Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19
Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 26, 2016 23:29

Some photos and short videos here>>>>>

[www.bostonglobe.com]

Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 26, 2016 23:29

Wow, if the US has really seen it's last Stones concert then that cancelled Vegas show really stings. Half of our crew had never seen the Stones before.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 26, 2016 23:38

Sighunt
Mosthigh- I am certainly not disagreeing with your assessment. It is spot on. What I was alluding too was that the greed factor became much greater (really high ticket prices for the time, sponsorship, merchandizing, etc) after the Stones reunited in 1989 when Cohl became involved, and in my estimation, rock solidified its grip with the corporate world.

Lets take 1989 as the dividing point. For the 27 years before 1989 the Stones were not able to cash in, in a super way. Remember how Allen Klein robbed them of song copyright ownership? So in 1989 they had the persistence and guts to reform The Stones and go out on tour. For the 27 years after 1989 they have really been cashing in and I would have done the same. I look at what they earned, put in the bank after 1989 as revenge/compensation for all the rip-offs prior to 1989.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-26 23:39 by triceratops.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 26, 2016 23:39

lem motlow
Maindefender
Roger Goodell forced Kraft to make the announcement. He's one powerful SOB. grinning smiley

oh for fcks sake...roger goodell works for kraft,his salary is paid by the 32 owners.they put out statements to the public that sort things out with the minimal amount of damage to the league as a whole,thus keeping the tv contracts safe and the ad dollars rolling in.

goodell is a puppet ..

My comment was dripping with sarcasm. Yes, it's usually the other way around. The NFL is really taking deserved hits and Goodell has made tons of dough for the owners.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 26, 2016 23:56

Maindefender
lem motlow
Maindefender
Roger Goodell forced Kraft to make the announcement. He's one powerful SOB. grinning smiley

oh for fcks sake...roger goodell works for kraft,his salary is paid by the 32 owners.they put out statements to the public that sort things out with the minimal amount of damage to the league as a whole,thus keeping the tv contracts safe and the ad dollars rolling in.

goodell is a puppet ..

My comment was dripping with sarcasm. Yes, it's usually the other way around. The NFL is really taking deserved hits and Goodell has made tons of dough for the owners.

k,i was wondering about that.your posts normally make good sense.i do that too,put down sarcasm and people either get it or they don't,i missed that one.
remember when he gave the guy who punched his wife out and dragged her out of an elevator like a rag doll only 2 games.i just role my eyes at goodell,he's such a moron,he must run back to the owners like a puppy wagging his tale"did i do good,did i do good?.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 27, 2016 00:46

TooTough
[www.bostonglobe.com]

By Dugan Arnett Globe Staff October 26, 2016

FOXBOROUGH — Shawn Patrick has seen the Rolling Stones a lot of places.

The 47-year-old Walpole resident has seen them in Toronto, and at the Orpheum Theater in Boston. When he was 11, back in 1981, he almost saw them in Hartford — until his mom found out and nixed the idea.
Subscribe Now

But Tuesday night? Well, that was a little different.

As a couple hundred business associates and friends of Robert Kraft were treated to dinner and a private performance by none other than the Rolling Stones at Gillette Stadium, a small contingent of fans braved falling temperatures and biting winds for a chance to hear the band live — from outside the fenced-off stadium.
Get The Weekender in your inbox:

These were the diehards. The kinds of people you’d want to watch — or at least hear — the Stones with. Some had driven considerable distances to be there. One had attended, by his estimation, 26 Stones shows over the years and proved his affinity for the band in the form of a Stones tattoo on his shoulder.
View Story
Scenes from the Rolling Stones show at Gillette

If you weren’t invited to the soiree hosted by Robert Kraft, feel free to live vicariously through these videos and photos.

Rolling Stones and friends will rack up big bill at Four Seasons

Take Peter Hiltz of Carver, who, upon learning the band would be performing at Gillette on Tuesday, dialed up his wife, Jody, and told her he’d made plans.

“I called her and said, ‘We need to go see the Stones,’?” he said. “At least, to listen to them.”

And now, here they were.

It was something of a strange evening. A couple hours earlier, a line of sport utility vehicles and charter buses had rolled up to One Patriot Place, depositing small groups of casually dressed, mostly middle-age folks near the stadium entrance, where they were met by two women holding clipboards.

As the partygoers made their way into the stadium, their drivers waited in the parking lot, hands stuffed into pockets, huddled against the cold. They chatted casually, about sports, about the media, about Donald Trump — and, of course, about the event they’d been summoned to work that night.

“What a dinner this is gonna be,” one said, staring up at the massive stadium in front of him.

The others nodded in agreement.

It promised to be a high-profile crowd. Beside Robert, Jonathan, and the rest of the Kraft family, we heard that Tommy Hilfiger was in the house, along with an array of local boldfacers including salon guru Pini Swissa, Combined Jewish Philanthropies president Barry Shrage, restaurateur Steve DiFillippo, and Pats playmaker Julian Edelman. No sign of QB Tom Brady, though.

The real party, though, might have been going on around the corner, where by 8:30 p.m., a couple dozen fans had taken up residence near a gated-off stadium entrance.

As the party’s attendees finished dinner, a handful of onlookers traded stories of concerts past and took turns guessing which songs the band might perform on this night.

True, the conditions would not be optimal. In addition to the chilly weather, the concert would be performed inside a massive white event tent, which figured to diminish the music’s reach.

But this did not appear to dampen their spirit.

When the band finally began, at about a quarter past nine, the crowd reacted with requisite enthusiasm. Some cheered. Some pleaded for more (“Turn it up for the poor people!” shouted one man). Others bobbed their heads to the beat.

For the first 30 or so minutes, as the band rolled through performances of (from what we could hear) “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” and “Tumbling Dice,” those who remained near the gate seemed, by all accounts, to be enjoying themselves.

In truth, it wasn’t always easy. The tent had indeed left the music muffled at best. A video board, which could have projected the performance to those standing outside the stadium, went unused. It took even the staunchest fans some time before they could determine which song the band was playing.

But there they were, listening to the Stones live and for some, at least, that was enough.

“Better than sitting at home, watching nothing on TV,” said Jody Hiltz. “When I go to work tomorrow, I got a story to tell.”

A tale of two cities

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 27, 2016 01:13

Article in The Boston Globe makes no mention of Robert Kraft's "last ever US show" pronouncement. Also notes that the band was introduced by his son, Jonathan.

[www.bostonglobe.com]

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 27, 2016 01:31

I was told in March that The Stones were going to play out in the desert, and that there would be an east coast tour, and after that, a small European tour. "2016/2017 would be the end of touring because some members don't want to travel". For some unknown reason, we got Vegas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-27 04:11 by roller99.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 27, 2016 01:34

Smallest I've been too... (other than an impromptu rehearsal) only a handful deep across the front and lots of space for people to dance behind. I had heard 500 but I think it was nearer 300-400. Certainly it was intimate and the band really attacked the shortish set giving it everything they had. An absolutely honor to be there. Leaving for London in a three hours but I'm back to NYC for the exhibition opening (make sure all my stuff made it across the pond).

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 27, 2016 01:48

lem motlow
Maindefender
lem motlow
Maindefender

goodell is a puppet ..

k,i was wondering about that.your posts normally make good sense.i do that too,put down sarcasm and people either get it or they don't,i missed that one.
remember when he gave the guy who punched his wife out and dragged her out of an elevator like a rag doll only 2 games.i just role my eyes at goodell,he's such a moron,he must run back to the owners like a puppy wagging his tale"did i do good,did i do good?.

Tough to dial back the sarcasm when the NFL is involved.....peace

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 27, 2016 01:52

Good for you, Matt. You certainly deserved the experience. I wonder though why they played a club gig in a stadium?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 27, 2016 02:00

that visual of the fans standing out in the cold listening to the stones do a private gig says it all.i'm not mad at them for making money and not mad at the krafts for hiring them.the stones are a good band and the krafts are good people,no problem. but they don't cater to their fans and i see no reason to cater to them.

the days of jumping every time they play are over,i've seen them enough times.the "could be the last time " thing just gets a shrug from me at this point,when someone says "but it's the stones" i'm more likely to say "so what" .never felt like that before but i couldn't care less now.even if they made a great record,which is doubtful,we'd only get a song or two and then the usual set for a ridiculous price.no thanks-you get what you give.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: October 27, 2016 02:39

people seem to be forgetting that mick's girlfriend got pregnant. this money would have paid for the east coast expenses. getting paid $4 million dollars to perform your own songs seems pretty anti-establishment to me.

love the sound of the videos. great guitars, sound. brings me to my complaint about the house sound system. in oakland in 2006 i parked myself on the rail right in front of keith's amp. the sound coming out of the amp was not the same sound coming out of the stage sound system. for the pure stones sound, go to the source.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 27, 2016 02:48

lem motlow
that visual of the fans standing out in the cold listening to the stones do a private gig says it all.i'm not mad at them for making money and not mad at the krafts for hiring them.the stones are a good band and the krafts are good people,no problem. but they don't cater to their fans and i see no reason to cater to them.

the days of jumping every time they play are over,i've seen them enough times.the "could be the last time " thing just gets a shrug from me at this point,when someone says "but it's the stones" i'm more likely to say "so what" .never felt like that before but i couldn't care less now.even if they made a great record,which is doubtful,we'd only get a song or two and then the usual set for a ridiculous price.no thanks-you get what you give.

Sorry you feel that way, and hope I never do.
The visual of the fans standing out in the cold listening to the band says it all to me as well, but in a completely different language.

I see fans that love their band enough to try to get in or even get close enough to hear them. Still. Just as I have stood outside the Fonda or rehearsals, and as many, many fans have stood outside club gigs or corporate gigs or rehearsals and since... Forever.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 27, 2016 02:59

roller99
I was told in March that The Stones were going to play out in the desert, and that there would be an east coast tour, and after that, a small European tour. "2016/2017 would be the end of touring because some members don't want to travel". Got some unknown reason, we got Vegas.

Hope they still do Europe next year.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 27, 2016 03:17

Woz
roller99
I was told in March that The Stones were going to play out in the desert, and that there would be an east coast tour, and after that, a small European tour. "2016/2017 would be the end of touring because some members don't want to travel". Got some unknown reason, we got Vegas.

Don't expect a big tour next year on Europe, I won't be surprised if they play 6-8 shows only, mostly festivals.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 27, 2016 03:37

MisterDDDD
lem motlow

Sorry you feel that way, and hope I never do.
The visual of the fans standing out in the cold listening to the band says it all to me as well, but in a completely different language.

I see fans that love their band enough to try to get in or even get close enough to hear them. Still. Just as I have stood outside the Fonda or rehearsals, and as many, many fans have stood outside club gigs or corporate gigs or rehearsals and since... Forever.

I too was stood in exactly the same spot, out in the cold, much earlier in the afternoon. Every way of getting in had failed me and I was already on plan Z which was to stand at the open end and party with the other fans that would no doubt gather. I've had a lot of fun in queues come rain or shine, the shared spirit and passion is all you need to make the best of it. This time I didn't happen to be cycling by, I was just very, very lucky!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 27, 2016 03:49

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-27 03:59 by hopkins.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: October 27, 2016 04:14

How fitting if that's their final gig.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pathetic.

Date: October 27, 2016 04:16

Woz
roller99

Don't know why they canceled the Easr Coast, s**t happens. There was a tour scheduled in 2014 (I think), got canceled too.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 27, 2016 04:21

roller99
Woz
roller99

Don't know why they canceled the Easr Coast, s**t happens. There was a tour scheduled in 2014 (I think), got canceled too.

South America was on the plans, if I remember well.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: October 27, 2016 04:27

roller99
Woz
roller99

Think it is the planned & booked European arena tour in fall 2013 what you meant. Or the Down Under leg in 2014 but it got postponed not canceled.

Date: October 27, 2016 04:36

MoreFastNumbers
roller99
Woz
roller99

Think it is the planned & booked European arena tour in fall 2013 what you meant. Or the Down Under leg in 2014 but it got postponed not canceled.

No, this was definitely the USA, and it was post 2013.

Date: October 27, 2016 04:44

I just checked. 2014. 35 cities. I have no idea how they could have pulled that many dates off, but it got shelved in favor of whatever else took place.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: October 27, 2016 05:18

roller99
I just checked. 2014. 35 cities. I have no idea how they could have pulled that many dates off, but it got shelved in favor of whatever else took place.

Strange indeed. I heard about possible arena dates top markets in the USA early 2015, but never about this one. They had played 22 dates on one leg in 2013, intended to play 28 in 2014 (before the postponement), so that tour of 35 stops must have been more of a plan by AEG than an approved schedule by the band in my view.

Edit: all in all they have played 40 US dates in 27 cities since 2012 (not counting private or warm up events).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-27 05:45 by MoreFastNumbers.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 27, 2016 05:20

bv
Sure it was not the best booking P.R. wise contracting to a private show three days after the Las Vegas show on Nov 22. If they had asked me I would have adviced on a show at MSG or may be two instead. But they never call me before they sign contracts.

LOL!!!! Go BV

Date: October 27, 2016 06:32

mattleeuk
Super great show! The shortest but probably the best private show I've ever been to... loads of energy, loads of interaction with the crowd. Everyone had a lot of fun. The catching practise paid off, I scored five picks, a personal best :-)

From your videos everyone looked like they were having fun!!! Which I think is the main reason we all and the band keep doing it!

Date: October 27, 2016 06:40

schillid
HOW MANY TIMES have people here suggested that people on this form at iorr.org could raise enough money for a private show for iorr people.

... So that would be just as fair, right?
... Only it's very unlikely
... UNLE$$

I'm in Schillid - let's get a paypal going!!!!!

Date: October 27, 2016 06:42

lem motlow
bam
[www.bostonherald.com]

Final show they will ever do in this country? The Boston Herald quoting Kraft.

the mistake you guys are making is believing something you read in the print media.

don't worry,it's about a 99.9% chance that mr kraft said "you're at the final show the stones will do in america" meaning-THIS YEAR.

for you guys in europe you have to realise the news media in america is a complete joke, they just make things up or twist it around to sound the way they want.it's all about getting attention or being sensational,the truth has nothing to do with anything anymore.
if you read something about the stones most of the time they probably just clicked on this website for their info,they are that lazy and true reporting is a thing of the past.i wouldn't put any stock in this silly story AT ALL.

i hate to say it but the kraft family are really good people,there is no way he would try and start some controversy around the stones.

Totally agree

Date: October 27, 2016 06:51

bv
Some have this romantic idea that Mick, Keith and the Stones are some sort of philanthropist group. Well read Keith's book "Life" again. Ever since their very first gig Keith counted the income in his notebooks. How much money they made on a gig. I do the same. You do the same. Money makes bread on the table. The more money you have the more money you want. If I or you had 100 million dollar to spend and we had everything, we could spend it for getting rid of malaria in Africa, or we could spend it on ourselves by hiring the Stones for a private show. Be honest. Really honest! Malaria aid, a private Stones show or unlimited beer for the rest of your life?

Private Stones Show and the balance to Maleria - smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home