Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger's solo albums available on HDtracks and Qobuz (remastered and in hi-res)
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 3, 2016 16:37

[www.hdtracks.com]

All official Jagger's solo albums, from She's The Boss to The Best of Mick Jagger are now available on HDTracks in high resolution format (24bit) and newly remastered.

And also on Qobuz : [www.qobuz.com] (at possibly a better price...)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-09 14:01 by kowalski.

Re: Mick Jagger's solo albums available on HDtracks and Qobuz (remastered)
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 3, 2016 22:13

It's interesting to note that The Very Best of Mick Jagger has a different tracklist compared to the original (physical) release: Old Habits Die Hard, Memo From Turner, Dancing In The Streets and Don't Look Back are gone and are replaced with just one track, Evening Gown...not a good thing, I must say.

Date: September 4, 2016 03:21

alimente
It's interesting to note that The Very Best of Mick Jagger has a different tracklist compared to the original (physical) release: Old Habits Die Hard, Memo From Turner, Dancing In The Streets and Don't Look Back are gone and are replaced with just one track, Evening Gown...not a good thing, I must say.

Yes, I've noticed that too. Maybe some royalties issues.

Also I find strange that even older albums are offered only in 44.1kHz sampling rate. They were most likely recorded on analog tapes and theorically could be offered at a much higher sample rate (say 96kHz or even 192kHz)...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 5, 2016 18:03

And yet still no Rutheless People, I'm Ringing, Catch As Catch Can or Blue!

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: September 5, 2016 18:20

GasLightStreet
And yet still no Rutheless People, I'm Ringing, Catch As Catch Can or Blue!

Well, we all got those tracks somewhere else, true? grinning smiley
It´s a shame, that TOO MANY COOKS on "Best of" has such bad quality...

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 5, 2016 18:40

If royalty issues prevented Ruthless People from appearing on Best Of, then they should have been paying for it. No Best Of without Ruthless People. I´m Ringing is way better than a lot of tracks that found it´s way on Best Of... Blue should be on it too, Catch As Catch Can is no good.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 5, 2016 18:45

alimente

Evening Gown was the closing track on the original release...

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 5, 2016 20:24

Blueranger
alimente

I love Evening Gown, but Party Doll is the far superior country track!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 5, 2016 20:36

LeonidP
Blueranger
alimente

Never ever. Just because of the bridge before the solo
in Evening Gown, the song is one of the best things he has ever written.

All my life I waited for
Someone who would show where the bliss is
All my life I waited for
Someone who would take me past the kissing

Date: September 6, 2016 18:11

LeonidP
Blueranger
alimente

Step away from the crack pipe. Wow.

Date: September 6, 2016 18:13

HMS
If royalty issues prevented Ruthless People from appearing on Best Of, then they should have been paying for it. No Best Of without Ruthless People. I´m Ringing is way better than a lot of tracks that found it´s way on Best Of... Blue should be on it too, Catch As Catch Can is no good.

Catch As Catch Can is one of Jagger's better solo tracks. If it had made the incredibly weak PRIMITIVE COOL and he had left off Let's Work, well, it would've been a yuge improvement.

Date: September 6, 2016 18:46

Even five minutes of silence instead of Let´s Work would have been an improvement... There are worse solo-tracks than Catch, but it´s still rather boring.

Date: September 6, 2016 18:51

A bit like you, then. Yeah, I get it.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 6, 2016 22:10

Howard Stern was playing "take it so hard" today and talking about what a great song it was and he even said "i'll bet Mick wishes he would've sang on this,it sounds like a Stones outtake"

i know we've said it a million times but there is a giant hole in the bands recording career.
it just kills me all those great songs on both of their solo discs that have been either overlooked because they didn't have the Rolling Stones name on them or just never reached their potential because the band didn't hammer them into something they could've been.

what a damn shame

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: September 6, 2016 22:18

Are Keiths first 2 records remastered ?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 6, 2016 23:53

lem motlow
Howard Stern was playing "take it so hard" today and talking about what a great song it was and he even said "i'll bet Mick wishes he would've sang on this,it sounds like a Stones outtake"

i know we've said it a million times but there is a giant hole in the bands recording career.
it just kills me all those great songs on both of their solo discs that have been either overlooked because they didn't have the Rolling Stones name on them or just never reached their potential because the band didn't hammer them into something they could've been.

what a damn shame

I agree, that would have been a great Mick vocal and killer stones track. Good as it is mind you.

Date: September 9, 2016 14:00

Actually the remastered best of sounds quite good. Better than the original CD.
The shorter track list makes it a easier listening experience too.

Date: September 9, 2016 16:29

GasLightStreet
LeonidP
Blueranger
alimente

It's actually one of the best Stones country efforts, brilliantly played ... not quite as good, but the live version is pretty cool too:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 9, 2016 16:33

BILLPERKS
Are Keiths first 2 records remastered ?

Don't know but TIC should be remixed demixed unmixed to wash the horrible 80's dated sound off the great music.
In other words TIC should be remixed to be given the same nice warm timeless no-frills sound that MO has! thumbs up

Date: September 9, 2016 17:21

LeonidP
GasLightStreet
LeonidP
Blueranger
alimente

It's actually one of the best Stones country efforts, brilliantly played ... not quite as good, but the live version is pretty cool too:

[www.youtube.com]

That's not the Stones. And it's really not very good. It is considering it's on his second solo album but what he did on his third makes Party Doll sound like Let's Work.

Date: September 9, 2016 19:03

GasLightStreet
LeonidP
GasLightStreet
LeonidP
Blueranger
alimente

[www.youtube.com]

That's not the Stones. And it's really not very good. It is considering it's on his second solo album but what he did on his third makes Party Doll sound like Let's Work.

... meaning it is just about as good a country track as the Stones have ever done. And again, the live version is a cool novelty, that's all, not nearly as good as the album track.

Re: Mick Jagger's solo albums available on HDtracks and Qobuz (remastered and in hi-res)
Date: September 9, 2016 19:05

Even the album track is no where near as good as the two on WANDERING SPIRIT or any Stones country songs. It's pure smarm. And yet somehow it's one of the few good tracks on PRIMITIVE COOL.

Re: Mick Jagger's solo albums available on HDtracks and Qobuz (remastered and in hi-res)
Date: September 9, 2016 19:08

GasLightStreet
Even the album track is no where near as good as the two on WANDERING SPIRIT or any Stones country songs. It's pure smarm. And yet somehow it's one of the few good tracks on PRIMITIVE COOL.

Well to each their own, it has the legendary Paddy Moloney's brilliant pipes which puts Party Doll near the top of any Stones country track ... if those don't move you, well not much i can say to that, your loss.

Date: September 9, 2016 19:34

It´s the pipes that turn Party Doll into schmaltz. The song has potential but is ruined by production and being somewhat too forced. Just like Hard Woman.

Date: September 9, 2016 19:41

LeonidP
GasLightStreet

Well to each their own, it has the legendary Paddy Moloney's brilliant pipes which puts Party Doll near the top of any Stones country track ... if those don't move you, well not much i can say to that, your loss.

You seem to be confusing legendary talent equaling a great result. One Hit has Jimmy Page on it - it still sucks. There are times when legendary talent can not fix bad.

My gain for not bothering with such a tepid song other than already suffering through it eons ago. I'll take other legendary guests, such as Sonny Rollins, making pretty damn good songs great.

Date: September 9, 2016 20:43

I bet more than 75% of all Stones-fans all over the world won´t agree with GLS´s opinion that One Hit "sucks". In fact it "kicks ass".

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 10, 2016 01:25

HMS
I bet more than 75% of all Stones-fans all over the world won´t agree with GLS´s opinion that One Hit "sucks". In fact it "kicks ass".

True.
" 75% of all Stones-fans all over the world " don't know One Hit or have thankfully forgotten it...

Date: September 10, 2016 04:01

According to the informations available on Qobuz, it's Stephen Marcussen who did the remastering - the same engineer that did the Stones most recent remasters.

I've listened to She's The Boss and Wandering Spirit. They definitely sound different from the original releases with a fatter and crispier sound. Obviously there's a lot compression (dynamic range) involved in the remastering... but they sound quite good and provide an overall enjoyable listening experience. A nice way to rediscover Jagger's solo output IMO.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 10, 2016 04:03

HMS

It's not awful bad, but it is has more in common with Bon Jovi stadium-rock than Stones music. A highlight on a career lowpoint album, no more, no less. In the bigger scheme of things though, it's forgotten by most fans just like Don't Stop and the like.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 10, 2016 04:11

alimente
HMS

It's not awful bad, but it is has more in common with Bon Jovi stadium-rock than Stones music. A highlight on a career lowpoint album, no more, no less. In the bigger scheme of things though, it's forgotten by most fans just like Don't Stop and the like.

As far as I remember One Hit wasn't included on 40 licks or any of the various Grrr compilations .
In opposite, Harlem Shuffle ,one of the very few listenable tracks on DW,made it on all Grrr formats.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home