Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11
Re: Mick Jagger to Be a Dad Again at Age 72
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 16, 2016 09:29

Bashlets
mick really needs to start thinking about a vasectomy. He has always had several young gals going at once and he has never claimed to be in a monogamous relationship with this girl. Yet in this day and age she ends up pregnant? He'll support her and be a great dad but I can't help but think that deep down inside he feels like he has been duped again.

That's up.to him, but maybe as his last child is 17, he believed that his reproductive years were over, although some men can still have kids at a mature ageeye popping smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 16, 2016 10:12

Witness
stonesrule
Of course there's a FACT that no one seems to mention.

It's really none of our business.

Eventually in this thread, I read a post that expresses what I immediately thought.

Same here. I only saw this thread today, and seriously can't believe some of the posts, especially those claiming to read the mind of a total stranger or advising him to have surgery. People's reproductive lives are their own, IMO.

Posted by: ladylou ()
Date: July 16, 2016 10:13

Witness
stonesrule

Eventually in this thread, I read a post that expresses what I immediately thought.

No idea why you 2 are reading this thread... BTW Mick LEAKED this story to The Sun

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 16, 2016 10:15

ladylou
Witness
stonesrule

No idea why you 2 are reading this thread... BTW Mick LEAKED this story to The Sun

So? The news in itself isn't the issue. Some of the posts about it are.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 16, 2016 11:04

Very adequate response, Aquamarine!

I wondered what are your motivations and outlook involved in reading and writing on IORR, ladylou. So I looked at your postal history. Well, I got an impression.

Date: July 16, 2016 11:22

Bungo
28 YEARS OLD !?!

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: July 16, 2016 11:25

Mick Jagger is NOT in a relationship with mother of his baby Melanie Hamrick

21:07, 15 Jul 2016
Updated 21:07, 15 Jul 2016
By Tom Bryant

Pals say the 72-year-old Rolling Stones legend is only in a 'casual relationship with 29-year-old ballet dancer Melanie Hamrick

Sir Mick Jagger was stunned to learn he is to become a dad for the eighth time – but friends insist he is not with the tot’s mum Melanie Hamrick .

The rock legend, who turns 73 this month, has vowed to support the child as well as 29-year-old dancer Melanie.

A pal said: “It’s a very casual relationship, they see each other now and again and really enjoy each other’s company.

They aren’t living together and don’t plan to. But Mick will look after the baby 10 times over. There is talk of buying a house for Melanie.

“He was shocked beyond belief at news she was expecting but will do whatever it takes to support Melanie and the child.”

Rolling Stones star Sir Mick and Melanie started seeing each other after his long-term girlfriend L’Wren Scott’s suicide in 2014.

They were first linked when spotted together later that year on the balcony of his hotel in Zurich.

He has introduced her to his ­children and the pair visited his private ­Caribbean island of Mustique earlier this year. Melanie has no plans to move to London from New York when the baby is born.

But she may relocate to Los Angeles where he spends a lot of time or to Connecticut to be near her family.

Great-grandad Sir Mick’s seven kids are from four different mothers.

He has daughters Karis Hunt Jagger, 45, from his relationship with Marsha Hunt and Jade Jagger, 44, with ex-wife Bianca. The singer had Elizabeth, 32, James, 30, Georgia, 24, and Gabriel 19, with Jerry Hall and a son, Lucas, 17, with Brazilian model Luciana Gimenez.

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: July 16, 2016 13:16

I think that we should not always act as if everything the RS are doing is correct or could be admired.

When I first found a picture of Mick and Melanie in a newspaper a few days after L'Wren's tragic death and posted it here together with my comment "The dark side of M.J.'s" this posting disappeared miracously within hours.

Why?

Why can't we face the fact that the RS are in a way normal people and, when it comes to Mick, dirty old men without any morals?

Please read what the Daily Mirror has to tell the world:

[www.mirror.co.uk]

This has nothing to do with the RS's music which I have been loving since 1963.

Regard, Ruediger

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 16, 2016 13:44

Did Miss Hamrick warn Mick that she couldn't stand condoms ? lol
yeah when you call my name, I salivate like .....

Date: July 16, 2016 14:16

I read most of the posts and I'not able to distinguish the genre of the poster. But it would be interesting to know what women think about this.
That is to say.. I'd like to read an explanation by a woman of what would attract to a girl in her twenties to a 72 years old man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-16 14:18 by emotionalbarbecue.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 16, 2016 14:20

Simple .......... YUMMY DADDY

ROCKMAN

Date: July 16, 2016 14:21

................ Ya can't beat them ........ XFX

ROCKMAN

Date: July 16, 2016 14:35

@ emotionalbarbecue:

Being male I cannot tell you for sure what a young woman might find in a man at the age of 72.
Therefore, I have asked my daughters (26 and 28) and they said that the only reason they can imagine is that the life of the young woman's offspring (and her own) will forever be free of financial problems...
(There is a famous saying: "Close your eyes and think of England!") ;-)

Any woman here? Her thoughts?

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 16, 2016 14:38

As a woman, and 19 years over the age of 29, I don't think I could have a relationship with a bloke 40 years older than me, due mainly to the generation gap, not much in common. However I think there are men around or better alpha
males that even if they are older or they look like the back of a bus (such as Picasso), they exude or exuded an immense sexual power, due mainly to their extraordinary talent and intelligence. Some Younger women cannot resist this power and enter into relationship and have children with these sometimes more mature men. I have have never encountered these sex gods in person, so I do not know what it is like to be in their close presence or to have a conversation with them, but I think that in some cases there might be more than gold digging involvedgrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-16 14:40 by desertblues68.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 16, 2016 14:59

Babies have been born in all kinds of situations since forever. I understand the parents are public figures and that people have a right to express their opinion. I have laughed at some of the gentle teasing of our knighted singer over his latest escapade. smiling smiley

But I've never been comfortable with out and out criticism of the circumstances of a child's conception. I find it to be somewhat insensitive to the coming child. A baby has no say in how he or she came into the world.

Best wishes Melanie and Mick for a healthy little one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-16 15:04 by latebloomer.

Date: July 16, 2016 15:01

Very well put latebloomer ..... post of the day

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 16, 2016 15:21

Of course it is Mick and Melanie's own choice to have a baby.

Then you can discuss, if it is a good choice for a kid to grow up with a 70 -> year old father....!! Mick has all the means ensuring a good up-growing. Let's hope Mick lives long enough for his kid to have him at least til he is some 15-20.

Some research in Sweden show that kids of older fathers are more likely to have a variety of brain and nervous system conditions, such as autism, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and ADHD - because of an increase in mutations in older men’s sperm. Let's see how the outcome will be.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 16, 2016 15:35

Why not close this thread then? Or make it a strict congratulations thread? If you write what you think or something containing criticism, even if it's just stating facts, or sarcasm you will have the Thought Police
or the Fan Boys after you anyway. And they aren't always very nice...

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: July 16, 2016 15:40

desertblues68
As a woman, and 19 years over the age of 29, I don't think I could have a relationship with a bloke 40 years older than me, due mainly to the generation gap, not much in common. However I think there are men around or better alpha
males that even if they are older or they look like the back of a bus (such as Picasso), they exude or exuded an immense sexual power, due mainly to their extraordinary talent and intelligence. Some Younger women cannot resist this power and enter into relationship and have children with these sometimes more mature men. I have have never encountered these sex gods in person, so I do not know what it is like to be in their close presence or to have a conversation with them, but I think that in some cases there might be more than gold digging involvedgrinning smiley

+1
Me too, I don't want to fuuuck with Mister Jagger. smoking smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 16, 2016 15:49

Rockman
Very well put latebloomer ..... post of the day

Yup, also, wasn't Charlie Chaplin around 72 when Geraldine was born...something Went wrong with that Child having a 'very old' father?

2 1 2 0

Date: July 16, 2016 15:54

@ mtaylor:
You write that it is the pair's own choice to have a baby.

"Normally" both parties decide to have a child and then act accordingly.

All we know in this case is that Mr. Jagger was totally surprised to hear that the woman he had sex with was expecting. This does not sound as if they had had a joint decision.

Anyway, Melanie has obviously decided to have the baby and therefore all we - the RS-community - can do is hope that the baby will be well.

@ Stoneage:
I know what you are talking about, because I once had the Thought Police after me... :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-16 15:57 by Ruediger.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 16, 2016 15:56

The latebloomer is eloquent
'never comfortable with out and out criticism of the circumstances of a child's conception. I find it to be somewhat insensitive to the coming child. A baby has no say in how he or she came into the world.'

Furthermore, extremely poor taste (because this new life is here, 3 months)
to discuss the down sides of older...sperm.

And really, the despair over the kid not growing up with a Father maybe because of age? Look around. Look at all the poverty that causes various neglects in innocent born children's lives. 50% divorce rates, single moms doing the real work of both, every other weekend Dads wine and dine.

Really. She's 29 never married no kids had a career since a kid she worked at that paid her fairly well I bet. Could go back to teach if she had to.

Ease up.
Congrats. I bet she makes a great Mom.

Date: July 16, 2016 16:11

35love, Rockee, Come on...thanks for the kind words.

I've never been and never will be someone's thought police. I know there are other opinions...mine, unfortunately, comes from personal experience. Things can go wrong no matter what the age of the parents and that is that is why I prefer not to say much of anything other than congrats and best wishes for a healthy baby.

I do hope Bjornulf keeps this thread open.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-16 16:13 by latebloomer.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 16, 2016 16:17

latebloomer

I've never been and never will be someone's thought police. I know there are other opinions...mine, unfortunately, comes from personal experience. Things can go wrong no matter what the age of the parents and that is that is why I prefer not to say much of anything other than congrats and best wishes for a healthy baby.

*Me too.
And if I seemed harsh in my last post about easing up,
I plea lack of coffee.
And sensitivity about not being in control of the final outcomes despite doing it all 'right'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-16 16:20 by 35love.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 16, 2016 16:26

Just to make it clear. I wasn't criticizing you, Bloomer. I would never do so. I know you are a nice person and I always respect your opinion. Even when I don't agree with you!

Date: July 16, 2016 16:30

35love
latebloomer

*Me too.
And if I seemed harsh in my last post about easing up,
I plea lack of coffee.
And sensitivity about not being in control of the final outcomes despite doing it all 'right'

With or without coffee, you are a sweetheart, 35. <3

Yeah there are a lot of us out there, but life is full of ups and downs and much of it is beyond our control, eh?

With two dancin parents, this baby will be swaying to the music from the get go.

Be well and rock on everyone!

Date: July 16, 2016 16:32

Stoneage
Just to make it clear. I wasn't criticizing you, Bloomer. I would never do so. I know you are a nice person and I always respect your opinion. Even when I don't agree with you!

Same here, Stoneage. smileys with beer

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 16, 2016 16:52

Ruediger
@ mtaylor:
You write that it is the pair's own choice to have a baby.

"Normally" both parties decide to have a child and then act accordingly.

All we know in this case is that Mr. Jagger was totally surprised to hear that the woman he had sex with was expecting. This does not sound as if they had had a joint decision.

Anyway, Melanie has obviously decided to have the baby and therefore all we - the RS-community - can do is hope that the baby will be well.

@ Stoneage:
I know what you are talking about, because I once had the Thought Police after me... :-)

Mick and Melanie have been "together" since mid 2014. They met first time in Tokyo backstage February 2014. According to the news, Melanie has been introduced to the rest of Jagger's family and she has been about to retire from her ballet.

This is not a one-night affair like with Luciana Giminez. Maybe it has not been planned, but Mick should know about the risk. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-16 17:14 by mtaylor.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 16, 2016 17:01

Our small little planet will always have a place for another rich man´s child, so why worry. It´s their private life, they can do as they please.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 16, 2016 17:02

I think it's our business in the sense it's good for society that children are brought up right, as we have a society in which families raise children.
Mick will be able to provide financially, but there is no way he will be there for changings and to drive the child to school and build a day to day relationship with him.
We have a big problem in the U.S. with children being raised by single moms that provides a drain on all of us.
You'd just like to see men taking fatherhood seriously and that includes rock stars.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home