Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Keith Richards to take viewers on a mystery ride during his Lost Weekend
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 25, 2016 16:20

BBC iPlayer links:
[www.bbc.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: September 25, 2016 16:26

Watching it now on the i player the perfomances from the young Stones are stunning smileys with beer

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: September 25, 2016 19:12

Deltics
Keith Richards Has Collated A Playlist To Soundtrack His 'Lost Weekend'

[www.nme.com]

Haven't watched any of the TV schedule but am currently playing this playlist very loud. Excellent, thanks.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 25, 2016 19:25

For those of you who can;t access this....I wouldn;t worry too much. I've watched it in it's entirety and whilst some of the Keith interludes are mildy amusing, at times it becomes cringing. We've all seen plenty of Keith puffing huge clouds of smoke as he guffaws and spits out a one liner, but this just goes into overkill and Temple has flooded it with this stuff, pretty badly edited to make it look edgy.

My advice is unless you really like 1950s and 60s comedy and music stuff that you could access via YouTUbe I'd skip to just the Keith sections and the interludes lifted from early UK TV.

Shame really as I was looking forward to this for some while. Most of what Keith says is in his book or the recent documentary i.e about his childhood years and post war Britain.

This was a really good opportuntiy to have Keith Richards the man, rather than Keith Richards the stereotype, but as always it slips to the latter, which I guess works well for those who aren;t as obsessive about the Stones as us, but for me, it was a little bit sad really and cliched to death. Just my opinion.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: September 25, 2016 21:10

OMG that black and white performance of SFTD I need a cold shower!smileys with beer

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 25, 2016 21:20

@#$%&, this is one of the best things the BBC has done. Tis making me love Keith all over again!!

Various stock Keithisms, but some total gem observations too.

"Everything else is in a frame."

Oh man, you nailed the magic of music right there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-25 21:30 by His Majesty.

Date: September 25, 2016 21:24

crumbling_mice
For those of you who can;t access this....I wouldn;t worry too much. I've watched it in it's entirety and whilst some of the Keith interludes are mildy amusing, at times it becomes cringing. We've all seen plenty of Keith puffing huge clouds of smoke as he guffaws and spits out a one liner, but this just goes into overkill and Temple has flooded it with this stuff, pretty badly edited to make it look edgy.

My advice is unless you really like 1950s and 60s comedy and music stuff that you could access via YouTUbe I'd skip to just the Keith sections and the interludes lifted from early UK TV.

Shame really as I was looking forward to this for some while. Most of what Keith says is in his book or the recent documentary i.e about his childhood years and post war Britain.

This was a really good opportuntiy to have Keith Richards the man, rather than Keith Richards the stereotype, but as always it slips to the latter, which I guess works well for those who aren;t as obsessive about the Stones as us, but for me, it was a little bit sad really and cliched to death. Just my opinion.

You sound fatigued, been there.

Down a few pints and get in to the spirit of it. This is ace!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 25, 2016 21:39

YOu are probably right Majesty and I also made the mistake of staying up to watch a lot of it and did get fatigued, especially when he was talking about staying up for 9 days and there I was struggling after one night....to be fair to me, I'd vaped far too much skunk and Keith was probably on something a little more stimulant in nature.

On reflection and after having some sleep, there is some gems in and amongst, but things like Hancock I saw first time round and didn;t really need to watch it again!

Date: September 25, 2016 21:53

Cristiano Radtke
My pleasure, JivingSisterFanny.

From the BBC Four Facebook page comes this comment, with which I agree 100%:

"I hope you're reading the comments because the Keith Richards weekend has been (so far) the most enjoyable TV I've seen for years. Whoever came up with the idea - thank you. You've basically come up with the perfect Desert Island Discs TV format. More please."

Absolutely agree !!!
Just enjoyed the first 40 minutes for today, really loved SFTD on tv show in black+white (tu, amazing !!!
Sadly Can't watch all night, have to get up early sad smiley
Thanks again Christiano for the link thumbs up

Date: September 25, 2016 23:18

crumbling_mice
YOu are probably right Majesty and I also made the mistake of staying up to watch a lot of it and did get fatigued, especially when he was talking about staying up for 9 days and there I was struggling after one night....to be fair to me, I'd vaped far too much skunk and Keith was probably on something a little more stimulant in nature.

On reflection and after having some sleep, there is some gems in and amongst, but things like Hancock I saw first time round and didn;t really need to watch it again!

Aha, skunk! grinning smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 26, 2016 03:34

Here's how you do it if you don't live in the UK:

Go to Control Panel.
In the search window, type VPN
Follow the instructions to set up a new VPN connection.
When asked for the address, enter ukvpn.ufreevpn.com
When asked for credentials:

Username: ufreevpn.com
Password: free

You can then follow Deltic's link. You may have to refresh. It works, I'm watching it now.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 26, 2016 03:57

I just started watching from the last 40 minutes or something from now, and I'm enjoying it very much. Keith is da man!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: September 26, 2016 10:35

I've loved what I've seen and have loads more to catch up with on iPlayer over the next month. All involved have done a great job.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 26, 2016 14:25

Haven't watched it all but Keith's wit and wisdom is entertaining and the old performances are stunning: SFTD from David Frost show Little Red Rooster and Off The Hook from Ready Steady Go...and the miming to I Got You Babe..WTF?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 26, 2016 15:28

Some brilliant televisual treats over the 3 nights of broadcasting.
From the Spike Milligan sketches, to Captain Pugwash, to 'The Girl Can't Help It', to 'London Babylon', all glued together with Keith's anecdotes & witticisms.

Thankyou BBC-4
Tv gold.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 4, 2016 21:32

Seems to have been a hit, judging by the letters page of the Radio Times:

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 5, 2016 12:27

Green Lady
Seems to have been a hit, judging by the letters page of the Radio Times:

Great! Thanks, Green lady. I left a compliment on the BBC4 Facebook page but didn't think about the Radio times. It's good to give them feedback for a job well done.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 12, 2016 15:49

I liked hearing Keith, but as always, wished it wasn't though a cloud of cigarette smoke.

The film, tv and cartoon clips are probably best enjoyed by those whose past they were a part of. Sadly, the humour escaped me.

Really liked the mime clip on Ready, Steady, Go.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 24, 2016 23:06

Really surprised at how few messages and comments regarding the programmes .
Not many UK IORR members anymore?
Also, littel reaction in the media.

Unlike Stateside it is very unusual to have this level of broadcast given over to a single performer. Heck even BBC Radio rarely showcases in this manner.
Good old Auntie Beeb!
My highlights:
-the old blues singers filmed slots
-Stones on RSG! and David Frost shows
-Keith with Jamaican musicians
-Keith in Morocco
-Hitchcock's 39 Steps

Would be good to have an album out of the music, Keith's (or the Directors?) much more interesting choices,than last years Desert Island Discs selection.
Negatives? Well the smoking of course and the pre broadcast hype about 'Keith's sharing of his world views, jnsights, life philosophy and legacy.' Oh yeh?

Once again Keith seems adrift on facts. Unless I misunderstood he said he spent 8 months living in Morocco.
One month I thought (early 1967).

Keith should be asked to do fuller TV documentaries on Morocco and Jamaica, focussing on the music side...that is his forte after all.

And of course Charlie re his jazz heroes.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 25, 2016 09:29

Keith seems to have a standing invitation to be one of the guest talking heads on any BBC4 music documentary where the subject is relevant. Given that the Lost Weekend was obviously a popular idea, it wouldn't surprise me to see more BBC4 ventures.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home