Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 24
Re: The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé! : A Trip Across Latin America
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 17, 2016 18:41

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 17, 2016 19:20

Could somebody tell me what performances were included?

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: September 17, 2016 19:39

All were just concert clips...and some rehearsal clips...but Satisfaction in Havana was complete. The ironic thing that stuck out for me was that most of the soundtrack music used during the city 'walkabouts' before each show was from the Mick Taylor years, especially Exile...Ventilator Blues in particular, captured the South American atmosphere perfectly....

Oh...the acoustic version of Country Honk by Keith and Mick in the dressing room is complete! They even threw in a verse from HTW. I can't get over how good that was! Great version that is very true to the Let It Bleed recording and it was like they were 25 again and in the recording studio! That scene got the biggest response from the audience and we starting clapping along to it. Everybody was smiling and lapping it up. Someone has got to get a hold of it because it's fantastic...you have to see it to appreciate it.

OT: Props to the 2 ladies I talked to in a line-up who saw the Stones in Toronto in 1965! Keep On Rockin'!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-17 19:57 by palerider22.

Date: September 17, 2016 19:57

palerider22
All were just concert clips...and some rehearsal clips...but Satisfaction in Havana was complete. The ironic thing that stuck out for me was that most of the soundtrack music used during the city 'walkabouts' before each show was from the Mick Taylor years, especially Exile...Ventilator Blues in particular, captured the South American atmosphere perfectly....

Oh...the acoustic version of Country Honk by Keith and Mick in the dressing room is complete! They even threw in a verse from HTW. I can't get over how good that was! Great version that is very true to the Let It Bleed recording and it was like they were 25 again and in the recording studio! That scene got the biggest response from the audience and we starting clapping along to it. Everybody was smiling and lapping it up. Someone has got to get a hold of it because it's fantastic...you have to see it to appreciate it.

Thanks for your review. Although it will be great to watch the Havana concert in Havana Moon, I'm looking forward to watch Olé Olé Olé somehow, because it looks more interesting. thumbs up

Date: September 17, 2016 20:02

Even Rolling Stone thought the 'Country Honk' clip was the best part of the movie...
Rolling Stone review

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-17 20:02 by palerider22.

The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé! : A Trip Across Latin America - TIFF, September 16
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 17, 2016 23:45

KEITH RICHARDS & RONNIE WOOD There's nothing more to say | TIFF 2016

[www.youtube.com]

The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé! : A Trip Across Latin America - TIFF, September 16
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 18, 2016 01:38

Keith & Ronnie having a laugh at @TIFF_NET, where #StonesOlé debuted. See the trailer here: [youtu.be]

[twitter.com]

Re: The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé! : A Trip Across Latin America - TIFF, September 16
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: September 18, 2016 03:11

bye bye johnny
Keith & Ronnie having a laugh at @TIFF_NET, where #StonesOlé debuted. See the trailer here: [youtu.be]

[twitter.com]

Now that's one cool shot of them both! Great!

And both said they're up to rehearsals in LA the next day from the premiere!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 18, 2016 03:47

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: September 18, 2016 03:55

Olé Olé Olé,
That's all I got to say >grinning smiley<

LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES!!!

Date: September 18, 2016 14:53

Rave reviews all around for the film...Looks like it's going to be on cable TV soon enough. Can't wait...

Hollywood Reporter

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 18, 2016 15:14

[www.youtube.com]

Great footage and up close interviews in the middle

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 18, 2016 18:22

Lovely pics.
I think Mrs Richards has followed Ronnie's example and had some cosmetic work done?

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: September 18, 2016 20:39

Where were Mick and Charlie?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 18, 2016 21:39

georgeV

Like Keef stated, he would probably be there last saturday. and Charlie..???
as long as the stones gonna be in europe next summer. its fine by me.
Jeroen

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 18, 2016 21:50

georgeV

Mick was according to his Tweet (16-Sep-2016, 11:53pm) in London: [Twitter.com] .

Posted by: harleybla ()
Date: September 19, 2016 01:28

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

We Got Lucky in Canada,
it looks like
it will show on Crave TV October 14 2016

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-19 01:30 by harleybla.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: September 19, 2016 04:21

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-07 13:01 by jambay.

Date: September 19, 2016 04:32

On Paul Dugdale's blog there's a lot of pics he posted while filming this documentary, including this one taken in Buenos Aires at 40x5 Tribute Bar, which is a place very well known amongst the Stones fans. I wonder if there's some scenes of it on this documentary. smiling smiley

Date: September 19, 2016 07:07

Cristiano Radtke
On Paul Dugdale's blog there's a lot of pics he posted while filming this documentary, including this one taken in Buenos Aires at 40x5 Tribute Bar, which is a place very well known amongst the Stones fans. I wonder if there's some scenes of it on this documentary.

It made the cut into the final film, and is shown n all its glory!

Had a second viewing tonite in a cinema with much larger screen. I was looking at a sea of perfectly still heads as I danced in my seat for the duration. They must have let in some lost hockey fans.

Date: September 19, 2016 07:34

SomeTorontoGirl
Cristiano Radtke
On Paul Dugdale's blog there's a lot of pics he posted while filming this documentary, including this one taken in Buenos Aires at 40x5 Tribute Bar, which is a place very well known amongst the Stones fans. I wonder if there's some scenes of it on this documentary.

It made the cut into the final film, and is shown n all its glory!

Had a second viewing tonite in a cinema with much larger screen. I was looking at a sea of perfectly still heads as I danced in my seat for the duration. They must have let in some lost hockey fans.

Thank you, STG! I still have great memories of the night before the second Buenos Aires concert, when I met a lot of friends there. I still think this documentary should be screened worldwide, just like Havana Moon.

Date: September 19, 2016 18:45

Cristiano Radtke
Thank you, STG! I still have great memories of the night before the second Buenos Aires concert, when I met a lot of friends there. I still think this documentary should be screened worldwide, just like Havana Moon.

It should be more widely shown, I agree. It is a great documentary. It really showcases the countries where they performed, the local fans and what the shows mean to them, and there are lots of great moments with Mick and Keith (not just Country Honk, but an hilarious scene reminiscing about their first visit to South America by boat as tourists in 1968, and certain difficulties Anita and Marianne experienced with the frog-infested loo) and the magic of the rain stick, Ronnie and his art, a few nice scenes with Charlie... It is full of lovely moments, I really had to see it more than once, and the big screen made a huge difference. Very lucky to have seen it.

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: September 19, 2016 18:48

Does anybody know if they intend to bring it to movie theatres worldwide?
It looks great, gets great reviews from fans and critics alike and it's premiered on a film festival - is there hope we won't just see on on TV or a DVD later?

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: September 19, 2016 20:40

What a wonderful film! It sure was great on the big screen, nice and loud as well! The footage from Argentina was fantastic. The fans there are insane. I didn't see STG there dancing, but I wish I had. I couldn't sit still if I tried. The Stones lead a charmed life and they deserve it. Richards para Presidente!

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: September 20, 2016 18:43

They certainly do lead a charmed life^

I cannot wait to see this documentary; while I know it will surely be released, and possibly with 'Havana Moon', I would love a definite release date for a DVD. It sounds amazing.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: September 20, 2016 19:52

Perhaps this question has already been made, someone has idea if also will be released on DVD?

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: September 20, 2016 20:38

Stone601
Perhaps this question has already been made, someone has idea if also will be released on DVD?

I kinda still believe they will pair it up with Live in Cuba and release it as a double DVD/Blu-Ray package. Makes sense as stand alone concert with setlist extremely similar to Hyde Park needs some more extras to sell. Both releases also directed by the same guy.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: September 20, 2016 22:28

Irix
georgeV

Mick was according to his Tweet (16-Sep-2016, 11:53pm) in London: [Twitter.com] .

Fashion week of course... I assumed he wouldn't be there because i knew they coincided

Date: September 21, 2016 00:55

alieb
Fashion week of course... I assumed he wouldn't be there because i knew they coincided

...and Mick is, of course, a dedicated follower of fashion! grinning smiley

Date: September 21, 2016 00:57

IrelandCalling4
They certainly do lead a charmed life^

I cannot wait to see this documentary; while I know it will surely be released, and possibly with 'Havana Moon', I would love a definite release date for a DVD. It sounds amazing.

You should have popped over the pond, yon Irish lad! It was epic indeed.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home