Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Giants Stadium 1994
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: August 20, 2016 11:22

Found this today. Video is grainy but the performance is pretty good. Filmed at Giants Stadium where I've seen the boys 3 times...Cool to hear Shattered for the first time since 1982. Also nice that they featured alot of new songs from VL. And Satisfaction was early in the set! Things hadn't become so predictable yet...
[www.youtube.com]

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-20 11:41 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Re: Giants Stadium 1994
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 20, 2016 13:12

Hillarious intro.

- Ronnie? I thought you were Ronnie.
- I gotta go.

Date: August 20, 2016 13:23

franzk
Hillarious intro.

- Ronnie? I thought you were Ronnie.
- I gotta go.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 20, 2016 14:39

From Zentgraf:
940900A September: THE ROLLING STONES.
Video ‘Live Voodoo Lounge’ (Promotour Productions). Director: Jim Gable.
Filmed live in New Jersey, Giants Stadium 14.8.94. Incl.
- Not Fade Away (Norman Petty/Charles Hardin Holly)
- Tumbling Dice (MJ/KR)
- You Got Me Rocking (MJ/KR)
- Shattered (MJ/KR)
- Rocks Off (MJ/KR)
- Sparks Will Fly (MJ/KR)
- Satisfaction (MJ/KR)
- Out Of Tears (MJ/KR)
- Miss You (MJ/KR)
- Band introduction
- Honky Tonk Women (MJ/KR)
- The Worst (MJ/KR)
- Monkey Man (MJ/KR)
- Start Me Up (MJ/KR)
- It’s Only Rock’n Roll (MJ/KR)
- Street Fighting Man (MJ/KR)
- Brown Sugar (MJ/KR)
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR)
Note: Sold exclusively at the Brockum merchandising stalls on the US tour.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: August 20, 2016 15:12

Deltics
From Zentgraf:
940900A September: THE ROLLING STONES.
Video ‘Live Voodoo Lounge’ (Promotour Productions). Director: Jim Gable.
Filmed live in New Jersey, Giants Stadium 14.8.94. Incl.
- Not Fade Away (Norman Petty/Charles Hardin Holly)
- Tumbling Dice (MJ/KR)
- You Got Me Rocking (MJ/KR)
- Shattered (MJ/KR)
- Rocks Off (MJ/KR)
- Sparks Will Fly (MJ/KR)
- Satisfaction (MJ/KR)
- Out Of Tears (MJ/KR)
- Miss You (MJ/KR)
- Band introduction
- Honky Tonk Women (MJ/KR)
- The Worst (MJ/KR)
- Monkey Man (MJ/KR)
- Start Me Up (MJ/KR)
- It’s Only Rock’n Roll (MJ/KR)
- Street Fighting Man (MJ/KR)
- Brown Sugar (MJ/KR)
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR)

Was this available as an "official" video? I never heard of it before!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: August 20, 2016 15:21

They sold this video at the show I went to in Syracuse on the Voodoo Lounge tour and I bought it. I haven't seen it in quite a long time. It is a pretty good early show from the tour although they took out a 1/2 hour's worth of tunes such as Beast of Burden, Wild Horses, All Down the Line, I Go Wild, Love Is Strong....

Date: August 20, 2016 15:25

Sighunt
They sold this video at the show I went to in Syracuse on the Voodoo Lounge tour and I bought it. I haven't seen it in quite a long time. It is a pretty good early show from the tour although they took out a 1/2 hour's worth of tunes such as Beast of Burden, Wild Horses, All Down the Line, I Go Wild, Love Is Strong....

I figured it was edited as it was pretty short. Damn, I wish they had included all those other songs...

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 20, 2016 15:25

I was there, pretty good show in a light drizzle going on at the same time as Woodstock 2. I got the video by mail order.

Date: August 20, 2016 15:34

ab
I was there, pretty good show in a light drizzle going on at the same time as Woodstock 2. I got the video by mail order.

I was bummed that I missed that show as I live in NJ. But I got to see them there on the Licks Tour and twice on Bigger Bang. It's always great to see the Stones on your home turf!

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: August 20, 2016 15:50

I have this on DVD ordered about 12 years ago from Beam Me Up Gertrude.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 20, 2016 16:07

I got this video at the merchandising stand at the Vooddo Lounge concert in Hockenheim. It is still one of my favorites. The Stones play very good. I really like Shattered, Rocks Off and Out of Tears. I like this more than the Miami concert.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 20, 2016 16:49

hockenheim95
I got this video at the merchandising stand at the Voodoo Lounge concert in Hockenheim. It is still one of my favorites. The Stones play very good. I really like Shattered, Rocks Off and Out of Tears. I like this more than the Miami concert.

Indeed. I get that the guests on the Miami show were a change of pace, but the Stones don't need the help. The acoustic set is aces, though. By contrast, the Giants Stadium vid is a night in the life of a really good band, no guests to water down their power. It would be great if they'd put out the Giants Stadium and Miami vids out as a two-fer blu-ray.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: August 20, 2016 17:01

Still got my vhs of this that I bought at the showsmileys with beer

Date: August 20, 2016 17:22

ab
hockenheim95
I got this video at the merchandising stand at the Voodoo Lounge concert in Hockenheim. It is still one of my favorites. The Stones play very good. I really like Shattered, Rocks Off and Out of Tears. I like this more than the Miami concert.

Indeed. I get that the guests on the Miami show were a change of pace, but the Stones don't need the help. The acoustic set is aces, though. By contrast, the Giants Stadium vid is a night in the life of a really good band, no guests to water down their power. It would be great if they'd put out the Giants Stadium and Miami vids out as a two-fer blu-ray.

+1 smileys with beer

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: August 20, 2016 17:39

Regarding this show, there is a complete SOUNDBOARD CD set of this Giants Stadium concert entitled Welcome to the Voodoo Lounge on Godfather records. It's very good.

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: August 20, 2016 17:58

Deltics

It was also sold during the 1995 European Tour.

BTW the gig on the next day was much better.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 20, 2016 18:20

HonkeyTonkFlash
Found this today. Video is grainy but the performance is pretty good. Filmed at Giants Stadium where I've seen the boys 3 times...Cool to hear Shattered for the first time since 1982. Also nice that they featured alot of new songs from VL. And Satisfaction was early in the set! Things hadn't become so predictable yet...
[www.youtube.com]

My favorite version of Shattered.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 20, 2016 18:38

I saw the first three of the four they did in Jersey in 94; three of the weakest stones shows I have seen. Friends saw the fourth, in the rain , and said it kicked the shit out of the first three

I saw them again in Philadelphia a few weeks later, in pouring rain; a smoking hot show. Like they were on fire to compensate for what the crowd was going through in the rain.

That was my only experience with rain shows but I believe there are other examples.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 20, 2016 18:51

OK

Date: August 20, 2016 19:21

Does anyone know of any good boots from Giants Stadium on the Licks or Bigger Bang tours?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 20, 2016 22:07

Bought the VHS at the Vancouver show. At the time, I remember thinking maybe I should skip it because it'll be sold in stores eventually. Good thing I bought it!
Haven't watched it in years but I liked Sparks Will Fly on it. If I recall, they screwed up on Street Fighting Man, I think Mick forgot to come in after the guitar solo.

Date: August 20, 2016 22:57

Yeah, there was a little train wreck in Street Fighting Man.

Date: August 21, 2016 00:30

Oh my... in that messy Street Fighting Man, which is brilliantly bad, I mean, like, you know, how come no one has started a thread about Mick's abuse of Ronnie? I mean, like, he, like, SHOVED Ronnie at the end of SFM... 1:12:41.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: August 21, 2016 01:21

I bought this vhs via mtv which did a special show selling Stones merchandise from the show I wish I still had it, or rather a dvd of it. So,e of my favorite versions at that show. Loved Sparks Will Fly from it. Later had a boot of that video on cd. Lost it all over the years/ moving.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: August 21, 2016 03:34

I bought this video at the Cincinnati show on 30th August I think... Seems like a quick turn-around for a shoot on the 14th. I saw them in Vegas and Pasadena after that, but doubt if I bought it there as I was on vacation and those kinda souvenirs I hate to travel home with, in case of trouble on the flight, etc...

I found a good mp3 of Can't Get Next to You from NJ... That number alone kicked my arse in Indianapolis! One of their best covers imho...

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: August 28, 2016 02:51

Great gig.., 1st time I'd taken Pam to New
York, flew over for a long weekend on Concorde courtesy of BA miles, stayed opposite Madison Square Garden at hotel Pennsylvania (it's just the same !). Fantastic weekend. Lived the dream, as I always say to anybody who'll listen, the best thing you can do with money is to buy memories.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Toxic34 ()
Date: August 28, 2016 18:49

What are the odds that we'll get a DVD/Blu-ray release of the complete show as part of the From The Vaults series? I also ask the same question of the Miami show, as well as the 1997 St. Louis show.

Date: August 29, 2016 01:53

That would be great. But will they leave the screw-ups?!!!?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 29, 2016 07:12

chriseganstar
Great gig.., 1st time I'd taken Pam to New
York, flew over for a long weekend on Concorde courtesy of BA miles, stayed opposite Madison Square Garden at hotel Pennsylvania (it's just the same !). Fantastic weekend. Lived the dream, as I always say to anybody who'll listen, the best thing you can do with money is to buy memories.

Pam's a lucky lady.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 29, 2016 13:31

When they were selling this at the shows on the VL tour how much were they charging for it ?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1082
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home