Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 23 of 24
Re: The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé! : A Trip Across Latin America
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 7, 2017 09:04

exilestones
ironbelly

You already posted 7 and 10 bonus tracks above. There will be no complete songs in the movie, as far as I remember. Only Country Honk performed by Mick and Keith backstage.

Country Honk is my favorite part of Ole'!

I was hoping what we had so far was only a teaser. I guess not since we know the length of the upcoming release. It's strange to me that Ole' was released on TV before it was available to buy.

Thanks for your help.
Ole was a bonus disc in Japanese Ward Deluxe release of Havana Moon. So TV recording was not the only source winking smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 25, 2017 15:59

Are Blu-Rays not region free? I had thought when they first came out that they were region free. Have they been amended to now be region specific? Thanks for the insight.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 25, 2017 17:45

VoodooLounge13

Are Blu-Rays not region free?

No, they're not Region-free in general. Normally they have a Region-Code A,B or C but they can also be Region-free if it's permitted by the content provider.

Blu-ray Region-Code - see: [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Date: April 26, 2017 00:24

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Are Blu-Rays not region free?

No, they're not Region-free in general. Normally they have a Region-Code A,B or C but they can also be Region-free if it's permitted by the content provider.

Blu-ray Region-Code - see: [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Thanks Irix. So unless I have a region-free player, chances are, I can't play the Japanese only version of Ole. That stinks.

Date: April 26, 2017 01:05

VoodooLounge13

So unless I have a region-free player, chances are, I can't play the Japanese only version of Ole.

Maybe you have luck:

For the Blu-ray says [www.CDJapan.co.jp] 'Region A' (which is among others America + Japan) while Amazon.co.jp says it's Region free.

According to [www.CDJapan.co.jp] and Amazon.co.jp the DVD has Region Code 2 which is among others Europe + Japan.

Date: April 26, 2017 21:33

Oh cool! That will work then! Now I just need to sort thru this all to find out what the bonus material on Havana Moon is! Thanks again Irix.

Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: April 28, 2017 18:07

Has anyone heard something about a cinema screening in Europe ahead of the Blu ray/DVD release?

Date: April 28, 2017 22:00

VOODOOSEBI

Has anyone heard something about a cinema screening in Europe ahead of the Blu ray/DVD release?

I had the same thought a while ago: [iorr.org] .

There was a cinema screening in Germany (planned) on 30-Mar-2017: [www.Filmstarts.de] , [www.Kino.de] , [www.Kino-Zeit.de] as well as UCI-Kinowelt.

Date: April 28, 2017 22:15

VoodooLounge13

Now I just need to sort thru this all to find out what the bonus material on Havana Moon is!

The Bonus-material on Havana Moon is the rest of the Concert itself:

The Japanese Editions had no additional Japan-exclusive Tracks -- the Bonus was this time the first release of 'Olé Olé Olé!: A Trip Across Latin America' on 28-Oct-2016 only in Japan.

Date: April 29, 2017 02:22

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Now I just need to sort thru this all to find out what the bonus material on Havana Moon is!

The Bonus-material on Havana Moon is the rest of the Concert itself:

The Japanese Editions had no additional Japan-exclusive Tracks -- the Bonus was this time the first release of 'Olé Olé Olé!: A Trip Across Latin America' on 28-Oct-2016 only in Japan.

Once again, Irix, thank you! Good to see I don't have to go tracking down this one in Japan for once! Been spending a fortune of late trying to get caught back up!

Posted by: fuwa ()
Date: May 17, 2017 01:15

Just played the Japanese ole ole bluray. The documentary is OK but there are no English subtitles when Spanish is spoken, only Japanese. My big disappointment is with the bonus disc that I paid extra for to get the 10 bonus songs. The volume level is way too low. I have to turn it up 10 dbs to sound normal. The problem is that the menu is normal volume so that when you get to the end menu the sound blasts out at you. At this price I was expecting better. Also the Miss You version is the worst I have heard of this song. Havana Moon is much better and even better are the Totally Stripped versions.

Hopefully the English edition will be better but then you only get 7 bonus songs.
After watching this bluray I believe Havana Moon is all you need from this Latin tour.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 17, 2017 17:14

Interesting - but saddening - comments on the Japanese release 'fuwa'. I just received mine, and it's a nice looking package - have not played it yet though.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 17, 2017 19:22

Got mine Monday, that's very quick!
I remember that the Olé blu ray from the Havana Moon box had also very bad sound, the music was very low in the mix. I thought it was just my television.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 18, 2017 00:38

I played the bonus tracks this evening.
Great recordings, but -indeed- a very low soundmix. Normally the sound volume on my television is 18-25 to have a good sound, now I had the volume at 51 to have a normal volume. That's crazy!

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 20, 2017 18:41

I played the Ole Japanese blu-ray bonus songs last night. I didn't notice any particular volume issues. Wish there was a CD of the 10 tracks. The version of Rambler is outstanding. (Drags a bit on the audience part, but otherwise just a very cool rhythm, and the end part totally rocks). THe JJF and SFM bonus songs (and WH) maDE it worth the extra $ for me.

Posted by: fuwa ()
Date: May 21, 2017 22:16

No volume issues? Going from the menu on the bonus disc to the program there is not a dramatic decrease in volume and then a dramatic increase in volume going from the end of the program back to the menu? I would like to know if others have experienced a low volume level on the bonus tracks disc. This is an expensive item for those extra bonus tracks and one would expect a quality uniform volume level. The disc one documentary and menus had the same volume level.

Looking back this seems like an unnecessary purchase as JJF and SFM are on the Havana Moon bluray. I should have stuck with the standard release of 7 bonus tracks and saved the money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-21 22:24 by fuwa.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 22, 2017 04:53

fuwa

Looking back this seems like an unnecessary purchase as JJF and SFM are on the Havana Moon bluray. I should have stuck with the standard release of 7 bonus tracks and saved the money.

JJF in Chile is outstanding, very emotive and in excelent performance, you must to see it, SFM and WH in Mexico has an excellent performance, for me the Mexico shows give more than Havana where they must to smile for the cameras.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 22, 2017 22:16

rogerriffin
fuwa

JJF in Chile is outstanding, very emotive and in excelent performance, you must to see it, SFM and WH in Mexico has an excellent performance, for me the Mexico shows give more than Havana where they must to smile for the cameras.

I do not understand why we don't get one release for the world? Why add three tunes in Japan only?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 23, 2017 02:54

midimannz
rogerriffin
fuwa

I do not understand why we don't get one release for the world? Why add three tunes in Japan only?

Imagine me as mexican the japan version is a must...

The international version is 25, i must to bought the japan versión with shirt for 100 in amazon.jp.

Hope someone can share the Bluray rip for all non—must to have stones fans...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 21, 2017 20:12

This movie will be screened in Mexico:

[cinepolis.com]

Date: February 7, 2018 15:50

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: February 8, 2018 00:55

This was a great movie

Ole Ole Ole on TV tonight
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: August 4, 2018 16:41

On British TV, More 4 at 11.10

Rolling Stones trip across Latin America early 2016

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-04 16:42 by pgarof.

Re: Ole Ole Ole on TV tonight
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 4, 2018 23:31

Havana Moon CUBA
on right now
USA AXS TV

Re: Ole Ole Ole on TV tonight
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 5, 2018 00:37

I do not remember (I own Havana Moon)
after ‘Brown Sugar’
is the song ‘Loving Cup’ as a background song watching clips
as the 4 Rolling Stones
speak heartfelt about each other.
Thank you.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 24, 2019 13:00

the film just started showing on netflix. watching it now. interesting. wish they would've paid for english subtitles for the parts where they are talking to fans down there.

Date: March 24, 2019 20:19

crholmstrom
the film just started showing on netflix. watching it now. interesting. wish they would've paid for english subtitles for the parts where they are talking to fans down there.

To me this is one of the best Stones documentaries ever released. It's a shame it's not being show with english subtitles on Netflix.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: March 24, 2019 22:32

It’s on Netflix watching right now

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 25, 2019 00:32

Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 25, 2019 02:43

Cristiano Radtke
crholmstrom

To me this is one of the best Stones documentaries ever released. It's a shame it's not being show with english subtitles on Netflix.

You can read the English subtitles on Netflix is you go to menu and choose English close-caption (cc).. I did this last night for all the Spanish-speaking parts.. You have to also see all the English bits in subtitles too tho..

Agree, one my favorite documentaries of the Stones, I was surprised, thought it might even be boring but gonna watch again tonight

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 23 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2033
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home