Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 19
Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Date: October 25, 2016 19:12

Wish I had a spare 5 million!

Shhhadooooobbbiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee

Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 25, 2016 19:15

Rokyfan
Hey, maybe they will do Salt of the Earth tonight?

@#$%& Blues won't be on setlist as well...

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: October 25, 2016 19:23

I guess after reading all this, all I can say is I'm glad they are still performing, maybe they will atleast bust out 'Jigsaw Puzzle' or something deeper and someone will get it on a iphone...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 25, 2016 19:33

Well, they have become @#$%& after all. sad.
jeroen

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 25, 2016 19:35

"I got my money, my ticket
All that shit
I even got myself
A little shaving kit"

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 25, 2016 19:40

Hank M you have it right:
>It is all about elitism. It is about 1%ers vulgarly showing off their wealth to the exclusion of most everyone else. It is like the wealthy privately buying a beautiful work art to prevent it from being displayed in a museum or art gallery. They get off it being theirs, and theirs only. > and the rest of your post.

Who is not there (us, the common people, whatever) is more important than who is (the Stones). They go places we don't and can't, that's why they are the one percent. That's why they pay millions for a private show. The Private part is what counts, not the Show. This is the world of the Rolling Stones. They do not need us anymore for tour revenue, they found a better idea.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 25, 2016 19:41

wonderboy
Good take by HankM.
This is income/wealth inequity in action, and in a democratic society with so many struggling it creates anger.
The attendees aren't going to see the Stones, they're going because it's an experience that sets them off from the masses.
And the stadium venue was chosen because it's easier to keep people out of a castle than it would be if they were playing at a club.
If Mick wants to sell the band this way, it cheapens them, imo.
It smacks of estate planning and not a creative endeavor.

Yup, and the best thing for me to do now is "adjust". I dont need to be angry. I am fine in a world where some have more than others, it is fine. I dont mind that some person has a really nice car, or private jet or mansion. It is the way things are and I accepted that long ago.

I have it really really good. It would be nice to have billions of Dollars, but it is not the cards that I was dealt, but I do have so much to be thankful for... I am blessed... not as blessed as some, but that fine too. I am happy with what I have and have done with very few regrets.

I just need to go through an adjustment period for how I think (and feel) (heart and brain) about this band. I need to grow up. Maybe they are doing me a favor by doing this stupid crap (short tour mainly so they can play for billionaires). Maybe it is good thing for me to no longer think and feel about them the way I did 8 weeks ago (and for the past 30-40 years).

I guess it it time to throw out the tiger beat magazines and quit being a teenager grinning smiley

Hearing their songs come on in and play in random places will no longer be pure joy. It will be a good song from a good band... but will be nothing special to me anymore. Just another band like The Beatles, The Who, The Doors, Jimi, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Britney Spears, Justin Blubber, David Cassidy, The Shanana, Devo and others... all just bands/singers... all little monkeys who will perform... dance and sing for a quarter(or 5 Million Dollars). They are nothing but performers and portrayers playing in the limelight for my entertainment and amusement.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 25, 2016 19:51

BV and others who have seen the Stones multiple times can say yeah whatever its just the way the world works and tough luck etc.
But for many people who missed the cancelled show it was a once in a life time chance to see the Stones and for others maybe their last chance to see them.
Why can't people be a bit upset by this, why are we brain washed into thinking the Stones are above criticism.
Please allow people to be pissed off for 5 mins

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 25, 2016 19:57

They did the mini-tour for the Desert Trip concerts and threw in a couple corporate gigs to off-set expenses, so what??

I just saw the Rolling Stones twice and had the time of my life. Desert Trip 2 was amazing and the Vegas show was exactly what I needed. Drove 20+ hours (each way) to see them, got a super-inexpensive pit ticket, slept in a tent in the desert, got a lucky dip for Vegas 2, spent relatively little on the whole experience, had a blast, and now consider it priceless.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 25, 2016 19:58

jumpontopofmebaby

I cant understand how the people who pay for these private gigs allow the Stones to play 10 or 12 songs. If I had the money to hire them it would be a minimum 20 songs and I get to pick the setlist or no deal.

Date: October 25, 2016 20:01

virgil
jumpontopofmebaby

I cant understand how the people who pay for these private gigs allow the Stones to play 10 or 12 songs. If I had the money to hire them it would be a minimum 20 songs and I get to pick the setlist or no deal.
\

I agree I would pick the set list and ask for 24 songs. Still 2 hours just no long songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 20:02 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: October 25, 2016 20:06

Easy: when you hired, you accept all them conditions...

Wont be easy to contract them for a private gig, first thing, you need some spare million dolars...

Date: October 25, 2016 20:08

MisterDDDD
They did the mini-tour for the Desert Trip concerts and threw in a couple corporate gigs to off-set expenses, so what??

I just saw the Rolling Stones twice and had the time of my life. Desert Trip 2 was amazing and the Vegas show was exactly what I needed. Drove 20+ hours (each way) to see them, got a super-inexpensive pit ticket, slept in a tent in the desert, got a lucky dip for Vegas 2, spent relatively little on the whole experience, had a blast, and now consider it priceless.

Well good for you, aren't you the lucky one, my heart goes out to the people who got the cancelled gig, anything wrong with that ??

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 25, 2016 20:09

stone4ever
BV and others who have seen the Stones multiple times can say yeah whatever its just the way the world works and tough luck etc.
But for many people who missed the cancelled show it was a once in a life time chance to see the Stones and for others maybe their last chance to see them.
Why can't people be a bit upset by this, why are we brain washed into thinking the Stones are above criticism.

BV has basically sacrificed his life to get where he is. Others have sacrificed much too (not me). I bailed on Desert Trip because it was too much hassle for me (I live in Los Angeles) and I hate crowds. I figured, "ech, I'll see them in Vegas on the 19th". They canceled. Oh well. It's not a life changer. Even Mick penned "It's only rock and roll". Yeah, I know now I'll only ever see the band if I want to fly to Europe in 2017.

I challenge anyone to find fault in someone who's worked the same job for 55 years and has only had to call in sick a few times....A FEW TIMES! I've probably called in sick more in 2016 than The Stones did in 55 years.

And if you have an issue with them playing a private gig and you not getting in, you're just a jealous whiner. It ain't the 1970's any more, with 50-stop tours, coming to your city soon. Appreciate the fact that the band still even exists. Everyone else started breaking up in 1970....

Date: October 25, 2016 20:10

MisterDDDD

Don't really understand the expense thought. Desert Trip the stage was Roger Waters. I am sure the promoter had to pay him a few bucks extra for allowing it to be used but doubt it cost the other bands anything since they all own their own stages etc

They were paid anywhere from 9 to 14 million per Desert Trip show depending on which report you want to believe.

The Las Vegas Shows are also a dollar figure guaranteed.

They could add 2 more shows anywhere and say there were just to help offset the expense. And they would. But in the end it is just more profit.

The private shows are just topping on the cake.

And I don't blame them. I truly just wish I had a spare 5 mil.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 20:12 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 25, 2016 20:19

stone4ever

Yes.
I think a better choice to play the last gig of US would have been
in NY to coincide with the opening of Exibitionism or maybe,
give us a true 'live stream' off their new RS app
instead of a 12-15 year old documentary 'Tip of the Tongue' with hype.
Now, the RS certainly have tried to be around the world here to all
in the last 4-5 years, right? 2012 big US markets, Europe, Australia, Asia, Zipcode in the US heartland, South America, Mexico.
As I said to a kid of mine once:
'I hold you to such high standards because you've given me so much.'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 20:20 by 35love.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 25, 2016 20:20

stone4ever
MisterDDDD

Well good for you, aren't you the lucky one, my heart goes out to the people who got the cancelled gig, anything wrong with that ??

Not at all.
I was amongst them along with my wife who flew in to Vegas to meet me for just the one show. Major drag, but like most reasonable people, we get that people get sick. Life happens.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: October 25, 2016 20:22

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Can someone explain where they are playing? Inside the wealthy barracks?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 25, 2016 20:24

35love
I think a better choice to play the last gig of US would have been
in NY to coincide with the opening of Exibitionism...

Where's it been said/written that they won't do something in NYC - or elsewhere?

Date: October 25, 2016 20:27

roller99
stone4ever

BV has basically sacrificed his life to get where he is. Others have sacrificed much too (not me). I bailed on Desert Trip because it was too much hassle for me (I live in Los Angeles) and I hate crowds. I figured, "ech, I'll see them in Vegas on the 19th". They canceled. Oh well. It's not a life changer. Even Mick penned "It's only rock and roll". Yeah, I know now I'll only ever see the band if I want to fly to Europe in 2017.

I challenge anyone to find fault in someone who's worked the same job for 55 years and has only had to call in sick a few times....A FEW TIMES! I've probably called in sick more in 2016 than The Stones did in 55 years.

And if you have an issue with them playing a private gig and you not getting in, you're just a jealous whiner. It ain't the 1970's any more, with 50-stop tours, coming to your city soon. Appreciate the fact that the band still even exists. Everyone else started breaking up in 1970....

Hey ego boy you're missing the point, its OK for people to be upset and disappointed with the way the Stones have behaved. The real fans should come first, they could have fitted another date this week to replace the cancelled Vegas gig but didn't, probably due to this private gig. They left it to the last minute to finally cancel a show they had no intention of playing, people spent a small fortune waiting to see if they were going to reschedule.
The other thing is why didn't they just do 2 stadium shows to the fans, it would make just as much profit, this 3 date tour is a joke. People are naturally sickened by the greed of this band. I'm lot a jealous whiner as you put it, iv'e seen this band many times and they have given me more than i could ever ask for, but it needs to be said, they have totally sold out now, very sad.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 25, 2016 20:36

I was one of the lucky folks that flew to Vegas for the cancelled show last week. This "private gig" thing doesn't upset me but is money really what drives the Stones at this point? These guys have more money than God, with the band on it's last legs you'd think they'd want to play to as many true fans as possible. I also don't know how to feel about 'private gigs help fund the tour'- Did my $500 not help fund the tour? $750 floor seats don't help fund the tour? But its not like they don't get a big pay playing real gigs in the first place. It's kind of baffling to me.

Again, not bitching or anything- count me in the 'they can do whatever they want' camp. I just find their motivation odd at this point. Like they get more out of a paycheck then they do from the energy of 50,000 real fans? Verses the fortunate group of Bob Craft's buddies that got invited to the coolest cocktail party they'll ever attend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 20:44 by Gaetzi.

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: October 25, 2016 20:42

The days of Vredenberg, Cirkus Krone and Astoria really are light years awaysad smiley(

John Nicholls

Date: October 25, 2016 20:43

Gaetzi
I was one of the lucky folks that flew to Vegas for the cancelled show last week. This "private gig" thing doesn't upset me but is money really what drives the Stones at this point? These guys have more money than God, with the band on it's last legs you'd think they'd want to play to as many true fans as possible. I also don't know how to feel about 'private gigs help fund the tour'- Did my $500 not help fund the tour? $750 floor seats don't help fund the tour?

Again, not bitching or anything- count me in the 'they can do whatever they want' camp. I just find their motivation odd at this point. Like they get more out of a paycheck then they do from the energy of 50,000 real fans? Verses the fortunate group of Bob Craft's buddies that got invited to the coolest cocktail party they'll ever attend.

Couldn't agree more, the Stones value private and fat cat corporations money over yours. I can't believe people on this site are defending the Stones over this. I guess this is the way the world works now, BV is right, but it ain't right.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 25, 2016 20:45

I've got no dogs in this fight but anyway you look at it, it is indeed pathetic that they are accepting to compromise whatever integrity they have left...again, if it's their last gig ever, it will go down in infamy.

As for a gig in NYC ? Why wouldn't they play another private gig over there ? It seems that all you need is cash ? Maybe Trump will hire them to comfort his supporters ? Would they say "no" ?

@roller99 - I'm confused, weren't you at the Fonda gig last year ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 20:46 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 25, 2016 20:47

Stoneage
All that shit
I even got myself
A little shaving kit"

Kraft is a sports company, methinks smiling smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 25, 2016 20:50

Gillette It Rock!

sad smiley

Date: October 25, 2016 20:54

stone4ever
roller99
stone4ever

Hey ego boy you're missing the point, its OK for people to be upset and disappointed with the way the Stones have behaved. The real fans should come first, they could have fitted another date this week to replace the cancelled Vegas gig but didn't, probably due to this private gig. They left it to the last minute to finally cancel a show they had no intention of playing, people spent a small fortune waiting to see if they were going to reschedule.
The other thing is why didn't they just do 2 stadium shows to the fans, it would make just as much profit, this 3 date tour is a joke. People are naturally sickened by the greed of this band. I'm lot a jealous whiner as you put it, iv'e seen this band many times and they have given me more than i could ever ask for, but it needs to be said, they have totally sold out now, very sad.

But you don't really know any of these things, you're assuming worst-case scenarios all the way here.

Mick could have been real sick, they could have had trouble selling out stadiums etc. etc.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 25, 2016 20:55

roller99
stone4ever

Mick got sick, they couldn't play, nobody can knock them for that. But can you really blame someone who spend hundreds of dollars on transportation, hotel, etc. if reading about the Kraft extravaganza leaves a sour taste. Maybe someone will post a snippet of a song, or at least a pic of the caviar and lobster risotto, so we all can get down with the Stones vicariously.

But why should anyone "appreciate" that fact that what was once a rock and roll band has become a circus act playing a few shows now and then to individuals who can pay $750 for an upper deck ticket or, even better, 5 million dollars for a private show. You can appreciate that if you want, I will continue to think that it is sad what they have become.

Date: October 25, 2016 20:56

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
roller99
stone4ever

But you don't really know any of these things, you're assuming worst-case scenarios all the way here.

Mick could have been real sick, they could have had trouble selling out stadiums etc. etc.

I'm not for one moment saying he wasn't sick, read my posts before replying to them

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 25, 2016 20:56

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage
All that shit
I even got myself
A little shaving kit"

Kraft is a sports company, methinks

Among other things...

[www.thekraftgroup.com]

The stadium naming rights are currently owned by Gillette, who manufactures razors and shaving products.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1408
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home