Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 29
Re: The Rolling Stones - "Havana Moon" in cinemas September 23
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 22, 2016 17:28

gotdablouse
SSS doesn't have that horrible "distorsion autotuned" Keith solo on OOC, I almost wish they'd overdubbed it instead of getting an engineer to mess with it, I guess they (or even Pierre) can't even be arsed enough to do that these days...
It's pretty screwed up. I really wish Keith would just stop soloing to be honest...of course he has to do songs like IORR and Sympathy, but other than that, I'd rather him just focus on laying down a relentless, fat rhythm like he used to, especially now that Ronnie has got his chops back.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 22, 2016 18:46

keefriff99
gotdablouse
SSS doesn't have that horrible "distorsion autotuned" Keith solo on OOC, I almost wish they'd overdubbed it instead of getting an engineer to mess with it, I guess they (or even Pierre) can't even be arsed enough to do that these days...
It's pretty screwed up. I really wish Keith would just stop soloing to be honest...of course he has to do songs like IORR and Sympathy, but other than that, I'd rather him just focus on laying down a relentless, fat rhythm like he used to, especially now that Ronnie has got his chops back.

It's probably hard for Keith's pride to admit that his fingers just can't move like they used to. And there are certain songs where people expect a Keith solo, like the ones you mentioned and HTW. True that Ronnie has been playing great recently.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 22, 2016 19:15

HonkeyTonkFlash

Yeah, what's actually different on it from SSS?

A comparison could look like this:

Sources:
Hyde Park 2013 DVD: [www.amazon.co.uk]
Cuba Show Setlist: [iorr.org]
Havana Moon: [www.spio-fsk.de] ยท [www.bbfc.co.uk]

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: September 22, 2016 22:10

Only 13 songs, really?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 23, 2016 00:47

OOC already on youtube...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-23 00:50 by MAF.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: September 23, 2016 11:08

smileys with beerOh Goody Gum Drops!!!

Finish work at 12 today then back home for a few scoops and heading on the train to Brum for some rawkin!!!

Cheers

smileys with beer

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: September 23, 2016 11:21

exhpart
odean73
Monkeytonkman
odean73
Monkeytonkman
odean73
Cristiano Radtke
Monkeytonkman
This is doing my swede in. when are the UK cinemas going to be announced

I wanna shake my booty and keep it fruity that night!!!!!

\m/cool smiley\m/

UK cinemas are already listed at Stones in Cuba website: [stonesincuba.com]

Thanks.

Bit surprised it's Birmingham odeon,one big cinema divided into about six.

Nice to go back to my first concert venue thou.

so with a name like Odeon 73 does that mean that this is some kinda 42 year anniversay?

You are spot on.thumbs up

Well thats a beautiful thing. I will give ya a beer if I can find you!!!!!

\m/

Cheers, I will be there.

This is beautiful but maths not a strong point Moneytonkman? 43 year anniversary

Haha, Just read this. You wouldn't believe it. But I'm a Maths lecturer! Truth!!!

>grinning smiley<

Date: September 23, 2016 11:41

Being in the US, looks like I have to wait for the DVD. The trailers look good, looks like maybe a more exciting concert than Sweet Summer Sun; Keith looks a bit thinner, healthier and more animated than at Hyde Park 2013 - Should be a good watch.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: September 23, 2016 13:57

HonkeyTonkFlash
tonyc
I wonder if there is a delay in the U.S. because of the four tour dates in October? Maybe they want that out of the way before they bring it here.

There's gotta be some good reason. I can't fathom why they wouldn't show it in the US.

Clever wording since Fathom Events would be the one to show it in the U.S.

Date: September 23, 2016 14:27

tonyc
HonkeyTonkFlash
tonyc
I wonder if there is a delay in the U.S. because of the four tour dates in October? Maybe they want that out of the way before they bring it here.

There's gotta be some good reason. I can't fathom why they wouldn't show it in the US.

Clever wording since Fathom Events would be the one to show it in the U.S.

That's funny. I wasn't even aware of that fact!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 23, 2016 15:00

The first showings of 'Havana Moon' in Japan (which started 7pm) are now over.

Whether there will be some reports soon by the Japanese Stones-Fans? smiling smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 23, 2016 16:58

Baby I'm ready to go! I love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 23, 2016 16:58

Irix
The first showings of 'Havana Moon' in Japan (which started 7pm) are now over.

Whether there will be some reports soon by the Japanese Stones-Fans? smiling smiley

A Facebook friend from Japan contacted me and wrote he spotted me twice. So it must be a good movie smiling smiley

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 23, 2016 16:59

My wife and I had great two hours.
I've noticed Keith did his left heel raise when he plays acoustic guitar. smiling smiley

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: September 23, 2016 19:38

I'm off to see it this evening at 9..00pm in Milton Keynes. I've been traveling around England all summer on my narrow boat so just found nearest town to where I was.

My girlfriend lives in Toronto and it's on tonight in the city but she has found a showing on Monday in one of the smaller towns nearby.

I thought it was only bring shown one night only bBT obviously not

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 23, 2016 20:53

Had to take my father to hospital this afternoon and just arrived home...now it's too late to go...

I don't mind...sometimes there are people and things to handle and to deal with which are much more important than a movie or something else.

Anyway,hope those who watch stones at havana will have fun...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 23, 2016 21:14

pgarof
My girlfriend lives in Toronto and it's on tonight in the city but she has found a showing on Monday in one of the smaller towns nearby.

What?!?! Thanks! I'm tootling out shortly, but might be nice to see it again...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 23, 2016 22:07

Pre-order on Amazon.com: [www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 23, 2016 22:28

Great great great movie, very entertaining, we were clapping along and had a hell of a time.
Will defenitely buy this one. Gimme Shelter had some exciting moments, it was the highlight for me and also got the biggest ovation, followed by Sympathy For The Devil.

Thank you Rolling Stones! smiling smiley

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: September 23, 2016 23:10

Fantastic movie.
Great Versions of Angie, Out of Control, Midnight Rambler and Sympathy for the Devil. I really loved it.
smileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 23, 2016 23:13

shortfatfanny
Had to take my father to hospital this afternoon and just arrived home...now it's too late to go...

I don't mind...sometimes there are people and things to handle and to deal with which are much more important than a movie or something else.

Anyway,hope those who watch stones at havana will have fun...

Agree 100%! I hope your father is well now!
Let cross your fingers and hope for a second chance to watch the movie!
thumbs up

Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: September 23, 2016 23:58

I was late for the film. Entered the cinema when they played IORR. Can anyone discribe what was shown before the show started? Interviews and/ or scenes from Havana?
Thx in advance

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: September 24, 2016 00:23

Just come back from the cinema, near from Paris.
I do enjoy the film with all the Stones always smiling and in harmony for this special show!

I like the 2 old grandma on 'Honky tonk women'!!

Voodoosebi, you just miss the Stones' little interview to introduce the film and explain how it was possible, then nice pictures from La Havana and 'JJFlash.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 24, 2016 00:25

Great movie! thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 24, 2016 00:29

As a movie it beats sweet summer sun hands down.
However Keith often is hardly audible.
Its also the first gimme shelter without Lisa.
Her voice was much more powerful than sasha's
Music wise sticky fingers live is also a better performance.
At one point mick plays an acoustic but it appears his timing is less than optimal...

Posted by: thijs1981 ()
Date: September 24, 2016 00:33

I have to praise the director. We've seen a lot of concert films from our favorite band, but this guy managed to get amazing shots! Loved the interviews and the hilarious the anecdotes at the beginning. Charlie the comedian! Someone really pushed the right buttons and got lots of great quotes out of the guys. Loved that they were able to see the importance of humour. You don't stay together for 50 years without laughs, but rarely do we get to share in those moments in concert films.

As for the music... I thought they really got going with Silver and afterwards. Great version of Midnight Rambler! Fantastic how they managed to show us the crucial band interactions for the changes in the song.

The shots from the 'working desk' for the techs behind Charlie were also great. So nice to see this band enjoying themselves. The overall feeling seemed to be: "can you believe we're still doing this and feeling good?".

A lovely document.

Sound was not that good at our theater, but I have a feeling it had to do with the system. We had very little Keith guitar... How was the mix in other places? (I was at Tuschinski Amsterdam)...

Posted by: peterbsk ()
Date: September 24, 2016 00:33

Great movie! love it Cuba

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 24, 2016 00:45

I agree that this film was a cut above the rest - so many amazing shots all the way through. But I also agree that the sound wasn't the best. Maybe that depends on the movie theatre. I saw it in Rome with about another 50 people in the audience. There was a second showing that people were coming into as we exited from the first showing. Can't wait to see the Ole tour film now!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 24, 2016 00:48

I'm back from the cinema. First of all the sound wasn't that good in Sindelfingen. It was like a mono sound came out of the speakers. Was this any different in other cinemas? Vocals and drums were very loud but the guitars, the sax and the backing vocals were sometimes not audible. Especially the Brown Sugar sax solo seemed very distant.

But the film was great. Fantastic versions of Out of Control, Angie, Rambler and Honky Tonk Woman (I don't like that song very much in concert but this version kicks ass). The low points were You can't Always get (too fast, Jagger too affected) and Gimme Shelter (Lisa was way better). I thought the little extra jingles they played during Rambler and at the end of You can't... and Satisfaction were a good surprise.

I really liked the pictures where they showed what the Stones do backstage behind the drums. That was cool. I also liked that they showed many shots of people in the audience dancing and other things. Someone at the front even had a guitar with him/her.

What I don't believe is that there were 1.2 million people at the concert as stated at the beginning. I don't even believe there were 500.000. It looks like 100.000 but not much more. They never showed much of the audience in the back but when they did (during Satisfaction) it didn't look much more than at Hyde Park.

I am looking forward to the Blu Ray with better sound.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 24, 2016 01:01

The sound was a bit low in Cardiff too but still pretty decent for a tenner..............cool smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1309
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home