Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 19
Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:44

DandelionPowderman
My two cents on this show:

The Stones can do whatever they want, but it's disappointing, too, especially when thinking of their age and how few gigs they probably have left before they call it quits.

It's not Rock'n'Roll and we don't have to like it.

That said, they have been working overtime for real fans, too.

Who saw these 4 years of touring and recording coming in 2010?

I totally agree with you, that's all i wanted to say when i joined into this discussion, that its natural for fans to be disappointed and pissed off.
But for some reason its not the done thing to criticise the Stones here.

Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:44

HankM
The Stones just did two one shows in Vegas and two weekends shows earlier this month at Desert Trip in California, which had followed another private billionaire show in Las Vegas the week before.

fixed

It is hard to be a journalist these days. Really hard.

Bjornulf

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:47

bv
HankM
The Stones just did two one shows in Vegas and two weekends shows earlier this month at Desert Trip in California, which had followed another private billionaire show in Las Vegas the week before.

fixed

It is hard to be a journalist these days. Really hard.

grinning smiley

I am happy to assist in any way I can smiling smiley

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:47

You can be the best rock 'n' roll bar band in the world but unless you have a fan base that is willing to shell out money it doesn't mean anything. it is very unfortunate that they take the fan base for granted

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:50

How much are these guys each worth? They could each pay a million dollars a gig and it still wouldn't put a dent in their fortunes. I think we're all more or less on the same page here "they can do whatever they want"- I just can't see the motivation (yes, the answer is money but they don't need more money)

And this is the internet- I'm sure there's a Neil Young fan board out there with people expressing similar dismay at Neil 'selling out' or whatever you want to call it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 21:53 by Gaetzi.

Date: October 25, 2016 21:54

laughinearlydied
some people are almost celebrating this situation as if it was somehow a succes, a good thing. labeling people who dont like it as "angry they cant go" or "angry that stones are getting paid". it is sad.

as i said, they can do whatever they want to do. but i cant imagine them having a good time in a flippin tent, few hundred uninterested people and jaggers sore throat. wich only means that money is everything for them. which we always knew. disappointing.

Well said my friend, you obviously don't live round here, we are the uninitiated. I was told i'm jealous whiner for not getting into the private gig just now lol.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:56

Not many of us work without money to motivate us. If the band is able to draw that kind of pay day, why shouldn't they? I haven't seen the Stones live in person since 2002. In the intervening years, I've watched the DVDs, listened to the live albums, andw watched a lot of Youtube videos. This is another show I won't attend but will look forward to seeing the set list on IORR and possibly seeing footage from if someone uploads it on Youtube. It was my choice not to travel and fork out money I couldn't afford to see them. I don't begrudge those who did. I'm glad the band kept going and made people happy and that's what they're doing tonight. Whether it's a corporate gig or a stadium or arena packed with people who just know their greatest hits from the radio doesn't matter to me. All of us are 1%'ers, too. We're the diehard fans who know their songs backwards and forwards, can recite session and discography information by heart, and think of this band every day of our lives and visit IORR. That's not the people there tonight and it's not the majority that sees them at any concert. Good for the Stones. They've earned the payday over the last half century. Good for the people who are fortunae to be there. I hope they have a blast.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:58

stone4ever
roller99
stone4ever
BV and others who have seen the Stones multiple times can say yeah whatever its just the way the world works and tough luck etc.
But for many people who missed the cancelled show it was a once in a life time chance to see the Stones and for others maybe their last chance to see them.
Why can't people be a bit upset by this, why are we brain washed into thinking the Stones are above criticism.
Please allow people to be pissed off for 5 mins

BV has basically sacrificed his life to get where he is. Others have sacrificed much too (not me). I bailed on Desert Trip because it was too much hassle for me (I live in Los Angeles) and I hate crowds. I figured, "ech, I'll see them in Vegas on the 19th". They canceled. Oh well. It's not a life changer. Even Mick penned "It's only rock and roll". Yeah, I know now I'll only ever see the band if I want to fly to Europe in 2017.

I challenge anyone to find fault in someone who's worked the same job for 55 years and has only had to call in sick a few times....A FEW TIMES! I've probably called in sick more in 2016 than The Stones did in 55 years.

And if you have an issue with them playing a private gig and you not getting in, you're just a jealous whiner. It ain't the 1970's any more, with 50-stop tours, coming to your city soon. Appreciate the fact that the band still even exists. Everyone else started breaking up in 1970....

Hey ego boy you're missing the point, its OK for people to be upset and disappointed with the way the Stones have behaved. The real fans should come first, they could have fitted another date this week to replace the cancelled Vegas gig but didn't, probably due to this private gig. They left it to the last minute to finally cancel a show they had no intention of playing, people spent a small fortune waiting to see if they were going to reschedule.
The other thing is why didn't they just do 2 stadium shows to the fans, it would make just as much profit, this 3 date tour is a joke. People are naturally sickened by the greed of this band. I'm lot a jealous whiner as you put it, iv'e seen this band many times and they have given me more than i could ever ask for, but it needs to be said, they have totally sold out now, very sad.

I call BS

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2016 22:00

Sure it was not the best booking P.R. wise contracting to a private show three days after the Las Vegas show on Oct 22. If they had asked me I would have adviced on a show at MSG or may be two instead. But they never call me before they sign contracts.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-27 05:22 by bv.

Date: October 25, 2016 22:02

TooTough
Over the last 4 years they have done great things,
playing the 50th birthday shows (proving that they still
can deliver), touring Europe, Asia, N and S America,
playing a free show in Cuba, opening a great exhibition
- all in all things a Stones fan can be proud of.

If they had called it quits after that - a perfect
ending on a high.

But this last chapter ("the mini tour" ) sucks big time.
As gotdablouse said: imagine that´s it - it will be the
last page in their book! They stopped with being part of
a festival lineup (playing on the first day,
not as the main act of the whole damn thing on Sunday) -
with other bands "being better". They did two
one show in Las Vegas (!) and a show for a billionaire´s family.

Maybe they really don´t know how to stop that train, that´s
rolling for 54 years. I hope they are doing something for the fans
next year, one last round for those who kept them up there.

They'll be in Europe next summer with a new album and we will have moved on. Can't wait to get away from all the doom and gloom.....eye rolling smiley

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 25, 2016 22:02

If they had asked me I would have adviced on a show at MSG or may be two instead.

POST OF THE YEAR POST OF THE DECADE!!!

Date: October 25, 2016 22:05

bv
Sure it was not the best booking P.R. wise contracting to a private show three days after the Las Vegas show on Nov 22. If they had asked me I would have adviced on a show at MSG or may be two instead. But they never call me before they sign contracts.

I would imagine they've fielded tempting offers this Fall.....including NY

Date: October 25, 2016 22:09

I keep seeing a $4 million dollar number for these private gigs. Any idea what they get paid for an arena or stadium gig? Once you factor in all the beer, food and merchandise that doesn't get sold at private gigs I would guess the payout would be pretty similar.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: October 25, 2016 22:11

I was one of the ones with tickets to the cancelled vegas show we could not stay and go to Saturday's show we would have gone back if they rescheduled but it didn't happen we were dissappointed.me and my friends are huge stones fans seen them many times before. My heart goes out to the lady we meet at the hotel who drive her disabled mother 7 hrs to the airport and flew to vegas and we were the ones to tell her the show was cancelled she started to cry totally sucked.I've seen Mick and the boys up close it just sucks they won't get the chance..now only super rich people can ....Democrats Republicans there all the same in my book..

Date: October 25, 2016 22:12

Maindefender
TooTough
Over the last 4 years they have done great things,
playing the 50th birthday shows (proving that they still
can deliver), touring Europe, Asia, N and S America,
playing a free show in Cuba, opening a great exhibition
- all in all things a Stones fan can be proud of.

If they had called it quits after that - a perfect
ending on a high.

But this last chapter ("the mini tour" ) sucks big time.
As gotdablouse said: imagine that´s it - it will be the
last page in their book! They stopped with being part of
a festival lineup (playing on the first day,
not as the main act of the whole damn thing on Sunday) -
with other bands "being better". They did two
one show in Las Vegas (!) and a show for a billionaire´s family.

Maybe they really don´t know how to stop that train, that´s
rolling for 54 years. I hope they are doing something for the fans
next year, one last round for those who kept them up there.

They'll be in Europe next summer with a new album and we will have moved on. Can't wait to get away from all the doom and gloom.....eye rolling smiley

OK bye bye now, take care.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: October 25, 2016 22:18

It must be hard to take for the fans that had tickets for the 19th. Had the stones rearranged the vegas date, then I don't think the fans with tickets would feel so let down by the stones.
I personally don't like the stones doing theses private gigs, but it's there life not mine.
My feeling is jagger was saving his voice for this private gig, where he should of been saving it for the rearranged cancelled show.
Mabe the stones should of called this micro tour, the cash and carry tour.

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: October 25, 2016 22:20

It is the small shows that cover the expenses flights hotels etc They are not done for fun as the corporate audience aren't fans so no atmosphere or feedback. Also nowadays if you buy a stones ticket you accept the risk the show might cancel at their age it's a fact I've traveled from England to Australia and America to have shows cancelled this will not stop me buying future tickets

Date: October 25, 2016 22:21

So for all you NFL Footballs Fans...which I am a Cowboy Fan...but now also a New England Patriot Fan!

Any NFL owner that loves the Stones so much he will spend a cool 4 million for one show..."HOLY MOLY" ya gotta love that TEAM!

Just think how many shows this guy could he have attended with 4 seats front row paying even scalper prices.

This guy is a hard core fan and wants his friends and co-workers to get the best Rolling Stones experience you could ever imagine.

GO PATRIOTS!

Date: October 25, 2016 22:22

jumpontopofmebaby
So for all you NFL Footballs Fans...which I am a Cowboy Fan...but now also a New England Patriot Fan!

Any NFL owner that loves the Stones so much he will spend a cool 4 million for one show..."HOLY MOLY" ya gotta love that TEAM!

Just think how many shows this guy could he have attended with 4 seats front row paying even scalper prices.

This guy is a hard core fan and wants his friends and co-workers to get the best Rolling Stones experience you could ever imagine.

GO PATRIOTS!

Ill bet Tom Brady and his smokin Hot wife get to attend!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 25, 2016 22:28

And they will sing the line "JJF, it's a gas" only once grinning smiley

Date: October 25, 2016 22:30

What is so surprising to me is that with Mick and Keith having something like £300 million each give or take, this just seems such a desperate grab for more money they obviously don't need.

The thing we are forgetting here is the Vegas shows weren't selling well, so with Micks genuine laryngitis, this was an opportunity to not have the embarrassment of playing a half empty Arena on a rescheduled show when his voice improved.

Date: October 25, 2016 22:32

I'm confused how $750 tickets, $40 t shirts and $12 beers don't pay for hotel rooms, flights and travel costs for the band.

Date: October 25, 2016 22:33

It's a slow day at work so I will now bow out of this thread, I've said the same thing five different times now smiling smiley

Date: October 25, 2016 22:37

Gaetzi
I'm confused how $750 tickets, $40 t shirts and $12 beers don't pay for hotel rooms, flights and travel costs for the band.

The Stones do not get paid based on ticket price or tickets sales.

They get a guaranteed set amount for each show. The promoter takes the risk.

However I do think they get a cut of concessions and prob get all the profit off Stones merchandise.

They cant lose. I think the Zip Code tour was anywhere from 4 to 7 million each show.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 25, 2016 22:38

jumpontopofmebaby

GO PATRIOTS!

No, Mr. Kraft processed cheese is not so discriminatory:

"The Krafts sure know how to party. In 2003, you’ll recall, Patriots owner Robert Kraft celebrated his 40th wedding anniversary by having Sir Elton John perform for friends and family at Gillette Stadium. The team’s four Super Bowl bashes have all been off the chain, with performances by Snoop Dogg, Lionel Richie, Pitbull, and Rick Ross. And Jon Bon Jovi was the surprise musical guest at last summer’s 75th birthday bash for the Pats Poobah."

Date: October 25, 2016 22:39

jumpontopofmebaby
Gaetzi

The Stones do not get paid based on ticket price or tickets sales.

They get a guaranteed set amount for each show. The promoter takes the risk.

However I do think they get a cut of concessions and prob get all the profit off Stones merchandise.

They cant lose. I think the Zip Code tour was anywhere from 4 to 7 million each show.

So MR AIG to MR MICK JAGGER....we will pay you 4 million dollars for each show if you want to do 2 more shows in Vegas after your "Desert Trip"

How can they say no. They are having fun and loading the boat!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 25, 2016 22:46

35love
No, Mr. Kraft processed cheese is not so discriminatory

Apart from his surname, Robert Kraft has no association with Kraft Foods.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: October 25, 2016 22:46

"I have achieved my seventy years in the usual way, by sticking strictly to a scheme of life which would kill anybody else....I will offer here, as a sound maxim, this: That we can't reach old age by another man's road"... Mark Twain

Date: October 25, 2016 22:48

Gaetzi
It's a slow day at work so I will now bow out of this thread, I've said the same thing five different times now smiling smiley

But you said it well, and its so true what you have said, its just that some of the others can't handle the truth.
The Stones don't need to do these private gigs.

Date: October 25, 2016 22:52

stone4ever
Gaetzi

But you said it well, and its so true what you have said, its just that some of the others can't handle the truth.
The Stones don't need to do these private gigs.

Exactly..THEY DO NOT NEED TO.....they just want to. And how do you know there is not some type of tie thru a friendship etc. They prob enjoy this as much as a Stadium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 22:52 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1130
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home