Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: OOOH-Out Of Our Heads:The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and Me
Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 8, 2017 02:32

bleedingman
oldschool
Deltics
bleedingman
oldschool
bmuseed
Well that sucks... from the beginning I was worried about delivery...
This is a hardcover...Createspace is Amazon's printer-they only print paperbacks. I am using INgram/Lightning Source as the printer and was told that sometimes Amazon screws with third parties..seems to be the case..
I will be filing a complaint..
PS-the printer has plants in the UK and AU and they should supply direct..

bleedingman
Deltics
oldschool
So I ordered the book on the 18th and Amazon has postponed my shipping date until Feb 27th. Hopefully this means the book is selling well and they just need more stock. The suspense is killing me.hot smiley

Amazon UK has been saying "Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available." since it first appeared on their site a few weeks ago and saying it would be released on February 14.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Same here, Deltics. I pre-ordered and it never shipped so I actually canceled my order because I thought there was some glitch which occasionally happens with Amazon. Figured I'd wait but after reading the review by swiss (thank you!) I re-ordered and now they tell me "Arriving Wednesday March 1st." Still looking forward to it, whenever.

Yeah Amazon was supposed to ship today but looks like another delay. I will file a complaint but if you have an alternate source you can recommend Ron I will order from them......

I have to say this has been the worst ordering experience I've had in the hundreds of orders I've placed with Amazon over the years:

We're encountering a delay in shipping the item below. The new delivery date is indicated below. If you still want to receive this item, please let us know. We apologize for the delay.

Details
Order #
Placed on Thursday, February 23, 2017

New estimated delivery date:
Monday, March 13, 2017

It's still saying "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available." on Amazon UK.

Why not order it from Amazon U.S. as they seem to have stock and the price is the same as on the UK site?

Speaking for myself I did order from Amazon U.S. In fact I pre-ordered almost a month ago and it never shipped so I cancelled and re-ordered. Hopefully this indicates that Ronnie is selling a lot of books and demand is high.

Something is going on with Amazon as my order was delayed several times before I finally got mine yesterday. In any case it was worth the wait as it is a fantastic book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-08 02:35 by oldschool.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 8, 2017 14:28

Well, mine shipped and is due to be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully Amazon is getting it together with this item.

Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: March 11, 2017 02:54

It is my pleasure to bring something new to the fans from events from over 50 years ago..

I'm anxious to hear everyone's impression but realize I have to be patient..it's not a small book..270 pages Story--220 pages Appendices

After you've read it --- I would appreciate your reviews on Amazon..

Thank you fans; for being there...

ronnie

oldschool
Book arrived today from Amazon U.S. and have to say it is a very impressive and quality effort for a self published book.

I am looking forward to digging into the text but also love the appendices with copies of all the documents and clippings which looks to be a as many pages as the text. This looks like a real treat for us Stones fans.

Once I get the time to read it I will give more impressions. Thanks again Ron for sharing all your archives with us fans!

Date: March 13, 2017 02:55

After the complaints about Amazon: Barnes and Noble was suggested. [www.barnesandnoble.com]

I ordered a book printed in Australia, on Feb.14 for Chip Monck, and he got it March 10th. I have ordered one printed in the UK and will soon know what to expect there.

Sorry about the delay.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: March 13, 2017 18:52

Got my copy today, bloody expensive, but this is a treasure trove for collectors, I especially appreciated the appendix section with all those clippings from 60s newspapers and the contracts/telegrams copies. Out of 255 text pages just a mere 25 are on the Beatles,the rest is just on the Stones.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: March 13, 2017 20:00

Got my copy from Amazon over the weekend.
Great book.

About halfway through and enjoying it immensely.
You really get the feeling of what it was like on those 1965-1970 tours.
Great stories that haven't been told before.
Thanks so much Ron.
I'll post a review on Amazon after I finish it.

Date: March 17, 2017 16:46

When I see Out of Our Heads on Amazon it lists the books people bought in the same category and usually listed is; Altamont: The Rolling Stones, the Hells Angels, and the Inside Story of Rock's Darkest Day, I want to tell Amazon..that book, for the most part, is made up and is definitely not the inside story from a guy who wasn't there...
If any of you have read it and mine...you tell me...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 18, 2017 15:07

Old West with Keith Richards and Ronnie Schneider - [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 18, 2017 15:21

Love it - wonderful stories and photos, and Ronnie has the greatest gravelly voice and expressive countenance!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 22, 2017 15:25

Arrived from Amazon this morning, looking forward to reading it.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: March 23, 2017 18:53

Excellent read Ronnie. I am at the point where you are negotiating the rights to the Gimme Shelter film. The gymnastics you had to go through to make that documentary a reality is simply amazing!

I did have few question for you if you are willing to answer.

1. Reading your negotiations with the Maysles Brothers it seems like they own the rights to the actual video so if we are to see any more of the MSG or even Altamont concert video it would have to come from Maysles Films Inc.? Even then wouldn't they have to secure rights for the music like you and the Stones had to from your Uncle before you could release Gimme Shelter?

2. Can you confirm what shows they filmed besides MSG and Altamont? I have read on this forum that Baltimore and Florida were supposedly filmed?

The other interesting info was you used to confiscate the tapes from Bootleg taper during the 69 tour. Do you still have them and if you do ever listen to them these days?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-23 23:17 by oldschool.

Date: March 23, 2017 22:13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-04 09:06 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: March 24, 2017 20:31

I'm glad you are enjoying it, oldschool

question 1--yes and yes
question 2--Baltimore and Florida were Not filmed.
I don't have any of the tapes.. I'll have to ask Chip Monck if he knows of any..

When you are finished reading it, I would appreciate a review on Amazon...

Thank you,
ron

oldschool
Excellent read Ronnie. I am at the point where you are negotiating the rights to the Gimme Shelter film. The gymnastics you had to go through to make that documentary a reality is simply amazing!

1. Reading your negotiations with the Maysles Brothers it seems like they own the rights to the actual video so if we are to see any more of the MSG or even Altamont concert video it would have to come from Maysles Films Inc.? Even then wouldn't they have to secure rights for the music like you and the Stones had to from your Uncle before you could release Gimme Shelter?

2. Can you confirm what shows they filmed besides MSG and Altamont? I have read on this forum that Baltimore and Florida were supposedly filmed?

The other interesting info was you used to confiscate the tapes from Bootleg taper during the 69 tour. Do you still have them and if you do ever listen to them these days?

Date: March 25, 2017 19:38

Thanks Ronnie, every Stones fan should have your book and I will definitely leave you a positive review once I have finished reading it.

And as a Stones fan who loves the 1969 tour and the bootlegs recordings I would be fascinated to know if Chip has any old bootleg tapes kicking around.

bmuseed
I'm glad you are enjoying it, oldschool

question 1--yes and yes
question 2--Baltimore and Florida were Not filmed.
I don't have any of the tapes.. I'll have to ask Chip Monck if he knows of any..

When you are finished reading it, I would appreciate a review on Amazon...

Thank you,
ron

oldschool

Date: April 2, 2017 08:20

Hi oldschool-- quoting Chip Monck:

All the recordings were either physically trashed/destroyed or burned, prior to leaving the venue
Management was not in the business of selling bootlegs
There is nothing going on on the side.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: April 2, 2017 11:52

Just ordered mine from Amazon UK - it was their last copy in stock. £55. It's arriving today so can't wait to read it!

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: April 2, 2017 15:44

My copy should arrive any day now.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 2, 2017 15:49

bmuseed

All the recordings were either physically trashed/destroyed or burned, prior to leaving the venue

Then why record them in the first place? Did the band listen to them atleast?

Date: April 2, 2017 20:16

bmuseed

Thanks for getting answers from Chip. Please assure him I never assumed "manangement" was selling bootlegs but was just curious what happened to the tapes you all confiscated from the tapers from the 69 tour and if he ever listened to them if he had them.

I am huge fan of the 69 tour and hope that we fans someday get more official releases from that tour. Based on the content of "Get Yer Ya Ya's" out we know that Baltimore and the MSG shows were officially recorded on multitrack. We also have the incomplete soundtracks from Hyde Park and Altamont

We also have what appears to be a SB fragment from the Detroit show, a song from the Lyceum show, several from the Saville show and of course Bill Graham's raw partial SB quality tape of the 2nd Oakland show.

Can you advise if any other 1969 U.S. shows were professionally recorded? I know the sound systems and technology were primitive back then but was wondering if the Stones recorded their 69 tour shows from the SB if such existed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-02 22:02 by oldschool.

Date: April 2, 2017 20:32

"a soundboard fragment from the detroit show"

Where ? please do tell....??

Date: April 2, 2017 21:52

detroitken
"a soundboard fragment from the detroit show"

Where ? please do tell....??

only 3 songs,about 15 + minute I believe, reported to have come from video

[www.youtube.com]

They have been included as bonus tracks on several boot releases.

[www.dbboots.com]

There is also a fan produced bootleg of the audience recording of the Detroit show where the 3 SB tracks were edited in.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-03 04:45 by oldschool.

Date: April 4, 2017 08:21

Hey Ronnie, I received my copy last night and I am loving it! What a great book and it's awesome that you are sharing all this material with us!

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 4, 2017 12:27

"Other Nights we went to the nightclub Ondines' at 59th Street on the east side of Manhatten. Here I saw Jimi Hendrix perform"

My question, wich Stones musicians did see that show?

Thanks Ronnie - Lots of fun and interesting stories.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-05 09:41 by runaway.

Date: April 6, 2017 20:33

I'm not sure about that specific show..but Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Brian Jones were with me most of the nights at Ondines..

Hopefully, some of you have finished reading Out of Our Heads and will post a "verified purchase review" on the Amazon site.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 6, 2017 21:59

Thanks and I'm half way the book, fascinating read: "Your times with some of the greats in the Rock 'n Roll.

Date: April 8, 2017 19:12

Ronnie,I'm about 150 pages into this ,a great read so far.....i'm glad you decided/took the time to write this for us fans..

Date: April 18, 2017 18:41

Writing the book was hard.... getting people to review it ...harder smiling smiley

Hopefully, some of you that bought my book on Amazon have finished reading. I hope you enjoyed it and will post a "verified purchase review" on the Amazon site.
Thank you..

PS: I know I can buy reviews on Kirkus but I wanted fans to tell other fans - since I did it for them.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: April 18, 2017 20:11

Thanks for writing this book Ron -- it's a fascinating and informative read.

I just posted my "verified purchase" review on Amazon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-18 20:12 by GS1978.

Date: April 19, 2017 01:24

GS1978
Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

GS1978
Thanks for writing this book Ron -- it's a fascinating and informative read.

I just posted my "verified purchase" review on Amazon.

Date: April 19, 2017 10:27

I've just posted my review - 5 stars!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home