Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: OT: Welcome to the breakfast show - IORR Fan Gathering and live show in London September 24
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 24, 2016 19:18

Sorry 71Tele! Dandy was almost the only one visible on periscope due to the camera angle. Great guitar playing though! Have a good time in London!

Re: OT: Welcome to the breakfast show - IORR Fan Gathering and live show in London September 24
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 24, 2016 19:22

Arrived late to the party but I'll watch it on Periscope later. Good job, folks! thumbs up

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 24, 2016 22:58

Hey !

I just watched a few minutes on Periscope ; thanks for the link ; it seems you had a great time there and the guitars sounded very good ; congrats ! (wish I were there )

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: September 24, 2016 23:03

PS : "Oh Carol" is so punchy !I loved it ! What a sound
thumbs up

Signed : a groupie (laugh)

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 24, 2016 23:17

What a fabulous gig and afternoon spent in the company of some great musicians and a bunch of great IORRers down in Denmark Street, London today.

Hats off to Bard, Tele 71, Duke Richardson, Wild Slivowitz, djgab, and Erwin. Fabulous playing and hey, the next time the Stones play in London we should try and get another gig going. You guys could earn some serious cash as a Stones tribute band.

Particularly fab versions of Down In The Hole and Midnight Rambler.

Salud.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-26 12:23 by Silver Dagger.

Date: September 24, 2016 23:34

Hear, hear, Silver Dagger!
A great gig, and quite astounding that you guys had never actually met before. Norway, USA, France, Italy all together in Denmark Street of all places. Bravo! Oh yeh, Midnight Rambler was great and Dandy hit the lyrics!

Date: September 24, 2016 23:54

Thanks a lot for coming down today!

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring a converter for the British power system. That's why you got the weird pictures in the scope. My charger cord was too short.

The tripod was for the pro cam smiling smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 25, 2016 00:36

Still in Soho (somewhere - don't for heavens sake ask me WHERE) eating and drinking with Beast wnd bandmember Tele71, it was a GREAT multi-national Stones fan Saturday in and around Denmark St, London. Thanks to all who contributed abd participated. Lets 'do it again' .... soon !!!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: September 25, 2016 00:39

Make that 'and' not abd

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 25, 2016 01:34

Stoneage
Sorry 71Tele! Dandy was almost the only one visible on periscope due to the camera angle. Great guitar playing though! Have a good time in London!

No worries, Stoneage. I couldn't see me either.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-25 01:36 by 71Tele.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 25, 2016 02:35

Some pictures to share or videos?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 25, 2016 03:24

On my way back home now. The band were simply magnificent. Absolutely remankable thst they met for the 1st time barely an hour before showtime. No setlist complaints wig this team! It was obvious at an early stage that they enjoyed playing together.

We can only hope that they can do more gigs in the future as it would be a crying shame if they didn't.

Great night out afterwards, spent in the company of the band + Crawdaddy, Nate and many more IORRians.

A message for Wild Sliwowitz, our excellent harmonica player from Napoli, I hope you made it to Stansted OK. winking smiley

Re: OT: Welcome to the breakfast show - IORR Fan Gathering and live show in London September 24- International Its Only Rock and Roll Band
Posted by: jambay ()
Date: September 25, 2016 09:52

Cheerssmileys with beer and Congratulationsthumbs up to the IIORRB for
getting this gig pulled off and sounding so good given the set up. Very impressive

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 25, 2016 10:42

Hey Gregor, I've just landed, thank you for everything smiling smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 25, 2016 10:54

Looks like you guys had a wonderful party. That's great

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 25, 2016 11:19

I echo all the due thanks and high praises to the wonderful IORR band, who did themselves truly proud and put on a fantastic show. It is seriously hard to fathom that they had never before played together! I know we are all hoping that it was only a first outing and that we can look forward to more in future thumbs up

Glad to hear you made it to Stansted and back home, wildslivovitz! Here's wishing a safe trip home also to Bard, dukerichardson, ErwinH, Tele71 and their helpers. Thank you all - I hope you all enjoyed it as much as your audience did!

Date: September 25, 2016 12:22

A few (of the many) photos I took yesterday ...

Band members please note: I took about 80 odd shots, all are high resolution (file size about 12/13 Mb). So if you want them, get in touch and I'll gladly write them to a 2Gb USB stick and post them to you.

Once again, thanks to all for having played their part in putting this together. Those fantastic songs will never ever die or just plain ole 'fade away' ...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 25, 2016 12:32

Thanks Pauly! Such heroes!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 25, 2016 14:43

Those are excellent, paulywaul. Excellent shots, thanks!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 25, 2016 14:54

I could only get "highlights" on periscope but you all sound fantastic
Great photos too - thanks Paul! I want the DvD!

Date: September 25, 2016 16:24

Great pics, Pauly! Highlights, with sssoul?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 25, 2016 16:35

Yep, "highlights" was all periscope would let me see, maybe because I "followed" you too late. 8\
But I will hear/see the rest when the DVD come out!

Did the gig shake the band's tailfeathers?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 25, 2016 16:46

It was nice to meet everyone yesterday it was a great day thanks for the music

Nate thumbs up

Date: September 25, 2016 17:41

Great pics ! Many thanks

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 25, 2016 18:34

Wild Slivovitz
Hey Gregor, I've just landed, thank you for everything smiling smiley

Prego smileys with beer

That's a big relief! I did wonder how much of a help I'd been confused smiley. I hope you aren't too tired and your show in Napoli goes well tonight.

When I went back to my bus stop, there was a coach to Oxford straight away and I finally got home to my village at 3am.

Ah well I suppose we're all back to doing our normal jobs tomorrow. But this will live long in my memory for sure. What an absolute blast! I'm still on a high as a mere audience member and no doubt the band feel even more so. Dare I say it, but with seeing so many faces I've seen at past Stones gigs it was almost like being at one!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 25, 2016 21:47

Well, I think this is called for:

Great pics indeed, Pauly! And lads... Wow! I watched the show from the beginning today and am glad I did, so much great stuff before I tuned in live yesterday. Y'all really know how to rock! Some great guitar licks, some killer drums and harmonica and truly worthy vocals! And some really great songs - no complaints about the set list! (Note: Really? You began with Stop Breaking Down? You knew I was 5 hours behind and sound asleep! Time waits for no one... grinning smiley) So glad you got a chance to do this. Take a bow!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-02 05:43 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: September 25, 2016 22:58

I'm just back safe in Paris and still on a cloud after this incredible breakfast show. It was a really good times ! Thank for the band for so great music and vibes. Thank for all your support. I really hope it will goes on somehow. Time will tell !

dj "mandoline guy" gab

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: September 25, 2016 23:22

I'm also back home, in Holland....
It was really really so great to meet DandelionPowderman, 71Tele, duke richardson, djgab and wild slivovitz and be on stage with them ! Thank you guys!

Thanks to all the people that showed up,
nice to meet people like Nate, Grzegorz67, Beast, Paulywaul, Silver Dagger, Crawdaddy...

Hope to see you all again, somewhere, somehow, someday...
thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-25 23:24 by ErwinH.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 25, 2016 23:25

That's a hilariously awesome set list! Looks like y'all had a blast!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 26, 2016 00:14

GasLightStreet
That's a hilariously awesome set list! Looks like y'all had a blast!

Really! Love all the pics!!

Sorry I missed the big event, but I'll settle in for a good listen on Periscope sometime soon. Is it going to be up there for a while?...should I wait for the Pro Vid?

Congrats guys for a successful gig!

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home