Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 29
The Rolling Stones - "Havana Moon" movie in cinemas
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 23, 2016 16:49

The Rolling Stones - "Havana Moon" in cinemas September 23

This is not only be the title of a Chuck Berry song, but also the title of the Stones' next video filmed during the Cuba show in March.

After the Sweet Summer Sun, we got the Hanana Moon !
Like Keith said in 1995 : We got the sun, we got the moon, we got the Rolling Stones !

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-08 19:12 by bv.

Re: Havana Moon
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 23, 2016 17:51

Great song from CB and covered well by Carlos Santana on his Havana Moon album which, IMHO, is the best solo thing ever done by Carlos. Looking forward to the Stones video.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 23, 2016 18:18

When is this coming out? I'll buy it but it's really the same show as SWEET SUMMER SUN. I would rather have the much rumored NO SECURITY show instead or STICKY FINGERS Live in LA

Date: July 23, 2016 18:54

Should be released in Oct. or Nov.
The From The Vaults series is expected to resume in 2017 with probably Paris 1976 or a No Security tour show

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: July 23, 2016 19:03

I wish they would have played it in Cuba!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 23, 2016 21:33

Doc
The From The Vaults series is expected to resume in 2017 with probably Paris 1976 or a No Security tour show

It's probably too early for another Steel Wheels era concert, but at least Atlantic City '89 is still out there.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: July 23, 2016 22:17

This video is being released by the lawyer who put up the money for the show in Cuba, I guess that was part of his deal with the band?

Date: July 24, 2016 09:44

24FPS
Doc

It's probably too early for another Steel Wheels era concert, but at least Atlantic City '89 is still out there.

Atlantic City's release is probably complicated because of the guests...

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: July 24, 2016 09:56

Don't they have any show from the 73 European Tour on film? That would be special...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 24, 2016 15:28

Mr.D
This video is being released by the lawyer who put up the money for the show in Cuba, I guess that was part of his deal with the band?

What's the source of that info? Did that lawyer also hire Paul Dugdale to film it?

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 25, 2016 03:53

dmay
Great song from CB and covered well by Carlos Santana on his Havana Moon album which, IMHO, is the best solo thing ever done by Carlos. Looking forward to the Stones video.

Agree 100%. Santana is backed by the Fabulous Thunderbirds on that entire CD. Even has a duet with Willie Nelson on the CD. "One With You" is also a killer song on that album/CD.

Date: July 25, 2016 16:37

NoPanic
Don't they have any show from the 73 European Tour on film? That would be special...

There is few footage from Australia 1973 in Crossfire Hurricane, but that's all we got so far.
Havana Moon is a "new" release that will have nothing to do with the From The Vault releases.

From The Vault should be back next year. But with the Stones, you never know !

Posted by: Ale67 ()
Date: July 25, 2016 16:55

Nooo, please... tell me it's not true...
another useless video concert full of warhorses annoyingly played over and over...
What a drag

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-25 16:56 by Ale67.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 25, 2016 17:35

Ale67
another useless video concert full of warhorses annoyingly played over and over...
What a drag

Imagine the whole Fonda gig will be included...
Would that ease your pain ?

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: July 25, 2016 17:50

Can they give us the Sticky Fingers Live dvd/blu-ray this Christmas?

Date: July 25, 2016 20:03

shortfatfanny
Ale67
What a drag

Imagine the whole Fonda gig will be included...
Would that ease your pain ?

Totally! mmm... do you know something that I don't?... eye popping smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 25, 2016 23:14

do you know something that I don't?... eye popping smiley

Yeah need feed anyone a pizza with ham on it ...
Then you'll never be guilty of causing people to become over weight

ROCKMAN

Date: July 25, 2016 23:19

Rockman

What's this nonsense?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 26, 2016 01:05

Ale67
Rockman

What's this nonsense?

Might be the "all you can it" principle...

To answer your question :
I don't know whether or not the Fonda gig gets a release.
If it's a Havanna affair first...fine.

Date: July 26, 2016 08:44

Might be the "all you can it" principle...

To answer your question :
I don't know whether or not the Fonda gig gets a release.
If it's a Havanna affair first...fine.[/quote]

Thank you very much smileys with beer

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 27, 2016 01:04

Chuck did a pretty tasty remake of this is 1979..kinda dig it

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 27, 2016 01:46

[realscreen.com]

Maybe it's this documentary and we are not getting another SWEET SUMMER SUN

Date: July 27, 2016 02:30

Wasn't it called "Olé, Olé, Olé"?

Date: July 27, 2016 07:23

DandelionPowderman

The working title of the forthcoming Eagle Rock release during the last weeks was Havana Moon.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 27, 2016 07:37

Doc
DandelionPowderman

The working title of the forthcoming Eagle Rock release during the last weeks was Havana Moon.

I really can't see a reason to use that title on a DVD from the entire Latin America Tour. Perhaps there will be two DVDs, one documenting the Olé Tour and another with the Havana concert? Just a guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-27 07:38 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: July 27, 2016 11:25

The Cuba show is the most emblematic show of the recent tours.
A symbolic premiere and a worldwide coverage in the media.
It is very logical to capitalize on this concert's visibility

Olé Olé Olé is IMHO less efficient

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 27, 2016 12:00

Cristiano Radtke

Perhaps there will be two DVDs, one documenting the Olé Tour and another with the Havana concert?

I think that too:

"The concert film and documentary were produced by JA Digital." - [dugdaleblog.com]

'Havana Moon' could be the concert film (theatrical release?) and ‘Olé Olé Olé!’ is the documentary.

Date: July 27, 2016 12:53

Irix
Cristiano Radtke

Perhaps there will be two DVDs, one documenting the Olé Tour and another with the Havana concert?

I think that too:

"The concert film and documentary were produced by JA Digital." - [dugdaleblog.com]

'Havana Moon' could be the concert film (theatrical release?) and ‘Olé Olé Olé!’ is the documentary.

Well spotted, Irix! thumbs up

Date: July 28, 2016 12:16

THE ROLLING STONES IN CUBA CONCERT FILM ‘HAVANA MOON’ TO BE PREMIERED IN CINEMAS FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY

[stonesincuba.com]

Good Friday – 25 March 2016 is a date that will go down in Cuban and Rock ‘n’ Roll history. On that date, The Rolling Stones became the first rock band to play a massive free outdoor concert to hundreds of thousands in Havana, Cuba. The historic concert was filmed by award winning director Paul Dugdale and the result is a must see one night only cinema experience – ‘HAVANA MOON’ – The Rolling Stones Live in Cuba will be premiered on cinema screens across the globe for one night only on Friday 23 September 2016.

Musicscreen, who specialize in bringing music concerts to cinema, are distributing this film to more than thousand screens throughout Europe, Australia, Russia, Japan and Latin America. CEO David Pope commented: “The Havana Moon cinema experience immerses the audience in fantastic surround sound with super high definition visuals, it is the closest you will get to being there, don’t miss it!”

Tickets will go on sale at the beginning of August available from www.stonesincuba.com.

The British rockers highly anticipated free show attracted a million people in the country’s capital city in the same week as President Obama became the first serving US President to visit Cuba in 88 years. TV News reported that Obama was ‘the warm up act’ for the Rolling Stones and Obama paid tribute to the Stones in his first speech to the world’s media in Havana. As the Stones took to the stage under a perfect ‘Havana Moon’ for a show that will forever go down in history books as a life changing moment for a country on the brink of change, there was nothing that was going to come between the band and their fans including the Vatican in Rome who had objected to rock n roll in Havana on Good Friday.

Mick Jagger welcomed the massive crowd who had come to watch the historic show: “Finally the times are changing, Cuba we are so happy to be here.” and joked with his bandmates during the performance describing them as “The Revolutionary Ronnie Wood…Charlie Che Watts….Compadre Keith Richards”

They played all the hits including ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, ‘It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll’, ‘Paint It Black’, ‘Honky Tonk Women’, ‘Start Me Up’, ‘Brown Sugar’, You Can’t Always Get What You Want’ and ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’ and a few suprises too.

As one Cuban said, “Wow never, ever, ever did I think we would see this. This has been a big dream for me. We want more, more, more of this. This is the beginning. Fantastico”

Another concert goer said: “This is a moment I have been dreaming about for a really long time. I have just witnessed the most important concert in Cuba in a long time because it’s The Rolling Stones.”

Now, the magic and excitement of that historic night can be enjoyed as part of a cinema audience – in surround sound and on the big screen – for one night only at an exclusive cinema event on 23 September.

The Stones film Havana Moon will transport cinemagoers onto and out front of the Rolling Stones gigantic stage and immerse them in the excitement of that groundbreaking night in Havana. The title Havana Moon comes from an old Chuck Berry song.

“Stunning performance” -Frances Robles, New York Times

“This was no ordinary concert” -Richard L. Dewey, Rolling Stone

“Spectacular” -Jonathan Watts, The Guardian

“Never seen anything quite like it” -Julia Kuttner, Mirror

“Unforgettable” -Robin De Peyer, Evening Standard

“Epic and history making”-Harriet Alexander, Telegraph

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-28 12:19 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 28, 2016 12:32

They indeed release another "nobody-really-needs-this"-package including the same setlist as Hyde Park? Very disappointing... they try to sell us useless stuff and put the Fonda gig on the shelf. It seems they need a better consigliere.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2103
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home