Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12
Re: Rolling Stones LA Rehearsals - September 2016
Date: September 19, 2016 15:02

frankotero
I love all of Keef's songs, even The Worst. And I don't like country music. I would be happy with anything he plays in his mini set.

I bet you manage to suffer through side B on Exile, Frank? winking smiley

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: September 19, 2016 17:42

they need to stop BS, SFTD, TD, JJF and especially Piss You

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 19, 2016 18:35

TooTough
No solo songs at Stones shows. Never ever.

At the Milwaukee June 8.1975 show, they played Sure The One You Need winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 19, 2016 18:59

DandeliionPowderman
I bet you manage to suffer through side B on Exile, Frank?

Ha-ha, good one. Actually there are a few live version/moments when I can manage to enjoy songs like Dead Flowers and Sweet Virginia, classics to many/most Stones Fans I know. Suppose this is the reason why Exile is not my favorite record. Blasphemy! Might as well come clean while I'm at it and say I can't stand that Irene song on Crosseyed Heart. Everything else I at least like or love.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 19, 2016 19:56

@frankotero: I also don´t like Irene and Exile is only their 6th-best album.

@Stones50: It is impossible to stop BS & JJF.

@Rolling Stones: Please rehearse some tracks from Undercover and Dirty Work. Audiences will be blown away.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 19, 2016 20:19

Honestman
TooTough
No solo songs at Stones shows. Never ever.

At the Milwaukee June 8.1975 show, they played Sure The One You Need winking smiley

@#$%&! >grinning smiley<
I meant it in the context "for me nowadays"! cool smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 19, 2016 20:54

HMS
@Rolling Stones: Please rehearse some tracks from Undercover and Dirty Work. Audiences will be blown away.

Literally. And I fear they won't ever come back.

Date: September 19, 2016 21:56

yes .....dig deep Mick

REMEMBER BATTLE OF THE BANDS AT DESERT TRIP!

And Neil and Paul play a lot of songs for a long time

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: September 20, 2016 03:01

They cannot do a desert show in California without including Sweet Virginia, surely.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 20, 2016 03:37

Isn't Zuma Beach in CA >grinning smiley<

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 20, 2016 03:52

Stones would do best to avoid anything post-TATTOO YOU until BRIDGES... unless they unleash some attitude with something else from UNDERCOVER, like Tie You Up or All The Way Down; there's no reason at all to do anything from 1983-1994.

Some other tracks from EXILE, SOUP and BLACK AND BLUE would be great.

But seeing they've got no reissues to "promote" maybe they'll do some older tunes like Mother's Little Helper, 19th and maybe HYSYMBSITShadows just to throw a wrench in the warhorses.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 20, 2016 09:59

GasLightStreet
But seeing they've got no reissues to "promote" maybe they'll do some older tunes like Mother's Little Helper, 19th and maybe HYSYMBSITShadows just to throw a wrench in the warhorses.

Mother's Little Helper would work live

19th nervous breakdown could work live but I was not convinced of the newer slow live versions

HYSYMBSITShadows would not work live, they know that and will not play it

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 20, 2016 11:19

I vaguely remember there once was a thread were we could propose "songs never played live before" that we would like to see live. I'm also not at all sure whether the Stones read this forum or even care what some die-hard fans might want or not want. The great majority of their audience is happy with BS, JJF, Miss You etc.
Anyway, I wouldn't mind at all if they did some songs they never did live before, like "I Am Waiting", "Citadel", "Parachute Woman", "Slave", "Heaven", "Tie You Up", "Jiving Sister Fanny", all songs which I think could work very well live. Indeed, from the last 30 years, I can't think of much that I'd like them to do and which they haven't done already.

Date: September 20, 2016 11:38

matxil
I vaguely remember there once was a thread were we could propose "songs never played live before" that we would like to see live. I'm also not at all sure whether the Stones read this forum or even care what some die-hard fans might want or not want. The great majority of their audience is happy with BS, JJF, Miss You etc.
Anyway, I wouldn't mind at all if they did some songs they never did live before, like "I Am Waiting", "Citadel", "Parachute Woman", "Slave", "Heaven", "Tie You Up", "Jiving Sister Fanny", all songs which I think could work very well live. Indeed, from the last 30 years, I can't think of much that I'd like them to do and which they haven't done already.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 20, 2016 13:24

HMS
@frankotero: I also don´t like Irene and Exile is only their 6th-best album.

@Stones50: It is impossible to stop BS & JJF.

right into the beer /bathroom lines

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 20, 2016 13:31

DandelionPowderman
matxil

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Wow, didn't know these! Thanks for posting. In any case, it proves my point that it works very well live.
You wouldn't have some well hidden live-version of Heaven by any chance, would you? smiling smiley

Date: September 20, 2016 13:35

The circus-version is marvelous.

Date: September 20, 2016 13:41

<You wouldn't have some well hidden live-version of Heaven by any chance, would you? smiling smiley >

Ha ha grinning smiley

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 20, 2016 13:47

matxil

I'm afraid they will never do any of those songs because most of the audience would not know them. Us diehards would be thrilled, though.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 21, 2016 16:10

Eyewitness on ground (Gaff @ SHIDOOBEE) has confirmed rehearsals started yesterday in N Hollywood..

!!!!

Date: September 21, 2016 16:22

All I can say is yes, let it roll! Always nice to hear about Stones live activitysmiling smiley

Date: September 21, 2016 16:22

Yay! Thanks smileys with beer

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 21, 2016 17:23

Ah....I still get a rush just knowing my favorite band is actively working!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 21, 2016 17:42

saltoftheearth
GasLightStreet

Mother's Little Helper would work live

19th nervous breakdown could work live but I was not convinced of the newer slow live versions

HYSYMBSITShadows would not work live, they know that and will not play it

Don't you think Ronnie would nail the WAAWWWW WAWWWWAHHHWAAHHHH WAHHHHWWWWWW guitar lines? It would be interesting at least once. It was fantastic that they pulled out I Wanna Be Your Man.

That 19th Nervous Breakdown from the 1997 Chicago Double Door show was a bit... off. Mother's Little Helper would possibly work quite well.

Date: September 21, 2016 18:44

I think I Wanna Be Your Man was horrible in 2012 especially Mick´s vocals were cringeworthy to my ears. Totally off-key and weird. The first thing I thought was "OmG, they´re done". Fortunately they stopped doing that song. I guess it wasn´t properly rehearsed too.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 21, 2016 18:52

I thought it was a great show of respect - giving thanks and praise to their brethren who had gifted them the tune all those years ago.
Wish they would have kept it in the setlist!

Date: September 21, 2016 19:27

I'm with Hairball. Very grateful I had a chance to hear it at the O2.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 21, 2016 20:53

I liked it very much when they did I Wanna be your man .A lot of history with that song .Really loved Jagger's singing on this (was there at barclay's arena 12/8/12 )

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 21, 2016 20:57

TheGreek
I liked it very much when they did I Wanna be your man .A lot of history with that song .Really loved Jagger's singing on this (was there at barclay's arena 12/8/12 )
I was at that one as well.. Loved that!

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 21, 2016 21:21

I suspect it takes a lot of effort for them to rehearse things they haven't played in ages, let alone tunes they have never done live. If they were embarking on a major tour, I might expect them to dig something up, but for Vegas and CA, 11 years since the last album, I don't imagine their sets will include any surprises at all. I suspect it will be a standard slog through the hits, unless they pull out some of the blues numbers from the upcoming 2017 release, which I suppose is possible. It will still be fun to witness-- as every Stones show usually is, in my opinion-- but I wouldn't bank on any exciting deep cuts.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1661
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home