Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Crossfire Hurricane - late, late problems with it.
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 11, 2016 18:08

When this thing came out I read reviews and concluded that it was a waste of time.

People that had never seen anything pre-CROSSFIRE HURRICANE watched it and loved it.

That's who it's for. It's not for fans, real fans, it's for casual fans or simply people that can remember Paint It Black more than anything post-1981.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: August 11, 2016 21:03

All you need is the "let iT bleed" Docu.Best Stones Docu ever!!! More than 180 min.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 11, 2016 23:14

Havo
All you need is the "let It Bleed" Docu.Best Stones Docu ever!!! More than 180 min.

Is it the one that was on Arte? Yeah it was quite good. thumbs up

Posted by: Toxic34 ()
Date: August 12, 2016 02:01

Does anyone know where I can find the Let It Bleed doc? I've seen the special download link on the forum, of course, but I'm not versed in burning DVDs or ripping them. I checked iOffer, since there's a VHS-rip DVD made for 25x5 on sale on that site. But no Let It Bleed. Id'd like to have. It's bound to better than that 5 DVD For The Record which had no songs!

P.S. I like Crossfire Hurricane, but I would've liked it if it had covered everything up to 2012. Maybe a film focusing on the period of Tattoo You onwards will be made someday.

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: August 12, 2016 04:43

Brett Morgen is a hack. His cobain documentary is terrible also.

Posted by: Toxic34 ()
Date: August 12, 2016 19:10

keefgotsoul

Montage of Heck is a great documentary. If you were expecting the Nirvana story, well, it was never meant to be that. It's about Kurt and Kurt alone, after all. Plus, Dave Grohl has talked about things so much, he'd have absolutely nothing new to add.

For those who think that the film is "Courtney-influenced", it simply isn't true. The whole idea did start with Courtney showing Morgen all of Kurt's things, and said "Just make something to show us Kurt as he was." Morgen stated repeatedly that Courtney had no real involvement besides her interview. Even when Frances took over Kurt's estate, she had no real involvement either. Morgen was trusted completely.

And don't listen to @#$%& Buzz Osborne. He's clearly speaking out just to get attention and is just bitter that Nirvana overtook the Melvins in influence and visibility. While it's true Kurt might often say things to get a rise out of others, why should Buzz be different. How can we reasonably think that Buzz was the confidante that Kurt would reveal all to and not speak these things (if he said them) as getting a rise out of him too? They hardly interacted with each other after all.

The big thing to remember is that the film was meant to basically view the world as Kurt saw it and how he viewed himself. Of course the film was never going to be a "typical" documentary. The film is wonderful, it shatters many of the known mythologies (especially those Kurt started himself), and it gives people a better view of the man.

P.S. Do you know where I can find an already-made DVD copy of the Let It Bleed doc?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 12, 2016 22:09

Toxic34
P.S. Do you know where I can find an already-made DVD copy of the Let It Bleed doc?

You can post a request on the "buy/sell/trade" forum (aka Hot Stuff).
The simplest thing would probably be for you to download it from someone,
put it on a pen drive and take it to some computer service to burn it for you.

But if you really really really have to have it on discs,
it's a good idea to tell people right away what country you live in
so they know if they're getting involved an international postage scenario.
Good luck!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 12, 2016 22:25

with sssoul
Toxic34

From the Stonesvault: "DVD DoRo 2002 - RS LIB 3DVD" - [www.iorr.org] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-13 11:20 by Irix.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: August 13, 2016 08:04

Irix
with sssoul
Toxic34

DVD 2002 - Let it bleed - 40 years RS - 3DVD -- it's already in the Stonesvault: [www.iorr.org] .

links are dead

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 13, 2016 12:00

alieb

links are dead

Error corrected: [www.iorr.org] .

German version of the LIB-Documentary (3 MPEG-1 files, re-upload from [www.iorr.org]):
Part 1: [we.tl] , Part 2: [we.tl] , Part 3: [we.tl] .

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: August 13, 2016 20:21

Toxic34
keefgotsoul

Montage of Heck is a great documentary. If you were expecting the Nirvana story, well, it was never meant to be that. It's about Kurt and Kurt alone, after all. Plus, Dave Grohl has talked about things so much, he'd have absolutely nothing new to add.

For those who think that the film is "Courtney-influenced", it simply isn't true. The whole idea did start with Courtney showing Morgen all of Kurt's things, and said "Just make something to show us Kurt as he was." Morgen stated repeatedly that Courtney had no real involvement besides her interview. Even when Frances took over Kurt's estate, she had no real involvement either. Morgen was trusted completely.

And don't listen to @#$%& Buzz Osborne. He's clearly speaking out just to get attention and is just bitter that Nirvana overtook the Melvins in influence and visibility. While it's true Kurt might often say things to get a rise out of others, why should Buzz be different. How can we reasonably think that Buzz was the confidante that Kurt would reveal all to and not speak these things (if he said them) as getting a rise out of him too? They hardly interacted with each other after all.

The big thing to remember is that the film was meant to basically view the world as Kurt saw it and how he viewed himself. Of course the film was never going to be a "typical" documentary. The film is wonderful, it shatters many of the known mythologies (especially those Kurt started himself), and it gives people a better view of the man.

No, it was a garbage documentary and I felt that way before Buzz commented on it. Brett relied on mostly home movies that were boring and creepy. He interviewed about 6 people. None of whom were Kurt's actual friends, with the exception of Krist. You honestly don't think it was in any way Courtney influenced? Haha, right. It doesn't shatter any mythologies or give a better view of the man. In fact I doubt that Brett even had much to do with actually making the film. It's a hack job by a hack.

Date: August 13, 2016 20:50

I suppose it's partially due to thinking they're the best available but it seems like all one would need is GIMME SHELTER and 25X5. Anything after that, well, FOUR FLICKS would suffice.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 13, 2016 21:02

Toxic34

I'd be more than glad to burn you a copy and send it by mail to you, but unfortunately my DVD burner it's not working. Don't you have a friend or relative who could do that for you?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 13, 2016 21:17

GasLightStreet
I suppose it's partially due to thinking they're the best available but it seems like all one would need is GIMME SHELTER and 25X5. Anything after that, well, FOUR FLICKS would suffice.

I'd add Charlie Is My Darling in to that, Stones In The Park too as it's such an important moment in stones history.

Date: August 13, 2016 22:58

Was Hyde Park covered in 25X5? I can't remember.

I've yet to see CHARLIE IS MY DARLING. I've got it on my list.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 14, 2016 02:11

GasLightStreet

Yup.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: August 14, 2016 08:18

Irix
alieb

links are dead

Error corrected: [www.iorr.org] .

German version of the LIB-Documentary (3 MPEG-1 files, re-upload from [www.iorr.org]):
Part 1: [we.tl] , Part 2: [we.tl] , Part 3: [we.tl] .

Thanks! Excited to watch.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 14, 2016 19:28

GasLightStreet

I've yet to see CHARLIE IS MY DARLING. I've got it on my list.

move it to the top of the list! a great snapshot of 1965.

Date: August 18, 2016 03:30

Just seems like a wasted opportunity. Perhaps as the title sort of suggests it should cover their very creative period.

Date: August 31, 2016 05:16

Cristiano Radtke
JumpingKentFlash
Cristiano Radtke
Perhaps I'm confusing things, but there was some talks about the plans of a second part being released, iirc.

I think that was a wish from the fan community. Jagger said "We can always make #2", but as always nothing came of it.
It's not a bad docu, but it still left a lot to be desired. Where was Stu? One thing I really hated was how Brett Morgan tried to make it seem like the interviews were done on the eve of their 50th anniversary.

I'm almost sure I read that on an article some years ago, but maybe you're right.

My memory is still serving me well, because I actually read that. grinning smiley I just found this NME article, where Ronnie says:

"But I regard that film as Part One. There's going to be a Part Two too. Poor old Brett (Morgen, director), most of the stuff was on the editing floor to go through. There's still loads to do on the second movie and only a little time to do it in."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 31, 2016 06:17

Morgan conducted a total of 90 hours of interviews with the
The Stones ...Bill Wyman & Taylor ....... hmmmmmmmmmm would lurv ta hear it all

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 31, 2016 06:36

25x5 was the penultimate band documentary as was gimme shelter for a show and one plus one for a song. This ones just ok.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-01 08:19 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 31, 2016 14:25

treaclefingers
25x5 was the penultimate band documentary as was gimme shelter for a show and one plus one for a song.

Since penultimate means second-to-last, I guess ... well, upon analysis I guess I don't know what you mean.
Just checking to see if anyone's paying attention? :E

Date: August 13, 2018 19:58

Brett Morgen spent 85 hours with The Rolling Stones

Brett Morgen discusses the rare personal access he received to Mick Jagger & Keith Richards while making The Rolling Stones’ documentary ‘Crossfire Hell Hurricane’.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: August 13, 2018 20:41

The one circa "bigger bang" with the blimp that I saw on Arte is by far the best... Where can we find it....

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 13, 2018 21:23

Toxic34
keefgotsoul

I found this site selling Let if Bleed on DVD Let it Bleed Documentary

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: August 13, 2018 22:19

USA only....

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: August 14, 2018 00:37

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-14 08:10 by Tonstone.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 14, 2018 00:37

Looks like they'll ship Internationally also - but without the case:

Rolling Stones Let it Bleed 40 Year Documentary on DVD

This region-free DVD-R is in NTSC format and will play on most Gaming consoles and DVD Players made since 2000, and comes in a FULL SIZE DVD case (US orders only), with cover art and track listing.

US First class shipping is FREE! US Priority shipping on this item is $5.00. International shipping is now FREE for just the COVER INSERT AND DISK. NO hard case is shipped for international orders. This is due to drastic increases in postage costs for anything that requires a customs form. Disk and cover can be shipped as a letter and should be delivered without customs inspection delays.

Credit card payment or Money order ships in the next shipment within 2-3 days. Currently shipping orders 3 times a week.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 14, 2018 11:47

According to the imdb site:

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS
Sherry Daly, Jane Rose, Joyce Smith (RS Inc)
Eagle Rock Entertainment
Keith, Ronnie, Charlie

PRODUCERS:
Mick Jagger
Morgan Neville
Victoria Pearman (Jagged Films)

Pretty certain that Mick will have had plenty of influence on the film and final cut.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2093
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home