Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
OT: Welcome to the breakfast show - IORR Fan Gathering and live show in London September 24
Date: August 24, 2016 06:07

Welcome to the party to all IORRers!

There will be a full show by the IORR Band, a quiz and perhaps a screening of a Stones concert.

We booked a proper place for this as well: The Alleycat. It's located in the basement of Regent Sound, where the Stones recorded their first album - in Denmark Street.

This will be an afternoon show (1 pm – 5 pm), so we can have some fun together after the gig as well. Hope to see many of you there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-07 13:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: OT: Welcome to the breakfast show - IORR Fan Gathering and live show in London September 24
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 24, 2016 06:24

It's absolutely GRRReat, and what a joy for you to play on such an historic site! I wish I could join the party. Best of luck and have fun, everybody. smileys with beer

Re: OT: Welcome to the breakfast show - IORR Fan Gathering and live show in London September 24
Posted by: novica ()
Date: August 24, 2016 07:55

wow,
i wish i could be there, but unfortunately i can't.
i'm sure it will be great , and don't forget to post some picures !

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 24, 2016 08:05

Will try and be there sounds funsmileys with beer

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: August 24, 2016 09:56

What time is kick off ?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 24, 2016 10:19

This sounds really great--I can't be there but I hope everyone who goes has a blast, and I echo the request for pictures! Maybe even a little video?? (We want to hear the band!)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 24, 2016 11:10

Great idea. Wish I could be there. Have fun

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 24, 2016 11:15

Come ta Melbourne .....
But hey guys great stuff you've been churning out... have a good time ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 24, 2016 12:34

Wow - way way cool!
I can't say yes and I can't say no, but that is absolutely cool!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 24, 2016 13:04

That is so awesome , wish i could join in the fun .

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: August 24, 2016 14:02

Yessssss... I will be at the party.
Great to meet you guys there! :-)

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 24, 2016 16:54

Hopefully I will be there for the gig on September 24th, and really looking forward to it.

For anyone not familiar with London, it's not far from Tottenham Court Road Tube station and also Leicester Square and Chinatown.
A cheap and cheerful pub is The Montagu Pyke in Charing Cross Road .
The Montagu Pyke Pub

Last home till 1995 of The Marquee Club.

A big Wetherspoons pub with the cheapest drinks and food in Central London, and just down the road from Denmark Street.
Obviously plenty of other places all round this area.

Looking forward to see some old and new faces fairly soon. smileys with beer

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: August 24, 2016 17:14

10 days ago I had a good time at Jack Horner, Tottenham Court Road thumbs up

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 24, 2016 17:27

Come to Toronto, we'll get Stones Place for ya! Rock On!

[stonesplace.ca]

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 24, 2016 17:56

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 24, 2016 21:33

Make this a sticky?

Will try to make it! drinking smileyhot smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 25, 2016 02:07

So cool that you guys are doing this! We need designated scopers for those of us who can't make it...and some designated drivers too, for those of us who can. drinking smiley smileys with beer grinning smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 25, 2016 02:49

I've just listened to your performance of 'Stop Breaking Down'. Blimey you guys can play! Barring a disaster I'll definitely be making the trek in from Swindon. Havana Moon on at the Cinema the night before too so 23/24 September is going to be a Stones Weekend. smileys with beer

Looking forward to seeing a few faces from past Stones gigs too.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 25, 2016 05:12

Have fun everyone, sounds like a good time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-25 12:36 by jambay.

Date: August 25, 2016 11:18

EJM
What time is kick off ?

12pm – 5pm

Date: August 25, 2016 13:36

DandelionPowderman
EJM
What time is kick off ?

12pm – 5pm

Wow - that IS early. I might have to set my bed on fire to get in from Swindon at that time but I'll do that if necessary winking smiley

Date: August 25, 2016 16:52

We might need some time doing the sound check / setting things up etc, but perhaps we can get in earlier.

Will keep you posted about showtime as soon as we know the exact time.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 25, 2016 17:14

Dandelion - You guys sound great and congratulations getting to this stage. What is the lineup live going to be? Are you going to add a second guitar? Best of luck on Sept. 24 - hope you will record it (maybe put out a double album - studio and live from The Alleycat)!

Date: August 25, 2016 17:37

2000 LYFH
Dandelion - You guys sound great and congratulations getting to this stage. What is the lineup live going to be? Are you going to add a second guitar? Best of luck on Sept. 24 - hope you will record it (maybe put out a double album - studio and live from The Alleycat)!

Thanks 2000 LYFH! Yes, there will be a second guitarist, maybe also a third. So, it will either be a five-piece or a six-piece band.

The line up will be confirmed when everybody has confirmed 100 percent that they can make it. I can reveal that there will be at least one pleasant surprise, though smiling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 25, 2016 17:45

DP!

Cheers to you and to all that are lucky enough to attend!
Rock ON!

smileys with beer

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 25, 2016 17:59

This sounds great will try and make it.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 25, 2016 18:11

Great idea !

I'll be in the States , so won't be able to make it unfortunately ............have a blast everyone who can !

sc uk

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 25, 2016 18:28

this should not be listed as OT, it is very much on topic. Wish I could be there.

plexi

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 25, 2016 18:37

grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman
EJM
What time is kick off ?

12pm – 5pm

Wow - that IS early. I might have to set my bed on fire to get in from Swindon at that time but I'll do that if necessary winking smiley

Hi Gregor, Will be great to meet up again if we both manage to get down to Denmark Street.
Easy for me to get into town from Epsom , and your train or bus links from Swindon are not too bad.
I remember getting the bus from Swindon quite regular at one time to Heathrow or Victoria. smileys with beer

Date: August 25, 2016 19:32

crawdaddy
grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman
EJM
What time is kick off ?

12pm – 5pm

Hi Gregor, Will be great to meet up again if we both manage to get down to Denmark Street.
Easy for me to get into town from Epsom , and your train or bus links from Swindon are not too bad.
I remember getting the bus from Swindon quite regular at one time to Heathrow or Victoria. smileys with beer

Hi Tony,

I defintely want to go. Whenever I come into London, I usually leave my car at the Park & Ride in Oxford and come in on the Oxford Tube Coach, which is frequent, cheap and runs 24-7. But not especially quick ;

They only run every 2 hours or so from Swindon. I did the Ox Tube 3 weeks ago when I went to the exhibition. It's perfect for gigs at Hyde Park as it stops at Marble Arch. That Wetherspoons round the corner sounds good for a pre gig breakfast.grinning smiley

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home