Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 21 of 26
Re: FAKE, counterfeit Rolling Stones in Mono box sets!
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 16, 2016 21:31

countbean
I have an answer to my previous post: Following all the recommendations about ebay sellers I purchased a "Made in the USA" box. When it arrived I noticed glue on the outside of CD covers, poor quality colors, etc. Searched the molded IFPI number and all the sites that came up were in Chinese characters. FAKE!! The seller claimed he did not realize that fakes existed and allowed a return for refund.
The box was different from the legitimate ones I have seen online. The individual CD's only fit in the box if they were loaded nose down where the legitimate ones are pictured loaded horizontally.
What particular IFPI numbers you found on those CD's? Can you provide an example? Thank you beforehand.

Stones 16 album mono vinyl box set on sale for amazing price
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 11, 2017 13:16

You'll need to hurry as this will probably only last today if that. It's on Amazon France

[www.amazon.fr]

Re: Stones 16 album mono vinyl box set on sale for amazing price
Date: January 11, 2017 13:17

Doublecheck to avoid getting the chinese counterfeit-set (not saying this is a fake, though).

Date: January 11, 2017 13:21

It's currently for sale for 175 Euros which is a great price.

Date: January 11, 2017 13:21

Silver Dagger

Yeah, I saw that. Looks good indeed. But there was a warning here earlier about counterfeits.

Date: January 11, 2017 13:34

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

Yeah, I saw that. Looks good indeed. But there was a warning here earlier about counterfeits.
Not for LP sets. Chinese counterfeits were reported for 15 CD boxes.

Date: January 11, 2017 13:37

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

I think at least on Amazon you would be protected. There've been some crazy internet album prices in the last week. I missed it but the Pink Floyd 27 disc box went for something like £150 on a German site. The deal was only going for about an hour or so.

Posted by: alfstone ()
Date: January 11, 2017 13:49

Got mine......Vinyl mono box....177 euros in my case....happy for that smileys with beer

Date: January 11, 2017 14:38

I guess once the deal ends it'll be a case of 'you're out of time my baby'.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 11, 2017 14:59

Silver Dagger
I guess once the deal ends it'll be a case of 'you're out of time my baby'.

Bought one. Fingers crossed

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 11, 2017 15:07

I think I ordered the last one.

Posted by: alfstone ()
Date: January 11, 2017 15:14

Offer still on!!!

Date: January 11, 2017 15:23

Great!

Date: January 11, 2017 16:31

It's gone now

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 11, 2017 16:53

About half an hour ago it dropped to 140€...

Date: January 11, 2017 17:00

€364 now...

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: January 11, 2017 17:03

"C'est comme les places dans le TGV, pas deux prix pareils"

Date: January 12, 2017 14:55

Silver Dagger
You'll need to hurry as this will probably only last today if that. It's on Amazon France

[www.amazon.fr]

BTW, thank you Silver Dagger

Stones in Mono
Date: January 14, 2017 13:04

I couldn't find an existing thread on the recent Mono tracks.
Who knew? That this would be so radical, and earth shaking? Not me.
My good friend Rob in the UK had sent me most Beatles albums re-done in Mono, and they were fantastic. But I thought the Beatles had f*cked with the whole panning a lot more than the Stones. I don't think you got Stones tracks with the whole drum kit on one side.
But man oh man do these tracks come alive in Mono. The song that made me write this post is "High & Dry". Now I've always loved this track; but I considered it a medium tempo'd shuffle; with a country-ish acoustic guitar, and that Hi Hat. In Mono is starts to ring out like the Silver Train.

Re: Stones in Mono
Date: January 14, 2017 13:11

Going straight back to check them out now. Thanks for the tip Palace.

Date: January 14, 2017 14:01

Hey Silver, they sound so good. I just have to post here myself. "I am waiting" is gorgeous.

Edit - I can't get over it. This re-experiencing "AFTERMATH'. "the opening salvo of "Take it or leave it". Those snare rolls sound twice as powerful; Keith's acoustic rings out (where it used to sound very compressed), and the reverb is actually sparkling.
On 'Think" my favorite part has always been Keith's guitar/Sax. He does a fuzzed guitar line, which sounds like it should always have been a hornline. It is so baffling that with Mono we get better separation, clarity. I am going to have to ponder this one...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-14 14:07 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 14, 2017 14:30

Mono set ... Worth every cent just ta hear Aftermath and Satanic ...
Yeah Palace .. when I hit the second side of Aftermath I was nailed .. Flight 505 ... oh yeah babeeeeeeeee

ROCKMAN

Date: January 14, 2017 17:57

I agree. Aftermath on mono is a revelation. Beautiful! The entire box is fantastic. I like the fold downs of Beggars and Let it Bleed too. So much more bass and fuller mid range sound. Great! I have always loved The Rolling Stones Now, and on Mono! WOW! Lovely.

Posted by: sneaky ()
Date: January 19, 2017 08:54

Am I missing something? ...says 16 Lp but only 15 pictures on the box?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 19, 2017 10:14

sneaky
Am I missing something? ...says 16 Lp but only 15 pictures on the box?

Stray Cats a double LP?

Rod

Date: January 19, 2017 16:58

So, guys, did anybody get fake Chinese box? What is inside? Can anybody provide matrix numbers for the CD's and details of packaging?

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: January 19, 2017 22:36

ironbelly
So, guys, did anybody get fake Chinese box? What is inside? Can anybody provide matrix numbers for the CD's and details of packaging?

Haven´t received it yet. I guess you´ll either hear screams of agony or joy when they arrive. I got mine real cheap, so I hope for the real stuff but expect the worst winking smiley Guess Amazon sells the real stuff though.

Re: "The Rolling Stones in Mono" - September 30 2016.
Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 25, 2017 04:07

Sooooooooo....not to open up a can of worms, but.......

In reading page after page about the Mono box, it seems there is quite a mixed reaction to the set. Not so much from a musical standpoint but from a packaging one.

I really really really want to get this set, preferably the US edition (price-wise) but from what I gather the album reproductions are best on the $300+ Japanese edition. Ugh. really? Is the U.S. edition that bad?

It seems there was some speculation about these albums eventually coming out individually. Maybe one could hope the packaging will be better then?

What does the jury of my iorr.org family (peers) think I should do. I suppose the obvious answer is BUY IT. But seriously, enough people have bought it now on this forum. I trust you guys more than Amazon reviews. Thanks in advance.

sincerely,
Flood on the Page

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 25, 2017 05:56

RobberBride
ironbelly

Haven´t received it yet. I guess you´ll either hear screams of agony or joy when they arrive. I got mine real cheap, so I hope for the real stuff but expect the worst winking smiley Guess Amazon sells the real stuff though.

yeah, best to buy from amazon...don't take a chance with stuff like this.

Re: "The Rolling Stones in Mono" - September 30 2016.
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: January 25, 2017 08:25

floodonthepage
Sooooooooo....not to open up a can of worms, but.......

In reading page after page about the Mono box, it seems there is quite a mixed reaction to the set. Not so much from a musical standpoint but from a packaging one.

I really really really want to get this set, preferably the US edition (price-wise) but from what I gather the album reproductions are best on the $300+ Japanese edition. Ugh. really? Is the U.S. edition that bad?

It seems there was some speculation about these albums eventually coming out individually. Maybe one could hope the packaging will be better then?

What does the jury of my iorr.org family (peers) think I should do. I suppose the obvious answer is BUY IT. But seriously, enough people have bought it now on this forum. I trust you guys more than Amazon reviews. Thanks in advance.

sincerely,
Flood on the Page

The EU packaging is WAY better than the US. Not perfect packaging in any edition, be it Japan, EU or US. The sound is stellar, though.
Confirmed from press release that all albums minus Stray Cats compilation will come out in 2017.
If you want one, go for the EU edition from Amazon.co.uk.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 21 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home