Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 24 of 29
Re: Overdubs on HAVANNA MOON
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 19, 2016 01:37

gotdablouse
Havana Moon possibly has the most shameful overdub/tweak in the history of rock : Keith's guitar "solo" on OOC !

Original : [youtu.be]

"Tweaked" : [www.youtube.com]

Oh wow. That's really something... DAMN!

Re: The Rolling Stones - "Havana Moon" in cinemas September 23
Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: November 19, 2016 01:39

Listened to the Havana "album" on Tidal just now. Horrible sound! Can@t really see the Blu-Ray beeing much better as it's not a matter of eq. Sounds like it's recorded with a couple of mikes in the audience.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: November 19, 2016 01:47

A bad note or bad notes will come through on a phone.

Bad is bad.

That's all there is to it. It's that simple.

The bad SMU from Hyde Park - both of them! - are on several different videos uploaded to YouTube (what, would it matter more if it was only to Vimeo?) and they all present the same thing - Keith playing the intro wrong/bad/whatever for TWO SHOWS! Ohhhh it's the scarf.

Nah. It's just bad riffing. For the first song of a show. That's just horrendous. But whatever.

It's not the phone, it's the performer. The professional audio recording equipment allows it to be fixed; the phone recordings allow the truth to be preserved.

And personally it's just funny, it's not the end of the world. So he screwed up. Can anyone count how many times Keith has laid an egg? Nope. How long is a piece of string? With Out Of Control it looks like he was a bit lost, found it, corrected. It's no big deal. Oh but it's there - from a phone, on YouTube!

But releasing that officially? I can see why that was fixed. When it cuts away to the back view and you see the screen, there are notes not being played while Keith is playing them, clearly, on the video screen.

Overdub, fly-in, copy and past - whatever it is, it officially ain't what he played - and the phone recordings present that good enough.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 19, 2016 01:50

From my experience with previous Eagle Rock releases (which are mixed the same way), the blu-ray always sounds better. I think the main reason is it's encoded in HD (24 bit).

Re: Number of Havana Moon songs ...
Date: November 19, 2016 01:53

Irix
alfadriver85

... appearing on other live albums?

Have a look at the Discography on: [TimeIsOnOurSide.com] - there you can easily see the umpteen times of the live versions of the same songs.

Let Me Go, Memory Motel, LSTNT, Neighbours, Fingerprint File, Hot Stuff, Star Star, Flip The Switch and Saint Of Me are only on one live album each, "officially".

At least that I can think of, without looking, at this time.

Re: Havana Moon Snoozefest
Date: November 19, 2016 01:55

HMS
The sound of the CD´s is awful, feels like there are blankets wrapped around my speakers. Horrible mixing job. It´s all mud all over. It´s a shame that in 2016 you have to go back to Love You Live to hear a good-sounding live-album.

LIVE LICKS sounds great. NO SECURITY sounds great. FLASHPOINT sounds great. STILL LIFE sounds great.

So yeah: a good-sounding one, LOVE YOU LIVE. But past that they sound great up to LIVE LICKS.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 19, 2016 20:07

Keith is far better on Havana Moon than on any other Stones live album.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 22, 2016 10:23

Hope to purchase the Blu Ray this weekend. Are the crowd represented well or over represented? I remember watching Hyde Park and actually wishing to see the band more than the continual cuts to show the audience 'dancing'. Hard to get it right sometimes on modern DVDs between band and audience.

Date: November 22, 2016 23:33

I read a few pages ago mention of BluRay being mono?? I was hoping to get the BluRay but if the DVD sound mix is in better stereo thatd be the one.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 22, 2016 23:45

IrelandCalling4

I read a few pages ago mention of BluRay being mono??

No. The Blu-ray from my Deluxe Box set is Stereo ....

Date: November 23, 2016 01:50

My favorite scene in Havana is during "Paint it Black" where there's a guy with crooked teeth playing air guitar on his arm. His left hand with the chords, his right arm the neck.
The crowd and setting are superb. I just think the band is so sedate.

Date: November 23, 2016 10:11

Thanks for that Irix; if one BluRay is in stereo then standalone would be also I assume. I did read BluRay mix is probably the best across the formats for this release.

Date: November 23, 2016 11:18

GasLightStreet
gotdablouse
Havana Moon possibly has the most shameful overdub/tweak in the history of rock : Keith's guitar "solo" on OOC !

oH Whoah,that really IS something.I watched the tweaked clip first, and thought it sounded good. I actually thought it was Ronnie playing the lower string riffing. Watching Keith he is obviously playing some high notes, lead line. what we hear is some low E string grinding. Then the 'real' untouched clip has Keith grabbing some ploinky questionable notes, LOL

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: November 24, 2016 16:53

Palace Revolution 2000
GasLightStreet
gotdablouse

oH Whoah,that really IS something.I watched the tweaked clip first, and thought it sounded good. I actually thought it was Ronnie playing the lower string riffing. Watching Keith he is obviously playing some high notes, lead line. what we hear is some low E string grinding. Then the 'real' untouched clip has Keith grabbing some ploinky questionable notes, LOL

Why does Jose Luis Luis take my video and upload it as if it was his own?
video: [www.youtube.com]

The thing with mistakes like this is that on the night itself it does not matter at all. It was a great night and the guys performed great. To me it was way better than some of the shows when they were in their 50s rather than 70s, when we had Blondie filling in the gaps.
Why would they not correct mistakes like this. The mistakes are only noticed by geeks like us studying every song and examining every note they've played in over five decades.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-24 16:55 by Promoman2.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: November 24, 2016 17:22

what about the LP release ?
does anyone has purchased and listened to the vinyl version ?
Does it sound better than sweet summer sun ?

Date: November 24, 2016 17:27

<when we had Blondie filling in the gaps>

Do you have ONE example where he was «filling the gaps»?

Date: November 24, 2016 17:44

audun-eg
Listened to the Havana "album" on Tidal just now. Horrible sound! Can@t really see the Blu-Ray beeing much better as it's not a matter of eq. Sounds like it's recorded with a couple of mikes in the audience.

The audio format on Blu-rays discs and EQ are 2 very different things.

They don't just EQ a lossy source to get the audio for the Blu-ray disc.

The audio on a Blu-ray Disc should be lossless high resolution from the master source,stereo and / or surround sound.

Still,the quality ultimately depends on the original recording master source (and obviously the performance).

Date: November 25, 2016 20:25

Promoman2
Palace Revolution 2000
GasLightStreet
gotdablouse

What? That makes no sense. Obviously used it to reveal the tweak. Why does it matter who's it is? He used it to show the difference. Not sure how he got it to start where it did on both of them but it's a great revelation of what happened.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 25, 2016 20:30

Promoman2
Palace Revolution 2000
GasLightStreet
gotdablouse

You're not the only one. I've seen a lot of his videos being shared as if they were originally uploaded by him but they're not.

Date: November 25, 2016 23:10

GasLightStreet
Promoman2
Palace Revolution 2000
GasLightStreet
gotdablouse

What? That makes no sense. Obviously used it to reveal the tweak. Why does it matter who's it is? He used it to show the difference. Not sure how he got it to start where it did on both of them but it's a great revelation of what happened.

I wasn't referring to gottablouse who used the youtube clip to reveal the difference. I found that very interesting. I was referring to the youtube account of Jose Luis Luis, Who took my youtube video, and re-posted is as his own. It's no biggy. I was just surprised when I regognised the video I shot on someone elses account.

Date: November 25, 2016 23:23

DandelionPowderman
<when we had Blondie filling in the gaps>

Do you have ONE example where he was «filling the gaps»?

I wasn't trying to rejuvenate the Blondie threat. My point is that despite the glitch that was pointed out with htis comparison, the concert experience I had was at least as good as the ones I had 20 odd years ago.

Date: November 25, 2016 23:36

Overdubs masterpiece

GasLightStreet
gotdablouse

Date: November 25, 2016 23:39

powerage78
Overdubs masterpiece

GasLightStreet
gotdablouse

No overdubs. It's editing.

Date: November 25, 2016 23:49

Yes sorry.
Editing masterpiece so.
And still Keith posing attitude... Proud of his solo perhaps...

Date: November 25, 2016 23:52

Promoman2
GasLightStreet
Promoman2
Palace Revolution 2000
GasLightStreet
gotdablouse

I wasn't referring to gottablouse who used the youtube clip to reveal the difference. I found that very interesting. I was referring to the youtube account of Jose Luis Luis, Who took my youtube video, and re-posted is as his own. It's no biggy. I was just surprised when I regognised the video I shot on someone elses account.

Oh. I didn't understand that part. I wondered what you were on about!

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: November 26, 2016 08:00

Just watched it, enjoyable, but haven't seen the bonus tracks yet...

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 26, 2016 12:05

Apart from"Miss You"the bonus tracks are very very good.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 26, 2016 13:10

Wild Slivovitz
Apart from"Miss You"the bonus tracks are very very good.

Miss You starts very boring but the middle part is excellent. I hate that fake handclapping on start me up

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 26, 2016 15:15

Yeah but it features an horrible synthesized "harmonica" (whose riffing sounds also to be not on time) and Jagger kind of forgets the lyrics.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-26 18:39 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: November 26, 2016 15:17

I'm sure the answer has been stated but when is HM available in the US? I thought it was being released everywhere on Nov. 11 but I still can't find it on itunes US.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 24 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1211
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home