Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11
Re: Mick Jagger to Be a Dad Again at Age 72
Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: July 16, 2016 17:04

Mick didn't want to be shown up by the "New" guy Ronnie lol! Gives new meaning to the touring concept 50 and counting... Good on ya Mick!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 16, 2016 17:14

desertblues68
As a woman, and 19 years over the age of 29, I don't think I could have a relationship with a bloke 40 years older than me, due mainly to the generation gap, not much in common. However I think there are men around or better alpha
males that even if they are older or they look like the back of a bus (such as Picasso), they exude or exuded an immense sexual power, due mainly to their extraordinary talent and intelligence. Some Younger women cannot resist this power and enter into relationship and have children with these sometimes more mature men. I have have never encountered these sex gods in person, so I do not know what it is like to be in their close presence or to have a conversation with them, but I think that in some cases there might be more than gold digging involvedgrinning smiley

From just being a casual observer of society, and taking several psychology/sociology courses working through my college degree (along with my own male perspective), I would argue that money and power are the two major ingredients that would entice young women to an older man.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 16, 2016 17:16

Stoneage
Why not close this thread then? Or make it a strict congratulations thread? If you write what you think or something containing criticism, even if it's just stating facts, or sarcasm you will have the Thought Police
or the Fan Boys after you anyway. And they aren't always very nice...

You went over the line in your harsh criticism,judgements and name calling which was called out swiftly by several.

"Quote
Stoneage
Eight children with five women. Married only one of them. Countless infidelity. A man of no country. A tax dodging vagabond. And they knighted this @#$%&. Can you believe it?"

What you criticized Jagger for could have been written in 2003 when he was knighted with the subtraction of one woman and child. It's 2016 and you have harbored this venom for him for at least 13 years? "knighted this @#$%&". I guess Mick's fortunate you're a "fan".

Now you follow up with yet more name calling and rationalizations.
Perfect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-16 17:17 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 16, 2016 17:24

Sighunt
desertblues68
As a woman, and 19 years over the age of 29, I don't think I could have a relationship with a bloke 40 years older than me, due mainly to the generation gap, not much in common. However I think there are men around or better alpha
males that even if they are older or they look like the back of a bus (such as Picasso), they exude or exuded an immense sexual power, due mainly to their extraordinary talent and intelligence. Some Younger women cannot resist this power and enter into relationship and have children with these sometimes more mature men. I have have never encountered these sex gods in person, so I do not know what it is like to be in their close presence or to have a conversation with them, but I think that in some cases there might be more than gold digging involvedgrinning smiley

From just being a casual observer of society, and taking several psychology/sociology courses working through my college degree (along with my own male perspective), I would argue that money and power are the two major ingredients that would entice young women to an older man.

I amm not that young anymore, but some of the powerful and wealthy men (by no means all of them) are very intelligent and talented or both.I am quite intrigued by intelligence and talent.smoking smiley

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: July 16, 2016 17:39

People are raving on and on in negative words.
It's so obvious people are just jealous over his ability to live his life like he was 30 years old. Stones fans have always protected and savioured Jagger's ability to kick it on stage at 70. Now they are ranting because they are jealous over his ability to plant his seeds, just because they aren't able to do it themselves!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 16, 2016 18:02

Mister DDDD: I stand by what I wrote. They are incontestable facts. But I also erased this statement since it might not be suitable in a thread like this. I don't want to upset anyone.
Name calling? You're the one doing that. Now, let's stop this futile conversation before it gets ugly. At least we should be able to agree on that. Shouldn't we?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 16, 2016 18:17

Congratulations to Mick and Melanie,I'm happy for them.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 16, 2016 18:33

wonderboy
I think it's our business in the sense it's good for society that children are brought up right, as we have a society in which families raise children.
Mick will be able to provide financially, but there is no way he will be there for changings and to drive the child to school and build a day to day relationship with him.
We have a big problem in the U.S. with children being raised by single moms that provides a drain on all of us.
You'd just like to see men taking fatherhood seriously and that includes rock stars.

True.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 16, 2016 18:38

Sighunt
desertblues68

Doesn't explain Tony Randall who became a father at 77.....Ewwww.

http://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle/article/The-odd-couple-A-look-at-Heather-Randall-s-1303064.php

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 16, 2016 18:45

When the baby is born, Sir Mick Jagger is already 73 years old.

Congratulations to Mick & his girlfriend. smileys with beer

Date: July 16, 2016 19:02

Must be Jagger's line
If only I could get my rocks off while I'm sleeping
ba-dum-bum

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 16, 2016 19:09

roller99
Sighunt
desertblues68

http://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle/article/The-odd-couple-A-look-at-Heather-Randall-s-1303064.php

Oh, but I think it does. In the article, Heather Randall says:'Who wouldn't want a successful, smart, wonderful man who worshipped the ground you walked on?'"

And that is the point, many of these (young, attractive) gals (who could have the pick of the litter with regards to choosing a partner) see no problem hooking up with an older man as long as he is successful (and often times that translates to power & money) so they can be taken care of financially and have the resources that other suitors don't have.

eye popping smileyeye popping smileyRe: Mick Jagger to Be a Dad Again at Age 72
Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: July 16, 2016 19:33

Sighunt
And that is the point, many of these (young, attractive) gals (who could have the pick of the litter with regards to choosing a partner) see no problem hooking up with an older man as long as he is successful (and often times that translates to power & money) so they can be taken care of financially and have the resources that other suitors don't have.

In most cases your observation might be to the point, but sometimes pairing has nothing to do with young age of the dame - best example are Jerry Hall and Rupert Murdoch.

Re: eye popping smileyeye popping smileyRe: Mick Jagger to Be a Dad Again at Age 72
Date: July 16, 2016 19:38

Ruediger
Sighunt

In most cases your observation might be to the point, but sometimes pairing has nothing to do with young age of the dame - best example are Jerry Hall and Rupert Murdoch.

That's different because Jerry isn't young anymore.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: July 16, 2016 19:48

DandelionPowderman
Bungo
28 YEARS OLD !?!

Oh. OK. That's not so bad.

Date: July 16, 2016 20:08

The biological clock TICK TOCKS at 29. Happened to me- breezed thru my 20's no mind of having kids, 29, whoa.
Animal part of the human, however that is said, similar when it's explained as a generality men needing to procreate, so to speak.
So maybe, she said yes or no mate, because I can step.
Don't know doesn't matter,
but she has it going on.

Re: eye popping smileyeye popping smileyRe: Mick Jagger to Be a Dad Again at Age 72
Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: July 16, 2016 20:08

DandelionPowderman

That's exactly what I wrote.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 16, 2016 20:30

That's rock'n'roll for you.

It so is. It's HILARIOUS. Of course it's absurd - but only a Rolling Stone "could get away with it"!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 16, 2016 20:56

Stoneage
Mister DDDD: I stand by what I wrote. They are incontestable facts. But I also erased this statement since it might not be suitable in a thread like this. I don't want to upset anyone.
Name calling? You're the one doing that. Now, let's stop this futile conversation before it gets ugly. At least we should be able to agree on that. Shouldn't we?
Agree.
I will take it a step further and apologize to you and anyone my sarcastic rebuttal offended.

After my post, which I honestly thought was a fairly tame humorous way to express my outrage at your admittedly unsuitable post, I was mischaracterized and attacked for it. Disagreeing morally or any other way with Mick's lifestyle or life choices is fine with me and some facts are incontestable as you say. Your personal attack (And they knighted this @#$%& ) on Mick however is indeed contestable, hence the disagreement.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-16 20:58 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 16, 2016 21:04

Ruediger
I think that we should not always act as if everything the RS are doing is correct or could be admired.

When I first found a picture of Mick and Melanie in a newspaper a few days after L'Wren's tragic death and posted it here together with my comment "The dark side of M.J.'s" this posting disappeared miracously within hours.

Why?

Why can't we face the fact that the RS are in a way normal people and, when it comes to Mick, dirty old men without any morals?

Please read what the Daily Mirror has to tell the world:

[www.mirror.co.uk]

This has nothing to do with the RS's music which I have been loving since 1963.

Regard, Ruediger

My questions are: Why shall we be moral judges of actions in other people's private lives, be they famous or anybody? Why can't we live ourselves according to our own various ideas in private affairs, provided that we do not thereby use force against others' choices and actions? And if someone, all the same, wants to stand up for certain values in private affairs, why cannot that be advocated without condemning other individuals for not living according to your own preferred values?

Date: July 16, 2016 21:22

Bungo
DandelionPowderman
Bungo
28 YEARS OLD !?!

Oh. OK. That's not so bad.

winking smiley

Date: July 16, 2016 21:23

Ruediger
DandelionPowderman

That's exactly what I wrote.

Glad we agree (AND I should read your posts more thoroughly) winking smiley

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 16, 2016 21:37

BILLPERKS
Ridiculous.
Greatest performer in rock history.
Offstage, its kinda pathetic.

Agreed.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 16, 2016 22:02

mick jagger-

the guy never ceases to amaze me.he has pissed off everyone through his entire life by living his own way and playing by his own rules.

the 1960's rebel leading a band of misfits pissing of polite society.
1970's gender bending in glam make-up and rumored affairs with nureyev and bowie.
the 1980's and 90's through today-pushing the limits of how long a rocker can perform,having sponsors cover the cost of a tour and charging top dollar-you were supposed to quit at 30 but now most of those giving him grief then are now doing the same things.jagger never brings it up,never whines.he just keeps rocking.

his first born child has an ivy league education that he paid for,the rest of his children will never want for anything for the rest of their lives.
this next child will live his or her life with the ability to be anything he or she wants and will go through life knowing they are the offspring of one of the great charactors of modern history.

this isn't a "72 year old man" as i've seen him described in the media,this is mick fckng jagger.the finger wagging public needs to know-he didn't give a shit what you thought in the past and he doesn't now.

winking smileyRe: eye popping smileyeye popping smileyRe: Mick Jagger to Be a Dad Again at Age 72
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 16, 2016 22:15

It's not often I agree with lem motlow, but . . wait, is that a pig I see flying by?? winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 16, 2016 22:33

Congratulations to Melanie and Mick. I am sure Mick will live until he is 100 plus and he will be a great great grandfather and more. All the best wishes for the future.

So many people see problems. It comes with age. If you don't have anything nice to say then think twice why you want to spell out your own frustrations in the public. It is about manners. If your best friend said he - or she - would become a father again, would you say "congratulations" or would you insult with rude comments? What kind of a real fan would like to insult any members of the Stones? It is beyond my understanding.

Bjornulf

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 16, 2016 22:50

Public figures lives are public. Act accordingly.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: July 17, 2016 00:28

bv
Congratulations to Melanie and Mick. I am sure Mick will live until he is 100 plus and he will be a great great grandfather and more. All the best wishes for the future.

So many people see problems. It comes with age. If you don't have anything nice to say then think twice why you want to spell out your own frustrations in the public. It is about manners. If your best friend said he - or she - would become a father again, would you say "congratulations" or would you insult with rude comments? What kind of a real fan would like to insult any members of the Stones? It is beyond my understanding.

Bjornulf, when we don't agree about the Stones, it is always "beyond your understanding". Do not be in agreement with someone, does not mean we insult them. Between "congratulations and insulting" there is world. About to be a good fan, nice fan, Spare the rod and spoil the child. Most of people there have children and can have an idea about having children at a certain age.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 17, 2016 01:04

We're all on the website because we love and adore the Stones. Why is it so difficult to believe that this young lady wasn't simply swept off her feet by the fabulous Mick? Haven't we all been? I don't think any of us are here because of Mick's fortune. Yes, he is as an older man but he is an older man who is still sexy as hell and in absolutely phenomenal shape. I think some of the gentlemen are a wee bit jealous. As for a woman who chooses to get involved with him...I love him to pieces but "abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-17 01:07 by steffialicia.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 17, 2016 01:10

I got married when I was 45. People would ask me at the time if my wife (who btw is older than me) planned to have kids. I'd tell them that if we had a kid the next year, I'd be in my 60s when the kid became a teenager. Having to chase around teen hellion when I'm descending toward retirement would be a bit much.

Jagger will be in his late 80s when Kid8 becomes a teenager. But he'll have more help. If he passes at 90 (like his dad), Kid8 will be 17 when he goes. One can only hope they have a lot of quality time in that time.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home