Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 19
Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Date: October 25, 2016 16:11

mr_dja
I think this is great. I hope the Stones, the Kraft family & their guests have a great time tonight. I just wish I were on the guest list!

Peace,
Mr. DJA

You should be, my friend. The Stones are playing in your area. Check in and see if/how it can be done thumbs up

Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 25, 2016 16:21

Hopefully someone will 'scope.

Olly.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 25, 2016 16:21

Some will defend the Stones no matter what they do. Covering the cost, seriously? I understand at this point they are obligated but seriously covering the cost?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 25, 2016 16:31

Well said...thumbs upsmileys with beer
We can love a band and remain well... clever and awake.

corriecas
laughinearlydied
Long John Stoner
Monsoon Ragoon
Totally absurd. Why don't they book a club or theater? Is the stadium cheaper?

This just killsh me. Who the hell are you or anyone else for that matter to judge the Stones on tis. THEY DON'T OWE YOU A THING. READ IT AGAIN. THEY DON'T OWE YOU A THING.

oh.. we are sorry that we have our opinons and didnt realize that we have to adore endlessly whatever the band does, like, for example, playing in a tent with jaggers sore throat right after cancelling scheduled vegas. i suppose that if they played there just covers of justin bieber you would say we should not judge.
i am a fan of the band, not a fanboy of the band. of course i judge them.

smileys with beer
Jeroen

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 25, 2016 16:32

DandelionPowderman
mr_dja
I think this is great. I hope the Stones, the Kraft family & their guests have a great time tonight. I just wish I were on the guest list!

Peace,
Mr. DJA

You should be, my friend. The Stones are playing in your area. Check in and see if/how it can be done thumbs up

Not my area anymore... My sister lives about 20 miles from the stadium. I'm about 920 miles away... Unfortunately for me, my employer & wife wouldn't be nearly as understanding as bv's if I were to let them know I was taking off for Boston (metropolitan area for the dept. of accuracy) for a Stones show tonight. It would be a fun adventure and I hope that some IORRians will have the ability to report back to us tomorrow or late tonight about their experiences today...

Damn, it would be exciting to try and get there though!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 25, 2016 16:49

Gillette Stadium webcam, 9:30AM local time.

All tented up, so the cold shouldn't be a factor.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: October 25, 2016 16:58

I love the Stones but they never stood for anything but their love affair with the rich society people. Their songs have included sexist, racist and violence from back in the 60's. To suddenly expect them to have any social conscience or conscience at all regarding their cancelled show or fan club dates is unrealistic. They are what they are and that's how it has always been.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 16:59 by DoomandGloom.

Date: October 25, 2016 17:03

mr_dja
DandelionPowderman
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr. DJA

Not my area anymore... My sister lives about 20 miles from the stadium. I'm about 920 miles away... Unfortunately for me, my employer & wife wouldn't be nearly as understanding as bv's if I were to let them know I was taking off for Boston (metropolitan area for the dept. of accuracy) for a Stones show tonight. It would be a fun adventure and I hope that some IORRians will have the ability to report back to us tomorrow or late tonight about their experiences today...

Damn, it would be exciting to try and get there though!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Ah, ok grinning smiley

BUT: «Damn, it would be exciting to try and get there though!»

You're still thinking of it

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 25, 2016 17:03

"I bet your mama was a tent show queen..."

Just hope no women will be whipped just around midnight...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 25, 2016 17:04

Olly

I don't know if it comes from the Stones or from their temporary millionaire employers, but security at these private shows is usually hyper-active when it comes to filming and scoping - far more so than their public gigs.

Date: October 25, 2016 17:08

Green Lady
Olly

I don't know if it comes from the Stones or from their temporary millionaire employers, but security at these private shows is usually hyper-active when it comes to filming and scoping - far more so than their public gigs.

Matt filmed a bit from the trucker-gig. Only a few seconds, though..

Date: October 25, 2016 17:10

webcam link is kinda cool. Thanks for sharing bye bye johnny!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: October 25, 2016 17:11

Long John Stoner
Monsoon Ragoon

This just kills me. Who the hell are you or anyone else for that matter to judge the Stones on this. THEY DON'T OWE YOU A THING. READ IT AGAIN. THEY DON'T OWE YOU A THING.

This sense of entitlement is one of the HUGE drawbacks of career longevity. People like Rangoon and others here selfishly think the Rolling Stones exist merely to cater to their whims, when in fact reality is they are a group of musicians averaging over 72 years of age who belong to an enterprise that became a business decades ago and whose every action is either covered by contracts or the whims of the group leaders.

Do any of you even stop to realize what it would take to re-schedule the one Vegas show? Even if they did, there's no way to make it up to the people who were disappointed in the first place. Some would get to go, but most who attend who have had nothing invested in the first show. It's absurd to think otherwise.

Some of you, please don't ever wonder why you hear rumors that the drummer is tired of all this crap, or the singer and guitar player can't get along. Better yet, why the now 80 year old bass player (let that age in in for a moment) was sick of it all way back in 1992 and QUIT. Some of you will NEVER BE HAPPY. You'll call them elitists, cash whores and more. Thing is, deep down, they know they gave you everything for so long and yet you still want more. After nearly 55 years doing this, they'll do it their way or not at all. Live with it.

100% Agreed! I have no idea why some people are part of this site. Bitch and moan about everything - songs, set lists, Mick Taylor, on and on...WTF...you can set a watch to it...miserable...

Date: October 25, 2016 17:13

DandelionPowderman

You're still thinking of it

Probably will be for most of the day today and possibly part of tomorrow. smileys with beer Good thing is, I already know that I'll have no regrets of not being there.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 25, 2016 17:13

Sign of the times these private gigs. Seems like the very rich have become very richer. I remember the Swedish millionaire who bought a private Rod Stewart gig in the house for his wife's 50-year birthday.
And the oil sheiks who buys artists and Western women to amuse their harems. I wonder if the Stones would play for a sheik?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 25, 2016 17:26

Stoneage
Sign of the times these private gigs. Seems like the very rich have become very richer. I remember the Swedish millionaire who bought a private Rod Stewart gig in the house for his wife's 50-year birthday.
And the oil sheiks who buys artists and Western women to amuse their harems. I wonder if the Stones would play for a sheik?

If he pays 4 millon dollars or more, they would. so would i.(only if a harem is included on my rider)
Jeroen

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: October 25, 2016 17:35

AlmostHearYouSigh
Long John Stoner
Monsoon Ragoon

This just kills me. Who the hell are you or anyone else for that matter to judge the Stones on this. THEY DON'T OWE YOU A THING. READ IT AGAIN. THEY DON'T OWE YOU A THING.

This sense of entitlement is one of the HUGE drawbacks of career longevity. People like Rangoon and others here selfishly think the Rolling Stones exist merely to cater to their whims, when in fact reality is they are a group of musicians averaging over 72 years of age who belong to an enterprise that became a business decades ago and whose every action is either covered by contracts or the whims of the group leaders.

Do any of you even stop to realize what it would take to re-schedule the one Vegas show? Even if they did, there's no way to make it up to the people who were disappointed in the first place. Some would get to go, but most who attend who have had nothing invested in the first show. It's absurd to think otherwise.

Some of you, please don't ever wonder why you hear rumors that the drummer is tired of all this crap, or the singer and guitar player can't get along. Better yet, why the now 80 year old bass player (let that age in in for a moment) was sick of it all way back in 1992 and QUIT. Some of you will NEVER BE HAPPY. You'll call them elitists, cash whores and more. Thing is, deep down, they know they gave you everything for so long and yet you still want more. After nearly 55 years doing this, they'll do it their way or not at all. Live with it.

100% Agreed! I have no idea why some people are part of this site. Bitch and moan about everything - songs, set lists, Mick Taylor, on and on...WTF...you can set a watch to it...miserable...

I have seldom complained about setlists (I even said Desert setlists were great) or Mick Taylor (although his appearances 2012-14 were a joke except Midnight Rambler). I only criticize this strange US "tour" and how they Treat people who paid 100s of bucks to be at shows that eventually never happen. Instead of rescheduling normal shows they play for some billionairs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 17:41 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: October 25, 2016 17:35

Does Mick get a go at Gisele Bundchen as part of his rider?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 25, 2016 17:42

C'mon, Justify it all you want.

"Corporate gigs pay the bills, blah blah blah"
"Other bands do it too, blah blah blah"
"If you had the money, blah blah blah"

FIVE (5) shows on this so-called "tour".
Two ultra-expensive ones in the @#$%& desert.
ONE in Vegas with ludicrous ticket prices.
TWO PRIVATE CORPORATE FUNCTIONS.

You can't blame us for being pissed off.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 25, 2016 17:49

The Worst.
I feel sorry for those who had tickets for the first Las Vegas show. It seems like this private gig is the reason why it didn't get rescheduled. It's a shame how easily they cancel a highly advertised show for 19,000 hard working people who invested time and money, just in order to play a tiny cooperate gig for a few hundred people who probably don't give a damn. Why didn't they just postpone the Foxboro thing instead? Why can't they be a bit more utilitarian?

I understand why they had to warm up before the Desert shows with a private event in Vegas, but this one is harder to explain. Why play to an empty stadium when they can play to a full? None of this makes sense to me, not even the money.

I had tickets to the first Vegas show as well as my wife who flew in for it to meet me after DT2. Don't feel sorry for us on account of this private gig.

We both understand that people get ill and have to occassionaly miss a day of work, and that when they get well enough to return, they don't reset the calendar.

Hoping Mick's throat is doing much better than even the the other night and those fortunate enough to attend have the time of their lives...

Re: Club gigs USA fall 2016
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 25, 2016 18:08

heinz57
bye bye johnny
Cristiano Radtke
As far as I remember, there were some talks about this Boston gig since late August.

October 25 date was tipped by heinz57 last month. - [iorr.org]

Johnny - Thank you for that. I posted some information that I thought would be interesting to IORR people. Instead, I was called a troll, hostile, misleading, full of BS, my posts should be deleted etc. I told you at the time that you would find out I was right. I appreciate your remembering that.

Some people couldn't believe there was a Stones concert going on even when it was actually happening.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: October 25, 2016 18:11

From the pictures it indeed is on the field but they have built an indoor structure for them to play and entertain, the elements will not be a factor that Chicago was.

Have fun boys

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 25, 2016 18:12

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 25, 2016 18:20

AlmostHearYouSigh
Long John Stoner
Monsoon Ragoon

Try to focus.

Nothing about set lists, Mick Taylor, etc. Nothing to do with entitlement or anybody owing anybody anything.

Some people, maybe long time fans or newer ones, don't like that the Stones are going out like this. Why play a dozen shows for fans when they can play a party for a bloodsucker like Kraft and pocket the same millions? They know they will have the same drooling fanboys defending whatever they do. Hey, we all have to "cover our costs," right?

Some fans are disappointed over this disgrace of a tour they are finishing up tonight, some because they actually wanted to see them without taking out a second mortgage, some like me who have seen them enough and just think it is sad.

Hey, maybe they will do Salt of the Earth tonight?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 18:21 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 25, 2016 18:31

The Stones could focus solely on hiring themselves out to private functions in the same way that clowns do for children's birthday parties.
Only the special elite will experience them, while the uninvited get to hear about it the day after.
Less hassle and a bigger payday for the band, but the common folk get screwed.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 25, 2016 18:47

well, as musch as I love the band, I don't like that this are the ONLY small venue gig in a tour, no matter how short.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 25, 2016 18:56

Secret's out on Stones' Kraft-y stop
Gayle Fee
Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Credit: AP

The Rolling Stones are in town to play a private event for the Kraft family at Gillette Stadium tonight for several hundred friends and business associates of The Kraft Group.

The super-exclusive soiree in the Optum Field Lounge will be followed by a show starring Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood on the Gillette field.

A spokesman for the team said the party is “a private function.”

Invitations went out several weeks ago and the Krafts reportedly were hoping to keep the whole shindig under wraps. You know, to avoid those “why wasn’t I invited” calls. So annoying ...

The Stones just did two shows in Vegas and two weekends earlier this month at Desert Trip in California. Every concert spawns chatter that it could be the band’s swan song. Jagger is 73 and Charlie Watts is 75.

But the band has a new studio album coming out in December, and it is possible that they could hit the road yet again to back it.

As for the Gillette gig, we regret to report that the Track’s invitation appears to have blown off the porch ...

[www.bostonherald.com]

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 25, 2016 19:00

The Stones just did two one shows in Vegas and two weekends shows earlier this month at Desert Trip in California, which had followed another private billionaire show in Las Vegas the week before.

fixed

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 25, 2016 19:06

Good take by HankM.
This is income/wealth inequity in action, and in a democratic society with so many struggling it creates anger.
The attendees aren't going to see the Stones, they're going because it's an experience that sets them off from the masses.
And the stadium venue was chosen because it's easier to keep people out of a castle than it would be if they were playing at a club.
If Mick wants to sell the band this way, it cheapens them, imo.
It smacks of estate planning and not a creative endeavor.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 25, 2016 19:09

At least I finally understand why those Gillette razor blades are so overpriced...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home