Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 19
Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Date: October 25, 2016 20:58

bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage
"I got my money, my ticket
All that shit
I even got myself
A little shaving kit"

Kraft is a sports company, methinks

Among other things...

[www.thekraftgroup.com]

The stadium naming rights are currently owned by Gillette, who manufactures razors and shaving products.

Even I, who don't shave that often, know Gillette smiling smiley

I thought they were merely buying the stadium name, though..

Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Date: October 25, 2016 21:01

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
roller99
stone4ever
BV and others who have seen the Stones multiple times can say yeah whatever its just the way the world works and tough luck etc.
But for many people who missed the cancelled show it was a once in a life time chance to see the Stones and for others maybe their last chance to see them.
Why can't people be a bit upset by this, why are we brain washed into thinking the Stones are above criticism.
Please allow people to be pissed off for 5 mins

BV has basically sacrificed his life to get where he is. Others have sacrificed much too (not me). I bailed on Desert Trip because it was too much hassle for me (I live in Los Angeles) and I hate crowds. I figured, "ech, I'll see them in Vegas on the 19th". They canceled. Oh well. It's not a life changer. Even Mick penned "It's only rock and roll". Yeah, I know now I'll only ever see the band if I want to fly to Europe in 2017.

I challenge anyone to find fault in someone who's worked the same job for 55 years and has only had to call in sick a few times....A FEW TIMES! I've probably called in sick more in 2016 than The Stones did in 55 years.

And if you have an issue with them playing a private gig and you not getting in, you're just a jealous whiner. It ain't the 1970's any more, with 50-stop tours, coming to your city soon. Appreciate the fact that the band still even exists. Everyone else started breaking up in 1970....

Hey ego boy you're missing the point, its OK for people to be upset and disappointed with the way the Stones have behaved. The real fans should come first, they could have fitted another date this week to replace the cancelled Vegas gig but didn't, probably due to this private gig. They left it to the last minute to finally cancel a show they had no intention of playing, people spent a small fortune waiting to see if they were going to reschedule.
The other thing is why didn't they just do 2 stadium shows to the fans, it would make just as much profit, this 3 date tour is a joke. People are naturally sickened by the greed of this band. I'm lot a jealous whiner as you put it, iv'e seen this band many times and they have given me more than i could ever ask for, but it needs to be said, they have totally sold out now, very sad.

But you don't really know any of these things, you're assuming worst-case scenarios all the way here.

Mick could have been real sick, they could have had trouble selling out stadiums etc. etc.

I'm not for one moment saying he wasn't sick, read my posts before replying to them

Then who wrote this:

"They left it to the last minute to finally cancel a show they had no intention of playing"

It never crossed your mind that a sick musician, who wants to perform, would wait and see how he feels - so maybe he could do the show after all?

"No intention of playing?" Who told you that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 21:04 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:03

I can totally understand why there's a lot of complaints about the Stones doing this kind of gig, which they've been doing for ages. On another point of view, it's unfair to say they doesn't care about the fans.

The small club gigs in 2012, 2013 and 2015 (just to name a few recent ones) are the evidence of what I'm saying. They even invited a small group of fans who had been patiently following them outside the studio on a cold weather just trying to listen to their rehearsals in Paris in 2014. These fans were rewarded for their loyalty. Of course not everybody could join the fun, but those who were there for sure had a big smile on their faces.

Amongst the ones who couldn't go and try the luck there were some people happy just by knowing about the fans who were there as well as there were people angry for not being able to be there.

The Stones have been doing these kind of gigs (private or not) for ages, as mostly everybody knows, and if somebody still can't understand why they do this, perhaps it's time to start following any other band.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:05

bye bye johnny
35love
I think a better choice to play the last gig of US would have been
in NY to coincide with the opening of Exibitionism...

Where's it been said/written that they won't do something in NYC - or elsewhere?

Date: October 25, 2016 21:06

Cristiano Radtke
I can totally understand why there's a lot of complaints about the Stones doing this kind of gig, which they've been doing for ages. On another point of view, it's unfair to say they doesn't care about the fans.

The small club gigs in 2012, 2013 and 2015 (just to name a few recent ones) are the evidence of what I'm saying. They even invited a small group of fans who had been patiently following them outside the studio on a cold weather just trying to listen to their rehearsals in Paris in 2014. These fans were rewarded for their loyalty. Of course not everybody could join the fun, but those who were there for sure had a big smile on their faces.

Amongst the ones who couldn't go and try the luck there were some people happy just by knowing about the fans who were there as well as there were people angry for not being able to be there.

The Stones have been doing these kind of gigs (private or not) for ages, as mostly everybody knows, and if somebody still can't understand why they do this, perhaps it's time to start following any other band.

And I never said a word when they were part of a normal 20-50 date tour.

Date: October 25, 2016 21:07

HankM
bye bye johnny
35love

Where's it been said/written that they won't do something in NYC - or elsewhere?

That was a long time ago, though smiling smiley

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:07

I don't really understand why they do these private gigs.

Date: October 25, 2016 21:08

Gaetzi

They pay well...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()

stone4ever
BV and others who have seen the Stones multiple times can say yeah whatever its just the way the world works and tough luck etc.
But for many people who missed the cancelled show it was a once in a life time chance to see the Stones and for others maybe their last chance to see them.
Why can't people be a bit upset by this, why are we brain washed into thinking the Stones are above criticism.
Please allow people to be pissed off for 5 mins

At the risk (certainty) of more personal insults, I submit that if the one (outta TWO) Vegas shows was a "once in a lifetime" event for you or anyone else, where the hell have you been since 2012? Dozens of concerts have happened in the US since then to fulfill your lifetime dream. Criticize all you want, but as you are asking to be "allowed" to do so see if you can afford those that disagree with you the same allowance minus the personal jabs.
Thanks in advance.

Posted by: NICOS ()

Gaetzi

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:11

Over the last 4 years they have done great things,
playing the 50th birthday shows (proving that they still
can deliver), touring Europe, Asia, N and S America,
playing a free show in Cuba, opening a great exhibition
- all in all things a Stones fan can be proud of.

If they had called it quits after that - a perfect
ending on a high.

But this last chapter ("the mini tour" ) sucks big time.
As gotdablouse said: imagine that´s it - it will be the
last page in their book! They stopped with being part of
a festival lineup (playing on the first day,
not as the main act of the whole damn thing on Sunday) -
with other bands "being better". They did two
one show in Las Vegas (!) and a show for a billionaire´s family.

Maybe they really don´t know how to stop that train, that´s
rolling for 54 years. I hope they are doing something for the fans
next year, one last round for those who kept them up there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 21:14 by TooTough.

Date: October 25, 2016 21:12

NICOS
Gaetzi

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And £££££££££££££££££

Date: October 25, 2016 21:13

TooTough

ending on a high.

rolling for 54 years. I hope they are doing something next
year for the fans, one last round for those who kept them up
there.

I don't think Waters was seen as "the main act" in this festival grinning smiley

Date: October 25, 2016 21:13

DandelionPowderman
HankM
bye bye johnny
35love

That was a long time ago, though smiling smiley

Unless you are kidding, I dont understand what you mean. That is not from last year, that was a recent post on their web site and it was very damned disappointing to read that they were only doing a couple of dates when many many people hoped for at least a couple of more cities with multi shows and a chance to see them live without going 1000s of miles.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:15

DandelionPowderman
Gaetzi

They pay well...

Not being sarcastic but arena and stadium shows don't pay well? Esp w the prices they've recently been charging?

A very successful and wealthy guy here in town had Don Henley play his wife's 50th birthday a bunch of years back. I hate to think that this is essentially what the Stones have become.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:15

Dandi wrote. Then who wrote this:

"They left it to the last minute to finally cancel a show they had no intention of playing

Stonenotforever writes

Meaning he was sick then he got better but could not reschedule the Vegas gig due to commitments with the Private gig. Mick new he couldn't do the Vegas gig so why did he ask fans to hold on to their tickets to the last minute. Regardless of his condition they had no intention of rescheduling Vegas, even though T Mobile Arena had many spare slots this week for an extra date.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:19

DandelionPowderman
TooTough

ending on a high.

rolling for 54 years. I hope they are doing something next
year for the fans, one last round for those who kept them up
there.

I don't think Waters was seen as "the main act" in this festival grinning smiley

According to the reports the stage was in full modus when he performed.

I just want the Stones to be the last on stage, regardless what bands play before.

Date: October 25, 2016 21:21

Gaetzi
DandelionPowderman
Gaetzi

They pay well...

Not being sarcastic but arena and stadium shows don't pay well? Esp w the prices they've recently been charging?

A very successful and wealthy guy here in town had Don Henley play his wife's 50th birthday a bunch of years back. I hate to think that this is essentially what the Stones have become.

I cant imagine these private gigs being nearly as much fun for Jagger as playing to a huge crowd and moving around and seeing the smiles and feeling the energy from this side of the arena, and then running over to that side of the stadium and then dancing out on the cat walk to the middle. It is probably a completely different vibe playing for a crowd that... who knows... Maybe it is the same. Maybe the same pay for 1/2 a set makes it all OK.

Date: October 25, 2016 21:23

stone4ever
Dandi wrote. Then who wrote this:

"They left it to the last minute to finally cancel a show they had no intention of playing

Stonenotforever writes

Meaning he was sick then he got better but could not reschedule the Vegas gig due to commitments with the Private gig. Mick new he couldn't do the Vegas gig so why did he ask fans to hold on to their tickets to the last minute. Regardless of his condition they had no intention of rescheduling Vegas, even though T Mobile Arena had many spare slots this week for an extra date.

Or meaning he got sick and didn't get better until later, but hesitated as long as he could with cancelling the show.

My point is that you are assuming this. You don't actually know it.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:24

HankM
Cristiano Radtke

And I never said a word when they were part of a normal 20-50 date tour.

I wasn't talking about you but on a general view of what this thread is becoming. smiling smiley

The Stones are playing tonight and there's people unsatisfied with that and with the fact they're being paid for doing this private gig where not everybody will be allowed in. I'm not in Boston although I'd love to be there, but I'll be happy to know if some friend or somebody I know could attend this gig. Yes, it sucks sometimes but that's how things happens with the Stones. We can't be satisfied all the time.

Date: October 25, 2016 21:25

Gaetzi
DandelionPowderman
Gaetzi

They pay well...

Less work, less of a hassle with equipment and employees etc. and 4 million $

A nightmare for the fans (me included) of course, but since you asked...

Date: October 25, 2016 21:26

smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:28

DandelionPowderman
NICOS
Gaetzi

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And £££££££££££££££££

£££££££££££££££££££££££ ??

I wish they did!! They haven't done any kind of show here, their home country, since 13 July 2013 sad smiley

Date: October 25, 2016 21:31

My two cents on this show:

The Stones can do whatever they want, but it's disappointing, too, especially when thinking of their age and how few gigs they probably have left before they call it quits.

It's not Rock'n'Roll and we don't have to like it.

That said, they have been working overtime for real fans, too.

Who saw these 4 years of touring and recording coming in 2010?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:32

DandelionPowderman
Gaetzi
DandelionPowderman
Gaetzi

They pay well...

Less work, less of a hassle with equipment and employees etc. and 4 million $

A nightmare for the fans (me included) of course, but since you asked...

Exactly. They make in one night what they would make in how many shows (I mean money in their pockets, profits)? They realized that instead of a 15 show tour they could do this and walk away with the same money. And that is the ONLY thing that counts for them, the money. No shows for the fans but, whatever, right? shite happens.

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:38

some people are almost celebrating this situation as if it was somehow a succes, a good thing. labeling people who dont like it as "angry they cant go" or "angry that stones are getting paid". it is sad.

as i said, they can do whatever they want to do. but i cant imagine them having a good time in a flippin tent, few hundred uninterested people and jaggers sore throat. wich only means that money is everything for them. which we always knew. disappointing.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:39

Good point. When I saw them on the below par final leg of ABB in Summer 2007, I honestly thought it was over. And after the publication of a certain book, I honestly thought that might be the final nail. But they've pleasantly surprised me. When I entered the O2 on 25 November on a cut price ticket obtained at the last gasp, I still had many doubts as to how they'd be. But they put on a good show.

It would be very sad if they were to bow out like this, but these guys are in their 70s and csn do what they like now. How many other bands have lasted 54 years? The Who have done 52 but had a lengthy break in the 80s.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:40

Monsoon Ragoon
Totally absurd. Why don't they book a club or theater? Is the stadium cheaper?

Robert Kenneth Kraftis an American business magnate. ... His sports holdings include the National Football League's New England Patriots, Major League Soccer's New England Revolution, and the stadium in which both teams play, Gillette Stadium.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:40

Well early this year Neil Young also did this kind of overpaid private gig for an audience of corporate zombies and nobody blamed the eco-warrior for it.

I don't get why the Stones should be castigated for playing corpo-rock till the end of times while Neil Young was forgotten the day after the private show happened.
And if you look at the bigger picture you'll see this "Fall 2016 US tour" : it was built around the Oldchella cash machine and Mick cleverly added a few (equally juicy) extra dates just to make a nice thing ($$$$) even nicer.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:43

This idea that they don't owe
the fans is absolutely ridiculous. without the fans they would absolutely be nothing

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home