Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819
Current Page: 19 of 19
Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Date: October 28, 2016 19:25

Rokyfan
bv
THIS THREAD IS DEDICATED TO REPORTS FROM THE PRIVATE GILETTE STADIUM SHOW

Most comments here are related to policies on where and how the Rolling Stones perform. Therefore please use the FOLLOWING thread for such discussions. It is a new thread. Offending posts will still be deleted, but you may express your opinion.

New thread:

Private shows and cancellations : [iorr.org]

There was one report on this board from someone at the show. No need for a "thread" in that case.

The videos available can still be discussed. Personally, I think it was good hearing Whip and SFM again.

Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 28, 2016 20:00

lem motlow
Rokyfan
latvianinexile
campxray
It is my understanding that if the show was rescheduled, people would not receive refunds on their tickets as the tickets were to be used for the rescheduled show.

Wrong, as others have already pointed out.

campxray
Second, if the Stones never do the U.S. again, I can't blame them. The so called fans in the US bitch and moan too much ... they're tired of the same old setlist, the prices are too high, they didn't put on their best concert, etc. etc.

We are the ones who bitch about the setlist because we've heard it 100 times. The average concert goer does not moan because he wants to hear the greatest hits.

campxray
The Stones had said about 2 years ago that they would no longer do arena shows ... only Stadium shows. Since a stadium has a larger capacity, the tickets can remain someone reasonable. They also said that they would never do Vegas again because Vegas had no Stadiums.

When and where did they say this? Don't think they did.

Yes, everything in that post is wrong. If you have a ticket to a show that does not take place on the day of the show you get a refund even if the show is rescheduled. The fact that a scalper/reseller might not refund you their profit is irrelevant. That's why tickets have face value. And the idea that the Stones touring plans might be affected by fans complaining abut setlists on a website is ludicrous. They make lots of money playing their greatest hits. That is what people want to hear. And hardcore fans want to see more rarities. It's the same with every band. But please don't think that anyone cares what is said here by a handful of fans, or that posters here represent "US fans," who gladly pack stadia to hear the greatest hits.

seriously,how in the hell did those guys thumbs up that pile of shit.i was trying to just ignore it and hope he'd go away.
people get things wrong sometimes but when you just make things up-"the stones said 2 years ago they would no longer do arena shows only stadiums" no they fcking didn't
"they said they wouldn't do vegas again because they had no stadium" again,uh NO...

you wouldn't blame them if they didn't do the U.S again because the "so-called fans" bitch and moan too much"-REALLY? you mean those"so-called fans" who bought the 70 million albums and 1.5 billion dollars in concert tickets or are you talking about some other "so-called fans"

your point about "the stones taking so much flak" for cancelling vegas 1 is also complete bullshit.the fans actually complained very little considering how much they had to go through when that show was nixed.

so they should just keep playing the same songs over and over but go to different locals that haven't seen them as much?great, so be a travelling vegas lounge act with the creativitiy of a jukebox,great idea...you may have set an iorr record for wrong in one post.i'm gonna come up with a "single post wrong"award in your honor.

and that cher thing...cher...,@#$%& CHER?

thumbs up

And I would add to the pile of nonsense:

campxray
The conditions at desert storm were awful ... the heat and dust blowing everywhere. You could see Mick struggling, especially on Angie, on the 2nd weekend. Many, many people who attended Desert Trip also ended up with laryngitis, sore throats, loss of voice, etc. The desert was a poor choice for this whole thing.

campxray - you make it sound as if Desert Trip took place in the Middle East during a war, and Mick was a wounded soldier in a war zone 'struggling' through the horrible conditions. This was Desert Trip - a rock and roll concert, not Desert Storm. Yes it was warm, but after all it is a desert! And yes there was some dust, but again this is a desert made up mostly of cacti, rocks, and dirt - it is not a rain forest! Howling winds? There were the occasional warm breezes at sundown which came as a relief for most in attendance, but certainly no massive dust storms or sand storms with gale force winds. You claim that 'Many, many people who attended Desert Trip also ended up with laryngitis, sore throats, loss of voice, etc'....really? Of the dozens of people I personally know who were there (including myself), not one 'ended up with laryngitis, sore throats, loss of voice, etc.'. Granted I may have read one review here of someone with an itchy nose, but in the dozens/hundreds of other reviews I've read there's no mention of anyone getting sick - except Mick. Yes Mick came down with laryngitis, but is the desert to blame? Hard to say, but he is 70 years old and probably more susceptible to the elements, so it could have been. You go on to say 'the desert was a poor choice for this whole thing', but if that is true (which it isn't), then it was a much poorer choice for the bands to sign on to begin with knowing what they were getting into - the desert. To call your assessment an exaggeration would be an understatement. As for me, I'd happily do it all over again, even if that means braving the heat and dust blowing everywhere at the risk of getting laryngitis, sore throat, loss of voice, etc. , but I'll be sure to bring my first aid kit as if I was a soldier preparing to go into battle.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 28, 2016 20:04

35love
"We’re told the invitation, which went out via FedEx a few weeks ago, was a small box containing a white rock with the printed words: “Gillette Stadium Tuesday Evening October 25, 2016. Very Special Live Performance by The Rolling Stones.”

Hmmm. That gets you in the door? ;-)
(And somebody get Matt Lee an original)

I tapped up half the room before I left and I have been promised one but in my experience it's 50/50 at best to it actually arriving. Anyone that had one said no way would they give it away, apparently it's REALLY nice! Most people I spoke to just got an email invite so I am not sure how many they made.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: October 28, 2016 20:18

There are no more live shows scheduled. I highly doubt there will be any more live shows anywhere. I think that's it. They had a great run.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 28, 2016 20:41

Everyone can speculate, that's all it is at this point.

But i think it is true that when the Stones play their last show, we will not know until after the fact. They will not announce anything in advance. There just will not be any more, whenever that is.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 28, 2016 21:24

Rokyfan
Everyone can speculate, that's all it is at this point.

But i think it is true that when the Stones play their last show, we will not know until after the fact. They will not announce anything in advance. There just will not be any more, whenever that is.

Do you not think they will play some blues from the new album to promote it, would be cool if they play 4 or 5 new tracks in a studio setting, perhaps they may play the whole album, better still to a live audience.
The boys seem to be getting along well, i would think to play these songs live is par for the course.

Next year who knows, another 15 date tour to include a few (by then) well known singles from the album, it's Europe's turn now , where tickets usually sell out in just a few hours.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 28, 2016 21:42

Rokyfan
bv
THIS THREAD IS DEDICATED TO REPORTS FROM THE PRIVATE GILETTE STADIUM SHOW

Most comments here are related to policies on where and how the Rolling Stones perform. Therefore please use the FOLLOWING thread for such discussions. It is a new thread. Offending posts will still be deleted, but you may express your opinion.

New thread:

Private shows and cancellations : [iorr.org]

There was one report on this board from someone at the show. No need for a "thread" in that case.

Case closed.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 31, 2016 20:45

35love
...charliewalk Instagram photo claims '300 peeps in a tent'

[patch.com]...

Please can I ask, did this caption annoy or irritate anyone at all?

Olly.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 1, 2016 15:31

Wow, just watched SFTD and Keith was ripping some really great solo licks. Back to relaxed small theatre shows I say!! Or a solo tour!!

Date: November 1, 2016 15:52

Maindefender
Wow, just watched SFTD and Keith was ripping some really great solo licks. Back to relaxed small theatre shows I say!! Or a solo tour!!

Sobriety? winking smiley

Date: November 1, 2016 16:16

I don't have a drinking problem, thanks for asking........smileys with beer

Date: November 1, 2016 16:23

Maindefender
I don't have a drinking problem, thanks for asking........smileys with beer

He he, Keith probably weren't allowed to show up knackered for those billionaires..

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 1, 2016 17:43

I just listened to a few video clips. Tempos seemed a bit slow ... rhythms dragging.

Keith doesn't seem to play guitar the same forceful way anymore like he used to.
His right hand...
Keith doesn't drive the tempo and rhythm anymore.

Date: November 1, 2016 18:07

SFTD is not the guitar song it used to be that's for sure......I'm thinking '69 tour

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819
Current Page: 19 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home