2016 07:08

I have a hotel room for Saturday 10-15-16. It is located 29 miles from Coachella.
I will sell it for the same price I paid for it which is $115. Email me if you are interested.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 14, 2016 19:21

Just upgraded to 3 Day PIT Pass at $269 (+ fees) on stubhub...how low will they go?!!!!
With over 200 currently listed, it's anyone's guess...if I could have waited I might have been given one for free.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 14, 2016 20:10

Hairball
Just upgraded to 3 Day PIT Pass at $269 (+ fees) on stubhub...how low will they go?!!!!
With over 200 currently listed, it's anyone's guess...if I could have waited I might have been given one for free.

SMART!! Nice upgrade! And probably some of the best money you will ever spend. The pit is the only place to be at shows like this. When you are on the rail or close to it 20-30 feet from the stage it does not matter that if there are 80,000billion people behind you, it feels intimate.

Have fun everyone going tonight! I will be watching from afar.

Date: October 14, 2016 20:22

HankM
Hairball

SMART!! Nice upgrade! And probably some of the best money you will ever spend. The pit is the only place to be at shows like this. When you are on the rail or close to it 20-30 feet from the stage it does not matter that if there are 80,000billion people behind you, it feels intimate.

Have fun everyone going tonight! I will be watching from afar.

Thanks HankM!
I was also there last week, and the experience from anywhere within the first 30 rows or so was great. The first night I was able to roam at will - the next two nights security tightened the ropes. And for what it's worth, being in the pit for Roger Waters is not the best spot imo, as the gigantic screen with visuals and special effects are much better seen from a distance. I'll keep my grandstand seat in the less expensive section, and sit out Dylan (who doesn't need to seen up close to appreciate), and Paul (which would only make my knees hurt). I've seen them all up close - some more than others, so I have the luxury to pick and choose my battles in the Pit.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 14, 2016 20:28

Pit passes $259 + fees on Stubhub. Thought I was smart getting them at $349.

Date: October 14, 2016 20:46

DeanGoodman
Pit passes $259 + fees on Stubhub. Thought I was smart getting them at $349.

And they keep dropping...now as low as $249.
By this afternoon, they might be available at the local 99 cent or Dollar stores!!!

edit: one minute later they've dropped to $241 with 231 currently available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-14 20:48 by Hairball.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 15, 2016 06:24

The only buyers for those tickets are going to be people who have already paid for tickets, happen to already be in town and are looking to upgrade. Scalpers should have foreseen how difficult it is for anyone to just decide to go without significant advance planning. I was one of the few "impulse buyers" last week and don't regret it, but even if tickets were free, I wouldn't make that Friday afternoon drive to Coachella two weeks in a row. At my age, it's too brutal.

For the young and/or fit, give it a try.

Date: October 15, 2016 12:52

StonedRambler
Damn that was a really great solo. Why he cant play it like that anymore 4 years later?

I just listened/watched the SFTD solo from the Dessert 2016 show. Seems to me that his biggest issue nowadays is dexterity. Co-ordination, that involves his right hand as much as left. I didnt hear that many 'wrong' notes; not much imagination either. He stumbles around 3-4 notes.
But he used to make those 3 notes count; much was the crunch and rhythm and soul. And that is where he comes up short. Believe me, I don't need flurries of notes and scales, trills etc. It sounds like he is having a hard time keeping up.

What also doesn't seem fair, is that it looks like Ron has to under-play to stay level with Keith. It is obvious to me that Ron could easily carry this and many other tunes at much higher level.
In SFTD they play hardly at all; this is terrible. There are no guitars at all in verses. ( Is DJ playing in verses? And the piano - is Chuck actually playing, or is that also pre-recorded?) They should not perform this song anymore. It borders on Karaoke. We can see in in the new Blues cuts, that they are still an electrifying band.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 15, 2016 12:57

thumbs up

Date: October 15, 2016 19:50

Palace Revolution 2000
StonedRambler

I just listened/watched the SFTD solo from the Dessert 2016 show. Seems to me that his biggest issue nowadays is dexterity. Co-ordination, that involves his right hand as much as left. I didnt hear that many 'wrong' notes; not much imagination either. He stumbles around 3-4 notes.
But he used to make those 3 notes count; much was the crunch and rhythm and soul. And that is where he comes up short. Believe me, I don't need flurries of notes and scales, trills etc. It sounds like he is having a hard time keeping up.

What also doesn't seem fair, is that it looks like Ron has to under-play to stay level with Keith. It is obvious to me that Ron could easily carry this and many other tunes at much higher level.
In SFTD they play hardly at all; this is terrible. There are no guitars at all in verses. ( Is DJ playing in verses? And the piano - is Chuck actually playing, or is that also pre-recorded?) They should not perform this song anymore. It borders on Karaoke. We can see in in the new Blues cuts, that they are still an electrifying band.

Paradoxically, Keith actually plays the Ya Ya's-riffs during (I think) the fourth verse. And nicely, too. He seems to do this every night. At least all the times I've seen them since 2012 + on HM.

I really don't know why he just gives us a little taste of it... I understand that they want dynamics, but he could at least continue when he first started it?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 19, 2016 00:05

Stonesfan2146
Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

Where can I buy this T-shirt? Really like it!

In the Official Rolling Stones Store: [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-19 00:10 by Irix.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 19, 2016 02:57

Irix
Stonesfan2146
Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

Where can I buy this T-shirt? Really like it!

In the Official Rolling Stones Store: [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

That T-shirt Mick is wearing can be bought on the merchandise stands in Vegas. I'm pretty sure it will be offered on the Stones official online store too.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 20, 2016 20:44

Mixed review

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-20 20:49 by powerage78.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: December 12, 2016 14:35

Got this mag in french (2 copies) about Coachella.
Can send it if you want.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-12 15:07 by powerage78.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 21, 2017 18:44

I'm not sure if this article was posted before (I did a quick search and couldn't find nothing), so I thought it would be worth sharing it here.

The Mastermind Behind Coachella

By John Seabrook

How Paul Tollett wrangles the biggest artists in the world into performing in the California desert.

Dressed like a roadie, in jeans and a work shirt and his ever-present baseball cap, with an L.A. Dodgers logo, Tollett was typically understated about his historic feat of rock promotion.

It began, he said, with a six-thousand-mile flight, L.A. to Buenos Aires, where the Stones were performing, to pitch the concept, because, “if you get them when the paparazzi aren’t around you can talk to them.” The situation was delicate, because while the Stones had made no secret of their wish to play Coachella, the date had yet to materialize.

The meeting, in Mick Jagger’s dressing room backstage at La Plata Stadium, lasted all of twelve minutes.

“Is this a period piece?” Jagger asked.

“No,” Tollett replied. “The Zombies aren’t invited.”

“Don’t make the story the ticket price,” Jagger advised.

“He didn’t say yes, but it seemed like yes,” Tollett said. He caught the show and flew home.

After Jagger, Tollett asked Paul McCartney, who likes playing festivals. (“Makes him feel alive,” Marc Geiger, a top booking agent with the William Morris Endeavor, or W.M.E., agency, told me.) “I’d done Paul at Coachella,” Tollett said. “And I knew Marsha Vlasic,” Neil Young’s longtime booking agent. “Roger Waters had played Coachella. I could piece it together.” Artist fees of between three and five million dollars helped. In addition, each act got its own tented friends-and-family acre for the entire two weeks. The Stones’ area included a forty-yard-long air-conditioned running track on which Jagger could sprint back and forth to warm up.

[www.newyorker.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829
Current Page: 29 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home