Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor Cheltenham October 7th
Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: October 6, 2016 14:22

Sorry if this has been posted before: Mick Taylor will be playing with an assortment of musicians tomorrow night (October 7th) at The Bacon Theatre Cheltenham.Although it says sold out you may get in on the door.

OCTOBER 7TH - CHELTENHAM - THE BACON THEATRE - SOLD OUT!!!!!
COUSIN LEONARD, MICK TAYLOR, IAN JENNINGS, MARK MORGAN, AMY MAYES, TOM WATERS, MICK BIGGS, KYLA BROX, EUGENE HIDEWAY BRIDGES + MORE

Satisfied since 1976

Re: Mick Taylor Cheltenham October 7th
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 6, 2016 20:15

Great to see Mick is back performing.

Date: October 8, 2016 23:13

What an incredible gig this was last night. Privileged to have been there, so many great artists performing for such a good cause (Lifting The Blues, helping sufferers of depression and their loved ones, set up by "Cotswold" Dave Jones). We had Patsy Gamble on sax, the great Eugene Hideaway Bridges (B.B. King meets Sam Cooke!), Kyla Bronx Trio, Ben Waters, Tom Waters, Ian Jennings, Amy Mayes, Cousin Leonard and of course the legend that is the man, Mick Taylor. A sublime set from Mick, followed by jamming with all of the other musicians, genuinely having a great time. Much has been said about MT's management on this board, a lot negative, but all I can say is that having met them both last night what you see is a devoted couple who really do look after each others interests and live the life they want to lead, not what people who don't know them think they should be doing. MT's Manager is a warm, understanding, caring person and I am so glad to have had the opportunity to meet and talk with her. She has given me a different perspective and corrected some preconceptions I had. A wonderful night, finished off at 2am with Ben, Tom, Cousin Leonard in the pub in Cheltenham, followed by a Doner Kebab to take us up to 3 am !! A fantastic night, thanks to everyone involved, Ben for inviting me and Mick, thank you for being you. Marleese, so glad to have met you. The Stones may be in the Desert but I would not have swapped last night in Cheltenham.

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 9, 2016 00:03

That's fantastic Chriseganstar! Did MT mention if he'll be playing Bill's 80th?

Date: October 9, 2016 00:51

No he didn't, but to be fair I deliberately didn't talk to him about Stones stuff, more about John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers etc.

Chriseanstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 9, 2016 01:05

I met Ben Waters ( and his son ,Tom) in Amsterdam, paradiso ,last year , gave him a beer smileys with beer
Nice guy

And bumped into Mick and Marlies too , also in A'dam , a while ago... they were very nice and friendly...!

Found a clip from Cheltenham with Ben [youtu.be]

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: October 9, 2016 09:07

There are a number of items on You Tube.
Here are some with Taylor.

Sweet Little Angel

[www.youtube.com]

Reconsider Baby

[www.youtube.com]

Roadhouse Boogie

[www.youtube.com]

chriseganstar
more about John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers etc.
Chriseanstar

Anything to share?

Posted by: DonParker ()
Date: October 9, 2016 13:52

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up

Very good playing by Taylor, dirty sound, fluid, melodic and speedy at times. Too short. The best Ive heard him do over the last decade or so. Very Stones worthy.

Date: October 9, 2016 18:32

Oreo Cookie Blues

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 9, 2016 18:45

Roll 'm Pete

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 9, 2016 18:46

Ben Waters Band with Mick Taylor and guests "Jenny Jenny Medley" live @ Bacon Theatre

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home