Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
A song that you hated, but now you like
Posted by: Bone Machine ()
Date: August 28, 2005 05:50

Are there any Stones songs that you hated when it first came out, but now you just love?

For me it's "Hot Stuff"

Re: A song that you hated, but now you like
Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: August 28, 2005 05:54

Yeah, I posted this in another thread but when "Exile on Main Street" came out I did not care for "Let it Loose" but now I love it. I find a lot of songs have really grown on me over the last few years especially from "Black and Blue"

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: August 28, 2005 05:55

i did not like shine a light until i heard the stripped album now the exile version is awesome

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: August 28, 2005 05:56

I "hate" still Hot Stuff ! (OK, just don't like it)

My answer to your question, believe it or not, is Monkey Man!! When i was young...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 28, 2005 06:10

All About You

Theres a lot of songs that when I first bought them I didnt care for them at all (although I wouldnt say I 'hated' them), which I now think are brilliant

I never really thought Everything is Turning to Gold or If I Was a Dancer were particularly good until they reissued Sucking in the 70's a few months ago.

Similarly, when Tattoo You came out, the two songs I skipped the most were "Slave" and "No Use In Crying". "Slave" would now probably be in my top ten Stones tracks ever. Id now listen to side 2 of the album much more than side 1 - which wouldnt have been the case several years ago

Lots of others have grown on me through the years - Feel On Baby, Dance, Coming Down Again, Hot stuff, 2000 Man to name but a few..

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: August 28, 2005 06:13

no use in crying is @#$%& great

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: August 28, 2005 06:17

um....a bit embarrassed to say given the hatred of it here, but listened to B2B today and it's...Might as Well Get Juiced...there's a great blues song under the technology there

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 28, 2005 06:21

stonedmike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no use in crying is @#$%& great

isnt it?

Pity they never played it live. Imagine Mick and Keith 'round the same mike wailing away on that chorus...

Date: August 28, 2005 07:13

Undercover

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 28, 2005 07:46

O.K. no one faint........ but i have never really dug "I got the blues"

i just can't get inot it at all

that and "fool to cry"

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Date: August 28, 2005 08:27

Moon Is Up + Juiced until I heard the live version,same thing with Blinded By Love.

Posted by: Josh2131 ()
Date: August 28, 2005 10:25

No Use In Crying is amazing. I used to hate All About You, but now I like it.

now for the embarissing part:

I first heard sticky fingers before i was really into the Blues at all, before I was into the Stones really. but now i LOVE IT. Such a killer album, i esp. love the non-hits.

Josh

np: "old love" - john mayer (great version!)

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: August 28, 2005 11:19

Sweet Neocon. No, but I could say Streets of love, not that i Love it but the way Mick sings the "Ah-ah-I..." part.
Winter, theres one. I never cared for it and now I love it. Little red rooster, same there. Never liked it now i Love it.

Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: August 28, 2005 11:24

Fingerprint file for me.. I´ve always hade a hard time getting inte the Stones funknumbers.. but this one is really a great song to jam to.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: August 28, 2005 11:27

Not hate but It's Only Rock'n Roll and If You Can't Rock Me are two songs that I found were kind of average Stones-songs but not more before you heard them live.
But I think both are much more better live nowadays than the studio-original.

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: August 28, 2005 11:32

No Use In Crying is a sleeping beauty if you ask me... What a great mysterious tune that is. That beat, that rythem... and Mick sings it in a way only that he can do it.

The song I never really got into was Live With Me (yeah it's serious)... I listened to it all the time, because I never skip a song of LIB. Nowadays I think it's a rickety rocker!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 28, 2005 12:08

Always hated Melody 'til a year ago when I played Black and Blue and didn't skip Melody... I just loved it.
Now I only have to skip Cherry oh Baby.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 28, 2005 13:41

"Time waits for no One". Used to always argue with my friend about the two "epic" tracks on the album. I was in favor of Fingerporint and he was for TWFNO. Now of xcourse I love it. Hopkins and Tay,lor...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 28, 2005 18:05

BowieStone, I agree, COB has to be the worst Stones song ever. Yeah, I know its a cover.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 28, 2005 18:07

Beast of Burden

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: August 28, 2005 18:29

Sad, Sad, Sad.............never liked it until I heard the version on Palias Royale.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 28, 2005 18:36

Can't say I' ve ever gone from hate to like; I've gone from "indifferent" to like, though:

All the Way Down
Suck on the Jugular
Almost Hear You Sigh

...just as a few examples. There aren't many songs I hate - but there's usually a darn good reason that I do - SOL being the obvious latest whipping boy.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: August 28, 2005 18:47

At one time I didn't particularly care for Hand Of Fate but now I like it. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby? and Blinded By Love have now become listenable as well. lol

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: August 29, 2005 08:02

Hey 4tylix:

No need to apologize for recognizing the greatness in "Might As Well Get Juiced." What a great, nasty clausterphobic tune...neo-"Exile."

A tune that I completely ignored and now love for its atmosphere and feel: "Hide Your Love" from "Goat's Head." It actually reminds me a bit of "Just Wanna See His Face."

A tune that I always disliked and now love for the vocal: "Fool To Cry."

A tune that I will never, ever stop hating: "Rock And A Hard Place."

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 30, 2005 14:43

I don't really hate "Melody" even if it is probably the Stones track that I regularly least prefer.(I don't take Metamorphosis tracks into consideration, but I do not hate any of those.)

However, I remember the distant time period when I had started to like some Rolling Stones music very much, as much as the band was comparatively new to me, but had not yet grown into uncompromisingly loving the tracks of theirs that I especially liked, (or the band as a band, as I was not into loving bands), and, apart from that, did not at once fully like absolutely all of Rolling Stones music. At this time there was one track that was too much for me to take, and I might say that in a way I virtually hated it for some duration. I could not stand it. I don't remember how soon this changed. Now (and for so many years back) I do appreciate it even it's not their very best from that time. This track was, as much as it is, "Empty Heart". That is, it belongs to the very early EP-stuff ("Five By Five") that I obtained on the precious German(?) Decca compilation "Around And Around".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-30 14:45 by Witness.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 30, 2005 16:22

Shattered.....when this came out in 78 I had an 8-track recorder.....I left this song off of the 8-track I made for my 73 Duster.....something right out of the 70's show. I just thought the track was crap. It is now one of my favorite songs.....glad to hear it back in the set list. Tatters.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: August 30, 2005 17:54

'You Don't Have To Mean It' was really hard for me to get into, until about a year ago. As a naive Stones fan when Bridges to Babylon came out, Keith's songs were weird to me b/c I was used to Mick's voice and not his. But then after I bought a few more Stones cds I realized that I liked Keith's stuff too.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 1, 2005 08:48

I didn't hate the song, but never realized what a monster it is for them live until the Voodoo Lounge Tour: Not Fade Away.

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: September 1, 2005 09:02

Gunface

Winter

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 2, 2005 02:04

She Was Hot.
Just heard for the first time in 22 years.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home