Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: OOOH-Out Of Our Heads:The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and Me
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 25, 2017 03:43

bmuseed
We were starting the tour soon after the death of Brian and it wasn't known if Mick Taylor would mesh for the long run. Jagger told me to consider him a temporary hire for the tour. It was a test run..

DandelionPowderman
Congrats, Ron! Looking forward to this one.

A question: Why is Mick Taylor named as a temp? He was a full member surely?

Fair test run!!!!

Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: February 27, 2017 22:52

No..I started with the 1965 and 1966 tours...Swiss did a great description

His Majesty
Is the main focus and content of the book the 1969 tour?

Date: February 27, 2017 23:03

Well that sucks... from the beginning I was worried about delivery...
This is a hardcover...Createspace is Amazon's printer-they only print paperbacks. I am using INgram/Lightning Source as the printer and was told that sometimes Amazon screws with third parties..seems to be the case..
I will be filing a complaint..
PS-the printer has plants in the UK and AU and they should supply direct..

bleedingman
Deltics
oldschool
So I ordered the book on the 18th and Amazon has postponed my shipping date until Feb 27th. Hopefully this means the book is selling well and they just need more stock. The suspense is killing me.hot smiley

Amazon UK has been saying "Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available." since it first appeared on their site a few weeks ago and saying it would be released on February 14.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Same here, Deltics. I pre-ordered and it never shipped so I actually canceled my order because I thought there was some glitch which occasionally happens with Amazon. Figured I'd wait but after reading the review by swiss (thank you!) I re-ordered and now they tell me "Arriving Wednesday March 1st." Still looking forward to it, whenever.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: February 28, 2017 00:05

I can't wait until this is back in stock. I am in the UK and have ordered my copy. Really looking forward to this - thanks again Ronnie for writing this and and sharing your memories with us - it is much appreciated. Hey, maybe you should come to the UK on a book/speaking tour!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 28, 2017 00:44

Thanks for the update, Ronnie. If it would help, maybe I could contact Amazon as a customer if I don't receive it soon. They are usually very customer-conscious. In any case, I'll keep my order open and hope for the best. Good luck with the printer.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 28, 2017 01:30

bmuseed
This is a hardcover...Createspace is Amazon's printer-they only print paperbacks. I am using INgram/Lightning Source as the printer and was told that sometimes Amazon screws with third parties..seems to be the case..

bleedingman
Deltics
oldschool
So I ordered the book on the 18th and Amazon has postponed my shipping date until Feb 27th. Hopefully this means the book is selling well and they just need more stock. The suspense is killing me.hot smiley

Amazon UK has been saying "Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available." since it first appeared on their site a few weeks ago and saying it would be released on February 14.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Same here, Deltics. I pre-ordered and it never shipped so I actually canceled my order because I thought there was some glitch which occasionally happens with Amazon. Figured I'd wait but after reading the review by swiss (thank you!) I re-ordered and now they tell me "Arriving Wednesday March 1st." Still looking forward to it, whenever.

Yeah Amazon was supposed to ship today but looks like another delay. I will file a complaint but if you have an alternate source you can recommend Ron I will order from them......

Date: February 28, 2017 02:42

I spoke with Ingram and they are getting on Amazon, but they say Amazon has 30 days to get it together after the release date and I released it on the 14th..
And with regard to Australia and the UK...seems I was supposed to put a separate price for each but that shouldn't have been the problem.

I released it early for you: the IORR fans..I should have expected some technical glitches..

I didn't want to ship books but I can be an alternate source. contact me from my site

oldschool
bmuseed

bleedingman
Deltics
oldschool

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Yeah Amazon was supposed to ship today but looks like another delay. I will file a complaint but if you have an alternate source you can recommend Ron I will order from them......

Date: February 28, 2017 03:21

bmuseed
I spoke with Ingram and they are getting on Amazon, but they say Amazon has 30 days to get it together after the release date and I released it on the 14th..
And with regard to Australia and the UK...seems I was supposed to put a separate price for each but that shouldn't have been the problem.

I released it early for you: the IORR fans..I should have expected some technical glitches..

I didn't want to ship books but I can be an alternate source. contact me from my site

oldschool
bmuseed

bleedingman
Deltics
oldschool

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Thanks Ronnie no worries I know it is not your fault. I don't want to hassle you with shipping so I will wait for Amazon to get their act together. If things fall through completely I will take you up on your offer.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: February 28, 2017 15:17

Are autographed copys available ??

Date: March 1, 2017 17:26

Just got this from Amazon:

We're encountering a delay in shipping the item below. The new delivery date is indicated below. We'll send a confirmation when your item ships. We apologize for the inconvenience.

New estimated delivery date:
Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Date: March 1, 2017 23:49

bleedingman

We're encountering a delay in shipping the item below. The new delivery date is indicated below. We'll send a confirmation when your item ships. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Same here shipping delayed until March 7th. sad smiley

Date: March 2, 2017 00:40

oldschool
bleedingman

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Estimated. Oh well, happy for the people who have received a copy - whatever the source. smoking smiley

Date: March 2, 2017 00:46

bleedingman
oldschool
bleedingman

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Estimated. Oh well, happy for the people who have received a copy - whatever the source. smoking smiley

Yeah it sounds like it is well worth the wait so hopefully Amazon gets their act together as their service is usually flawless in my experience.

Date: March 2, 2017 18:19

Please let me know if there are any more Amazon delays... I ordered a case (8 books)from Ingram on Feb 22 and they were delivered yesterday March 1.. one week with media mail shipping..so any delays seem to be with Amazon. I hope they solved the problems for the start of the new month..
I put in prices for the UK and Australia so they should print and ship from there for local purchasers.
Just got another review:
"Just now finished the book and I'm feeling several things. One is my admiration for your accomplishment in having written a wonderful, incredibly enjoyable look into the lives of unique, special, gifted artists...I think that a great many readers will or would like to say: "THANK YOU for taking me behind the curtain...for letting me see how the MAGIC is made!!!
It's a wonderful book & a wonderful read. I don't doubt - not for one second - that your book will be embraced & loved...as I have. GOOD WORK!!!" Amazon Customer

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: March 3, 2017 21:34

Ron -

I just got notified by Amazon of another delay too.

Here's the message:

We're encountering a delay in shipping the item below. The new delivery date is indicated below. If you still want to receive this item, please let us know. We apologize for the delay.

Order placed Feb 10, 2017
Wednesday, March 8, 2017 - Thursday, March 9, 2017

I'm still patiently waiting.

Date: March 4, 2017 00:23

As Mick once said "All good things come to those who wait". Reminds me of this:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 4, 2017 01:17

WOO HOO! Amazon shipped my copy today and I should have it Monday!!! I think this calls for a Stones marathon of 60's recordings with multiple cocktails this weekend to celebrate and prepare. smileys with beer

Date: March 5, 2017 18:43

Has anyone gotten the book from Amazon?

While I have pictures and documents no has seen..it is refreshing to get the same from fans (Katy MacLeod Davidson)

She sent me this photo her friend Larry took with a poloroid, almost 52 years ago: I was having a chat with Keith by the pool.
July 12th 1966, St Louis, Chase Park-Plaza Hotel

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 5, 2017 20:18

I just can't imagine any of them staying in such resorts now...actually 'mixing' with the residents.

Date: March 6, 2017 10:08

jlowe
I just can't imagine any of them staying in such resorts now...actually 'mixing' with the residents.

Indeed, although last year, in Buenos Aires, we were swimming up and down sharing the pool with Anita Pallenberg........which was somewhat surreal!

Date: March 6, 2017 22:03

Book arrived today from Amazon U.S. and have to say it is a very impressive and quality effort for a self published book.

I am looking forward to digging into the text but also love the appendices with copies of all the documents and clippings which looks to be a as many pages as the text. This looks like a real treat for us Stones fans.

Once I get the time to read it I will give more impressions. Thanks again Ron for sharing all your archives with us fans!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 6, 2017 22:19

Manofwealthandtaste
jlowe

Indeed, although last year, in Buenos Aires, we were swimming up and down sharing the pool with Anita Pallenberg........which was somewhat surreal!

Aah.....so can you tell all.
Is Anita a good swimmer?

Date: March 6, 2017 22:42

bmuseed
Has anyone gotten the book from Amazon?

While I have pictures and documents no has seen..it is refreshing to get the same from fans (Katy MacLeod Davidson)

She sent me this photo her friend Larry took with a poloroid, almost 52 years ago: I was having a chat with Keith by the pool.
July 12th 1966, St Louis, Chase Park-Plaza Hotel

It is so amazing to me that you knew Keith and others for such a long, busy time on an intimate basis. Like in this ic: what could you guys be talking about? "This lounge chair is pretty comfortable..."

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: March 7, 2017 17:20

Ronnie

My copy arrived today and it looks very impressive, stories of the band on the road and lots of copies of the business side of the band in color and pics I haven't seen before.

"Finally, a favorite for all of us Amsterdam", October 9, 1970 - Amsterdam, Netherlands, Rai Amstelhal " - a quote out of the book.

I missed that concert but Music friends of mine attended that concert and mine was to come in Rotterdam in 1973.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to read it.

Date: March 7, 2017 22:21

oldschool
bmuseed

bleedingman
Deltics
oldschool

[www.amazon.co.uk]

I have to say this has been the worst ordering experience I've had in the hundreds of orders I've placed with Amazon over the years:

We're encountering a delay in shipping the item below. The new delivery date is indicated below. If you still want to receive this item, please let us know. We apologize for the delay.

Details
Order #
Placed on Thursday, February 23, 2017

Monday, March 13, 2017

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 7, 2017 22:26

bleedingman
oldschool
bmuseed

bleedingman
Deltics
oldschool

[www.amazon.co.uk]

I have to say this has been the worst ordering experience I've had in the hundreds of orders I've placed with Amazon over the years:

Details
Order #

Monday, March 13, 2017

It's still saying "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available." on Amazon UK.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: March 7, 2017 23:11

Mine has shipped today, wohoo! It will arrive mid-April since I live close to the northpole, so a bit of waiting, but thats ok. I can wait for a piece of quality.

Date: March 7, 2017 23:44

Deltics
bleedingman
oldschool
bmuseed

bleedingman
Deltics
oldschool

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Details
Order #

Monday, March 13, 2017

It's still saying "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available." on Amazon UK.

Why not order it from Amazon U.S. as they seem to have stock and the price is the same as on the UK site?

Date: March 8, 2017 00:22

oldschool
Deltics
bleedingman
oldschool
bmuseed

bleedingman
Deltics
oldschool

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Details
Order #

Monday, March 13, 2017

Why not order it from Amazon U.S. as they seem to have stock and the price is the same as on the UK site?

Speaking for myself I did order from Amazon U.S. In fact I pre-ordered almost a month ago and it never shipped so I cancelled and re-ordered. Hopefully this indicates that Ronnie is selling a lot of books and demand is high.

Date: March 8, 2017 01:28

I haven't had a response to any of my claims.

Email me.. If you want, I will send direct ....takes a week or 2nd day in the US.

oldschool
Deltics
bleedingman
oldschool
bmuseed

bleedingman
Deltics
oldschool

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Details
Order #

Monday, March 13, 2017

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home