Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: OOOH-Out Of Our Heads:The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and Me
Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: April 20, 2017 02:51

john lomax (), Glad you enjoyed it..

Date: April 27, 2017 17:10

When Bill Wyman took me an LA clothing designer, I had high hopes for a fringe suede tuxedo. Seems the designer didn't quite get the formal design I had in mind...

Date: May 13, 2017 20:54

On May 15, 2017, Monday, I will be releasing the paperback black and white versions of my book on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.--Out of Our Heads -270 pages and Out of Our Heads with Proof of Truth- 490 pages.

Date: May 20, 2017 18:24

Barnes & Noble has my paperbacks at better prices.. Out of Our Heads with Proof of Truth and Out of Our Heads Without Proof of Truth Amazon is still screwing around --they haven't listed my paperbacks in total..

Date: May 20, 2017 19:06

I'll be signing books in Santa Monica, CA on June 8

Hope to see you. Please let me know you are an IORR fan...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 21, 2017 21:34

Interview with Ed Opperman of The Opperman Report:

Ronnie Schneider : "Out of Our Heads" From Sam Cooke, the Beatles, Rolling Stones US Tours, Altamont

[www.spreaker.com]

Out Of Our Heads:The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and Me-call in radio show
Date: May 23, 2017 18:54

I'll be taking calls during the show

May 24 - Baton Rouge, LA WBRP-FM 107.3
7:04 am PT/9:04 am CT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-23 19:50 by bmuseed.

Re: Out Of Our Heads:The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and Me-call in radio show
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 24, 2017 03:24

bmuseed
I'll be taking calls during the show

May 24 - Baton Rouge, LA WBRP-FM 107.3
7:04 am PT/9:04 am CT

Cool! But also zoicks - that's early for some of us-uns in PST! However, I'll try to call and ask a pithy question smiling smiley

- swiss

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: May 25, 2017 04:54

Ronnie,

I don't know if you're aware of this, but Amazon has two different kindle versions for sale (well, probably the same version of the book, but two different prices):

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]

Which one should I buy? I want to make sure the correct amount of money goes to you.

-R

Date: May 25, 2017 18:43

One version is without the Proof of Truth (3.99)the other with the Proof of Truth (9.99 color)--the Proof of Truth is the 220page Appendices which includes telegrams, telexes, letters, contracts and other documents that I included to back up my stories.

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: May 25, 2017 19:07

Thanks!

Date: May 29, 2017 05:12

I have released all versions of my book. Here are the Amazon links:

Out of Our Heads With Proof of Truth-All Versions
Hardcover $68.98
Paperback $34.99
Kindle $9.99

Out of Our Heads Without Proof of Truth-All Versions
Paperback $19.69
Kindle $3.99'
it's also on Barnes & Noble

Enjoy

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 29, 2017 14:58

Just ordered the Kindle Proof version.
Some holiday (Spetses, Greece) reading in June.
Many thanks, Ronnie!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 23, 2017 16:58

Ronnie Schneider – I managed the Rolling Stones

Ronnie Schneider managed the 1966, 1969 and 1970 US tours of the Rolling Stones. He also was heavily involved with the dissolution of the Beatles and the reorganisation of their business arm. Ronnie has also worked Neil Sedaka, Sam Cook and Nancy Wilson. Pluto Media sat down with Ronnie and spoke about his life, music, some of the artists he has worked with the release of his book "Out of our heads".

What made you decide to write the book now?
I decided to write about it 10 years ago, started writing 5 years ago, and now is when I published it.

There is a strong sense of "family" that resonates through the book, you seemed to be more than a manager to the band, why is that?
When you are on the road - living /working together with a common goal, you become family.

Interesting title, it’s the name of the Rolling Stones third album - why did you choose that?
For over 4 yrs I went through various titles and recently I remembered Out of Our Heads. I thought it could be a good title for the book ... referring to numbers and music that comes out of our heads. Plus, the Acronym is OOOH !

The picture on the cover of the book is you counting wads of cash in the background and Mick Jagger walking away smiling. It’s a wonderful image of the two roles and dynamics, how often did this happen?
Quite often, I was the petty cash guy.

You would have dealt with a lot of personalities, how hard was it to wrangle everyone in the same direction?
They always got there and time has made it seem easy.

You were hired by your uncle, Allen Klein, as an intern from College. What do you think he saw in you?
My mother (his sister) told him to hire me smiling smiley And he kept me on, so he saw something.

It's hard for someone to understand how hard you worked, perhaps you can give me a quick overview of how hectic your job became, how long your average day was?
The job is 24/7 on the road. At the office it wasn't measured in hours if you want to succeed. At the time I never thought about writing a book or taking a vacation since I was too busy living life and working.

"Gimme Shelter" has become such a well known movie. But what people don't know is that it was screened at Cannes but never entered into the film competition component, why was that?
Don't know or I don't remember. A Maysles decision probably. (the film director Albert Maysles)

You have mentioned that there was a lot of untruth over "Gimme Shelter". What is the real story?
This is where I could say, "read the book". Short version-the film was never planned. The untruths are in regard to Altamont. The biggest untruth is the Rolling Stones hired the Hells Angels for Altamont ... they didn't.

You must have had a lot of opportunities, a lot of business deals come across your desk. Any missed opportunities you regret now?
Keeping control of "Gimme Shelter" and making the Warner's distribution deal for the film.

You must have met some crazy characters; any particular person springs to mind?
Crazy, does not judge.

A lot of tour and band managers will be reading this, do you have any message for them?
Don't marry while you're young.

If you had one word to describe your time with the Beatles and the Stones, what would it be?
Spectacular!

A lot of people think success comes down to luck, do you agree? Perhaps you could explain how hard the band/s worked.
I'm sure the majority of the people/bands work extremely hard. When it comes to luck; I think life is like gambling at a craps table - if you stand at the table long enough, eventually, the dice will come your way. The main thing is being at the table. Most bands break up after a short period.

A lot of bands and artists now "break through" at a very early age. Do you think this is a good or bad thing?
It depends on the individuals ... and who's advising them.

What is next for you?
Hopefully, tomorrow.

Where can people purchase your book and find out more about you?
On Amazon.

[www.pluto.media]

Re: Huffington Post - "Rolling Stones Insider Shares Memories and Rare Artifacts in New Book"
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 23, 2017 18:37

swiss

The book contains lots of content we've not read before, nor seen before. Some are photos; many are archival documents and other artifacts. Half the book is Ron's stories, memories, and anecdotes. The other half is called "Proof of Truth" -- i.e., Appendices; this latter part is sort of like a scrapbook.

This is a book that will be cited often, starting pretty immediately and extending into the future for a very long time as original "primary source" material by those documenting the Stones. It will also be useful and oteworthy to those looking at the bands, events, people, culture of the times (particularly the 1969 Stones tour time period, but also the 1965 and 1966 Stones tours--as well as some interesting glimpses into Japanese Spaghetti Western filmmaking).

Additionally, there are some very fine never-heard Beatles stories and insights into the band at a time when they were transitioning management and their organization from Brian Epstein to Allen Klein, by way of Eastman.

Ron has a perspective of the Stones that hasn't been documented yet. His take on Altamont and Gimme Shelter are distinctly his, and keen readers will find the many details fascinating.

As some of you know, I'm a Stones and musical/cultural history geek. I would any day relish the opportunity to listen to or read material that has not been heard before, over a highly polished slick product. I am one of those Stones' fans who could listen to or watch a video of the Stones tinkering in the studio in 1968 for 4 hours straight, playing the "same thing" over an over. I don't need a lot of analysis. I want the raw real thing straight-up. In this vein, the beauty of this book is in details--not flourishes of poetic prose, not insights into recording techniques, not speculating about the interior lives of the band members, not blow by blow stories of what happened and didn't happen at gigs, not a critical analysis of the role of the Stones in the '60s or of the 1960s.

This is Ron's book about a period of his life. Not an overabundance of narrative or overarching storytelling technique. Just what was going on, from Ron's perspective, at different junctures. Narrative snapshots---first here, then here, then over here. Chronological, cogent, at times amusing, often quite engaging. For Stones' fans who are interested in not only what happened but how it came to be that some of these things happened--like how did they end up in that ricketty plane? more details about why they ended up in Vegas? what went down in Belli's office? details on the European tour--this content is gold.

The writing style tends toward practical and to the point. Ron doesn't spend much time revisiting other books, sources, people's narratives, or telling the "whole" story of, say, a particular concert (although the section of Altamont is quite detailed). His perspective and memories are a great addition to the "literature" of the Stones, in the course of recounting the trajectory of Ron's own professional (and some aspects of his personal) life during 1965, 1966, and 1969-70, and '71. His own story, featuring the Stones, Beatles, and others. Hence, as said, this is pure, original content, could not have come from anyone else--reflecting a unique vantage point excelling in filling in details from a business and legal perspective.

I haven't dove into "Proof of Truth" yet, but anticipating hours and hours of geeky researchy fun. Yes, I'm a librarian and archivist, but I believe it's the Stones fan in me saying that smiling smiley

triceratops
it better have lots of new photographs/not seen before photographs to be worth the $69 I see on Amazon.

Well, how much do we spend on Stones tickets, memorabilia, a dinner out, a few lunches...? It's all relative, and this will last longer than 10 Starbucks specialty drinks tongue sticking out smiley

-swiss

thumbs up

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 23, 2017 18:45

bmuseed
No..I started with the 1965 and 1966 tours...Swiss did a great description

His Majesty
Is the main focus and content of the book the 1969 tour?

Thanks for reply. smileys with beer

Posted by: fedecarp ()
Date: June 23, 2017 19:04

Hi Ronnie, I'm from Argentina. Do you think your book could be translated to spanish in a near future?

Thanks in advance!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 11, 2017 19:49

Charlie Brennan talks with Ronnie Schneider about his new book, "Out of Our Heads: The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, and Me":

[player.fm]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 12, 2017 08:15

Will this be made available in i-Books (Apple) at all mate?

Rod

Date: July 13, 2017 00:29

bitusa2012 thank you for pointing that out. I asked and I had to fill out a form I wasn't aware of. It should be available on iBooks, soon..

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 13, 2017 12:28

bmuseed
bitusa2012 thank you for pointing that out. I asked and I had to fill out a form I wasn't aware of. It should be available on iBooks, soon..

CHAMPION !!!!! Tks for taking time to reply.

Rod

Ron Schneider - Book Soup (L.A.) on Saturday
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 7, 2017 08:16

Former Rolling Stones/Beatles money man Ron Schneider will make a rare public appearance at Book Soup on Saturday at 4 p.m. to discuss and sign his new opus Out of Our Heads. A great opportunity to get the inside scoop on Altamont, Gimme Shelter, Uncle Allen Klein, Yoko, the Fab Four, and financial derring-do.

Book Soup info here: [www.booksoup.com]

Out of Our Heads info + rave reviews here: [amzn.to]

Re: Ron Schneider - Book Soup (L.A.) on Saturday
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 8, 2017 01:23

Ah, Book Soup on Sunset in L.A. It's the only place I've sold complete strangers copies of my first novel. The original owner passed away and it's lost a lot of its charm since then, but I still love the place.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: December 8, 2017 03:26

24FPS
Ah, Book Soup on Sunset in L.A. It's the only place I've sold complete strangers copies of my first novel. The original owner passed away and it's lost a lot of its charm since then, but I still love the place.

Name of novel, please! How can one get a copy?

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: December 8, 2017 04:09

Thanks Dean for the heads up.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 8, 2017 15:35

This book is a must if you want to have insight of the Stones in the 60's, and the front cover picture is just amazing, also interesting.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 8, 2017 16:51

Hey, it’s on Kindle now!
I do have to keep my ridiculous RS spending reigned in somehow...
Speaking of which,
I see 2 Kindle versions/ prices-
$2.99 or $6.99
I assume the $6.99 is ‘proof of the truth’ included?
Anyway, good to know thanks I am ordering the $6.99

Date: December 8, 2017 20:59

Dean --thank you for listing...

Mention IORR if you make it to Book Soup...

My next scheduled appearance will be in San Francisco --Feb.6 The Battery Club..

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: December 9, 2017 15:40

Any plans for Seattle?

Date: December 11, 2017 07:09

Not yet...

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home