Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Bill Wyman Talks
Date: February 12, 2020 17:43

Interesting to read Bill's interpretation about Jeff Beck and the Stones in 1975. Almost the opposite of Jeff Beck's story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 17:43 by TheflyingDutchman.

Re: Mick/Keith and Bill’s Relationship
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 12, 2020 18:35

DandelionPowderman
keithsman
DandelionPowderman
keithsman
Judging by interviews Keith still stays in touch with Bill and since Keith got over serious drugs they have always got on well in my opinion. Mick and Bill not so much, roundabout WW3 Bill was making sounds in the press that the Stones could replace Mick to tour, not sure Mick was ever the same with Bill after that.

As for Mick and Keith's relationship these days it's not even a working one as we can see with this album. Personally i think Mick finds it hard to be in the same room as Keith. Rehearsal is the only time they have to tolerate each other. Sorry to be so negative but all that show of brotherhood on stage is for the cameras.

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. They were working together in the studio, just the two of them and Steve Jordan, last year.

The glass is half full, i like that DP, but for an album to take all these years to try and finish suggest communication problems between them. We also get feed back that Mick goes in and does a bit, then Keith , but not very often together. Plus Steve Jordan is Keith's man, if Keith is working with Steve Jordan on a Stones album that could be because of frustration if Mick is avoiding working with Keith. It's obvious things are at an all time low for a gap of 15 years between Stones albums.

He he, most of this is pure speculation (darn, why do the Stones run their operations like Fort Knox!).

It could be as simple as this: They really want their last album to be great, but they're all struggling to come up with material that's good enough, and they realise this. It doesn't have to be anyone's fault smiling smiley

Only one problem with that DP, you and I know Keith has no problem making great music.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 12, 2020 18:42

Mick and Brian were firmly middle-class, I’d say. Keith grew-up on a notoriously rough - at least, it is now - housing estate called Temple Hill. Charlie and Ronnie are from - seemingly - working-class backgrounds, too.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:35

Bill came from a different generation than the rest of them, probably that explains his comments about class.
He grew up poorer and rougher. I would guess -- just speculating -- is that Bill knows Keith and the others grew up with more security. A bit more financial security and certainly more emotional security. Mick and Keith seem to have had good parenting. I know Keith's dad wasn't around, but he was real close with his mom.
Bill didn't have that family support, at least that's what I got from watching his documentary recently.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:38

Big Al
Mick and Brian were firmly middle-class, I’d say. Keith grew-up on a notoriously rough - at least, it is now - housing estate called Temple Hill. Charlie and Ronnie are from - seemingly - working-class backgrounds, too.
I don't think Keith had what you'd call a rough childhood.

That's always been a knock on the Stones from some people...they were portrayed by their management as rough-around-the-edges bad boys in comparison to the Beatles, while in reality their childhood backgrounds were significantly more comfortable.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: February 12, 2020 23:03

Hi Keithsmen where Did you see that Wyman says Mick Jagger could easily be replaced by another singer?No i dont believe a word what you are saying.More and more hate of Jagger again from you,lying and bitching all the times when it comes to Jagger.You are really a stupid clovn

Date: February 12, 2020 23:24

harlem shuffle
Hi Keithsmen where Did you see that Wyman says Mick Jagger could easily be replaced by another singer?No i dont believe a word what you are saying.More and more hate of Jagger again from you,lying and bitching all the times when it comes to Jagger.You are really a stupid clovn

Haha there you are, i was worried you had left us Mr Shuffle . Well perhaps I'm a bit older than you and remember articles in the press years before the Internet. So it's a little hard to prove but i can assure you Bill was suggesting to the press during WW3 that the Stones could possibly tour and try to find another singer. I know for a fact that Keith approached Roger Daltrey, who promptly told Keith where to go hehe.
Remember it's never hate, more like a love that ended up dissapointing you, up to about 82' Mick was the Rolling Stones to me, Keith came in second, the way they progressed as people and as artists from the late 70's to the present day changed all that. Having said that Mick is still a force of nature, still the best performer on the planet and always will be.
There is hardly a week that goes by that i don't have to get my fix of Mick and Keith's music and live performances, Mick still is the person i love watching and listening to the most, he's fascinating on so many levels, it's been my obsession for nearly 40 years, sorry it comes across to you as hate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 23:35 by keithsman.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 13, 2020 03:50

Bill said recently he see Mick in London at different affairs and that they have dinner. I don't think there's any problem between Bill & Keith. Bill really complimented his guitar playing in his recent documentary. None of it seemed phony when they wished him a happy 80th. Come on, they are a very special group of human beings/artists who magically came together, and became something much greater than their individual parts. They all enhanced each other's lives. They were the ones who rode around, crammed into Stu's unheated van. Those five frail Englishmen faced real pressure from society. They hung close. Just because it didn't last forever doesn't mean they aren't fond of each other.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 13, 2020 03:54

harlem shuffle

YOU calling someone a stupid clown is HILARIOUS. PRICELESS.

And your fake news. FAKE NEWS. You're nothing but a FAKE Stones fan.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 13, 2020 04:11

24FPS
they are a very special group of human beings/artists who magically came together, and became something much greater than their individual parts. They all enhanced each other's lives. They were the ones who rode around, crammed into Stu's unheated van. Those five frail Englishmen faced real pressure from society. They hung close. Just because it didn't last forever doesn't mean they aren't fond of each other.

Quite possibly the most insightful passage ever posted on IORR.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 13, 2020 04:17

Rocky Dijon
24FPS
they are a very special group of human beings/artists who magically came together, and became something much greater than their individual parts. They all enhanced each other's lives. They were the ones who rode around, crammed into Stu's unheated van. Those five frail Englishmen faced real pressure from society. They hung close. Just because it didn't last forever doesn't mean they aren't fond of each other.

Quite possibly the most insightful passage ever posted on IORR.
There was a story in the newspapers in 1987 that because Mick was going to tour solo he would be replaced for a Stones tour by Terence Trent D’ArbySome news reports attributed it maybe to comments by Bill.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 04:19 by Taylor1.

Date: February 13, 2020 19:21

GasLightStreet
harlem shuffle

I feel your pain Gaslightstreet, i try to humour him, even try to kill him with kindness but he keeps on trolling. What's disappointing is that he lies and tries to get people banned with his fake BS. It's one thing to name call and attack people's point of view, but what he doesn't know he makes up. Pleased you called him out.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 13, 2020 20:29

keithsman
GasLightStreet
harlem shuffle

I feel your pain Gaslightstreet, i try to humour him, even try to kill him with kindness but he keeps on trolling. What's disappointing is that he lies and tries to get people banned with his fake BS. It's one thing to name call and attack people's point of view, but what he doesn't know he makes up. Pleased you called him out.

It's all about this childish Keith/Mick mudfight and you too are not exactly innocent in this case...

Date: February 13, 2020 21:25

retired_dog
keithsman
GasLightStreet
harlem shuffle

It's all about this childish Keith/Mick mudfight and you too are not exactly innocent in this case...

Guilty, but i don't exist on here to get one person banned

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 13, 2020 21:59

keithsman
retired_dog
keithsman
GasLightStreet
harlem shuffle

Guilty, but i don't exist on here to get one person banned

But nobody accused you of that behaviour! So - no defense necessary, because the court won't deal with this case.

Date: February 14, 2020 14:40

keithsman
Palace Revolution 2000
keithsman
DandelionPowderman
keithsman
Judging by interviews Keith still stays in touch with Bill and since Keith got over serious drugs they have always got on well in my opinion. Mick and Bill not so much, roundabout WW3 Bill was making sounds in the press that the Stones could replace Mick to tour, not sure Mick was ever the same with Bill after that.

As for Mick and Keith's relationship these days it's not even a working one as we can see with this album. Personally i think Mick finds it hard to be in the same room as Keith. Rehearsal is the only time they have to tolerate each other. Sorry to be so negative but all that show of brotherhood on stage is for the cameras.

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. They were working together in the studio, just the two of them and Steve Jordan, last year.

The glass is half full, i like that DP, but for an album to take all these years to try and finish suggest communication problems between them. We also get feed back that Mick goes in and does a bit, then Keith , but not very often together. Plus Steve Jordan is Keith's man, if Keith is working with Steve Jordan on a Stones album that could be because of frustration if Mick is avoiding working with Keith. It's obvious things are at an all time low for a gap of 15 years between Stones albums.

What about the notion that there really isn't all that much 'wrong' in their relationship? I think we, as fans, like to cling to that idea because ultimately it is the more hopeful scenario: that they are at loggerheads, and that from this kind of place there is the possibility of a solution, a reconciliation. But often a couple a married couple that has been together for many years, and is at peace with each other, choose to sleep in different rooms. And lead almost separate lives. yet their marriage is strong. Time is a motherf8cker.
And IMO the fabled album is not stalled because of some rift between those two. they are just content and settled. No matter what Keith says in interviews; it is he who is done, and slow. Mick and Ron still have a certain amount of drive, and restlessness, but probably not so much Stones related. It is very easy to believe Keith and his Keith-isms. That he can't wait to let the tigers out again etc; and that it is Brenda holding them all back. Look how long it took for his last solo album to complete; and how homespun and sleepy it is.
And re. Bill, I think most of his bitterness was purely financial. I actually always noted that Bill spoke very highly of Mick as a performer and leader. I liked the way he would say that they had the best one of them all.

PALACE, I've always enjoyed your posts but you are way off the mark here saying Keith has no drive, Keith had to wait a long time to find a window of opportunity to release Crosseyed Heart, Keith showed plenty of creative drive to complete that album a short while ago, the jury is still out on Mick, he needs to prove he can still create music at that level, it's been a long while, it's getting to the point where seeing will be believing, but in 15 years we have virtually nothing from Mick that comes close to Ronnie or Keith's last solo efforts.
well then I have to re-phrase. Obviously Keith has drive; he's given us a lifetime of drive. I think what I'm trying to convey, and it is by no means a criticism, is that I get the feeling that Keith is ready to settle down. That of all 4, he could easily be the first one to privately be ready to call it.
I can tell by your name that Keith hold a special place with you; and I could easily be wrong. It's just a feeling.
The whole notion of there not being a Stones one day is very, very troubling to me. None of us want to really deal with that scenario. It reminds me of my own age, and of time's passage. I do not exagerate when I say that the Stones have been more of a guide to me in life than anyone, including family.

Bill Wyman talks and comments
Date: May 22, 2023 01:09

Bill Wyman: Brian stubbed a cigarette out on his hand

Bill Wyman has recalled how his former Rolling Stones bandmate Brian Jones stubbed out a cigarette on his hand.

The 86-year-old bassist quit the Stones in 1993 after more than 30 years with the group, and said its founder Brian – who drowned aged 27 on 3 July 1969 after years battling drink and drugs problems – lashed out as he had a “bad side”.

He told The Times: “Brian Jones had his bad side – he’d stub a cigarette out on the back of your hand and then apologise profusely – but he was incredibly
inventive.”

From a recent news story printed in a couple newspapers. I'd been hoping for a specific happening that turned the individual Stones against him. It reminds me of that Dinsdale sketch on Monty Python.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-22 12:47 by bv.

Re: Bill Wyman: Brian stubbed a cigarette out on his hand
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 22, 2023 12:39

He wouldn't have got away with nailing Keith's head to a coffee table grinning smiley

Re: Bill Wyman talks and comments
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 22, 2023 16:07

Bill Wyman has recalled how his former Rolling Stones bandmate Brian Jones stubbed out a cigarette on his hand... The 86-year-old bassist quit the Stones in 1993 after more than 30 years

Apparently Bill was still bothered, even after all that time

Re: Bill Wyman talks and comments
Date: May 22, 2023 16:19

schillid

Bill Wyman has recalled how his former Rolling Stones bandmate Brian Jones stubbed out a cigarette on his hand... The 86-year-old bassist quit the Stones in 1993 after more than 30 years

Apparently Bill was still bothered, even after all that time

Bill certainly was, even after all that time.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 22, 2023 18:01

see Bill FB for yesterday's paper winking smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: redkev ()
Date: May 27, 2023 00:33

Just watched Brian Jones and the Rolling Stones on BBC iPlayer. I am curious about the part where Bill seems hesitant to talk too much about Brian's collaboration with Jim Hendrix. He seems to look off camera to someone for advice on what he should or shouldn't say. Could be nothing much in it at all of course but seemed a bit odd.

It's a very revealing doc with some fantastic footage and images I'd never seen before. How they managed to produce such a vast quantity of superb music with everything that was going on (relationships, drugs, power struggles etc) at that time shows the depth of talent they had.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 27, 2023 01:28

Would be amazing if Bill was invited to play bass on a tune for the long-delayed "new" album! If they can manage to have Macca as a special guest on a tune, makes perfect sense they should have Bill also. Just my two cents.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 27, 2023 10:58

I doubt that Bill could be bothered with all the fuss.

He's perfectly happy as he is and doesn't need it.grinning smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 27, 2023 11:55

I could never see Bill wanting to play in a Rolling Stones without Charlie

sc uk

Date: May 28, 2023 00:43

straycatuk
I could never see Bill wanting to play in a Rolling Stones without Charlie

sc uk

Never say never. We never thought he'd play on stage with them again, either. And he did play with them on record, though they all phoned in their individual parts and it was underwhelming at best.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 18, 2023 01:42

I just stumbled across this:

is this a thing?

sorry if you've already discussed this

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-18 02:25 by open-g.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 18, 2023 02:46

Hairball
Would be amazing if Bill was invited to play bass on a tune for the long-delayed "new" album! If they can manage to have Macca as a special guest on a tune, makes perfect sense they should have Bill also. Just my two cents.

Based on the recent news, looks like my speculation was correct on this one. thumbs up

For my next prediction while gazing in to the crystal ball:
Mick Taylor will be involved on a tune whether it's a new recording of his, or something vintage unearthed from the vaults c. 1972/1973.

You read it here first folks!

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: June 18, 2023 05:08

Always good when they can reconnect.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 18, 2023 05:13

Reality check...

This entire latest speculation can be traced back to ONE report in the UK Sun newspaper. A rag sheet tabloid not unlike the Daily Mail.

Everyone seems to hope that the 'recording with the Stones' bit was true, and that the 'flying to LA' was improbable.

Only time will tell if any of it was true after all.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home