Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones and Chicago
Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: August 30, 2016 06:21

Every now and then the topic of "The Stones #1 City" comes up...New York; Los Angeles; London; Toronto; Paris; Rotterdam; Boston; Tokyo; Sao Paulo; Detroit; Liverpool; Miami; Little Rock; Amsterdam; Munich; Rio de Janiero; Dartford; Moscow; New Orleans; Osaka; Leipzig; Havana; Stockholm: Santiago; Philadelphia; Milan; Sydney; Rome; Brussel; ...The truth of the matter, it will always be CHICAGO...Where it all began !!!

Re: Stones and Chicago
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 30, 2016 08:26

I thought it all began in London?!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 30, 2016 08:35

NYC/MSG #1

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: August 30, 2016 10:57

The Stones are too big for one city.
Too big for one country too.
The world is their habitat (and beyond).

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: August 30, 2016 11:39

Without Chicago and the Mississippi Delta, there would be no Stones. So, in a way, they did start in Chicago with Muddy, Howlin' Wolf, etc.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 30, 2016 17:33

DGA35
I thought it all began in London?!

Oh. You mean they're not from Chicago too?

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: August 30, 2016 17:37

Toronto is the biggest Stones city. They are nuts there for them and the Stones spend a ton of time there.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 30, 2016 18:15

The love of the Chicago blues is what reacquainted Mick and Keith that fateful
day on the Dartford train platform. I'm sure they have many favorite cities which are probably the cities they choose to stay within for extended
periods while on tour.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: August 31, 2016 02:25

Sounds to me like you're just jumping the bandwagon cause you know the Cubbies are gonna win the World Series this year.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 31, 2016 04:08

Seems they've spent the most time in New York, then Los Angeles.
Have recorded quite a bit in LA, especially in the 60s.

Date: August 31, 2016 04:27

shadooby
Sounds to me like you're just jumping the bandwagon cause you know the Cubbies are gonna win the World Series this year.

Wrong Again...I pull for the White Sox and No the Scrubs will not win the World Series this year...Thanx for your lopsided opinion.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 31, 2016 09:35

stanlove
Toronto is the biggest Stones city. They are nuts there for them and the Stones spend a ton of time there.

Stones spent a lot of time in Toronto after Torontonian Michael Cohl took over their tours in 89. Now that they don't use him they don't spend time there.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 31, 2016 20:04

Chicago blues are from the Mississippi Floodplain region aka the alluvial valley and east of there (region). They just got electrified.

So really it's the southern proper United States - Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

Date: August 31, 2016 20:11

Excellant point Gaslightstreet!

Date: September 1, 2016 05:07

GasLightStreet
Chicago blues are from the Mississippi Floodplain region aka the alluvial valley and east of there (region). They just got electrified.

So really it's the southern proper United States - Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

Maybe I missed it...but I cannot recall the Stones ever mentioning the Alluvial Valley in any of their songs...For that matter we have to take it all back to AFRICA !!!...I do however remember an instrumental titled 2120 S. Michigan Ave...Their only song with an Exact Address !!!...Yes that's right an Exact Address !!!...Their only song with an Exact Address !!!...Yes that's right an Exact Address !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-01 05:09 by 2120Wolf.

Date: September 1, 2016 07:56

I don't think the importance of Chess Records, which was located at 2120 south Michigan ave in Chicago, is in dispute in regards to the history of the Rolling Stones. Instead the point was made that if not for the legendary Chicago blues artists, many of whom migrated from the Mississippi delta region, there may not have been a Chess records.

Date: September 1, 2016 21:25

swimtothemoon
I don't think the importance of Chess Records, which was located at 2120 south Michigan ave in Chicago, is in dispute in regards to the history of the Rolling Stones. Instead the point was made that if not for the legendary Chicago blues artists, many of whom migrated from the Mississippi delta region, there may not have been a Chess records.

Yes, you do sound very well informed...and once again as I have mentioned previously....we have to go back to Africa for the root...The point of the matter is that without Chess there are no Stones.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 1, 2016 21:35

But you need Stones to play Checkers smoking smiley

Date: September 2, 2016 01:46

Koen

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-02 01:50 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 2, 2016 01:48

..... it all started in Dick Taylor mum's home ....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 2, 2016 01:58

marcovandereijk
The Stones are too big for one city.
Too big for one country too.
The world is their habitat (and beyond).

Or is the City to big for just one Stone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1209
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home