Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 29
The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 07-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 7, 2016 22:46

Please post your live comments and reports from The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan performances at the Desert Trip concert Friday October 7, 2016 in Indio, CA, USA.

Bjornulf

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 07-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 7, 2016 22:50

This is my dream concert Dylan followed by the Stones but unfortunately I can't be there tonight.
Have a great time everyone who is there tonight.

Nate thumbs up

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 07-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 7, 2016 22:59

The desert is hot hot hot today probably around 93 F which is 34 C. It will get a bit more chilly this evening luckily. They say this is the biggest rock music event in history.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: October 7, 2016 23:13

Have a great time all those of you who are there. Looking forward to the updates on here from the show.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 7, 2016 23:17

bv
The desert is hot hot hot today probably around 93 F which is 34 C. It will get a bit more chilly this evening luckily. They say this is the biggest rock music event in history.

OK, everybody just coool out - way to go, BV, in the desert! I'm so happy you made it into there and so we can get our share of the historic event even if we're not there...

I'll tell you: all folks are here together and enjoy what we get treated for tonight: are we a lucky bunch of people in this or what? This incredible band is on stage tonight and we are sharing whatever comes through tonight - I just can't believe it that we are on this trip with this BAND for more than 54 years.

Bless your hearts, you all, Sarvamangalam, and I can't wait until the first Scopes come through, hehehe ...

Thanks a million, BV, and thanks to all at IORR!

Let's Rock'n'Roll...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-07 23:18 by waterrats.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: October 7, 2016 23:18

BV, any stage set-up photos? Thanks!

Date: October 7, 2016 23:23

There's a view of the stage with this YT video with a short part of Wild Horses... you can see the enomous screen they build on stage taken from Roger Waters for this event ... soundcheck ...

Wild Horses Soundcheck

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-07 23:24 by waterrats.

Date: October 8, 2016 00:03

Arrived and checked in to our hotel in Indio, only 2 hours drive from LA despite the threat of heavy traffic. Mr Jimmy in charge of in car entertainment with a suitable soundtrack. I guess we left early enough as no queues at all. Can hear sounds coming across the valley from the site, doors are opening now. About to set off on foot to the venue, this is going to be an extraordinary weekend!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 8, 2016 00:04

Have a great time everyone.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 8, 2016 00:07

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: October 8, 2016 00:11

Manofwealthandtaste
Arrived and checked in to our hotel in Indio, only 2 hours drive from LA despite the threat of heavy traffic. Mr Jimmy in charge of in car entertainment with a suitable soundtrack. I guess we left early enough as no queues at all. Can hear sounds coming across the valley from the site, doors are opening now. About to set off on foot to the venue, this is going to be an extraordinary weekend!

Have a great time Manofwealthandtaste

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 00:13

GA Pit tickets now down to $400. Any fan in the area who csn go should seriously consider it at that price. If you are s fan of any of the other 5 acts then even better. For anyone going have a great time!

Posted by: Rockman ()

Have a blast everybody ... Mr Zimmerman then THEE STONES ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()

I wish everyone who's attending a wonderful weekend!

Date: October 8, 2016 00:18

Have a blast. What a lineup! smileys with beer

Date: October 8, 2016 00:23

Date: October 8, 2016 00:29

"No line, no organization and a bunch of angry people. #deserttrip you can do better than this!"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 8, 2016 00:30

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dem lucky front rowers ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 8, 2016 00:40

Cristiano Radtke
"No line, no organization and a bunch of angry people. #deserttrip you can do better than this!"

Well people, keep still, let's get into a groove ...

Date: October 8, 2016 00:41

"I can finally post , #deserttrip setup"

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-08 00:42 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 8, 2016 00:42

bv

Live Aid was big as well. More bands playing less time each.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 8, 2016 00:42

So pits are dropping officially ? Or is it on resale sites?

Anyone got a sense of the schedule? Might try to get up early in CET to catch the end of the Stones on a Periscope feed!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 00:43

I thought they would put a bit more effort into the stage. It doesn't exactly look like the most expensive stage with just the big screen from Roger's tour.
But after all the music counts and they eventually spent all the money on the great great line up sooo have a wonderful time!!

Date: October 8, 2016 00:47

gotdablouse

Anyone got a sense of the schedule? Might try to get up early in CET to catch the end of the Stones on a Periscope feed!

Bob Dylan is scheduled to play at 6:50pm and the Stones at 9:40pm, USA time.

Date: October 8, 2016 00:48

Money spent is no question this time, really, I think.

sure, they built a stage that suits the occasion and the masses that attent this weekent. It's not only the Stones here, right?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 8, 2016 00:51

Cristiano Radtke
gotdablouse

Thanks, so about 7 AM CET on stage possibly, doable, but the cell coverage might be limited in the desert...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 8, 2016 00:54

gotdablouse
Cristiano Radtke
gotdablouse

Thanks, so about 7 AM CET on stage possibly, doable, but the cell coverage might be limited in the desert...

It looks like there's free wifi on the venue, according to a friend of mine who's there right now. smiling smiley

Date: October 8, 2016 00:54

gotdablouse

Let's hope NOT!

Date: October 8, 2016 00:55

[therollingstonesshop.com]

Some other merchandising items at: [therollingstonesshop.com]

Date: October 8, 2016 00:57

Cristiano Radtke
It looks like there's free wifi on the venue, according to a friend of mine who's there right now. smiling smiley

Yes, I checked the site and what they say about using WiFi and there was no mention about blocking Scopes ... so I hope for the best! grinning smiley smiling bouncing smiley

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home