Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT: The 50 Worst People At Concerts
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 7, 2016 22:34

I bet there's a lot of #40's here. smiling smiley

[www.insidehook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-07 22:35 by hopkins.

Re: OT: The 50 Worst People At Concerts
Posted by: belld ()
Date: July 7, 2016 23:10

Queue skippers bandits. Certain lady with cohorts Glasgow SECC 2003. Several other gigs shoving all aside to get to front stage.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 7, 2016 23:14

How about the guy who says "I didn't know Bill Wyman wasn't in The Stones anymore".

I also had a guy behind me that kept asking for Start me Up. They already played it.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: July 7, 2016 23:24

Based on this list it seems "The Editors" of "insidehonk" have never actually been to a concert. grinning smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 7, 2016 23:29

People who push in at standing shows. Selfish, and it often leads to fights. Witnessed a very nasty incident at Hyde Park 2 in 2013. I was at the 1st of those 2 shows at Glasgow SECC in 2003, in the seats. I must say, it looked mighty rough in GA standing from where I sat!

Date: July 7, 2016 23:32

I made a list the other day here of concert types who are way more anoying than people recording...

e.g. concert types who YELLsing badly to every song,
concert types who SCREAMtalk to each other the whole show,
those who arrive late and push and shove their way up front... etc etc

grinning smiley

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 7, 2016 23:38

grzegorz67
People who push in at standing shows. Selfish, and it often leads to fights. Witnessed a very nasty incident at Hyde Park 2 in 2013. I was at the 1st of those 2 shows at Glasgow SECC in 2003, in the seats. I must say, it looked mighty rough in GA standing from where I sat!

Hi Gregor,

I was GA at that 1st SECC show (my second Stones show and a stormer, hah-hah!) and it was a tad boisterous. One pint just missed MJ but unfortunately Darryl took a pint on his shoulder but he didn't let it faze him, thankfully. Man, that was £65 well spent!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 8, 2016 00:08

More Hot Rocks

I also had a guy behind me that kept asking for Start me Up. They already played it.

>grinning smiley< Okay you win!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 8, 2016 00:36

My least favorite person wasn't even on this list:

the middle aged women (or just women in general) who its either their birthday so they push their way up to the front or just assume because they are a woman they can barge their way up to the stage.

Not a sexist thing at all. Don't mean "all women" in that "women in general" comment. I just happen to see this more with women than men. Men are a whole different animal at concerts that have their issues. But every time I wait in line for a show, 30 minutes before the band gets on a group of women will push their way up till they are right at the stage. Like, I waited 4 hours for this spot, don't be an ass.

Date: July 8, 2016 01:58

SimonN
grzegorz67

Hi Gregor,

I was GA at that 1st SECC show (my second Stones show and a stormer, hah-hah!) and it was a tad boisterous. One pint just missed MJ but unfortunately Darryl took a pint on his shoulder but he didn't let it faze him, thankfully. Man, that was £65 well spent!

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi Simon - I definitely remember the one that missed MJ and Ronnie. A stage hand sprinted on and cleaned it up immediately while the band performed around him. If Mick was ever struck by a drink nowadays, I am in zero doubt that he would leave the stage.
I was also at Murrayfield, Edinburgh on the BtB 1999 tour. GA standing that time, right at the front. And no FoS/Golden Circle either! Of my 21 lifetime shows that was the wildest by far. Having patiently waited and queued, a crowd of 5 or 6 nutcases barged right up to the front, unchallenged and behaving obnoxiously. I hsve since learnt that they came from my hometown of Hamilton, near Glasgow!

Standing gigs in Scotland are something else - usually much wilder than elsewhere. It's long been the case. The Stones actually played in Hamilton in 1964 and that was insane - there were forged tickets, overcrowding, fighting and extra Police called in from other towns. It was so hot and sweaty that the band performed their 50 minute set stripped to the waist (the top half... winking smiley ) Apparently Bill still remembers this gig!

Date: July 8, 2016 02:04

RollingFreak
My least favorite person wasn't even on this list:

the middle aged women (or just women in general) who its either their birthday so they push their way up to the front or just assume because they are a woman they can barge their way up to the stage.

Not a sexist thing at all. Don't mean "all women" in that "women in general" comment. I just happen to see this more with women than men. Men are a whole different animal at concerts that have their issues. But every time I wait in line for a show, 30 minutes before the band gets on a group of women will push their way up till they are right at the stage. Like, I waited 4 hours for this spot, don't be an ass.

Exactly that happened to me in Stockholm 2 years ago. I was standing in a decent spot in GC Keith's side when 3 girls in their early 20s slithered through into a non existent space - cheats! They know they are far less likely to be challenged thsn guys doing the same thing.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 8, 2016 04:41

Wait, women are allowed to push and shove to the front to get at Jagger?!
J/K
I have so few live concert shows I am not qualified to comment.
And for that reason alone maybe, I cannot fanthom taking a phone out for a pic/ whatever if I'm up front. I didn't touch it 1x while the show was on-

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 8, 2016 08:07

For me it was a drunk girl who puked all over my back at a Led Zeppelin concert back in 1977.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 8, 2016 08:29

THE FAN WHO APPOINTED HERSELF AISLE POLICEWOMAN

Once I was at a Stones concert at MSG. I had a lousy seat upstairs, and I was trying to get closer. A woman tried to block me from walking downstairs through "her" section while she danced in the aisle. What a #%@* !

I pushed her aside as she tried to grab my shirt! I moved forward down the stairway until an usher told me to move. I never saw that before.

Date: July 8, 2016 08:43

Attended a concert tonight... Stats below.

SEEN: 47,43, 35, 19 (some of the performers), 16, 12, 8 (and they squeezed me out of my spot!), 4.

DONE: 34 (short comments to friends exchanged between each other, so it's okay!), 30, 4 (hey- I turned the brightness all the way down and blocked most of it!).

Just some background info; it was a General Admission, standing-room only gig for three bands; two of whom I'd never heard of, one of whom I was familiar of (hand few of songs). Main reason I went was two of my friends were going, and I managed to rope another buddy into coming. Great night!

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 8, 2016 08:55

#12 and #34

And I'll add the jackass at one of my early Stones concerts. I had a seat in the first row of an upper level at the Spectrum and this guy got in front of me and wouldn't move and threatened to throw me over the railing.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 8, 2016 11:27

This might sound a little selfish...

...but folks who bring young children to shows [nothing wrong with that , I'm all for it] but still want to stand FOS, thus making all around them feel equally responsible for keeping the kids safe for the duration of the show.

I spent a great deal of time at Sheffield on the VL tour trying to look after two young kids, [maybe around 8 or 10] who's mun and dad seemed to have forgotten were even there !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-08 11:54 by Spud.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 8, 2016 11:40

I'm a rather tall person. That means I'm always trying to be aware if I'm blocking someone's view. It also means that someone smaller than me (98% of the population) wants to pass, I let them pass. But what often happens is that people indicate they want to pass, so I do a step back, and then they stop and stand RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, basically stepping on my toes, forcing me to do another step back, and they don't even look back, say thanks, or make sure I'm okay with all that. For me, that's the #1 terrible thing people do at concerts.
The #2 is people who keep on talking with each other (or on their stupid phones) during songs. That can be even annoying during rock concerts, but when it's more gentle music (blues, flamenco, classical music) it's enraging.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: July 8, 2016 12:04

matxil
I'm a rather tall person. That means I'm always trying to be aware if I'm blocking someone's view. It also means that someone smaller than me (98% of the population) wants to pass, I let them pass. But what often happens is that people indicate they want to pass, so I do a step back, and then they stop and stand RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, basically stepping on my toes, forcing me to do another step back, and they don't even look back, say thanks, or make sure I'm okay with all that. For me, that's the #1 terrible thing people do at concerts.
The #2 is people who keep on talking with each other (or on their stupid phones) during songs. That can be even annoying during rock concerts, but when it's more gentle music (blues, flamenco, classical music) it's enraging.

I recently had talkers behind me at a Sigur Ros concert. Teenage girls half my age. I just told them to shut the @#$%& up. I was not nice at all throwing all curses that I know on themsmiling smiley Other people applauded. The stronger the words the bigger the fun for me.

Anyway the girls left after 15 minutes after that because it was "too loud". Do that the next time, it's better than listening to someone talk. You'll feel more comfortable and other people will be happy too. Make it so strong that it's funny for other people around you smiling smiley

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: July 8, 2016 12:29

People who constantly yell the names of songs out just so they can prove they know them with no hope of the band actually playing them. Or just general shouting out song names between songs. Drives me crazy!angry smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 8, 2016 12:34

Mobile phones in the air ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: July 8, 2016 13:04

The one guy right in front of me at Shea in 1989 who stood up during Angie when the entire rest of the stadium sat down....

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 8, 2016 13:06

Adams
matxil

I recently had talkers behind me at a Sigur Ros concert. Teenage girls half my age. I just told them to shut the @#$%& up. I was not nice at all throwing all curses that I know on themsmiling smiley Other people applauded. The stronger the words the bigger the fun for me.

Anyway the girls left after 15 minutes after that because it was "too loud". Do that the next time, it's better than listening to someone talk. You'll feel more comfortable and other people will be happy too. Make it so strong that it's funny for other people around you smiling smiley

Thanks for the tip smileys with beer although I'm not sure I could pull if off (I'm Dutch but I live in Spain and though I speak Spanish well, this sort of thing is the most difficult in a non-native language).

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 8, 2016 13:51

How about the people that are paid to clean and maintain the grounds to insure the safety of the concertgoers during events in inclement weather ?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 8, 2016 14:33

People in front of you who keep moving around so you need to adjust your own position to maintain a good view.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: July 8, 2016 14:43

geordiestone
People who constantly yell the names of songs out just so they can prove they know them with no hope of the band actually playing them. Or just general shouting out song names between songs. Drives me crazy!angry smiley
you said it.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 8, 2016 15:39

Talkers, absolutely. And people who throw beer (or worse).

And the Human Chain, who want to leave the arena/get to the front en masse, so they all hold hands, up to 20 strong sometimes, and the guy at the front steamrollers through the crowd dragging the endless rest behind him...

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: July 8, 2016 16:13

switchblade1975
geordiestone
you said it.

When I listen to Ya Yas, the girl that shouts "Paint It Black" drives me crazy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-08 16:17 by MonkeyMan2000.

Date: July 8, 2016 16:15

The real trick is GA.
So one can move away, move around, find a better spot and roll with it as it comes.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 8, 2016 16:29

That guy, or guys with sleeves rolled up like they just got off work from thier corporate jobs with thier trophy gf in tow and beer in hand. They either got free tickets or could afford the best seats so why not? I watched this clown at Florence and the Machine and he and the gf spent the whole time taking selfies of themselves.
They often come in small packs and they're at all the concerts and sports events. They're there because they have money to impress.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-08 16:31 by stupidguy2.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1377
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home