Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 29
Re: Out of Control and Havana Moon
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 7, 2016 12:37

Midnight Ramble at Havana ain't bad either.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: November 7, 2016 14:07

Midnight Rambler is as good as can be, it´s fabulous. (thank God there was no MT around to soften it). Listening to those 70+ years old guys I wondered what this talking about "retirement", "performed the last time" et cetera is all about.

What a great version of Sympathy!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 7, 2016 14:54

Bob05
Ronnie's work on the Havannah is absolutely great and concentrated, as is Mick's singing and harp.
This could have become the best live version of Out of Control that they have ever performed, let alone the live one containing the trumpets.

It could have ...

... if Mr Keef hadn't produced such a sloppy, poor, faulty guitar playing from 05:25 on. What a shame. I feel sorry for the greatest 'r and 'r band in the world. This guitar part is unearthily bad.

You're probably going to need to brace yourself but the solo in the movie has been completely doctored, playing and sound, the actual one is horrendous, 87 year old Chuck Berry territory...When I saw/heard what they'd done to hide it, I voted with my feet and gave the movie a miss.

Here's the actual version : [youtu.be]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-07 15:01 by gotdablouse.

Re: The Rolling Stones - "Havana Moon" in cinemas September 23
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 7, 2016 17:05

moody smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: November 7, 2016 17:27

The sound quality of that clip is rather poor, although I think Keith´s producing some great sounds on his guitar. They should have kept it instead of once again using studio tricks.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 7, 2016 18:28

Hello- please help a naive Cali gal out, if you can-

Is there anyway I can get OLE OLE OLE on Blu ray disc for Ameican player (the machine, not me, ha ha)

Yeah, I cannot figure for the life of me Ward Super deal in English/ legit,
or, maybe you can tell me how long you think I have to wait for regular Blu Ray release purchase of O' O' O'

Back to topic, I have Havana Moon Dvd, 2 CD coming from regular American Amazon.

But, I really really want to documentary parts/ Ole Ole Ole

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 8, 2016 04:40

Paint It Black - [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 8, 2016 15:30

Argentina · Caribbean · Chile · Colombia · Ecuador · Peru · Uruguay · Venezuela

Rolling Stones: Havana Moon Live In Cuba

Friday, 11-Nov-2016 9pm until Sunday, 13-Nov-2016 9pm

[www.directv.com.ar]

[www.directvcaribbean.com]

[www.directv.cl]

[www.directv.com.co]

[www.directv.com.ec]

[www.directv.com.pe]

[www.directv.com.uy]

[www.directv.com.ve]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-08 15:45 by Irix.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: November 8, 2016 17:23

bye bye johnny
Again the youtube video is a mono downmix, the same as the brown sugar video..
That's also the reason why the triangle is much too high in the video.
Anyway, that's a fantastic performance.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: November 8, 2016 21:50

bye bye johnny

Watch minute 2.07 in the clip. Keith and Ronnie are completely synced in the lick. Both realize it and laugh.

Re: The Rolling Stones - "Havana Moon"
Date: November 10, 2016 14:55

Just got the delivery from [www.Thalia.de] of the Havana Moon Deluxe-Edition - it's the same as shown here:

Doc

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-10 15:15 by Irix.

Date: November 10, 2016 18:08

The whole bleray audio was downmixed to mono. What a disapointment confused smiley
But the DVD is in stereo.

The film itself is just absolutely amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-10 19:04 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 11, 2016 15:18

Got mine this morning, once again tempted by the Deluxe one at £37.99

Hope to play it on sunday.

Date: November 11, 2016 15:31

Got my vinyl LP/DVD today. The vinyl sounds good.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: November 11, 2016 15:54

Hello all,

Just played the first two songs of the Havana Moon dvd.
Two things: the sound level is incredibly low, especially for a dvd (ok you can turn up your stereo so not a real problem, just a bit odd), and the subtitles (I chose English) aren't there.
Has this occurred to any of you also?

I can't wait to play the rest of the concert, good thing I haven't planned anything for tonight, ha!

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: November 11, 2016 16:06

Second try: I retract my statement on the subtitles, must have misclicked something, sorry.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 11, 2016 16:24

Kind of upset by amazon. The Deluxe was shipped yesterday with expected delivery on NOVEMBER 24(!!!!!). If I knew, I'd rather pay a couple of Euros more in local store and get it today.

Date: November 11, 2016 16:45

ironbelly
Kind of upset by amazon. The Deluxe was shipped yesterday with expected delivery on NOVEMBER 24(!!!!!). If I knew, I'd rather pay a couple of Euros more in local store and get it today.

I stopped ordering off Amazon and mine was only 2 days late, but i was so peed off with them.

I went to the HMV store on opening time this morning, just before going to work.

Date: November 11, 2016 16:48

I've learned, too (it took a long time, though), that you'll get new releases quicker (and it's really not that much more expensive) in the record store. A brick and mortar-store, that is..

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 11, 2016 18:11

DandelionPowderman
I've learned, too (it took a long time, though), that you'll get new releases quicker (and it's really not that much more expensive) in the record store. A brick and mortar-store, that is..
You see, here, in Portugal, real record store (FNAC) is a lottery. For example, Beatles At Hollywood Bowl and new remaster of Led Zeppelin BBC Sessions were in store days before the official release. I picked a copy of Beathes CD on 6th, while officially it suppose to be released on 9th of September winking smiley.

On the other hand, most of Rolling Stones Eagle Rock releases either appear a week later or never shown up on the shelves (Marquee 71, Tokyo 90, Leeds 82 - these were only as 3rd party order).

Mono box - only 1 copy for the whole Lisbon weeks after release, Totally Stripped - a couple of days late and only CD-DVD combo for a couple of weeks etc. But 2CD edition of Sticky fingers was on time and discounted down to 14 Euros at arrival (not Deluxes, though).

If we talking about Havana Moon - there is no Deluxe in Lisbon right now in any store, only 2CD+DVD combo and DVD+3LP combo.

So, you know, one should balance amazon and record shop. But amazon sucks big time these days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-11 18:29 by ironbelly.

Date: November 11, 2016 18:26

I must admit i was sweating if they would have anything in the store.

But they had all the versions, so not a wasted trip for me.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 11, 2016 21:49

I stopped my run to type this.
Do not have mail order, no deliv. on V. Day USA.
However, I just downloaded w/ glee for new RS outside
Havana Moon
iTunes audio only
'Tumbling Dice'
! My God I LOVE it.
Extended out after the pure bliss break
*whoosh*
Grinning and solifies my undying love for this band.
Thank you-

Date: November 11, 2016 23:53

SomeGuy
Hello all,

Two things: the sound level is incredibly low, especially for a dvd (ok you can turn up your stereo so not a real problem, just a bit odd), and the subtitles (I chose English) aren't there.

I can't wait to play the rest of the concert, good thing I haven't planned anything for tonight, ha!

It does sound low.

Date: November 12, 2016 00:25

The sound level is not the problem, you just can turn it up. I prefer it to be quiter than to be brickwall limited. But what's a real bummer is that the Blueray is in mono. I ordered the deluxe edition, so I have both the Blueray and the DVD. The DVD has a normal stereo sound. But there's an error with the Blueray since the sound is a mono folddown. The last two youtube videos (paint it black and brown sugar) were also in mono, they might have took it from the Blueray.
I'm quite disappointed. The film would have been absolutely perfect if the sound was just right.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 12, 2016 01:40

SomeGuy
Hello all,

Agreed - the sound level is really low and also thin. Played the first two tracks and completely lost interest but eventually had a look at Midnight Rambler with the volume way up and it is certainly a good version. Haven't bothered with anything else yet and I've had it two days. Other than the crowd it just seems like a second rate re-run of the Hyde Park video. (That had a really good mix that made it come over way better than I remember the actual show. Given that I'm sure Cuba was a good show this seems the opposite.)

Date: November 12, 2016 13:35

StonedRambler

But what's a real bummer is that the Blueray is in mono.

I have the Deluxe Edition too (Blu-ray+DVD+2CD+Book), listened to it via Headphones and on my Blu-ray it's Stereo (48kHz/16bit), 'Paint It Black' and 'Brown Sugar' as well .... on YouTube they've a kind of Mono-Mix.

Date: November 12, 2016 14:44

Irix
I have the Deluxe Edition too (Blu-ray+DVD+2CD+Book), listened to it via Headphones and on my Blu-ray it's Stereo (48kHz/16bit), 'Paint It Black' and 'Brown Sugar' as well .... on YouTube they've a kind of Mono-Mix.
Thank you Irix! smiling smiley That's quite strange. Just did a comparison again. On the DVD Keith is on the right and Ronnie on the left, as it should be. On the Blue-ray everything is in the middle. Therfore some things are really peaking out or get masked by other instruments. For example Bernards Triangle on PIB is loud as hell, or Sashas solo on GS is much to quiet. On the DVD those things sound good due to stereo seperation. The triangle is still loud but totally on the left so it doesn't bother.
Maybe the problem occurs just with Blue-rays from a certain manufactor. Or maybe they noticed it during the production process and fixed the bug.

Apart from that: What you do think about the audio mix of the CD? IMO its got way too much reverb on it (just like Totally Stripped or SF live),
even though it was an open air venue. So actually there wasn't reverb at all. I think it sounds really undefined.
But as it was the case with Sticky Fingers live, I guess Mick wanted it to sound that way, so Bob Clearmountain had to do it.
Heres the answear that Bob wrote when I mailed him because of the SF live mix. I posted it in this thread last year: [www.iorr.org]

So that was also the case with Totally Stripped and Havana Moon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-12 19:24 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 12, 2016 18:40

Listening thru Havana Moon right now. I think they play well, but I don't understand what real value Matt Clifford adds. There is really no need what so ever for the synth harp on Miss You and the synth strings on Angie, Paint it Black and Gimme Shelter. One of the main reasons many prefer The Rolling Stones is because they're a honest rock and roll band with loud guitars and minimal use of synthesizers, computer effects etc. Why change a winning formula? Apart from that, I think Havana Moon is among their best releases in recent years. A fantastic concert With great Versions of Out of Control, Angie, You Got the Silver and Midnight Rambler.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: November 12, 2016 20:42

I listened to Havana Moon on Tidal; I love it more than Sweet Summer Sun. The riffing is very crunchy, and they're back to being a guitar band.

Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: November 12, 2016 21:33

Pretty sure the choir on YCAGWYW is dubbed from Hyde Park

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home