Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Hurricane Matthew and IORR-ers in SE US
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 6, 2016 20:20

Hurricane Matthew is one ugly looking bastard coming straight for the Eastern Coast of Florida packing a punch unlike any storms in this area since Hugo and Andrew in 89 and 92.

Some on this board pray, and others do not. For those who do pray, please include those among us who live in the area where Hurricane Matthew is about to land and the regions where it has already wreaked its devastation. We will appreciate it, and, if enough people pray and if the energy level created through collective hope rises high enough, we can turn this storm back out to sea!

We need all the prayer and collective energy that y'all can give us.

In advance - Thank you to all!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Re: OT: Hurricane Matthew and IORR-ers in SE US
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 7, 2016 00:54

If I were you, I would just evacuate as demanded by the authorities.

And what about those poor souls in Haiti, Cuba and the Bahamas, did you request prayers for them as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-07 01:04 by Koen.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 7, 2016 01:34

Koen

And what about those poor souls in Haiti, Cuba and the Bahamas, did you request prayers for them as well?

thumbs up

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: October 7, 2016 03:26

"and the regions where it has already wreaked its devastation" . Yes, I think he did request prayers for them as well.

Date: October 7, 2016 05:51

Prayers and/or positive thoughts are not going to help the almost 300 people who already died...

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: October 7, 2016 06:25

My thoughts and prayers are most certainly with you, and I'm sad for the folk who have been taken by this terrible storm..

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: October 7, 2016 06:50

prayers

Date: October 7, 2016 08:55

looks like Virginia caught a break this time

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 7, 2016 11:47

I am with you and hope you are safe

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 7, 2016 14:17

excellent charity for disaster relief. i've done some research & this one has a very good rating & 97% of what comes in, goes out. really good percentage compared to others.

[www.americares.org]

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: October 7, 2016 14:28

Prayers in

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 7, 2016 15:41

stonesstein
Hurricane Matthew is one ugly looking bastard coming straight for the Eastern Coast of Florida packing a punch unlike any storms in this area since Hugo and Andrew in 89 and 92.

Some on this board pray, and others do not. For those who do pray, please include those among us who live in the area where Hurricane Matthew is about to land and the regions where it has already wreaked its devastation. We will appreciate it, and, if enough people pray and if the energy level created through collective hope rises high enough, we can turn this storm back out to sea!

We need all the prayer and collective energy that y'all can give us.

In advance - Thank you to all!

Forget the prayers if you don't mind my saying so, nice idea n' all that if you happen to 'believe' ... but good old 'evacuation' is a bit more of a guarantee of safety when nature runs riot and bears down upon you with a vengeance !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-07 15:43 by paulywaul.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 7, 2016 17:09

Koen

They don't count. Only white Americans count when it comes to "praying". And... would you believe it - it WORKED. Matthew will be downgraded to a category 2 so no major hurricane to hit the US since Hurricane Wilma in 2005.

Date: October 7, 2016 17:49

GasLightStreet
Koen

They don't count. Only white Americans count when it comes to "praying". And... would you believe it - it WORKED. Matthew will be downgraded to a category 2 so no major hurricane to hit the US since Hurricane Wilma in 2005.

grinning smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 7, 2016 23:02

Bird Brain: Smart stork hides in zoo loo to duck hurricane

[www.fox13news.com]

Date: October 8, 2016 02:08

Koen
Prayers and/or positive thoughts are not going to help the almost 300 people who already died...

Neither will pessimism and negativity.

Date: October 8, 2016 19:31

Koen

It's up to almost 900 as of this report:

[www.reuters.com]

Date: October 9, 2016 03:21

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Koen

Neither will pessimism and negativity.

Exactly, which is why we support charities.

Date: October 9, 2016 03:56

Pessimism and negativity.

With what?

Fictitious things don't exist in a reality. Please stick with the real world and not a world full of fat lazy pathetic Americanisms.

Date: October 13, 2016 03:50

GasLightStreet
Koen

My God, Koen and GasLight, y'all are such negative people! Koen, I dunno your twisted preconceived and erroneous notion of me, someone you do not know, but, like KatieGirl caught, as would anyone who took the time to read, I asked for prayers for those devastated already and for those of us who did not know what was to come. What good did your a$$hole comment make? None.

And if that were not enough, GasLight comes out with even more preconceived erroneous attributions about me, someone you do not know. Only white Americans count, you say? Do you know whether I am black, white, brown, or native American? No, but you sure don't mind opining like a cretin. It is terrifying that you have posted on this board over 7,000 times. I hope that this post of yours is an anomaly.

ALL lives count, and I prayed for all and asked both of you and all others on this board for prayers for all people. Now that the hurricane is gone, I ask for prayers for all families affected. Also, unfortunately, I ask for prayers for the end of negativity from ignorant hate-spewing neanderthals like Koen and GasLight.

There is no substitute for intelligence and class.

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: October 13, 2016 15:04

stonesstein
My God, Koen and GasLight, y'all are such negative people! Koen, I dunno your twisted preconceived and erroneous notion of me, someone you do not know,

You're right, I don't know you, and you don't know me.

Cheers, and glad you're safe.

Date: October 14, 2016 14:42

Koen
stonesstein
My God, Koen and GasLight, y'all are such negative people! Koen, I dunno your twisted preconceived and erroneous notion of me, someone you do not know,

You're right, I don't know you, and you don't know me.

Cheers, and glad you're safe.

Koen, thank you for the consideration. I sincerely appreciate it.

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: October 14, 2016 17:34

stonesstein
My God, Koen and GasLight, y'all are such negative people! Koen, I dunno your twisted preconceived and erroneous notion of me, someone you do not know, but, like KatieGirl caught, as would anyone who took the time to read, I asked for prayers for those devastated already and for those of us who did not know what was to come. What good did your a$$hole comment make? None.

I have no preconceived notions about you nor do I have conceived notions about you. It's just the whole 'thoughts and prayers' thing is complete bunk. Are you praying for all the dead chickens and pigs in North Carolina? Have you been praying for the Haitians before the hurricane? As in, for your entire life? Because there's no need to pray for people in Florida and Georgia and the Carolinas - unlike Haiti, they have the help of the government.

I find the convenience of this praying thing when something bad happens to be a bit strange.

stonesstein
And if that were not enough, GasLight comes out with even more preconceived erroneous attributions about me, someone you do not know. Only white Americans count, you say? Do you know whether I am black, white, brown, or native American? No, but you sure don't mind opining like a cretin. It is terrifying that you have posted on this board over 7,000 times. I hope that this post of yours is an anomaly.

It's not about you and what you are or what you might be, it's that I see so many people saying something ridiculous instead of actually helping. "Oh it's the thought that counts - oh look! Starbucks!" but can't get off their phones while ordering. Hence the White American thing - it was facetious and sarcastic, which I thought was obvious. Should I have said vanilla instead?

stonesstein
ALL lives count, and I prayed for all and asked both of you and all others on this board for prayers for all people. Now that the hurricane is gone, I ask for prayers for all families affected. Also, unfortunately, I ask for prayers for the end of negativity from ignorant hate-spewing neanderthals like Koen and GasLight.

There is no substitute for intelligence and class.

Unfortunately all lives do not count. That's just a fact. But I understand your intention.

My intelligence and class has nothing to do with prayers, which do not help people that are in the position they are in right now. I've actually helped people after hurricanes. With chainsaws and water and etc. If that's being hate-spewing and neanderthalian well then good for me, I've achieved some new titles for being helpful - but I've helped out many of times by actually doing something, not saying something.

Date: October 14, 2016 18:25

I didn't even see that "I ask for prayers for the end of negativity from ignorant hate-spewing neanderthals like Koen and GasLight" comment before.

Not going to comment on this, but wow, just wow... eye popping smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home