Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 29
Re: The Rolling Stones - "Havana Moon" in cinemas September 23
Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: September 24, 2016 01:03

My wife and I just got home from a showing here in Vienna, Austria. We loved it. Excellent performance, very well filmed, many wonderful shots and good editing. Sound was just fine. During "Out of Control", one guy left the auditorium -- we thought he didn't like the film, but it appears that he just went to complain to one of the ushers that the volume was too low. Shortly after he came back in, they literally cranked it up! grinning smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 24, 2016 01:04

i enjoyed it. must have been the only one who likes the sound mix of it better than the filming. though i liked the camera on stage vhasing ,ick or revolbing around. also liked the behond the stage parts. but did not feel at all the vonnection between the band and the crowd. sss was more effective on that, ,aybe cause it was in the daylight. thr gig is the usual and can get boring at times to the hardvpre fan. loved ooc ygts bs satisfaction, mr is great as usual but the crowd interlude is too long imo and break the pace and tension

Posted by: thijs1981 ()
Date: September 24, 2016 01:10

Great vocals by Jagger too! Very cool. Very ballsy. Not the nasally, whining tone, but fat, convincing vocals.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 24, 2016 01:33

Great Film...Highlight of the show:"Satisfaction" very energetic with a great Keith's solo!Great energy and friendly feelings between Band members...Two only negative momentsconfused smileyasha Allen on "Gimme shelter"...Lisa is "The Queen"!And the Karl Denson solo on "Brown sugar"...Where are you Bobby!?!
Anyway I've seen a great Film with the Band very very "shining"...Europe 2017...Can't wait!!!!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 24, 2016 01:35

Just in from watching it in Swindon, UK. About 30 people in a 100 person cinema. Absolutely loved it. It really took you there. Overheard lots of favourable comments from other attendees on the way out. Mick's dancing in Rambler. Wow!!! Not bad for 73. Rambler felt like it went on for about hslf an hour!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-24 01:41 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 24, 2016 01:37

Just back from Camden. Great film and camerawork. Rambler was on fire. Not @#$%& loud enough

Posted by: kishorcsog ()
Date: September 24, 2016 01:51

We saw it in Graz, Austria, the sound was a bit low at the beginning but during IORR one guy went out ad when he came back the sound was cranked up.
Ronnie was great and we liked Charlie's humour.
We liked the Exile songs in the beginning and at the end.

Posted by: Night Manager ()
Date: September 24, 2016 02:12

-just seen it, one big difference between movie and concert: the show sounded much better in reality, even though I was at the back of the field. The sound on site was phantastic, like an organic thing. In the movie, I hear the awful tinkling of Chuck, and the shortcomings of the guitarists, due to age and too much posing.
Still, I enjoyd the film. Rambler and Gimme Shelter were as great as can get today, be it in Havanna or at the movies. And Mick`s harp playing is outstanding, as well as Charlie`s drumming. And lots of other things, like some of Daryll`s runs.
I missed "before they make me run", because that was one of the best versions I heard. They took it real slow, that`s much better.
And the cuban people really were wonderful, you can hardly go wrong with an audience like that

Posted by: balders ()
Date: September 24, 2016 02:21

Manchester was well attended.the audience were joining in the chorus of brown sugar and dancing in the seats.

The film captured the on stage banter between the band and keith urging Charlie to new heights in close up made the film that bit different.

When I attended my first stones gig at knebworth I never dreamt I would still be watching them bringing out new performances in my 60th year.Long may they carry on.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: September 24, 2016 02:28

Fantastic! It was completely amazing! But I agree, the sound was a bit low. We asked the staff at the cinema to turn up the sound after JJF, and so they did, it was a huge difference. Midnight Rambler, Gimme Shelter and SFTD were the highlights according to me. I wish they brought all the songs from the show to the movie, I miss TD, ALTL, BTMMR etc. I think the band, musically, was extraordinary.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 24, 2016 02:33

Agree! One of the best concert films I've seen. A lot better than Sweet Summer Sun and a million times better than Shine A Light

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: September 24, 2016 02:51

hot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

thumbs up

LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-24 02:59 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()

Watched the film in Southampton. Highlights for me Out of Control and rambler! Jagger incredible for 73. Agree better than shine a light and Hyde Park.

Posted by: tonyc ()

Great reviews. Us U.S. people are looking forward to our chance to see it!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: September 24, 2016 02:57

Just saw it at the Odeon Covent Garden (which was the Seville Theatre where the band played in 1969 and where the Beatlea filmed the Hello Goodbye video. Loved the movie but the sound could have been a bit louder!!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: September 24, 2016 02:59

Oh, and the interview at the start with all four stones was fantastic, loved it!

Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: September 24, 2016 03:03

kitoise
Just come back from the cinema, near from Paris.
I do enjoy the film with all the Stones always smiling and in harmony for this special show!

I like the 2 old grandma on 'Honky tonk women'!!

Voodoosebi, you just miss the Stones' little interview to introduce the film and explain how it was possible, then nice pictures from La Havana and 'JJFlash.

Thank you very much! Seems like I haven't missed that much. Now I have to wait for the blu ray.

Anyone knows which part the 'only in cinemas exclusive' part was, as the movie poster shows?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-24 03:04 by VOODOOSEBI.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 24, 2016 03:05

The film was great it was amazing to see the look on the Cubans faces as they were seeing the stones play live in their backyard probably having never experienced anything like that before and whilst watching it I thought to myself I really hope it was being shown in Cuba tonight for free.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 24, 2016 04:08

boy the U.s. got screwed!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: September 24, 2016 04:41

I just watched the version of OOC - brilliant, maybe the best live version I have seen/heard.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 24, 2016 04:48

Japanese movie caption of Sympathy For The Devil lyrics was saying "Still fed up with Yoko Ono?", did Mick actually sing so?smiling smiley

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: September 24, 2016 06:51

Toru A
Japanese movie caption of Sympathy For The Devil lyrics was saying "Still fed up with Yoko Ono?", did Mick actually sing so?smiling smiley

Don't recall hearing Jagger sing that lyric but there was a brief shot of a guy in the audience wearing a t-shirt saying " still mad at Yoko Ono " or something close to that. That might be where it came from.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 24, 2016 07:02

northof49
Toru A

Don't recall hearing Jagger sing that lyric but there was a brief shot of a guy in the audience wearing a t-shirt saying " still mad at Yoko Ono " or something close to that. That might be where it came from.

You resolve my doubt.
Thank you for your insight.thumbs up

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 24, 2016 07:46

I'd love to hear from someone else who saw Ole Ole Ole and Havana Moon. I found this be weak by comparison, it just didn't seem to capture as much energy. And was not loud enough. And the piano was too high in the mix. And no Lisa.

It's a very fine concert film, but to my ears, not so different from others. Ole is really something special though. IMHO.

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: September 24, 2016 07:48

Just got home after seeing the show with a buddy here in Calgary, Canada. I haven't been this impressed with a Stone's flic since I first saw Gimme Shelter
back in the winter of '70. For starters and most importantly, at least for me, was the sound. Very clear and crisp, great mix (you can even hear Daryl) and no
audience interference whatsoever-except between songs. I can't wait to get the soundtrack of this film, as good as anything I've ever heard live from the Stones, including Ya Ya's. Yes, there's some dubbing, most noticeably to me in OOC but I didn't really care. If a little dubbing is required to achieve such a magnificent musical result, I for one can live with it.
Many highlights in the film...don't know where to start but one thing that was most noticeable to me in the early part of the show was the audience shots of some quite elderly Cubans, I'm talking folks in their 60's and 70's who are dancing their asses off like their is no tomorrow - I'm sure they never in their lives expected to see and hear a spectacle such as a full blown Stones concert and they know they'll never get a chance like this again, truly amazing to see the looks on some of their faces, old and young alike.
Keith and Ronnie on Silver was as good a version as I've ever witnessed live and Keith gives Ronnie a beautiful smile at the song's end while giving Ronnie an affectionate head rub. Also lots of what seems to be genuine interaction and affection b/t Keith and Mick, and, as someone mentioned above, a great moment b/t Keith and Charlie caught from a camera angle from behind Charlie. Lots of different camera angles and wonderful editing.
Some fantastic harp playing from Mick and also an amazing hip-shake during Rambler.
I highly recommend going to see this movie on the big screen if the opportunity arises. As many here have said, there's nothing quite like getting to see this band up close and at the top of their game and Havana Moon allows you to see both.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: September 24, 2016 08:36

Saw Havana Moon last night in Alessandria, Italy. I liked very much The interview at The beginning , especially Charlie, and the comments before the encore. The concert is good , it is a Stones concert with a huge crowd. Same songs, same everything , same story.. Highlights OOC and Midnight Rambler. Amazing the difference when you see Mick during the interview (a little tired, showing his age)and the charisma he has during the concert....another person, 10-15 years younger . And, yes.....I miss Lisa and Bobby

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 24, 2016 10:00

Wild Slivovitz
Agree! One of the best concert films I've seen. A lot better than Sweet Summer Sun and a million times better than Shine A Light

thumbs up

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: September 24, 2016 11:39

Went to the movie yesterday. Great concert movie. Very nice camera shots. Really good camera work in fact. Sound was good in the theater.

Many Highlights : Out Of Control : Nice gutsy solo by Keith and great harmonica playing by Mick. You Got The Silver, The backstage moments,

Recommended !

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 24, 2016 11:54

SomeTorontoGirl
I'd love to hear from someone else who saw Ole Ole Ole and Havana Moon. I found this be weak by comparison, it just didn't seem to capture as much energy. And was not loud enough. And the piano was too high in the mix. And no Lisa.

It's a very fine concert film, but to my ears, not so different from others. Ole is really something special though. IMHO.

I've never heard of Crave TV before but apparently they have aquired the rights to Ole and Havana moon - Ole is to be screened on TV on 14th Oct and Havana Moon in January............ [www.thestar.com]

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: September 24, 2016 12:17

northof49
Toru A

Yep. "Still Pissed At Yoko" it actually was. Made me smile.

On a related side note, a funny little thing happened before our showing, when one middle-aged gentleman came walking up the aisle to find his seat, looked around in the auditorium and asked, "Any Beatles fans here?" grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home