Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Track Talk: 2000 Man (New)
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 20, 2016 16:58

GasLightStreet
HMS
Average tune, imo.
Kiss did a better version on their Dynasty-album in 1979. Back in 1980 I´ve stolen Dynasty on cassette at the local record shop and it was the first time I´ve heard that song. Didn´t get to know the original until the mid-80s. There are songs more interesting on TSMR.

Your opinion is not valid, especially the one that thinks that Kiss "did a better version".

No one does the Stones better than the Stones...especially not KISS.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 20, 2016 17:00

HonkeyTonkFlash
GasLightStreet
HMS
Average tune, imo.
Kiss did a better version on their Dynasty-album in 1979. Back in 1980 I´ve stolen Dynasty on cassette at the local record shop and it was the first time I´ve heard that song. Didn´t get to know the original until the mid-80s. There are songs more interesting on TSMR.

Your opinion is not valid, especially the one that thinks that Kiss "did a better version".

No one does the Stones better than the Stones...especially not KISS.

Someone that can not tell who the bass player is in the Stones nor what the instrument even is says that Kiss does a better version of 2000 Man than the Stones.

As you just read, that is not possible since that someone clearly can not discern instruments yet alone quality and talent and, as this one closes the garbage can even tighter on, taste.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 20, 2016 18:11

I enjoy Kiss´ version a lot more than the original. So what?
The best version of any song is the one I like most. So Kiss did a "better" version of it. That opinion is no sacrilege.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 20, 2016 18:16

Your opinion is baseless: it's your opinion.

The musical aspects of the Stones' version is the sun where as Kiss' version is Pluto.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 20, 2016 23:59

OH DEAR .... Kiss turn it inta a sing along FM rock song ...
................ Doubt the Stones will ever cover a Kiss track

ROCKMAN

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 21, 2016 02:55

The Kiss and related covers are shit. Completely devoid of the freak, magic and wonder of the original.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: September 21, 2016 03:07

I like the kiss version better as well

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: September 21, 2016 04:21

As do I, the unplugged version is surprisingly good, and I'm no KISS fan.

Date: September 21, 2016 06:08

The sin bin for you two! eye popping smiley

Date: September 21, 2016 09:57

The Kiss-version is a good, straight rock-take on it, but the original is so much more! All the nuances and exciting stuff were gone, although I like Ace's voice and attitude on it.

The Stones's 2000 Man is like a freaky train coming your way, again and again, to pick you up. Kiss just played it as good as they could. Main difference, imo.

Posted by: Christian ()
Date: September 21, 2016 10:04

here's a tuto that seems correct
video: [youtu.be]

Date: September 21, 2016 11:20

I don't think I've ever heard a Stones cover that I liked more than the Stones own version. But hey - the Stones are my favorite band so of course I'll like their versions best. drinking smiley

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 21, 2016 11:34

HonkeyTonkFlash
I don't think I've ever heard a Stones cover that I liked more than the Stones own version. But hey - the Stones are my favorite band so of course I'll like their versions best. drinking smiley

I mostly agree with you (and obviously, certainly not a cover by a joke-band like KISS; what's next, Cheap Trick?), but if there's one great cover of a Stones song I really love, it's this one by Muddy Waters:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 21, 2016 12:30

DandelionPowderman
The Kiss-version is a good, straight rock-take on it

That´s exactly why I prefer the Kiss-version.

Date: September 21, 2016 12:36

matxil
HonkeyTonkFlash

I mostly agree with you (and obviously, certainly not a cover by a joke-band like KISS; what's next, Cheap Trick?), but if there's one great cover of a Stones song I really love, it's this one by Muddy Waters:

[www.youtube.com]

One of the weirdest covers ever (but I like it)..

Date: September 21, 2016 12:39

There are 117 RS covers on this YouTube playlist smiling smiley [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-21 12:39 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 21, 2016 12:40

I hadn't heard this one before. Brilliant!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 21, 2016 12:47

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 21, 2016 13:39

Beautiful track. Laying groundwork. I love the Rolling Stones

Date: September 21, 2016 13:47

DandelionPowderman
I hadn't heard this one before. Brilliant!

[www.youtube.com]

Wow, yeah! Little Richard's voice is fantastic on this one!

Date: September 21, 2016 13:49

DandelionPowderman
There are 117 RS covers on this YouTube playlist smiling smiley [www.youtube.com]

Wow, thanks, this will help me through the day. Some are pretty bad, but fun to listen to (e.g. Johnny Cash with No Expectations)

Date: September 21, 2016 14:28

matxil
DandelionPowderman

Wow, thanks, this will help me through the day. Some are pretty bad, but fun to listen to (e.g. Johnny Cash with No Expectations)

The Ramones's take on Out Of Time was funny as well smiling smiley

Date: September 22, 2016 04:45

DandelionPowderman
The Kiss-version is a good, straight rock-take on it, but the original is so much more! All the nuances and exciting stuff were gone, although I like Ace's voice and attitude on it.

The Stones's 2000 Man is like a freaky train coming your way, again and again, to pick you up. Kiss just played it as good as they could. Main difference, imo.

Yellow card. Anymore trouble and yer off! grinning smiley

Date: September 22, 2016 08:41

His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

Yellow card. Anymore trouble and yer off! grinning smiley

I'm living on the edge? winking smiley

Date: September 22, 2016 12:28

DandelionPowderman

There's the difference between a band like The Rolling Stones and a band like KISS - nuance. KISS is a decent hard rock band, good at straight ahead party rock. I have KISS Alive in my "favorites" playlist. So much more than just a rock band, the Stones are artists....masters of nuance and expression....There is a world of difference.

Date: September 22, 2016 12:35

HonkeyTonkFlash
DandelionPowderman

There's the difference between a band like The Rolling Stones and a band like KISS - nuance. KISS is a decent hard rock band, good at straight ahead party rock. I have KISS Alive in my "favorites" playlist. So much more than just a rock band, the Stones are artists....masters of nuance and expression....There is a world of difference.

The Stones had a more profound relationship with blues, rhythm & blues, soul and 50s rock. That shines through in how they approach music in general.

The next generation rock bands probably had the same relationship to the Stones's music, hence something important got lost along the way.

Just my two cents smiling smiley

Date: September 22, 2016 12:44

DandelionPowderman
HonkeyTonkFlash
DandelionPowderman

The Stones had a more profound relationship with blues, rhythm & blues, soul and 50s rock. That shines through in how they approach music in general.

The next generation rock bands probably had the same relationship to the Stones's music, hence something important got lost along the way.

Keith was right in saying things like, if you want to play any kind of rock or popular music, you need to go back get into the blues first. Makes sense as Blues music is very simple. How many blues songs have the exact same chord pattern? But what makes each song unique is the feeling and emotion that comes across. I find that a lot of basic hard rock bands like KISS never quite learned how to convey emotions in their music. Keith was right.

Date: September 22, 2016 15:40

DandelionPowderman

I'm living on the edge? winking smiley

grinning smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 22, 2016 16:40

HonkeyTonkFlash
DandelionPowderman
HonkeyTonkFlash
DandelionPowderman

Keith was right in saying things like, if you want to play any kind of rock or popular music, you need to go back get into the blues first. Makes sense as Blues music is very simple. How many blues songs have the exact same chord pattern? But what makes each song unique is the feeling and emotion that comes across. I find that a lot of basic hard rock bands like KISS never quite learned how to convey emotions in their music. Keith was right.

Makes sense as Blues music is very simple. How many blues songs have the exact same chord pattern?

it seems simple...

but have a listen to Jimmy Reed's playing, or Elizabeth Cotten's fingerpicking..

its not as simple as it seems..but the musical form is a simple one, like most folk styles...thats true.

Date: September 22, 2016 18:28

duke richardson
HonkeyTonkFlash
DandelionPowderman
HonkeyTonkFlash
DandelionPowderman

Makes sense as Blues music is very simple. How many blues songs have the exact same chord pattern?

it seems simple...

but have a listen to Jimmy Reed's playing, or Elizabeth Cotten's fingerpicking..

its not as simple as it seems..but the musical form is a simple one, like most folk styles...thats true.

I meant that blues is very simple in terms of the chord patterns it's based on. Obviously, when a master musician is soloing over a simple blues pattern, what he's playing can be quite complex. I should have clarified that I was just referring to blues chord patterns, which - despite -several variations - are often quite similar.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home