Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Keith Richards to take viewers on a mystery ride during his Lost Weekend
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 1, 2016 16:36

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Keith Richards is taking over the reigns of BBC Four later this month, curating an entire weekend of programming on the channel.

He'll be picking the listings from dusk (19:00) till dawn (04:00) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but it's going to be a "rock 'n' roll mystery ride" as we won't know exactly what's coming in advance.

Instead, the Rolling Stone will guide us through his picks himself, in on-screen segments filmed by director Julien Temple - explaining his choice of movies, documentaries, comedy shows, cartoons, music performances, old ads and more. Here are a few of the gems he's selected...

Alfred Hitchcock’s The 39 Steps
The Man Who Would Be King starring Sean Connery and Michael Caine
Archive treats featuring Johnny Cash, Jimi Hendrix with Keith, and never seen before archive of the Rolling Stones
A new 75 minute director's cut of Julien Temple's recent BBC Two documentary Keith Richards - The Origin of the Species
Temple said the shows would be "interwoven with a uniquely relaxed, wide-ranging and intimate interview in which Keith shares his legacy, world views, life philosophy and survival strategies with viewers."

He added: "As dawn breaks, those viewers who have experienced the full ride can celebrate the fact that they have been able to make it all the way and out the other side with Keith Richards as the sun comes up on their TV screens.”

Good luck!
[www.bbc.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-01 16:38 by Deltics.

Re: Keith Richards to take viewers on a mystery ride during his Lost Weekend
Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: September 1, 2016 16:37

Sounds great, just heard the ad for it on Radio 2

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 1, 2016 16:40

Loving it already!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 1, 2016 18:05

'A reality hacking incident'
Oh please let me somehow in the US get this and tell everyone to bugger off while I watch Keith Richards and selections on TV all weekend. It's an emergency.
Sent memo to computer husband to see what can be done.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: September 1, 2016 19:51

Due to the fact that most readers here either do not get BBC4, or they are not in the UK, or are trying to figure out the time differences, or, or, etc, etc, then here is some helpful info:

1. BBC4 can be streamed outside of the UK by going to BBC4 iPlayer, which can be googled, or: [www.bbc.co.uk]

2. BBC4 can only be viewed on iPlayer if you have a UK IP address. This is simple if you have a sophisticated VPN set up on your computer where you can choose your IP address location from a list of locations around the world. I am lucky in that I use such a VPN service: [www.privateinternetaccess.com]

3. As for the time difference, I have figured out mine (Mexico City/USA Central Time) as follows: The UK is 6 hours ahead of USA Central Time: [www.timeanddate.com]

The above info could be helpful to anyone trying to figure out how to watch this.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 1, 2016 20:12

...Chrz, Chacho!
Nice touch -
very thoughtful; very helpful as well. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-01 20:12 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Date: September 1, 2016 20:32

Chacho, earning in the karma bank. THANK YOU!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 1, 2016 22:00

"He added: "As dawn breaks, those viewers who have experienced the full ride can celebrate the fact that they have been able to make it all the way and out the other side with Keith Richards as the sun comes up on their TV screens.”

Oh my. These words strike me as the words of a man whose come to believe in his own press clippings. KR's entering Chuck in "Hail! Hail! Rock'n'Roll" territory.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: September 1, 2016 23:14

^^^
dmay,are you insinuating that the quote above was Keith's? I thought it was Julian Temple's (see below). BTW, I don't recall Keith ever referring to himself in the third person.

Temple said the shows would be "interwoven with a uniquely relaxed, wide-ranging and intimate interview in which Keith shares his legacy, world views, life philosophy and survival strategies with viewers."

He added: "As dawn breaks, those viewers who have experienced the full ride can celebrate the fact that they have been able to make it all the way and out the other side with Keith Richards as the sun comes up on their TV screens.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-01 23:14 by Plink.

Date: September 1, 2016 23:28

dmay
"He added: "As dawn breaks, those viewers who have experienced the full ride can celebrate the fact that they have been able to make it all the way and out the other side with Keith Richards as the sun comes up on their TV screens.”

Oh my. These words strike me as the words of a man whose come to believe in his own press clippings. KR's entering Chuck in "Hail! Hail! Rock'n'Roll" territory.

*I take this quote to mean:
We are staying up all night with Keith on TV, watching movies, tv shows, Keith talking and smoking in between. It's a joke about staying up all night with Keith Richards to see the sun rise.

(copied)
He'll be picking the listings from dusk (19:00) till dawn (04:00) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but it's going to be a "rock 'n' roll mystery ride" as we won't know exactly what's coming in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-01 23:29 by 35love.

Date: September 1, 2016 23:31

And:

smoking smiley yesssss

ETA: thanks Deltics know you have all this in your first post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-01 23:32 by 35love.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 1, 2016 23:54

Deltics
A new 75 minute director's cut of Julien Temple's recent BBC Two documentary Keith Richards - The Origin of the Species

eye popping smiley Someone will know how to save & share this for us benighted outlanders, right?
Please and thank you thank you :E

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 2, 2016 01:02

smoking smiley

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: September 2, 2016 04:02

Deltics
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Keith Richards is taking over the reigns of BBC Four later this month, curating an entire weekend of programming on the channel.

Instead, the Rolling Stone will guide us through his picks himself, in on-screen segments filmed by director Julien Temple - explaining his choice of movies, documentaries, comedy shows, cartoons, music performances, old ads and more. Here are a few of the gems he's selected...

Alfred Hitchcock’s The 39 Steps
The Man Who Would Be King starring Sean Connery and Michael Caine
Archive treats featuring Johnny Cash, Jimi Hendrix with Keith, and never seen before archive of the Rolling Stones

Good luck!
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Chacho
Due to the fact that most readers here either do not get BBC4, or they are not in the UK, or are trying to figure out the time differences, or, or, etc, etc, then here is some helpful info:

1. BBC4 can be streamed outside of the UK by going to BBC4 iPlayer, which can be googled, or: [www.bbc.co.uk]

2. BBC4 can only be viewed on iPlayer if you have a UK IP address. This is simple if you have a sophisticated VPN set up on your computer where you can choose your IP address location from a list of locations around the world. I am lucky in that I use such a VPN service: [www.privateinternetaccess.com]

3. As for the time difference, I have figured out mine (Mexico City/USA Central Time) as follows: The UK is 6 hours ahead of USA Central Time: [www.timeanddate.com]

The above info could be helpful to anyone trying to figure out how to watch this.

Cool!! Thanks guys!! This should be fun.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: September 2, 2016 10:18

Oh this sounds sweet. Gonna try and do the whole thing.

Might havta pull a sickie for monday though! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: September 2, 2016 21:37

"The Man Who Would Be King" thumbs up

That's a lot of programming. Maybe Keith will get his own series, eventually.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 2, 2016 23:01

Thanks Deltics and Chacho great news............

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 3, 2016 00:21

NICOS
Thanks Deltics and Chacho great news............[/quote

Yes! thumbs up

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 3, 2016 02:46

Chacho

I'm a bit confused here, and I'm VERY technical. I am running tunnelbear and connecting to a UK server. I know it's working because I'm picking up a live stream from BBC4. I don't see any references to KR, or the programs mentioned above. The really strange thing is that when you launch the page, it initially displays local London time (which is the default), but then it jumps and displays my local time, which it should not be able to do as my traffic is encrypted....

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 3, 2016 02:50

roller99
Chacho

I'm a bit confused here, and I'm VERY technical. I am running tunnelbear and connecting to a UK server. I know it's working because I'm picking up a live stream from BBC4. I don't see any references to KR, or the programs mentioned above. The really strange thing is that when you launch the page, it initially displays local London time (which is the default), but then it jumps and displays my local time, which it should not be able to do as my traffic is encrypted....

That's because it will be broadcasted later this month.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: September 3, 2016 04:56

I was wondering the same thing as I went to start to watch it today and there was nothing about keith Richards scheduled.

The original poster made it sound like it was airing this weekend, September 2, 3, and 4, 2016.

Maybe someone can update this forum as to the correct information when it is about to air.

Date: September 3, 2016 11:40

Chacho
I was wondering the same thing as I went to start to watch it today and there was nothing about keith Richards scheduled.

The original poster made it sound like it was airing this weekend, September 2, 3, and 4, 2016.

Maybe someone can update this forum as to the correct information when it is about to air.

The original poster (me) copied and pasted the information from the BBC website.
It quite clearly states "Keith Richards is taking over the reigns of BBC Four later this month"
No actual dates have been announced yet.
Watch this space!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 3, 2016 14:29

While all you kind, talented, generous and good-lookin people are saving the 75-minute director's cut of The Origins,
please don't neglect the "archive treats featuring Johnny Cash, Jimi Hendrix with Keith, and never-before-seen archive of the Rolling Stones"
Thank you thank you

Date: September 3, 2016 17:46

Some quotes from Telegraph article:

"The full schedule of what will air and when on the Lost Weekend will not be released beforehand."

Richards said: "No one has taken over a TV channel before. Let's see how it flies!"

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 5, 2016 12:07

This sound like loads of fun.

Initially I understood it to be Keith just doing a load of links between the variously scheduled programmes...but it does seem to be a bit more interesting than that smiling smiley

Hope I've got room on my Sky box to record the lot...because I certainly won't be allowed to watch it all day confused smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 5, 2016 16:05

35love
Some quotes from Telegraph article:

"The full schedule of what will air and when on the Lost Weekend will not be released beforehand."

Richards said: "No one has taken over a TV channel before. Let's see how it flies!"

EXPECT:
-THE 39 STEPS
-THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING
-ORIGN OF THE SPECIESgrinning smileyIRECTOR'S CUT
-Archive film (CASH/HENDRIX/STONES)

and others not yet confirmed

Keith Richards' Lost Weekend
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 7, 2016 23:10

Confirmed for BBC Four on 23 September at 7pm to 3.45am

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: Keith Richards' Lost Weekend
Date: September 7, 2016 23:15

His choices tonight (Friday September 23) include the film noir The Sorcerers; Hitchcock's masterpiece The 39 Steps; and Julien Temple'sJulien 75 minutes long director's cut of his documentary - Keith Richards - The Origin Of The Species.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 8, 2016 07:02

There are ways to get BBC Four anywhere...

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 8, 2016 07:16

It looks like it is "starting" September 23rd, but I only found one link. All the others say TBA. I suppose that's to create "suspense." It seems rather silly to do that in the jaded Information Age.

But I love the idea. It's like Keith will be a college radio DJ but this time round it's a video DJ.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home