Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: OT: Welcome to the breakfast show - IORR Fan Gathering and live show in London September 24
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 25, 2016 22:43

DandelionPowderman..Excellent idea I'd love to go to something like this and it's in a cool place in London..smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Re: OT: Welcome to the breakfast show - IORR Fan Gathering and live show in London September 24
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 26, 2016 01:42

Oh darn, I already committed to lease out my private jet that day....

...but in all seriousness, should be great for all those that can attend smileys with beer

Date: August 26, 2016 20:28

If we should play tunes from the first album, which songs do you wanna hear?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 26, 2016 20:37

DandelionPowderman
If we should play tunes from the first album, which songs do you wanna hear?

For my 2 cents' worth, any from Carol, Route 66 or Little by Little.

To play a song from their debut album, in the very building in which it was recorded would be freakishly good!

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 26, 2016 21:49

Tell Me (You're Coming Back) - first Jagger/Richard written released song... OK lets slow it down a bit...

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: August 26, 2016 22:20

This sounds so awesome man shame I gotta wedding to go to or I would be having a bit of this. Bummeroo

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 27, 2016 03:04

i used to be in a band called the designated scopers.

Date: August 27, 2016 15:35

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 27, 2016 16:23

Ask Regent Sound shop if you can play a wee acoustic set at the back of the shop? That's where the studio was in 1964. smiling smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: August 27, 2016 19:49

Got bass?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 27, 2016 22:21

How about setting up a Face Time session or a Periscope feed for those who cannot attend?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 28, 2016 15:44

If anyone is staying up in town for the evening, Sunny Afternoon is just down the road near Leicester Square till October 29th.
Best show in London in my opinion.

A little tip to get cheap tickets on any day is have a look on this link on the morning or afternoon of the show for stalls tix availability. Take a note of good seats available.
Sunny Afternoon Tix
Go to the box office for £25 day tix anytime after mid day, and if they try to fob you off with not so good seats, ask if any seats near the stage. The tables are fine as well, even if you are on your own.

Got tix in Row B and Row D like that.

It's gonna be a great day in London Town on September 24th.

See yer there. smileys with beer

Date: August 29, 2016 17:03

Good ideas about the scoping and the Regent Sound Shop thumbs up We'll see what we have time for. Remember that we have never met, and that we only have an hour before everybody gets there to get everything together grinning smiley

The line up will be confirmed soon...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 30, 2016 13:00

crawdaddy
If anyone is staying up in town for the evening, Sunny Afternoon is just down the road near Leicester Square till October 29th.

A little tip to get cheap tickets on any day is have a look on this link on the morning or afternoon of the show for stalls tix availability. Take a note of good seats available.
Sunny Afternoon Tix
Go to the box office for £25 day tix anytime after mid day, and if they try to fob you off with not so good seats, ask if any seats near the stage. The tables are fine as well, even if you are on your own.

Hi Tony hope you're well
Paul and myself and maybe one other will be coming along to this on the 24th will be good to see you again.

Nate thumbs up

Date: August 30, 2016 16:20

Well, what songs do you wanna hear, this one?

[www.youtube.com]

Never a show without this one? winking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-30 16:52 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 30, 2016 17:50

Nate
crawdaddy

Sunny Afternoon Tix

Hi Tony hope you're well
Paul and myself and maybe one other will be coming along to this on the 24th will be good to see you again.

Nate thumbs up

I meant to say that we will be coming to Denmark street on the 24th not the sunny afternoon show

See you on the 24th

Nate thumbs up

Date: August 30, 2016 18:32

Welcome, everyone! thumbs up

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 30, 2016 22:53

''I meant to say that we will be coming to Denmark street on the 24th not the sunny afternoon show

See you on the 24th''.

Nate

Will be great to see you and Paul again for first time since South America.

Only put the Sunny Afternoon thing on the post in case any Stones fans from outside London were interested.

Love the teaser for the gig DP.

It's gonna be a great Saturday afternoon in Denmark Street. smileys with beer

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 31, 2016 03:33

crawdaddy
If anyone is staying up in town for the evening, Sunny Afternoon is just down the road near Leicester Square till October 29th. Best show in London in my opinion.

Second that! I saw it in May and have been playing, and humming, everything Kinks since then. Massive, multiple thumbs up!

Date: August 31, 2016 04:46

whoops - duplicate. Mea culpa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-31 04:47 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 1, 2016 03:12

DandelionPowderman
Remember that we have never met, and that we only have an hour before everybody gets there to get everything together grinning smiley

Good, good, it's going to sound authentically ramshackle then. grinning smileythumbs up

Date: September 1, 2016 03:23

What's the cover charge / admission?

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: September 1, 2016 03:35

Date: September 1, 2016 11:14

SomeTorontoGirl

A smile and your best behaviour smiling smiley

Date: September 1, 2016 15:57

DandelionPowderman
SomeTorontoGirl

Awwww... [Smile] How could I be on my best behaviour if you guys start playing Stop Breaking Down?

Date: September 1, 2016 16:56

SomeTorontoGirl
DandelionPowderman
SomeTorontoGirl

Awwww... [Smile] How could I be on my best behaviour if you guys start playing Stop Breaking Down?

grinning smiley

Date: September 2, 2016 12:26

Well, now we have a band! Everybody couldn't make it, unfortunately, and there might be more musicians joining. We have asked people from around the globe – and it's impressive that some will take the long trip from the US to perform!

Here's the confirmed line up for the IORR Show:

ErwinH: Drums
Duke Richardson: Bass and vocals
Wild Slivovitz: Blues harp and harmonica
Tele71: Guitar
DandelionPowderman: Vocals and guitar

We're also working on documenting this event, for a possible DVD release later on.

If there would be any kind IORRians who'd take the responsibility for periscoping this show, it would be awesome as well – bring your chargers!

We can't wait for this thumbs up

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 5, 2016 00:51

DandelionPowderman
Well, now we have a band! Everybody couldn't make it, unfortunately, and there might be more musicians joining. We have asked people from around the globe – and it's impressive that some will take the long trip from the US to perform!

Here's the confirmed line up for the IORR Show:

ErwinH: Drums
Duke Richardson: Bass and vocals
Wild Slivovitz: Blues harp and harmonica
Tele71: Guitar
DandelionPowderman: Vocals and guitar

We're also working on documenting this event, for a possible DVD release later on.

If there would be any kind IORRians who'd take the responsibility for periscoping this show, it would be awesome as well – bring your chargers!

We can't wait for this thumbs up

smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: September 7, 2016 23:36

Looks like Keith and his lost weekend will be on BBC4 the weekend this band are playing live in Denmark Street on the afternoon of Saturday September 24th.
Keith

A Friday , Saturday and Sunday night of Keith and his fave things to be on TV, and The IORR Band on the Saturday afternoon.....................playing Rolling Stones songs.

Can't get much better than that. smileys with beer

Date: September 10, 2016 00:06

Been looking for a video of seeing what it is really like where the band are gonna be down those stairs ,and this is about the nearest thing, taken very recently. smoking smiley
[youtu.be]

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1326
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home