Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 117
Re: The Rolling Stones new blues album "Blue & Lonesome" due out Dec 2
Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: December 14, 2016 00:06

Swayed1967

The new album is OK but the fact is we’re listening to Blues covers because their own music is too weak to release.

How the hell do you know that?? ... have you heard the tracks that they've been working on ?????

No, I haven’t heard the new tracks and I never will according to Ron Wood who more or less said that they’ll strip the 6 new songs they have in the can for usable riffs and start over. In other words, the current songs are too weak to release. And so we got the blues instead. Hey, it was probably the right decision.

He probably said whatever he said because the new songs are just demos cut during pre-production. That doesn't mean the songs weren't good enough. Just that they need work. And they need to write more songs to have enough for an album.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 14, 2016 00:43

Maindefender

Keith stated they haven't made their best album yet, God love him....

That being said I'm ready for a really strong album of originals with one or two cool covers......thumbs up

Hairball
Agreed.
Whether it's blues, country, Motown, soul, reggae, etc., a couple of covers intermingled with originals would be great.
It's a Stones tradition on some of their best albums. Not saying those covers are always better, but they add a nice variety.

They totally owned Just My Imagination.....smiling smiley

Indeed it's a great cover, but I really like the original better.
The original is melancholic and soulful, while the Stones cranked it up and ripped it a new one.
Fits in nicely on Some Girls, and adds to the greatness of the album as a whole. thumbs up

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 14, 2016 01:53

I bought the new LP on vinyl today.
$39.99 Cdn, because it's a double-album.
It's a double album because there are two discs.
There are twelve songs totaling 42 minutes spread over two god-damned discs.

Mick, you greedy slut.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 14, 2016 02:45

jamesfdouglas

Mick, you greedy slut.

That's like only $15 US bucks now tho.. so good deal, eh? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 14, 2016 08:15

I listened through it once on Spotify. That's enough for me. For the meantime. I'm not going to buy anything of this.

Posted by: Idorh ()
Date: December 14, 2016 09:55

Stoneage. Hopefully for you that the new album of original songs in 2017 it can carry your approval.
Gr Bert.

Date: December 14, 2016 10:02

Unbelieveable. In 1964 the album The Rolling Stones came out. Full of energy and magic and driving rhythm. I was instantly hooked. In 1976, I was in a disco to turn the stones music, they said, the stones are too old and out of date. Then again 40 years later, they're like a steamroller around the world with tours and an album full of energy and magic and driving rhythm. For me it was the first album instinctively the best of the Stones. But now present 2016 Blue & Lonsome surpasses it. I can not get enough, every song I love. Will shine to that from 2016 to 2017 .
Gr Bert.

Date: December 14, 2016 10:14

Nice to close the old year 2016 to the New Year 2017.
Gr Bert.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: December 14, 2016 13:13

It's a pity there are no bonus tracks on B & L.
could have been used "Kansas City" from Zip Code Tour or "Going Down" from New Jersey as bonus tracks (blues covers) in a deluxe edition
I'd love to have those numbers in good quality and would fit well IMO to B & L

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-14 15:28 by 1962.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: December 14, 2016 14:15

jamesfdouglas

Mick, you greedy slut.

It´s not greed.
It´s for better sound.
The less the running time of each side, the better the sound.
So don´t complain, be thankful.cool smiley

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: December 14, 2016 22:02

just a awesome album, blues covers originals, who cares,the stones formed in 1962, to be able to put out something this good in 2016,54 yrs. later is mind blowing

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: December 14, 2016 23:16

it's 3 weeks now since i listened for the first time. i keep spinning it in between my daily play list of old and new stuff. love it. it's loud and fun. perfect duration and sequence. love exspecially charlie's work these days

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 15, 2016 07:24

HMS
Blue And Lonesome isn´t "relevant" as it adds nothing new. It has no musical relevance. It´s surprisingly good, in fact a very very good album but they just do what many others have done before. Of course they do it better than most others, but an album of originals as impressive as B&L would have been more "relevant".

After 11 years of not releasing a new album, even the most horrible Stones-album ever would have gone Number One, I guess. So being No.1 does not make it relevant. Nevertheless it´s nice to see that they still can reach a No.1 position.

That Blue And Lonesome isn´t "relevant" (musically) doesn´t matter - it´s still one of the most enjoyable albums they ever released. Like someone else said above, there is nothing to complain about B&L.

DIRTY WORK would not go number one. That's just kook talking.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 15, 2016 08:25

It must have been posted already, but just in case, this is a nice interview video : [umusic.app.box.com]

Date: December 15, 2016 13:43

GasLightStreet

Blue And Lonesome isn´t "relevant" as it adds nothing new. It has no musical relevance. It´s surprisingly good, in fact a very very good album but they just do what many others have done before. Of course they do it better than most others, but an album of originals as impressive as B&L would have been more "relevant".

After 11 years of not releasing a new album, even the most horrible Stones-album ever would have gone Number One, I guess. So being No.1 does not make it relevant. Nevertheless it´s nice to see that they still can reach a No.1 position.

That Blue And Lonesome isn´t "relevant" (musically) doesn´t matter - it´s still one of the most enjoyable albums they ever released. Like someone else said above, there is nothing to complain about B&L.

Nonsense. After a 11-year hiatus even Jamming With Edward would have gone No.1. Stop bashing their second best album since Black & Blue. DW, released only three years after Undercover and only one year after Mick´s She´s The Boss was number one in the swiss charts & dutch charts. It was No.4 in the USA and UK. It entered the top five almost everywhere around the globe. DW was a success.

Off topic: there seems to be something wrong with "quote this message" these days.

Date: December 15, 2016 13:54

My three Deluxe-sets arrived in the mail today! thumbs up

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: December 15, 2016 14:25

Little Feat spotted

you love some good music beside the stones, now don't you !

smileys with beer, resotele

Date: December 15, 2016 14:36

smileys with beer

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 15, 2016 14:51

DandelionPowderman

[i127.photobucket.com]
Congratulations!
Were there special codes on the outer brown carton boxes? Like date code and batch number?

Because the one I got was, apparently, packed on 17 October 2016
Also, the last line contains GZK code that seems to be ID of GZ Media from Czech Republic.I.e. the place where they print booklets and other paperwork.

Date: December 15, 2016 14:59

Yes, here is one of the boxes.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 15, 2016 15:06

DandelionPowderman
Yes, here is one of the boxes.

[i127.photobucket.com]
Thank you. So they were packing those boxes at least from mid October and produce them in big numbers. I wonder how many was in the batch, because the one you have is S518xxx and mine is S514xxx but the time difference is about 2 weeks.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 15, 2016 17:00

Awesome Dandelion, I expect to have mine any day now...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 15, 2016 17:12

GasLightStreet
HMS

HMS
Nonsense. After a 11-year hiatus even Jamming With Edward would have gone No.1. Stop bashing their second best album since Black & Blue. DW, released only three years after Undercover and only one year after Mick´s She´s The Boss was number one in the swiss charts & dutch charts. It was No.4 in the USA and UK. It entered the top five almost everywhere around the globe. DW was a success.

Off topic: there seems to be something wrong with "quote this message" these days.

YOU are nonsense.

As usual.

JAMMING WITH EDWARD would not have made the Top 10. DIRTY WORK would not've made #1. It was a "success" because it got as high as it did? That's it? That's your reason for it being so good? SHE'S THE BOSS somehow fits this... on Swiss and Dutch charts.

Total nonsense coming from the summa cum laude of University Of Kook. "BLUE AND LONESOME won't sell". Lummox.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 15, 2016 18:00

DandelionPowderman

[i127.photobucket.com]

And that's from the buy three big discount through the British amazon offer, correct? I'm hoping so as my three are scheduled to arrive to me on December 27th (I got a dispatch confirmation via email the other day). I was getting kind of nervous that we may have been scammed when no one had posted that their order had actually arrived.

I'm feeling a whole lot more optimistic after seeing your post!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: December 15, 2016 18:24

mr_dja

[i127.photobucket.com]

And that's from the buy three big discount through the British amazon offer, correct? I'm hoping so as my three are scheduled to arrive to me on December 27th (I got a dispatch confirmation via email the other day). I was getting kind of nervous that we may have been scammed when no one had posted that their order had actually arrived.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Indeed! It arrived on the first day within the time span they promised it would arrive thumbs up

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 15, 2016 18:51

DandelionPowderman

[i127.photobucket.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA

Indeed! It arrived on the first day within the time span they promised it would arrive thumbs up

SWEET! I forget the range that they gave me at time of purchase but I'm pretty sure that the earliest estimate was post-Christmas so, the 27th would be along the lines of the early side of the range. I'm just happy to know, after seeing some doubt being cast here 20 pages or so ago, that at least one of us HAS received what we all thought we were ordering.

As a side note: Did you receive an electronic version through this purchase as well? When I was placing the order, I thought that there was going to be a download included. However, I never received it and can't see anything stating that I should have, now. That's honestly the least of my concerns as I've got a digital copy in my Google Music Player. I just keep wondering if I'll see one in my amazon player as well.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 15, 2016 19:09

TRIFECTA:
B & L
All of Your Love
I Gotta Go

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: December 15, 2016 19:47

GasLightStreet

YOU are nonsense.

As usual.

JAMMING WITH EDWARD would not have made the Top 10. DIRTY WORK would not've made #1. It was a "success" because it got as high as it did? That's it? That's your reason for it being so good? SHE'S THE BOSS somehow fits this... on Swiss and Dutch charts.

Total nonsense coming from the summa cum laude of University Of Kook. "BLUE AND LONESOME won't sell". Lummox.

I would certainly rather listen to Jamming With Edward! How many times is this thread going to digress into a DW discussion?

Date: December 15, 2016 21:36

Had they released Dirty Work in 1986 as their first new album in eleven years of course it would have gone No.1. How can anyone (GLS in particular) doubt this is beyond me. Even if DW would be a bad album (of course it isn´t - it is nearly great in fact) it would have sold millions of copies, because nobody would have known BEFORE it´s release that it was a bad album. The only song that was known before it´s release was Harlem Shuffle, (maybe One Hit too, I can´t remember) which is a monster graced with the touch of true greatness. So if they can reach No.1 after eleven years in 2016 with a bunch of old Blues-songs, they would have easily gone No.1 in 1986 after eleven years with an album of originals. IMo, B&L is almost as good as DW. What makes DW a tad better than B&L is that it is an album consisting of originals. B&L is a great cover album but that´s easy to do for The Stones. They invested a lot more time and effort in recording DW and the result was an album almost as great as their very best albums (SF, Black And Blue, LIB, ER, U). What DW and B&L have in common is fiery and passionate playing and singing and very good songs. That´s what makes both albums so extremly enjoyable. As good and impressive as B&L is, If I had to decide I would vote for DW because it´s an album of originals.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 15, 2016 22:44

What makes DW a tad better than B&L is that it is an album consisting of originals

.....two covers old son....

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home