Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: OT: Jeff Beck
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 23, 2022 19:12

If it wasn't bad enough for Beck to be associated musically with Depp, he's now doubling down on stealing an old folk song : [www.rollingstone.com]

Yeah I know, they probably got sold the idea from a lawyer trying to make bucks off of them but common sense should have prevailed and Beck should have run away from this shameful "counter-suit"...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 23, 2022 19:35

gotdablouse
If it wasn't bad enough for Beck to be associated musically with Depp, he's now doubling down on stealing an old folk song : [www.rollingstone.com]

Yeah I know, they probably got sold the idea from a lawyer trying to make bucks off of them but common sense should have prevailed and Beck should have run away from this shameful "counter-suit"...

There probably wouldn't have been a lawsuit at all if Depp wasn't involved.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 24, 2022 04:30

crholmstrom
gotdablouse

A shame Jeff got himself caught up in all this mess as now his integrity is being called in to question more than ever.
Seems just about everything about this collaboration with Depp has been terrible - musically and now morally.
Keith was wise to sever the ties with Depp when he did, and hope Jeff will eventually see the light also.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: October 24, 2022 18:40

On a more positive note, I was in the front row for the Beck/Depp show at the newly opened MGM in Boston a couple weeks ago, (right behind center field at Fenway Park - nice enough 5,000 seater). I enjoyed the heck out of it. Beck came out and did 45 minutes or so - reminding the crowd why he still remains simply without parallel - some jaw dropping moments.
Then finally out comes Johnny, and they launch into Rumble. Say what you will (and yeah - he really does not belong on the same stage as Jeff), the boy has star power to spare, and the crowd loved it. And this was no 'greatest hits approach' as they dug out Lennon's Isolation, The Velvet Underground's Venus in Furs, and even a Killing Joke song. I kind of wish I had listened to their CD prior - which upon a listen afterwards, is not bad.
Anyway - I thought it was a really enjoyable show. Enough Jeff to marvel once again at him, and then 'the movie star' to add to the excitement of the night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-24 22:00 by DEmerson.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 24, 2022 19:59

DEmerson
On a more positive note, I was in the front row for the Beck/Depp show at the newly opened MGM in Boston a couple weeks ago, (right behind center field at Fenway Park - nice enough 5,000 seater). I enjoyed the heck out of it. Beck came out and did 45 minutes of so - reminding the crowd why he still remains simply without parallel - some jaw dropping moments.
Then finally out comes Johnny, and they launch into Rumble. Say what you will (and yeah - he really does not belong on the same stage as Jeff), the boy has star power to spare, and the crowd loved it. And this was no 'greatest hits approach' as they dug out Lennon's Isolation, The Velvet Underground's Venus in Furs, and even a Killing Joke song. I kind of wish I had listened to their CD prior - which upon a listen afterwards, is not bad.
Anyway - I thought it was a really enjoyable show. Enough Jeff to marvel once again at him, and then 'the movie star' to add to the excitement of the night.

Hope they tack on a Seattle date at the end of the tour.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 30, 2022 22:51

crholmstrom
gotdablouse

But mostly because Depp most likely came up with the idea for that "song" ? I can't imagine Beck having any kind of interest in that story in the first place. Well he did get a co-credit apparently...

Interesting point about Keith "distancing" himself from Depp...just as well that movie/documentary project never saw the light of day.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 30, 2022 23:00

Dont worry about it .....
Mr Zimmerman has borrowed heaps of lyrics and riffs ...

ROCKMAN

Date: November 5, 2022 22:53

A dying breed, Toronto two weeks ago:

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home