Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT : Staying in Paris
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 10:28

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage
Perpetrator is said to be a 31 year old Frenchman with roots from Morocco.

Tunisia, I heard?
yes franco-tunisian
known by the police but not by the intelligence service

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 15, 2016 19:54

Stoneage
That's it. Now it's war. And time to stop immigration from the Middle East. My thoughts goes to those poor victims in Nice tonight.

Except that the person who did this was french so clearly stopping immigration wouldn't have stopped him. There are a bunch of innocent people who no longer have a place to live, cutting them off from the rest of the world is not going to help anything (regardless of the fact that they will come anyways). Think about if it was you and your family that needed shelter and your country was the one going up in flames. Easy to simplify the issue when you're not the one living it. Ok I've probably already said too much so I'll stop myself.

My sympathy goes to all of the victims of terrorism all around the globe, including those in Nice.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 15, 2016 20:05

The information I have at hand now says it was probably a lone maniac who did this. I was earlier convinced it was a terrorist. Hence the rhetorics. That changes the game plan of course.
You can't go to war against one person. Especially if he's already dead. I will erase my earlier post in order not to confuse or upset anyone.

Posted by: MisterAccapella ()
Date: July 15, 2016 20:16

Visit the bar at L'Hotel. They have pictures of Jagger, Lennon, and Jim Morrison behind the bar. All three have drank there.

Date: July 15, 2016 20:40

Stoneage
The information I have at hand now says it was probably a lone maniac who did this. I was earlier convinced it was a terrorist. Hence the rhetorics. That changes the game plan of course.
You can't go to war against one person. Especially if he's already dead. I will erase my earlier post in order not to confuse or upset anyone.
the method used by this assassin is the one recommended by Daech. To use vehicles to kill people.
For the moment, we can't say that the assassin is a Daech soldier but he sure shares the same madness !

Date: July 16, 2016 11:34

alieb
Stoneage
That's it. Now it's war. And time to stop immigration from the Middle East. My thoughts goes to those poor victims in Nice tonight.

Except that the person who did this was french so clearly stopping immigration wouldn't have stopped him. There are a bunch of innocent people who no longer have a place to live, cutting them off from the rest of the world is not going to help anything (regardless of the fact that they will come anyways). Think about if it was you and your family that needed shelter and your country was the one going up in flames. Easy to simplify the issue when you're not the one living it. Ok I've probably already said too much so I'll stop myself.

My sympathy goes to all of the victims of terrorism all around the globe, including those in Nice.

A post with both heart and reason thumbs up

Re: OT: Nice, France - Bastille Day attack
Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 16, 2016 11:40

There was a hero on a motorcycle who tried to stop this, catch up the truck/lorry but got crushed underneath. When something like this would happen, it surely would be shocking.

Anyway, I do understand a number of persons are not sure this was a jihadist attack.

It really makes one feel very "gutted" as the English say over what happened.

One does have to wonder though, how this driver got his hands on grenades if he did indeed have some and other weapons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-16 11:43 by BroomWagon.

Date: July 16, 2016 12:06

well now it's just been said on a French news TV channel that the assassin was a soldier of Daech !

Date: July 16, 2016 12:21

alieb
Stoneage

no, he was Tunisian.
so, the point is, can we carry on encouraging immigration from countries in which some people hate France and French people ?
the answer is no even if it's sad to be said.

in France, we have about 4 millions of people from Maghreb and 3 millions from Black Africa. A large majority of these people are muslims. A minority of them generates integration problems.
BUt more and more isolated people (French and foreigners) under Daech influence can turn into assasins.
What can be done to stop this violence ?
continue to fight Daech, more control of social networks...it's a long way to get to peace.

Date: July 16, 2016 13:06

jpasc95
alieb
Stoneage

no, he was Tunisian.
so, the point is, can we carry on encouraging immigration from countries in which some people hate France and French people ?
the answer is no even if it's sad to be said.

in France, we have about 4 millions of people from Maghreb and 3 millions from Black Africa. A large majority of these people are muslims. A minority of them generates integration problems.
BUt more and more isolated people (French and foreigners) under Daech influence can turn into assasins.
What can be done to stop this violence ?
continue to fight Daech, more control of social networks...it's a long way to get to peace.

ISIL took on the responsibility for his actions. That doesn't mean he wasn't a lunatic loner. ISIL might just have been opportunistic here - we just don't know yet.

Date: July 16, 2016 13:40

84 dead people !!
how many more do you want to understand that the assassin was inspired by Daech spirit and methods ?

Date: July 16, 2016 13:55

jpasc95
84 dead people !!
how many more do you want to understand that the assassin was inspired by Daech spirit and methods ?

We had a similar number of casualties here in 2011, committed by a crazy lone Wolf who had nothing to do with any such organisation.

I passed the government quarters he bombed 10 minutes before the bang, btw..

Date: July 16, 2016 19:30

DandelionPowderman
jpasc95
84 dead people !!

We had a similar number of casualties here in 2011, committed by a crazy lone Wolf who had nothing to do with any such organisation.

Things are clear now, according to many witnesses, he often referred to Isil and Daech these last months.
He got radicalized quickly.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 16, 2016 19:34

Thanks to all for your compasssion
can't believe such hate and violence can exist

Luv you all
Sway

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: July 16, 2016 19:45

jpasc95
DandelionPowderman
jpasc95
84 dead people !!

Things are clear now, according to many witnesses, he often referred to Isil and Daech these last months.

With a history of mental illness as well (one thing doesn't rule out the other, though)..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 16, 2016 20:04

DandelionPowderman
jpasc95
DandelionPowderman
jpasc95
84 dead people !!

With a history of mental illness as well (one thing doesn't rule out the other, though)..

these radical causes take advantage of the mentally weak and challenged and disenfranchised. very tough to fight.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 17, 2016 00:18

terrible news, rip to all involved, some were just babies.

sadly these events will just happen and keep happening elsewhere.

im wondering if its safe to go anywhere these days.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 17, 2016 06:53

buttons67
terrible news, rip to all involved, some were just babies.

sadly these events will just happen and keep happening elsewhere.

im wondering if its safe to go anywhere these days.

Life is never safe. The risk to get killed in a car accident is still considerably higher than to get killed by a terrorist attack. One just wonders were all this will lead to. What do these people believe they achieve when they kill 50 people here, and 100 people there? They can't win a "war" with these figures, as tragic as each and every loss of human life is. Creating fear is one thing, but I believe their true aim is to create as much tension between muslim and non-muslim people that can ultimately lead into civil wars.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 18, 2016 01:21

jpasc95
84 dead people !!

Same as you follow the Stones on the internet and can access their videos he could with ISIS as it is called in America. I have no proof he did but I have think that "lone wolf" is an obsolete phrase in this interconnected age. So yes he was inspired via internet photos and videos and ISIS imagery on TV...could even be Al Jazeerah TV.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 18, 2016 04:35

Bono reportedly was nearby, in a restaurant; read about it here: [www.nydailynews.com]

[fifties-lovers.goodforum.net] My friends over at the Rock City Boogie Forum discuss.

The whole incident breaks my heart... really...

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-18 04:37 by BroomWagon.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 18, 2016 16:23

It was very sad and shocking to see the news in the Berlin hotel I was staying in. Beaucoup de force

Date: July 18, 2016 16:47

It is clarified now that the terrorist, Mohamed, was recruited by ISIS two weeks before the attack.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 18, 2016 17:04

Stoneage
It is clarified now that the terrorist, Mohamed, was recruited by ISIS two weeks before the attack.

Looks like they only recruit criminals..............so they can deserve place in heaven................

Date: July 18, 2016 18:05

NICOS
Stoneage

Looks like they only recruit criminals..............so they can deserve place in heaven................
no it's not proved true yet.
no direct link with Isil is established for the moment.
He sure was interested in Daech ideology.

Date: July 18, 2016 18:33

According to AP who has spoken to his uncle he was recruited by two IS recruiters from Algeria. I think this is an reliable source as any at this stage of the investigation.

Date: July 18, 2016 18:49

he talked about one man from Algeria and I repeat that for the moment no direct link is established with Isis. The investigation in ongoing.
[www.ibtimes.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-18 18:57 by jpasc95.

Date: July 18, 2016 19:29

I was on the Promenade des Anglais when the attack happened. Ironically, during the fireworks just before it happened, Paint It Black thundered from the loud speakers. Darkness indeed that night.

Date: July 18, 2016 19:33

Richard from Canada
I was on the Promenade des Anglais when the attack happened. Ironically, during the fireworks just before it happened, Paint It Black thundered from the loud speakers. Darkness indeed that night.
I hope you're safe ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-19 07:01 by jpasc95.

Date: July 19, 2016 05:05

I was lucky. I had just walked that part of the Promenade about 45 minutes earlier. The attack zone started right at our hotel - initially the rumour was that we were under siege and that bombs had been placed inside. Fortunately that was't true. Bono was just down a block or two from us.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 19, 2016 05:09

Richard from Canada
I was lucky. I had just walked that part of the Promenade about 45 minutes earlier. The attack zone started right at our hotel - initially the rumour was that we were under siege and that bombs had been placed inside. Fortunately that was't true. Bono was just down a block or two from us.

Glad you and yours are safe, Richard. Safe travels.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1240
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home