Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 117
Re: The Rolling Stones new blues album "Blue & Lonesome" due out Dec 2
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 24, 2016 15:46

DandelionPowderman
shortfatfanny
No love for Plundered my soul,DP ?
I'd like to add this,Bitch and CYHMK from SF deluxe...

Never really liked it, but I'm Not Signifying is awesome.

Yes,it is.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 24, 2016 16:49

HMS
There are about 20-25 first-rate songs from 1986-2016. Not bad considering that only a handful of albums were released.

No doubt the Blues-album will be very good but they´ve done quite a few good things in the past 30 years too. We shouldn´t praise the Blues-album in an unreasonable way, like it was done with Crosseyed Heart.

The only unreasonable praise around here is the idiotic praise for DIRTY WORK. CROSSEYED HEART is excellent.

Re: New blue Stones tongue logo for Blues album
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 24, 2016 17:16

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 24, 2016 17:40

First Rate songs from 1986-2012 are few. To hold them in league with pre-1986 is a whole different level of what 'first rate' means. What from 1986-2012 could hold up to the legacy level of their songwriting from pre-1983 that fits in with great album tracks like Monkey Man and Rocks Off etc? Only a few come to mind:

Almost Hear You Sigh
Love Is Strong
Flip The Switch
How Can I Stop
Laugh, I Nearly Died

There may be a couple of others - Plundered My Soul, I'm Not Signifying (what I consider their best blues ever) and No Spare Parts (or even Do You Think I Really Care) could fit in there - but pretty much everything else is second tier quality songwriting and producing, which is still decent but it's not great ie first rate.

BLUE AND LONESOME will not wipe the slate clean but it will certainly help in terms of what they've done regarding the quality of it. Getting back to basics? They never stopped doing basics, they just didn't do much of it.

1 minute of Hate To See You Go
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 21, 2016 18:32

Not much words needed here, hehehe. I LOVE it! smiling bouncing smiley

What a band!

It's not on YouTube, so I'm not sure how to embed here, so here's just the link:

Twitter

Re: 1 minute of Hate To See You Go
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 21, 2016 18:37

Ooooh yeah!!

Thanks for posting.

Date: October 21, 2016 18:42

The whole song and the snippet are in this thread: [iorr.org]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 21, 2016 19:21

smileys with beer

Date: October 21, 2016 21:42

DandelionPowderman

Whaaah - I knew it. SORRY! Maybe, I was too excited? grinning smiley

Date: October 21, 2016 21:42

smileys with beer

Date: October 21, 2016 22:01

DandelionPowderman
smileys with beer

I guess I found it - it's from Stones Planet Brazil, right?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: October 21, 2016 22:12

waterrats
DandelionPowderman

I can't find the whole song. Please the link..

Date: October 21, 2016 22:16

DoomandGloom
waterrats
DandelionPowderman

Ok, here we go:

1) Our friend at stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.de have it offering at SoundCloud - it's 9 times the single, leaves you with 9 repeats of that trance blues stopping in at 27:56 - I would easily have accepted, had it been a session of the same length.

2) At dailymotion.com, you have the 3:25 single - one time only...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-21 22:17 by waterrats.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: October 21, 2016 22:26

Got it now, sorry I was stumblin' and tumblin'... Yes it sounds really great, I have some questions about the authenticity of the overall distortion employed but will wait till I hear a clean copy,

Date: October 21, 2016 23:11

DoomandGloom
waterrats
DandelionPowderman

Check Irix's post in that thread. It's a download.

BTW, the song was released on Spotify today.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 21, 2016 23:12

Back on the track I left yesterday. HATE TO SEE YOU GO!
Thanks everybody!
smileys with beer
Gonna play it again!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 21, 2016 23:16

DandelionPowderman
DoomandGloom
waterrats
DandelionPowderman

Check Irix's post in that thread. It's a download.

BTW, the song was released on Spotify today.

I am afraid nobody will buy it. Why should I? We are listening to it now.

Will buy the DELUXE CD with the 64 booklet ofcourse and make a lot of propraganda for the new BLUES album.

LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 22, 2016 01:45

DoomandGloom

From the BBC2 Web-Radio: [iorr.org] .

It's also released as Digital Download on: iTunes , Amazon, Google Play.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 22, 2016 03:02

Very Tasty!!!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: October 22, 2016 07:18

Love you GUYS! Beautiful. Damn, something is right in this world!!!

Date: October 22, 2016 11:41

So Glad the Stones did this. This is absolutely IMO the best sound and material at this point in their career. Jagger sounds much more involved; genuine. The distortion from the harp mike is great. And this is what Keith seems to be wanting to play. I see the guitars he favors nowadays; I listen to 'Crosseyed Heart', and it makes sense.
I said it to myself several times for the last years: as always, they will find a way to completely surprise us, and once again blow us away.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 22, 2016 11:52

Looks like Keith got the best out of Mick on this one.
Keiths been banging on about Mick being a great Harmonica player forever, now we get to hear it again after all this time, this is Keiths band now and it really shows.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: October 22, 2016 21:23

Some time ago now I saw Levon Helm and his band at a small club east of Sacramento. They did a version of Wang Dang Doodle that knocked my socks off. How many version of that song have you heard and by how many bands? Why was this one a revelation? Levon got the tempo just right. It made me realize why the blues/boogie numbers like this back in the day were so popular with kids and so dangerous to parents. The grooves were just so damn sexy, not too fast, just right.

There is much I like about this song, Jagger's vocals and what they did with them. He can play as much harmonica as he likes as far as I'm concerned. But for me the tempo is off and the relentless guitar riff overpowers the song. This song should be sexy, but isn't. It is a miss, but an honest miss. I am encouraged and want to hear more of this album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 01:26 by pmk251.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 22, 2016 22:02

Excellent...this is what the Stones should sound like. THis album should have been done years ago. Looking forward to hearing the rest of it....and thank christ, we haven't had to endure another pile of dog shit like ABB!

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: October 23, 2016 04:40

Soundwise, this song reminds me of the way the Stones would choreograph themselves on stage in more recent tours -- Mick way up front, with voice and harmonica/harp taking up most of the sonic spectrum, the two little guitarists in back and off to either side, and Charlie way in back with the mechanical mid-tempo, though with the bass drum having more effect than his usually insistent snare... and Darryl all but invisible off to the side somewhere.

Someone said in some interview that there was a piano player or keyboardist. If so, it's even harder to detect than the bass.

And I'm stunned at Keith's lack of rhythmic presence on this track. It's so low in the mix as to be virtually transparent. You can hear a fatter rhythm guitar sound on a Donna Summer disco record.

Maybe the blues album wasn't such a good idea after all. Because when they go back to the beginning of their beginnings, you tend to realize just how much has changed with their core sound now that Stu and Bill, who worked so well with Charlie, are no longer around.

Does Charlie still follow Keith, now that Keith is no longer defining the sound of the band with his signature rhythm riffage, or does everyone now just follow the leader (Mick) instead?

I think after this album comes out, I'll still be listening to Newest Hitmakers, 12X5, and Now! a whole lot more than Blue and Lonesome.

Below, Mick Jagger and His Rolling Stones, 2013.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 23, 2016 04:59

Do the hip shake, babe.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 23, 2016 10:52

stone66
Soundwise, this song reminds me of the way the Stones would choreograph themselves on stage in more recent tours -- Mick way up front, with voice and harmonica/harp taking up most of the sonic spectrum, the two little guitarists in back and off to either side, and Charlie way in back with the mechanical mid-tempo, though with the bass drum having more effect than his usually insistent snare... and Darryl all but invisible off to the side somewhere.

Someone said in some interview that there was a piano player or keyboardist. If so, it's even harder to detect than the bass.

And I'm stunned at Keith's lack of rhythmic presence on this track. It's so low in the mix as to be virtually transparent. You can hear a fatter rhythm guitar sound on a Donna Summer disco record.

Maybe the blues album wasn't such a good idea after all. Because when they go back to the beginning of their beginnings, you tend to realize just how much has changed with their core sound now that Stu and Bill, who worked so well with Charlie, are no longer around.

Does Charlie still follow Keith, now that Keith is no longer defining the sound of the band with his signature rhythm riffage, or does everyone now just follow the leader (Mick) instead?

I think after this album comes out, I'll still be listening to Newest Hitmakers, 12X5, and Now! a whole lot more than Blue and Lonesome.

thumbs up

Date: October 23, 2016 11:57

stone66

You heard Just Your Fool, I presume?

On that one Ronnie is inaudible..

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 23, 2016 14:24

Well ...
Mick is indeed way way too upfront
but it's good to hear him sounding so relaxed in his voice,
and without analyzing too much the overall sound is cool. I'll take it.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 23, 2016 14:33

DandelionPowderman

You heard Just Your Fool, I presume?

On that one Ronnie is inaudible..

Really ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home