Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 24
Re: The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé! : A Trip Across Latin America
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: December 13, 2016 16:33

Same here Tony - it started late, and I didn't realize there were 2 extra songs after the credits. (From Havana Moon you suppose?) And I was in a hurry to catch the end of the Patriots game. ;-) Can't wait for (hopefully) the DVD - with lots extras would be good too!

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: December 13, 2016 16:36

I should add that I did enjoy what I did see. No need for me to review it as I think jahisnotdead nailed it.

Date: December 13, 2016 16:56

One can always find faults with most anything I suppose. I DO agree with his comment about the rest of the touring band being completely skipped over.

Posted by: laf848 ()
Date: December 13, 2016 17:21

There were about 30 people at the movie in New Jersey. I missed the 2 songs after the credits, Bummer.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: December 13, 2016 17:35

jlowe

Enjoyable film, I agree with the above review though. Several closeups of other band members but no mention of them. Got a real sense of the exitement in these huge venues, of the love their fans have for them. The 2 full songs at the end were a treat. But I enjoyed it, would buy the dvd to see it again. Probably 50 people in theater.

Only 50 people? Whats the capacity?
People missed a treat. Its one of my favourite Stones movies, certainly more enjoyable than their pure concert films.

It was showing in 3 theaters in San Diego. Theater capacity was probably 250 in the one we were in, one of the smaller ones in the multiplex.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: December 13, 2016 17:40

jlowe

Enjoyable film, I agree with the above review though. Several closeups of other band members but no mention of them. Got a real sense of the exitement in these huge venues, of the love their fans have for them. The 2 full songs at the end were a treat. But I enjoyed it, would buy the dvd to see it again. Probably 50 people in theater.

Only 50 people? Whats the capacity?
People missed a treat. Its one of my favourite Stones movies, certainly more enjoyable than their pure concert films.

It was showing in 3 theaters in San Diego. Theater capacity was maybe 250 people in the one we were in. It was one of the smaller theaters in the multiplex we were in. Maybe being in a large shopping center 2 weeks before Christmas kept people away from that location. Sorry for the duplication, 1st post didn't seem to post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-13 17:43 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: December 13, 2016 17:46

This is a GREAT film!

-Loved all the crowd concert shots
-You really had the feeling of being at the various concert venues
-Great cinematography - plenty of long shots of each city/country
-Loved how the Havana concert preparation was woven throughout the film
-The Stones intro to film itself was such a treat!
-The LatAm fans are fantastic - the energy level for these shows was absolutely amazing
-When we arrived at the theater they were BLASTING 'Blue & Lonesome' - the audience LOVED IT. Turn it Up, indeed!!

Such a great time!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 13, 2016 17:58

Loved it. Great shots of The Stones in the rain!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 13, 2016 18:31

laf848
There were about 30 people at the movie in New Jersey. I missed the 2 songs after the credits, Bummer.

The film was shown on UK's Channel 4 TV.

I actually don't remember any songs AFTER the (very extensive credits).
Also, just before the end of the film you see some children playing around throwing stones into the sea.....one of the shots reminds me of a very early shot of Keith (cigarette in mouth, I recall) carving a design into the sand.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 13, 2016 18:38

So what were the two extra songs. JJF and GS?

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: December 13, 2016 18:45

Out of Control and Paint it Black

Yeah, there are plenty of other songs I would have rather seen, but oh well.

Still, good fun - for those who remained AFTER the credits!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 13, 2016 20:35

jlowe

The two songs were a Bonus for the US-Cinema:

"This event also features an exclusive introduction from the band and two full-length bonus performances from the Argentinian tour dates." -- [www.rollingstones.com] .

Therefore also the extended runtime 2h:5mins instead of 1h:40mins.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 13, 2016 20:47

Irix
jlowe

The two songs were a Bonus for the US-Cinema:

"This event also features an exclusive introduction from the band and two full-length bonus performances from the Argentinian tour dates." -- [www.rollingstones.com] .

Therefore also the extended runtime 2h:5mins instead of 1h:40mins.

From the pics I've seen on internet it looked to me it was the same interview that was screened before Havana Moon, but I might be wrong.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: December 13, 2016 21:02

Out of town in Greenville, SC. There were a whopping 11 people in the theater. At least that's better than when they showed The Who @ Hyde Park. All of 3 for that one.

The movie was interesting, but the volume was terrible. Used a decibel app on my iPhone to measure the level. Averaged mid-60's, which equates to "normal conversation". The only time it cracked 80dB was for a brief moment when the fireworks went off. Complained, and they said they would do something, but didn't. Guess I'll wait for the disc to come out. :-( Hope is was louder in other theaters.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: December 13, 2016 21:30

Saw it last night in Denver- Loved it. The Buenos Aires footage brought back so many good memories and they did a great job explaining the cultural phenomenon of Stones fans in Argentina.

My biggest take away is that in 2016, the Rolling Stones are all about bringing and spreading joy around the world with their music and energy. These are guys in their 70's- they're no longer dangerous, they're more or less sober, they all have grandkids but the joy.... for the band and fans alike. It's palpable. When people bitch about ticket prices or stale set lists, I'd point them to this movie. I got goose bumps a few times last night. A Stones show these days is a celebration. A celebration and culmination of the world's greatest rock and roll band 50 plus years into their trip. A celebration between the band and their fans, playing the songs that made them what they are. A Stones show in the States these days is almost more about bragging rights that you were there verses the crowds in Latin America. These people packed huge stadiums and were having the time of their lives. Again, it was this joyous celebration- for the crowds and the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-13 21:34 by Gaetzi.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 13, 2016 22:41

GJV
Everyone in Belgium and The Netherlands:

Olé, olé, olé! is aired on Belgian 2 television on Friday december 23 at 23.10 - 00.40!

Have fun!

THANKS GJV!!!

That will be a great start of the X-mas weekend with the family!!!

I have already seen it, but Friday dec. 23 I'm gonna spread the Olé Olé Olé words like a disease...

Can't Stop It!!!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out smileys with beer

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: December 13, 2016 23:34

I thought it was better than jah's review...to me, it was a great window into South America and the passion the fans have for the Stones..If I had wanted a film focusing more on the music, I'd have waited to see the Havana movie/concert..i got what I was hoping for with this one..highly recommend it and it was nice hearing the new cd playing before the film began..

Date: December 14, 2016 02:22

I like Gaetzi's comments. Yeah - the movie really shows how in S. America the Stones are so much more than just 'a concert.' It's like they represent Freedom and the fans appreciate seeing them SO much more. I found the film, and Havama Moon, quite emotional.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: December 14, 2016 04:52

"The biggest failing of the film in my opinion is the total exclusion of the other members of the touring band."

I think this is the first time anyone on this board has asked for more Chuck!
winking smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 14, 2016 15:07

Gaetzi
Saw it last night in Denver- Loved it. The Buenos Aires footage brought back so many good memories and they did a great job explaining the cultural phenomenon of Stones fans in Argentina.

My biggest take away is that in 2016, the Rolling Stones are all about bringing and spreading joy around the world with their music and energy. These are guys in their 70's- they're no longer dangerous, they're more or less sober, they all have grandkids but the joy.... for the band and fans alike. It's palpable. When people bitch about ticket prices or stale set lists, I'd point them to this movie. I got goose bumps a few times last night. A Stones show these days is a celebration. A celebration and culmination of the world's greatest rock and roll band 50 plus years into their trip. A celebration between the band and their fans, playing the songs that made them what they are. A Stones show in the States these days is almost more about bragging rights that you were there verses the crowds in Latin America. These people packed huge stadiums and were having the time of their lives. Again, it was this joyous celebration- for the crowds and the band.

My sentiments exactly. I am so tired of the whining. We are blessed to have them.

Date: December 14, 2016 15:47

What is the beautiful acoustic piece Keith was playing by the pool? La Malaguena I believe very nice!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-14 15:49 by Maindefender.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 14, 2016 18:12

Only two or three other people in the theater in Billings, Montana. Was a good film. The music, though only clips, was really great. That goes for the live shots as well as studio overlays. I had/have so many observations, wish I had made notes of them during the film.

The close ups of Keith amazed me in terms of how old he looks and that he is basically bald on top (that scene where he is welcoming someone into his hotel room). Loved Country Honk.

To see how the audiences connect with the band is refreshing. No jaded American or European audiences who have seen them for over 50 years. The Stones as part of a cultural revolution in various countries, especially Cuba. Still making history, in those countries. Kind of a throwback to the 60s and 70s when they made history in the UK, Europe and the US. And had cultural impact.

And the scene in the Tributo Bar in Buenos Aires was very cool. The Stones acknowledging their fans.

More later as I think of it.
also l often watch movies clear through to the end including the credits so I saw the last two songs though I don't know why they did that including why they chose those particular numbers

plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-16 04:18 by timbernardis.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 14, 2016 18:24

does anybody know where I can get the bonus clips? smiling smiley

Jan

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 17, 2016 01:16

Nobody? sad smiley

Date: December 17, 2016 01:45

I would imagine the DVD will have bonus cuts

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: December 17, 2016 01:49

Maindefender

Unfortunately it hasn't (I have the blu ray from the Ward box).

Date: December 17, 2016 12:10

Maindefender

GJV

Unfortunately it hasn't (I have the blu ray from the Ward box).

Maybe it has no bonuses because it was part of the Japanese 'Havana Moon' Deluxe-Box.

A worldwide release as a single DVD/Blu-ray could have bonuses - or the Olé-Documentary could be part of another package, e.g. along with rarely played songs from the Latin America Olé Tour 2016.

Date: December 17, 2016 12:15

hockenheim95

does anybody know where I can get the bonus clips? smiling smiley

Do you mean in the Pro-Shot quality from the Cinema?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: December 17, 2016 14:15

In the USA the movie is up on iTunes to download now but I can't watch this on a tablet or computer screen. i need to wait for the official bluray release which I'm sure will happen within the next 2 months.

Date: December 17, 2016 14:25

Bashlets

In the USA the movie is up on iTunes to download now but I can't watch this on a tablet or computer screen.

With an AppleTV device it's possible to watch it on the big TV screen - [www.apple.com] .

You can also connect the iPhone or iPad via HDMI-adapter to the big TV screen - [www.apple.com] .

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-17 15:15 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1988
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home