Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Re-Visiting Goats Head Soup
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 7, 2016 15:25

boogaloojef
HMS
At least GHS is not as long as EOMS.
They should have shelved it and later combined the best 4 tracks with the best songs of IORR, that may had led to a decent album with some moments of greatness.

I would argue that the best tracks from Emotional Rescue should have been combined with the best tracks from the Some Girls bonus disc to make a decent album.

Full support from my side for your suggestion.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 7, 2016 15:30

boogaloojef
HMS
They should have shelved it and later combined the best 4 tracks with the best songs of IORR, that may had led to a decent album with some moments of greatness.

I would argue that the best tracks from Emotional Rescue should have been combined with the best tracks from the Some Girls bonus disc to make a decent album.

Not the right thread for it. But at what EMOTIONAL RESCUE was set out to be, it is perfect from my point of view. One out of approximately 12 great Rolling Stones albums. And as much I appreciate GOATS HEAD SOUP, even it is not among those twelve.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 7, 2016 18:17

Witness
What would have been lost thereby, HMS, judged from one view point and one taste ( those of mine, but probably to others, too), is not only a couple of the best songs of GOATS HEAD SOUP (and one from IORR as well), but the unique unified feel of GOATS HEAD SOUP and the capture of the magic lethargic state of mind of one long moment. Because GOATS HEAD SOUP is not a collection of songs only, but vitally an entity, where the entity also is on par with the album's best songs. This album is somehow more important than how good it ended up.

Remember, HMS' idea of a "unique unified feel" is something with Skittles vomit for an album cover. You're talking way over his head here.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: August 7, 2016 19:26

Witness
boogaloojef
HMS

Not the right thread for it. But at what EMOTIONAL RESCUE was set out to be, it is perfect from my point of view. One out of approximately 12 great Rolling Stones albums. And as much I appreciate GOATS HEAD SOUP, even it is not among those twelve.[/quote

IMHO Emotional Rescue was their worst studio album to that point in time.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 7, 2016 20:34

GasLightStreet
Remember, HMS' idea of a "unique unified feel" is something with Skittles vomit for an album cover. You're talking way over his head here.

I dont care much for a "unique unified feel" - I prefer a string of good solid songs that are enjoyable. Btw, almost every Stones-album has that "unique unified feel", at least production-wise. Each album has its own recognizable sound, be it SG, TSMR, SF, ABB, Undercover or glorious DW.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 7, 2016 21:41

boogaloojef
Witness
boogaloojef
HMS

Not the right thread for it. But at what EMOTIONAL RESCUE was set out to be, it is perfect from my point of view. One out of approximately 12 great Rolling Stones albums. And as much I appreciate GOATS HEAD SOUP, even it is not among those twelve.

IMHO Emotional Rescue was their worst studio album to that point in time.

The quotes were obviously to be like this. The last sentence above was not from me, but from boogaloojef.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 7, 2016 21:47

HMS
GasLightStreet

I dont care much for a "unique unified feel" - I prefer a string of good solid songs that are enjoyable. Btw, almost every Stones-album has that "unique unified feel", at least production-wise. Each album has its own recognizable sound, be it SG, TSMR, SF, ABB, Undercover or glorious DW.

Fortunately you say you don't care for it and then you state that "almost every Stones" album has it, even though in the instance of the last one you mentioned, a "unified unique feel" of being horrible is the case.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home