Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 117
Re: The Rolling Stones new blues album "Blue & Lonesome" due out Dec 2
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: December 2, 2016 14:09

it's reassuring to feel the bad vibes coming in even more fast and predictable than the enthusiasm of fans on first listen, and here is the place

mind you I make a lot of difference between bad vibes and critical reviews

up until know I am sorry but I feel a lot like Kristen ;-)

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-02 14:11 by maumau.

Date: December 2, 2016 14:11

maumau
it's reassuring to feel the bad vibes coming in even more fast than the enthusiasm of fans on first listen, and here is the place

mind you I make a lot of difference between bad vibes and critical reviews

up until know I am sorry but I feel a lot like Kristen ;-)

video: [www.youtube.com]

Two entirely different things. Important distinction.

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: December 2, 2016 14:11

peoplewitheyes
I like most everybody here love the sound of this album - raw and crunchy, Mick sounds great - more 'into it', feeling the vocals - than in a long time. The whole atmosphere of sound is dark and brooding.

But.....

I guess my problem is the blues. I don't really like listening to a tune for the first time and knowing what the chord will change to and when. Every single tune on the new album you know when the changes are coming and how. At least Love In Vain contains that Eminor (i think, i dont have my guitar with me) that surprises a little. I guess the blues is just a little to predictable for me.

I would love to love the new album, but feel i have already heard these songs a thousand times before...

Now I'm really ducking down to avoid the rotten tomatoes...

Yeah, I hear you. It's all a bit predictable. Blues by numbers, but those how the songs were written.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: December 2, 2016 14:17

Redhotcarpet
Geez what a boring album! Loudness war, Mick tries to sing like a yelling 20 something guy, Keith is absent, no nuances at all in anything. Hate to see you go is good though. Had they released that - fine but no this is not a good album. 2/5. 2 is for the Mick Jagger harmonica showcase.

HMS?

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: December 2, 2016 14:24

I'm not trying to spread bad vibes! I really like All Of Your Love, and as i said, the sound/feel is great. But i guess i like more than three chords (or at least three different chords, or in a different order) in my music... Not digging the blues doesn't preclude me from loving the Rolling Stones. I love how they took so many of those blues sounds/ideas/feels and took them into new dimensions. Which i dont hear on all these covers.

But that's enough from me. Everyone else, roll a fat one and enjoy it!!

Date: December 2, 2016 14:25

peoplewitheyes
I'm not trying to spread bad vibes! I really like All Of Your Love, and as i said, the sound/feel is great. But i guess i like more than three chords (or at least three different chords, or in a different order) in my music... Not digging the blues doesn't preclude me from loving the Rolling Stones. I love how they took so many of those blues sounds/ideas/feels and took them into new dimensions. Which i dont hear on all these covers.

You're obviously not that impressed with GS, BS, RO, HTW or SFTD either..

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 2, 2016 14:29

DandelionPowderman
peoplewitheyes
I like most everybody here love the sound of this album - raw and crunchy, Mick sounds great - more 'into it', feeling the vocals - than in a long time. The whole atmosphere of sound is dark and brooding.

But.....

I guess my problem is the blues. I don't really like listening to a tune for the first time and knowing what the chord will change to and when. Every single tune on the new album you know when the changes are coming and how. At least Love In Vain contains that Eminor (i think, i dont have my guitar with me) that surprises a little. I guess the blues is just a little to predictable for me.

I would love to love the new album, but feel i have already heard these songs a thousand times before...

Rock isn't really that different to the blues here smoking smiley

No...and on that basis we wouldn't want to listen to any tune more than once winking smiley

Date: December 2, 2016 14:33

As i said, three different chords or in a difference sequence (not a I-IV-V pattern). All of those songs you mentioned throw things together in a different, un-expected way (even the 'simplest' HTW, brings in that nice A). I couldnt guess any of those songs' structures the first time I heard them, like i can with every track on this.

Whatever, i'm glad you guys are all loving it. Wish i was. The blues is just a little to predictable for me.

Date: December 2, 2016 14:36

Cristiano Radtke
Some longer interviews with Keith, Mick, Charlie and Ronnie on a japanese website:

Keith

Mick

Charlie

Ronnie

Thank a lot for posting these. Great interviews. Very enjoyable to listen to them.

I must say that they all look amazing.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 2, 2016 14:43

peoplewitheyes

As i said, three different chords or in a difference sequence (not a I-IV-V pattern). All of those songs you mentioned throw things together in a different, un-expected way (even the 'simplest' HTW, brings in that nice A). I couldnt guess any of those songs' structures the first time I heard them, like i can with every track on this.

Whatever, i'm glad you guys are all loving it. Wish i was. The blues is just a little to predictable for me.

Fair enough; I don't want to argue with you. But I would say that even if you can predict the chords for the main song structure that doesn't follow for the soloing of either guitar or harmonica plus Mick's singing is the business on this. It's the feeling of this album that makes it special, predictable or not.

Date: December 2, 2016 14:52

Yeah, rebelrebel, no doubt that Mick is sounding just brilliant here and the guitars too for sure. I have to say after seeing the Stones earlier in the year here in Mexico, my respect for Mr Jagger has risen so high, and hearing his voice here even more so

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: December 2, 2016 15:18

matxil
Cristiano Radtke
Some longer interviews with Keith, Mick, Charlie and Ronnie on a japanese website:

Keith

Mick

Charlie

Ronnie

Great interviews. Thanks for posting.
It must be difficult to interview Charlie by the way.

Fun to watch.

And Charlie seems really easy to talk to. But let's be honest: the guy asked some very dumb questions from Charlie, predictable questions (last album..., you enjoy blues more..., why are people attracted to blues), but a few nice moments...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 2, 2016 15:21

donvis
[iorr.org] I am going to take all the credit here.....

smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 2, 2016 15:30

peoplewitheyes

Yeah, it could get messy smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 2, 2016 15:40

Can anyone on this forum please upload the Album on Youtube ? I haven't heard it yet.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: December 2, 2016 15:45

peoplewitheyes

+1

I might add that, of all the tracks, All Of Your Love is IMO the one that breathes the most, the one that builds tension up slowly and then provides sweet, sweet release ...

Drew

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: December 2, 2016 15:48

great blues album from the stones got great vibes just like exile and sticky can breathe the same air,cannot please e.one ,just get the fuc... out of here,get your yas yas out,gonna play the blues this w.end party time.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 2, 2016 15:50

Fantastic Blues-album...just listened to my copy.... 6/5 thumbs up

2 1 2 0

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 2, 2016 15:57

donvis
[iorr.org] I am going to take all the credit here.....

It was all you!

Date: December 2, 2016 15:58

TheflyingDutchman
Can anyone on this forum please upload the Album on Youtube ? I haven't heard it yet.

It is available on Spotify.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 2, 2016 15:58

For some reason, I think this thing will sell up a storm. By current day standards.

Rod

Date: December 2, 2016 15:59

TheflyingDutchman - just google Rolling Stones Blue and Lonesome streaming and you'll find it in seconds

Date: December 2, 2016 15:59

drewmaster
peoplewitheyes

+1

I might add that, of all the tracks, All Of Your Love is IMO the one that breathes the most, the one that builds tension up slowly and then provides sweet, sweet release ...

Drew

Add Little Rain to that list.

Date: December 2, 2016 16:10

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

It is available on Spotify.

Thanks. I'm out of the world lately.thumbs up

Date: December 2, 2016 16:11

TheflyingDutchman

The album is available on all music streaming services, inclusive Amazon.

Edit: I was too late.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-02 16:11 by Hansman.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: December 2, 2016 16:16

drewmaster
peoplewitheyes

+1

Drew

I do agree, AOYL is my fav either for what you say and because it is one of the deepest cuts.

anyway it is not the only track that breathes as you put it. blue and lonesome, little rain, hoodo blues, i cant quit you and in different ways just like i treat you and hate to see you go

moreover I think that the album as a whole is well compiled in terms of grooves, different paces, so in a way I wold say that it is the album that breathes

up until now R'EOD and JYF are my least fav, less inspired and flat and still I dig them in the whole.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-02 16:28 by maumau.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 2, 2016 16:16

Good tunes so far what i have heard esp. ride em on down .Mick singing sounds good ,Ronnie playing some really nice lead ,Mick's harp .Can't wait to get home today and i hope my copy is in the mail today because i will blast the heck out of it .I would also like to add that i am so glad Keith convinced Mick to do this because this is right in there wheelbarrle ,to me they play the BLUES so darn rootin tootin Good.And also kudos and bravo to the production style because this sounds like Chris Kimsey behind the board where everything esp. the guitars are really crisp sounding ,nice and clean ,not the distorted sound of ABB.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-02 16:30 by TheGreek.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 2, 2016 16:17

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 22:33 by schillid.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 2, 2016 16:24

Great video with K-Stew (??smiling smiley )

Ride 'Em on Down

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 2, 2016 16:32

>grinning smiley<
MisterDDDD
Great video with K-Stew (??smiling smiley )

Ride 'Em on Down

video: [youtu.be]
So that's who it is because she is rocking out so good in the video .Bravo to whomever grabbed her for the video

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-02 16:32 by TheGreek.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2040
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home