Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Desert Trip CA USA 2016 show and travel info
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 3, 2016 00:09

That's strange Tim- link works for me. It's the same link that was posted on the other 'Coachella' thread by Woz, but here it is again: Desert Trip Shuttle

And crholmstrom, truth be told between you and me, I'll be at Desert Trip mainly because of Neil Young and Roger Waters. The Stones will be nice, but....
Have seen all the bands several times over the years (some of them many times), and if I had to narrow it down to the two that I really want to see again it would be Neil and Roger.

Regarding the Stones in Vegas, WAY too expensive for any show and I also declined buying any tickets.
My wife and I will be in Vegas over the weekend for her birthday (Oct 20-24), so if there's any massive ticket price drops, I might make an effort to be at the show.
Otherwise, been there done that, it's only rock'n'roll, life goes on...

edit: Tim - Go to this page on official site Desert Trip Travel and scroll down to where it says "See our Interactive Shuttle Map" and click on that...it's the same link as above.
Also, here is a list of all the shuttle stops >Shuttle:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-03 00:18 by Hairball.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 3, 2016 00:10

crholmstrom
Roger Waters setlist (from setlist.fm) from yesterday's free concert in Mexico City. Looks like old misery guts is giving a pretty good show although I wish he would play some of Amused to Death. Such a great record.

Speak to Me
Breathe
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
One of These Days
Time
Breathe (Reprise)
The Great Gig in the Sky
Money
Us and Them
Fearless
Intermission
(You'll Never Walk Alone)
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Welcome to the Machine
Have a Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Intermission
(Sirens intro; Battersea Power… more )
Pigs on the Wing 1
Pigs on the Wing 2
Dogs
Pigs (Three Different Ones)
The Happiest Days of Our Lives
Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
Mother
Run Like Hell
Brain Damage
Eclipse
Encore:
Comfortably Numb

Wow what a great setlist! Thanks for posting - should be a epic closer for each
weekend!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 3, 2016 03:42

Does it make sense that the Stones are reportedly, opening for Dylan? I really think he could be playing to a half empty venue after the Stones.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: October 3, 2016 04:57

Dylan comes on before the Stones.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 3, 2016 10:33

Hairball
That's strange Tim- link works for me. It's the same link that was posted on the other 'Coachella' thread by Woz, but here it is again: Desert Trip Shuttle

And crholmstrom, truth be told between you and me, I'll be at Desert Trip mainly because of Neil Young and Roger Waters. The Stones will be nice, but....
Have seen all the bands several times over the years (some of them many times), and if I had to narrow it down to the two that I really want to see again it would be Neil and Roger.

Regarding the Stones in Vegas, WAY too expensive for any show and I also declined buying any tickets.
My wife and I will be in Vegas over the weekend for her birthday (Oct 20-24), so if there's any massive ticket price drops, I might make an effort to be at the show.

edit: Tim - Go to this page on official site Desert Trip Travel and scroll down to where it says "See our Interactive Shuttle Map" and click on that...it's the same link as above.

Hairball, if you haven't seen Neil with POTR backing him up, you are in for a treat. I saw them a year ago & they totally blew me away. I've seen Neil many, many times (with the Horse & without) & I have to admit I would rather see him with POTR than the Horse at this point. The setlists are wide open & the band is phenomenal. They are like a fountain of youth for Neil. I've got a lot of shows they've done on tape & they are epic. There is a compilation from the recent European tour floating around with about 80 songs on it. At least 1 version of every song performed on the tour. Also, if a song was performed say acoustic & electric, you get both. Worth hunting down. Have a good time! BTW, I just saw Drive-by Truckers on Thursday & they were stunning. Think their new cd is album of the year material. Think you would like it.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 3, 2016 13:17

crholmstrom
Hairball

Hairball, if you haven't seen Neil with POTR backing him up, you are in for a treat. I saw them a year ago & they totally blew me away. I've seen Neil many, many times (with the Horse & without) & I have to admit I would rather see him with POTR than the Horse at this point. The setlists are wide open & the band is phenomenal. They are like a fountain of youth for Neil. I've got a lot of shows they've done on tape & they are epic. There is a compilation from the recent European tour floating around with about 80 songs on it. At least 1 version of every song performed on the tour. Also, if a song was performed say acoustic & electric, you get both. Worth hunting down. Have a good time! BTW, I just saw Drive-by Truckers on Thursday & they were stunning. Think their new cd is album of the year material. Think you would like it.

subscribe each and every word about ny & potr, saw last summer, phenomenal

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 3, 2016 17:08

DeanGoodman
Best bet? (via [deserttrip.com])

Many attendees bike to the show. There are numerous locations in the Coachella Valley to rent bicycles. Click here for some suggestions. Find the bike rack self-parking lots on the show map. Park at your own risk. Do not lock your bike against an opening/closing of a fenced area or it will be considered permanently surrendered and disposed of.

Will you be at the first weekend Dean?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 3, 2016 17:18

^ Not sure. Got the hotel, not the ticket.

Date: October 3, 2016 19:08

We need some pictures from the Desert Trip Site would like to see the Stage / Grand Stand set up

Date: October 3, 2016 19:40

crholmstrom
Hairball

Yes crholmstrom, I saw Neil and POTR at the L.A. Forum last October great show - GA floor and about five people back from stage (see Neil Young thread for my pics and review of that phenomenal show! winking smiley )
And yes I've also seen Neil many, many times ...with and without Crazy Horse, as well as with CSNY, and just about any configuration there's ever been since the Rusted Out Garage Tour w/Crazy Horse in '86 which was my first show. While last years show ranks up with the very best of all of them, there have been a few in the past with Crazy Horse that surpass it. The last time I saw that lineup was at the Hollywood Bowl in 2012, and it was a doozy! (See review) But since Crazy Horse is not really a properly functioning unit anymore since original bassist Billy Talbot suffered his debilitating stroke in 2014 (forcing him to quit Neils tour at the time)- I also would rather see Neil with Promise of the Real at this point! They make for a great backing band, and I know they've kept getting better and better since I saw them last year (I did watch see some of the recent Farm Aid set live on youtube, and it was indeed great). As for Neil Young live bootlegs, I have crates of them !thumbs up

The countdown is on for Desert Trip, and the anticipation and excitement is at an all time high.... smiling smiley
I read somewhere it might be broadcast LIVE on youtube, but at the very least there will be many people periscoping it.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 3, 2016 22:57

The Plan for an IORR Get-Together:

A few of us are planning to get together on Friday at about 4 inside the grounds of Desert Trip. We want a little time to scope things out at first and this is why we will not meet at a pub on that day. Get the lay of the land. There will be many food and beer vendors available.

Once inside, we can figure out a place to gather and can be in cellular/mobile contact with each other to facilitate this.

If this sounds good to you, please send me your cell phone numbers to tim_bernardis@hotmail.com. I will plan on calling everybody at about 4.

We can then plan to also get together on Saturday or Sunday at a nearby pub if this is desirable. The Beer Hunter is about two miles/ten minutes away so this may work well.

plexi

Date: October 4, 2016 00:33

Sounds good to me - email sent! thumbs up

edit: Received Desert Trip email today with a bunch of links along with festival map:

The lay of the land...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-04 00:52 by Hairball.

Posted by: rich-wdc ()
Date: October 4, 2016 01:23

Being that this thread is the sticky and most accessible and at the forefront -- I hope it's possible that reports of Weekend One of DTrip can be about the setup, infrastructure, ins-and-outs..... all that stuff, but NOT setlists or super details about the show, for any artist. As a Weekend Two goer, I look for surprises on that.
If that is deemed impossible, is there another thread that'll be more conducive to those who want deets on navigating the event but no spoilers?

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 4, 2016 01:59

I didn't really read all the pages surrounding this event here, so I take it there is no PPV for this coming weekend? Maybe streaming on Youtube? Considering all of the money people are paying to see these gigs, there is a MASSIVE audience that would be happy to pay to watch at home.

For those that are going to be there. Have some fun!

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: October 4, 2016 03:43

Sounds good to me too, sent you my cell number!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 4, 2016 17:16

filstan
I didn't really read all the pages surrounding this event here, so I take it there is no PPV for this coming weekend? Maybe streaming on Youtube? Considering all of the money people are paying to see these gigs, there is a MASSIVE audience that would be happy to pay to watch at home.

For those that are going to be there. Have some fun!

PPV would have made tickets to both weekends even harder to sell, and I'm certain they wouldn't want to televise a bunch of empty seats..

Periscope is going to be the way to watch this from home...

Posted by: stabilo ()
Date: October 4, 2016 22:31

Hi all am coming over from the uk for the 2nd weekend leaving on the 13th i have my shuttle passes but still dont have my wristbands am starting to get a tad worried anybody else in the same situation?
cheers stephen

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: October 5, 2016 00:11

Hello there, I have two tickets for Desert Trip weekend #2, and I just found out that I cannot go. There are two tickets, reserved grandstand, section S5, Row A. The tickets also include a platinum parking pass. I think seats are actually in a really good location, and the grandstand section. I would be willing to sell these at my cost so if anyone is interested please feel free to email me at:

Dwbickel2@statlab.com

Date: October 5, 2016 01:53

Mid nineties for highs and upper sixties for lows...
Little cooler on weekend 2 (!)... and much cooler than the typical Coachella!

Indio, CA Weather
3:25 pm PDT Print
10 Day Forecast
DAY DESCRIPTION HIGH/LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET
TONIGHT

OCT 7
Sunny
95° 65° 0% NE 7 mph 12% 7 of 10 6:44 am 6:20 pm 12:27 pm 11:03 pm
SAT

OCT 8
Sunny
96° 67° 0% NNE 6 mph 13% 7 of 10 6:45 am 6:19 pm 1:15 pm 11:54 pm
SUN

OCT 9
Mostly Sunny
96° 68° 0% ESE 7 mph 27% 7 of 10 6:45 am 6:17 pm 2:02 pm --
MON

OCT 10
Mostly Sunny
94° 69° 0% SW 7 mph 31% 6 of 10 6:46 am 6:16 pm 2:47 pm 12:49 am
TUE

OCT 11
Sunny
93° 68° 0% WNW 6 mph 29% 6 of 10 6:47 am 6:15 pm 3:30 pm 1:47 am
WED

OCT 12
Sunny
95° 68° 0% NW 6 mph 22% 6 of 10 6:48 am 6:14 pm 4:11 pm 2:49 am
THU

OCT 13
Sunny
97° 68° 0% NNW 5 mph 21% 6 of 10 6:48 am 6:12 pm 4:52 pm 3:53 am
FRI

OCT 14
Sunny
96° 70° 0% NNE 8 mph 21% 6 of 10 6:49 am 6:11 pm 5:32 pm 4:59 am
SAT

OCT 15
Sunny
95° 68° 0% NNW 6 mph 22% 6 of 10 6:50 am 6:10 pm 6:14 pm 6:08 am
SUN

OCT 16
Sunny
92° 65° 0% N 5 mph 23% 6 of 10 6:51 am 6:09 pm

Date: October 5, 2016 02:52

Separate maps posted on Desert Trip site - Directions, Parking, Venue, Seating, Camping.

MAPS

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 5, 2016 03:48

Food and beverage
[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 5, 2016 05:08

stabilo
Hi all am coming over from the uk for the 2nd weekend leaving on the 13th i have my shuttle passes but still dont have my wristbands am starting to get a tad worried anybody else in the same situation?
cheers stephen

Yes, I'd be getting a tad worried, too. When I called DT about mine showing no progress for over a week on the tracking site, they told me to hang on, and if they didn't arrive, I'd need to pick up new wristbands at the venue ticket office. I assume you'd need something that showed they didn't arrive. Mine did make it.

Date: October 5, 2016 05:09

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 5, 2016 05:47

I am going to weekend 2. I am looking to hear from weekend 1 folks how long it takes to get from I-10 to the venue parking. The Desert Trip info says to allow 8 hours door to door from LA to Coachella which is understandable since Friday traffic in Socal is terrible. I will probably not get to Coachella until around 4 and others may also not be able to get there early on Friday. So I will be interested to hear how long it takes to get from I-10 and through the police checkpoint and into the venue parking. Thanks in advance!

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: October 5, 2016 06:12

I would try text messaging as a way to contact everyone. The cell towers may be jammed up with all the people attending the show. A text has better odds of getting thru.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 5, 2016 09:20

Harpo
I would try text messaging as a way to contact everyone. The cell towers may be jammed up with all the people attending the show. A text has better odds of getting thru.

I assume your advice was for me. I will try to call first and then if that fails, will text people, again around 4.

plexi

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 5, 2016 17:42

timbernardis
The Plan for an IORR Get-Together:

A few of us are planning to get together on Friday at about 4 inside the grounds of Desert Trip. We want a little time to scope things out at first and this is why we will not meet at a pub on that day. Get the lay of the land. There will be many food and beer vendors available.

Once inside, we can figure out a place to gather and can be in cellular/mobile contact with each other to facilitate this.

If this sounds good to you, please send me your cell phone numbers to tim_bernardis@hotmail.com. I will plan on calling everybody at about 4.

We can then plan to also get together on Saturday or Sunday at a nearby pub if this is desirable. The Beer Hunter is about two miles/ten minutes away so this may work well.

plexi

See you there Plexi! Frank will not make it - he's saving himself for Vegas!!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: October 5, 2016 18:29

days to go......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-05 21:40 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 5, 2016 18:50

I would suggest that we have an IORR gathering at the Photo Experience.

[deserttrip.com]

A one-of-a-kind, 36,000 square foot exhibit with over 200 classic and rarely seen images from rock's glorious heyday. Featuring the work of over a dozen of the biggest names in rock & roll photography.

It's an air conditioned tent with a bar. What could go wrong? smiling smiley

Date: October 5, 2016 19:10

I like that idea Woz! thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home