Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 24
Re: The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé! : A Trip Across Latin America
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 20, 2016 11:28

Irix
Watch it again the next 30 days: [www.Channel4.com] .

Strange. I cannot play the video. I get as far as where the video should start, but then I cannot click the "play" button. I am in the Netherlands. Any tips?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: November 20, 2016 11:45

Wow! What a great film.....

Enjoyed every minute of it, loads of wonderful moments.

Two that brought a smile to my face were the Argentinian street dancing Jagger, and the Mexican mariachi band playing Happy.

Great stuff.

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: November 20, 2016 11:58

Rolling Hansie
Irix

Strange. I cannot play the video. I get as far as where the video should start, but then I cannot click the "play" button. I am in the Netherlands. Any tips?

Copyright issue; you can't watch from abroad unless you use a VPN or something.
Cheapest (free):

Download and install "TunnelBear".
Close your browser, turn Tunnelbear on (choose "UK" ), open you browser, go to the page, start the movie, and then stop Tunnelbear and continue watching. (if you keep Tunnelbear on, you only get 500 MB free streaming, but once it has connected you as if you were in the UK, you can continue watching when you turn TB of; off course, do not close your browser while turning of TB!!!)

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-20 12:45 by coowouters.

Date: November 20, 2016 12:01

Dankjewel Chris

-------------------

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 20, 2016 12:47

Really enjoyed the documentary.

I would say the best one I have seen.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 20, 2016 13:27

I thought it was a well made, interesting and thought provoking documentary with some wonderful moments throughout. I kind of get a bit bored of watching them on TV slogging out Satisfaction or It's Only RnR, but the bits in between the on stage clips were great and the whole build up tot he Cuba show was nicely put together.

For me, these days, you have to be at a Stones show to enjoy it, watching on TV just reminds me of how much of a karaoke it's become, but once you are there it's show time and always an experience worth having.

The highlight was Keith and Mick doing COuntry Honk in a back room. Keith seems to have really upped his game with his playing and he nails it. WOuld have been great to see a few more back stage moments like this.

All in all, worth watching and you really get the atmosphere at the Cuba gig....must have been so exciting for them!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 20, 2016 13:32

A great film with some glimps behind the curtain. Keith in his pyjamas (or whatever it is) in the hotel in Argentina was really sweet.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 20, 2016 13:46

Saw it yesterday in Carre, Amsterdam. What an event it was. Great Nite. Lots of excitement from the fans (in Carre i mean). Many familiear faces from the past tours. Met Spunky. Really enjoyed the movie. The emotions from the south american fans stuck out for me. and..Keith in his pyjamas ws great oo.
One of the best Stones movies i saw.

Paul Dugdale was there and spoke a few words. Yeah, the Stones really enjoyed themselves. Keith sitting by his swimmingpool in Lima was great too.

All in all, great nite, great people and great Movie.
Jeroen

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 20, 2016 13:55

Rolling Hansie
Irix

The Player from the Channel4-Website is UK only.

Use a free anonymous non-transparent Proxy Server from UK with your Browser- or Network settings.

It worked perfectly for me in October 2013 with the premiere of 'Sweet Summer Sun' on BBC1, but the Proxy from back then (IP 94.175.237.71, Port 8080) doesn't work anymore.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 20, 2016 14:33

Excellent film and very well put together. It really takes us on the road with them and almost works like a video diary. It will serve as a real document of the tour for years to come.

Only criticism is the excessive ad breaks on the Channel 4 broadcast which broke up the flow somewhat. I know my 75 yo dad (3 months younger than Charlie) was watching and he would have just about put his foot through the telly!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 20, 2016 14:55

Irix
Use a free anonymous non-transparent Proxy Server from UK with your Browser- or Network settings.

How on earth do you do that?

Date: November 20, 2016 15:25

Koen
Irix

How on earth do you do that?

Use a Search Engine to get a list with free anonymous Proxy Servers -- e.g. Google: 'free anonymous proxy server list'.

Configure your Web-Browser to use a Proxy Server: Guides.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: November 20, 2016 17:59

Such a great film! Hope we'll see some more footage that didn't make the movie somewhere in the future.

Someone on here noticed that at most of the SA concerts, there were two cameras on each position, so I'd say the footage from those concerts was used.

Maybe we'll get a super deluxe version of the doc with some more performances. But I guess that's what Havana Moon is for. smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 20, 2016 19:27

A bit scary to see Keith in his "humble abode", smoking, probably won't change much at this point but he could still take better care of himself, not to mention having some thoughts or the next occupants of that "room".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 21, 2016 00:49

grzegorz67
Excellent film and very well put together. It really takes us on the road with them and almost works like a video diary. It will serve as a real document of the tour for years to come.

Only criticism is the excessive ad breaks on the Channel 4 broadcast which broke up the flow somewhat. I know my 75 yo dad (3 months younger than Charlie) was watching and he would have just about put his foot through the telly!
Watch it on catch up, no ads !!

Satisfied since 1976

Date: November 21, 2016 00:50

Anyone know if Channel 4 will be replaying it? I recorded it yesterday in its full HD 1920x1080 glory and was planning on cutting out the ads but, well, discarded the file.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 21, 2016 01:14

gotdablouse
Anyone know if Channel 4 will be replaying it? I recorded it yesterday in its full HD 1920x1080 glory and was planning on cutting out the ads but, well, discarded the file.
If your TV has freeview built in, it should have scroll back 7 days, which will let you watch (and record) without the ads

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: November 21, 2016 04:50

gotdablouse

It will stay available for 30 days.
Just choose the "Catch Up" option or go to "Saturday"; there it's listed as a favorite, again with the 30 (now probably 28) days availability. (just checked; it says 29 days).

A nice thing about this "Catch Up" feature is that you see the commercial breaks on the timeline under the movie (small light grey blocks for the British, light gray for the Americans smoking smiley ).

If you use the slider to go see all those commercials first, they will not come back when you are actually going to capture the movie, so you do not have to do any editing to get them out of the result of your screen capture.

If you can directly download (so without using screen capture software), I don't know if it will be the same.

One more thing; as you write "I recorded it yesterday in its full HD 1920x1080 glory", my guess is that you didn't record it on your PC but used a DVD recorder. In that case, I do not know if or when it will be re-broadcasted again...

(but If I were you, I would check out ELL winking smiley )

Chris from Belgium

Date: November 21, 2016 10:54

Thanks for the tips, yes I access Channel 4 via satellite (it's on 28.2E) and I deleted my ad-infested recording I'd meant to edit when a version kindly "surfaced", unfortunately it's 1280x720 and it doesn't even really look like 720p as it's "fuzzy". "Catch Up" is not in HD I take it ? Oh well I've seen it once and while I like to keep stuff "just in case" I'm unlikely to ever watch it again...

--------------

Date: November 21, 2016 11:45

Re-Broadcast: Friday, 25-Nov-2016, 0:05am-2:10am -- Channel4 - 4seven

Satellite-TV:

Astra 2F - 11127 V 22000 5/6

Channel4 - 4seven: [en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-21 13:50 by Irix.

Date: November 21, 2016 16:44

Thank you ! If I manage to record it and edit I'll be sure to put it in the right place ;-)

--------------

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 21, 2016 18:09

It was excellent; enjoyed every minute of it. As other people have mentioned above, the Channel 4 commercial breaks were excessive. They have an awful habit of cutting in mid scene sometimes. E4 is even worse.

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: November 21, 2016 18:12

Just watched it, thoroughly enjoyed. Fallen back in love with this band again.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: November 21, 2016 20:31

I thought it was a beautful film and I had tears in my eyes at certain points. The whole band came across really well and it was great to see all those fans on camera talking about what the Stones music means to them.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 22, 2016 11:52

Did anyone record it and is able to torrent?

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: November 22, 2016 20:40

coowouters
Rolling Hansie
Irix

Cheapest (free):

Close your browser, turn Tunnelbear on (choose "UK" ), open you browser, go to the page, start the movie, and then stop Tunnelbear and continue watching. (if you keep Tunnelbear on, you only get 500 MB free streaming, but once it has connected you as if you were in the UK, you can continue watching when you turn TB of; off course, do not close your browser while turning of TB!!!)

Do I have to create an account on Channel 4 to be able to watch the video?

Date: November 22, 2016 22:14

coowouters
Rolling Hansie
Irix

Cheapest (free):

Thanks again Chris.
TunnelBear really works. I just watched the whole movie. It is wonderful.

-------------------

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 22, 2016 22:22

Found a torrent link, but I can't be sure of it's authenticity

...stay tuned...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-22 22:38 by mosthigh.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: November 22, 2016 23:42

Rolling Hansie
coowouters
Rolling Hansie
Irix

Cheapest (free):

Thanks again Chris.
TunnelBear really works. I just watched the whole movie. It is wonderful.

It worked perfectly for me as well. Thank you Chris. The movie was amazing. Fantastic scenes from back stage and it really showed how their life on the road is.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 23, 2016 02:30

Ok, this torrent works:

[yestorrents.com]

(to download, click on 'magnet link', then click on your torrent program).

Full 1080p HD quality in .ts format (works with vlc) - but its a 7.5 gb file

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home