Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26
Re: "The Rolling Stones in Mono" - September 30 2016.
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 8, 2017 12:02

Irix
hockenheim95

Now only 105€ on Amazon Germany.

It's only the CD-Box: [www.Amazon.de] . Vinyl is currently still 319.99€ on Amazon.de and also €300+ at other vendors.

The CD-Box was available for only 89.99€ on 31-Jan2017 at Bol.de: [iorr.org] .
Funny thing is that amazon.de states for CD box 'Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months' and set delivery date as beginning of May. Anyway, the price is going down a bit winking smiley.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 8, 2017 12:45

ironbelly

Funny thing is that amazon.de states for CD box 'Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months' and set delivery date as beginning of May. Anyway, the price is going down a bit winking smiley.

On [www.jpc.de] you can pre-order now the 'Pink Floyd: The Early Years 1965–1972: The Individual Volumes'. The original Box set was EUR 529 around Xmas.

Maybe ABKCO will then start the same with the RS-Mono-Box soon (except the 'Stray Cats' Compilation) ....

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 8, 2017 13:02

Irix
hockenheim95

Now only 105€ on Amazon Germany.

It's only the CD-Box: [www.Amazon.de] and delivery within 1-2 months. Vinyl is currently still 319.99€ on Amazon.de and also €300+ at other vendors.

The CD-Box was available for only 89.99€ on 31-Jan-2017 at Bol.de: [iorr.org] .

Currently you can get 20% off with Voucher-Code: 5QR38HKZ4F at Music, Films & more if you use Thalia.de instead of Bol.de (the Login-data are the same).

the bol.de thing never worked for me. I ordered it, they cancelled it. Then I called them and they said they can't deliver it but it was still online for more than two days. So instead of this bol thing this is the cheapest price I have ever seen. I don't mind that it takes 1-2 months if I can save good money.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: March 10, 2017 15:08

Wow! I just received my italian amazon box and I am almost through the second album (12×5).

I have NEvER EvER heard the early stones this way. For me those early albums on vinyl have always been out of reach or in too bad condition. These are of course shiny new, but also in mono as intended. The box arrived in perfect condition thanks to the foam inserts and despite of clear outer damage.

Back to the music: it s like I am listening to completely new albums the quality is amazing, the sound is crisp and warm, one of the best reissues I have ever laid my hands upon. That is of course before listening to the rest of it smiling smiley

Get it while you still can! I am still looking for a Beatles mono box, but prices went through the roof! And now experiencing these stones on mono, i am even more eager to find it..... anyone got a spare? smiling smiley smiling smiley winking smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 10, 2017 15:19

damnation

Get it while you still can! I am still looking for a Beatles mono box, but prices went through the roof! And now experiencing these stones on mono, i am even more eager to find it..... anyone got a spare? smiling smiley smiling smiley winking smiley smiling smiley

Sorry, no spare but get the Fabs in mono if you possibly can. It really is superb!

Date: March 10, 2017 16:10

damnation

Get it while you still can! I am still looking for a Beatles mono box, but prices went through the roof!

Have a look at Dodax - currently €359.30 - [www.dodax.nl] .

They're also present in other countries (see the bottom line of their website). Delivery is a little bit slow, but everything else was OK (I've bought some CDs recently there).

Date: March 11, 2017 00:52

Thanks Irix and rebelrebel..... now I NEED it more than ever smiling smiley enjoy your weekend!

Re: Rolling Stones Vinyl Mono Box - price drop
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 11, 2017 01:14

Irix
kowalski

I think it's worth noting that when you buy a hi-res download on Qobuz, you have then the choice of format (FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF...) and the choice of quality: 24-bit 192kHz, 24-bit 96kHz, 16-bit 44.1kHz, or even MP3...

Download-Format-choices in Qobuz if bought the Hi-Res 192kHz/24bit version:

But Qobuz is only available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Italy, Spain, UK, Ireland.

The 2.8MHz/1bit DSD-version of the Mono-Box can only be bought in North America.

Thanks Irix, a picture tells always better than words.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 14, 2017 21:28

Do you think the Chinese versions of the CD box are equally as good or are they censored? They seem to be considerably cheaper than anywhere else.

Date: March 14, 2017 21:45

VoodooLounge13

Do you think the Chinese versions of the CD box are equally as good or are they censored? They seem to be considerably cheaper than anywhere else.

Maybe this Post helps: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 14, 2017 21:51

Thanks lrix. Most helpful indeed!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 14, 2017 23:39

VoodooLounge13
Chinese boxes replicate digital content faithfully too. The tracks are CDDA quality and correspond to official release. The difference is in null samples and write offsets. I.e. accurip does not recognize Chinese versions as accurate within null samples and return a message like - you have different pressing. Other than that digital content (music itself) is absolutely identical to official release.

The other issue is low quality of the sleeves.

BTW, I saw official version of the CD box in local FNAC last week. But it was prices at 150 Euros. That is some 100 Euros more than Chinese.

Posted by: Vertigo05 ()
Date: March 15, 2017 19:26

The Rolling Stones In Mono (16 LP) for 219€ q amazon it!!!

[www.amazon.it]

Date: March 16, 2017 00:10

rebelrebel
damnation
winking smiley smiling smiley

Sorry, no spare but get the Fabs in mono if you possibly can. It really is superb!

Hey Rebel, just bought the fab box in mono for 350eur. Quite a lot more expensive than the stones one, but I guess the time you could find them any cheaper is way behind us. It was released in 2014 and most prices are around 450 eur now. Apparently only 40k were made, so I decided not to let go the cheapest one today: they might be put of stock real soon (if they aren't already as even the beatles store doesn 't sell them any longer)

Looking forward to getting/hearing them!

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: March 18, 2017 06:54

Did anyone get instead of Their Satanic Majesties Request vinyl in that album's sleeve a duplicate copy of the first disc vinyl of Stray Cats in the TSMR sleeve? The Stray Cats sleeve and contents are as per listed. But I have no TSMR vinyl.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: March 18, 2017 10:35

KingmanBarstow
Did anyone get instead of Their Satanic Majesties Request vinyl in that album's sleeve a duplicate copy of the first disc vinyl of Stray Cats in the TSMR sleeve? The Stray Cats sleeve and contents are as per listed. But I have no TSMR vinyl.

I have no idea where you bought the box (Amazon?) But ask that you be replaced
I checked mine and it's all right

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: March 18, 2017 10:42

Cheers Stone601. If I have #? of a limited edition of 10000 I wonder who got my TSMR vinyl? And I will ask.
It was Amazon BTW.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: March 18, 2017 10:53

Cheers Kingman Barstow. It is the fault of Amazon, who likes to swap disks
to pass the time when employees are bored.......

Posted by: lukpac ()
Date: March 31, 2017 21:59

damnation
Wow! I just received my italian amazon box and I am almost through the second album (12×5).

I have NEvER EvER heard the early stones this way. For me those early albums on vinyl have always been out of reach or in too bad condition. These are of course shiny new, but also in mono as intended. The box arrived in perfect condition thanks to the foam inserts and despite of clear outer damage.

Not sure what you mean.

The debut was recorded in mono, and other than some fake stereo LPs, it's only ever been issued in mono. All CD releases of it are mono.

The same is true for half of 12 X 5. For the other half, the 2002 SACD used the true stereo mixes, while other releases (including the mono box) simply use fold-downs of those stereo mixes, as dedicated mono mixes weren't made.

Date: April 1, 2017 12:02

Hello, sure the album has always been in mono, but what i meant is that i never heard it in such good quality! My other records are either worn or had surface noise, so having a crisp listening experience was really the first time for me. Wow!

Meanwhile the beatles mono box came in, much more attention to detail indeed. Sleeves are so close to the original and the hardcover book is of high quality.

Great stuff!

Date: April 1, 2017 12:45

damnation

Meanwhile the beatles mono box came in, much more attention to detail indeed.

Have you got it from Dodax? If so, what was your experience with this Shop?

Date: April 2, 2017 20:07

Yes indeed from dodax based on the recommendation. I ordered from thrm before (seller on amazon) and have always been happy about them. One time the record didn t show up, i contacted them and they send a new one. Shipping is from germany so a little slower, but 'cheaper' comes with a price,
I just ordered the new chuck berry lp from them for 21 euros shippong inc, looks like best current market price.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 3, 2017 04:56

KingmanBarstow

Oh, so...you're the lucky one, then???!!! ;-)

No, seriously, my copy is correct. Unfortunately! I won't play TSMR more than the once I already have. It's a dreadful record.

Rod

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 3, 2017 05:48

Amazon US currently has the Beatles mono vinyl box set listed at $303.89.

Mono [14 LP Box Set]

"Only 13 left in stock (more on the way).
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"

Date: August 25, 2017 12:56

The 192kHz/24bit HiRes-Version is currently available (until 31-Aug-2017) for only EUR 68.39 (instead of EUR 118.99) -- [www.Qobuz.com] .

There're also more special offers until 31-Aug-2017 on Qobuz.com -- see: The big Download-Sale 2017 .

(Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Italy, Spain, UK, Ireland).

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 25, 2017 18:16

I sat with this set for quite a while now. On vinyl. All in all very good pressings. However, boy it is amazing how poorly produced their stuff was up to Aftermath. Very distorted high-end frequencies (it is not the transfer, but same heard on original albums and CDs). Yet where the stereo albums sounded thin, the Mono have much more bass and low end umpf! From Aftermath on the production sounds much better. Particulary starting with Beggars, hats off to Jimmy!

Question about The Stones in Mono
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 29, 2017 11:08

Hi.
Is it worth to buy?would like to read some opinions.
Thanks.
Jeroen

Re: Question about The Stones in Mono
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 29, 2017 11:14

Yes it is.
I found the earlier records a revelation in mono.
But with the vinyls there are a number of boxes with bad pressings in it reported here on the site.
So my TSMR and BB in mono are unplayable, for instance. Others have had similar issues.
There are also fake chinese copies of the CD box reported here on the site.
Your best buy are the SA-CDs that were available for a while. I regret not having bought those. That's really the best quality sound and it beats vinyl.

Date: September 29, 2017 11:15

corriecas

Is it worth to buy? would like to read some opinions.

If you mean the 2016 Box-set "The Rolling Stones in Mono" - see here: [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-29 11:16 by Irix.

Date: September 29, 2017 11:16

A must-have, Jeroen!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1129
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home