Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: SanJose 1999 No Security show
Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: July 8, 2016 00:19

I am for the four Paris shows in one box cds/dvd and then the exelent knewborth show in a double cds/dvd plus bonus from Black N Blue and at the end the complete Mocambo cds/dvds and then I'll can die after viewing these gems.Somebody with me ?

Posted by: JerkyLittleGIJoe ()
Date: July 8, 2016 01:30

YES! Ian Stewart tribute,,Spoke with Bill German at a book signing who said they rocked on this show.
Portchester was great energy and intimate at the same time..

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 8, 2016 02:06

I've never even heard of audio existing for Sir Morgan's Cove. Not even a crappy hand held recording.

Same goes for LA Echoplex from a few years back. I've been waiting to hear Mick Taylor on Love in Vain from that show. Disappointed they never played it again that tour.

Date: July 8, 2016 02:08

jazzbass
I've never even heard of audio existing for Sir Morgan's Cove. Not even a crappy hand held recording.

Same goes for LA Echoplex from a few years back. I've been waiting to hear Mick Taylor on Love in Vain from that show. Disappointed they never played it again that tour.

Apparently, he lost his bottleneck...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 8, 2016 04:55

JMARCOU
I am for the four Paris shows in one box cds/dvd and then the exelent knewborth show in a double cds/dvd plus bonus from Black N Blue and at the end the complete Mocambo cds/dvds and then I'll can die after viewing these gems.Somebody with me ?

A little difficult to read, but I think I'm on board...where's beers?

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: July 8, 2016 05:30

I loved the No Security tour and have always wanted some official release. I'd either with for San Jose or Shepherd's Bush (they did Moon is Up and Brand New Car!)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 8, 2016 05:39

Sister Morphine
Live From The Ten Spot

[www.youtube.com]

Out Of Control
Live From The Ten Spot

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 8, 2016 06:16

They can hold off on releasing anything from the 2016 South American tour considering what happens at 3:55 onward with this one... and towards the end Charlie goes to the ride... wow.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 8, 2016 19:19

i forgot about Paris 76 because of the LA75 release ,but these are some really great shows from Paris .

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 8, 2016 19:37

No Security was really a great tour in so many ways... Indoors for the first time in quite a while, and a phenomenal selection of songs as the tour progressed. They were in top form.

Saw 6 gigs, but the pinnacle of my career was at The Igloo in Pittsburgh, 4th row dead in front of Keith. Absolute heaven! The intro video, then The Man struts forth and rips into JJF. Pure Rock Bliss! The setlist that night evolved from the earlier shows, and when the crew brought out Mick's keyboard for Fool To Cry, I knew we were seeing the pivotal gig up close and personal. Plus, I'm still convinced Andrea Corr was scopin' me out! Hahaha!

I'm up for every Vault release they wanna slice off, but a great memento from No Security would hold be a huge treat.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 8, 2016 19:52

Ale67
shawnriffhard1
Ale67
artinis1
Is this the next release in the From The Vault
Series?

I hope not. Good tour, but we all know in the vaults there are so many greater gems...
Like what, exactly? I can really only think of one thing that I KNOW is in the vaults and that is the MSG 1969 footage and the Fonda SF show. What other amazing nuggets (especially video) are out (or in as the case may be) there?

Personally, I'm dreaming about the legendary club shows, some of them real Holy Grails never surfaced in any form:

El Mocambo 1977 (complete)
Sir Morgan's Cove 1981
100 Club London 1982
Ian Stewart tribute, 100 Club London 1986
Bagley Warehouse, London 1995
The Horseshoe Tavern Toronto 1997
Portchester 1997 MTV Show (complete)
Shepherd's Bush 1999

These would make the difference, instead of common shows, surely good but full of the usual warhorses, repeated ad libitum without any emotion

Circus Krone 2003 is another club show and it was filmed. I have a bootleg cd/dvd combo of it.

Posted by: Ale67 ()
Date: July 8, 2016 23:32

boogaloojef
Ale67
shawnriffhard1
Ale67
artinis1
Series?

I hope not. Good tour, but we all know in the vaults there are so many greater gems...
Like what, exactly? I can really only think of one thing that I KNOW is in the vaults and that is the MSG 1969 footage and the Fonda SF show. What other amazing nuggets (especially video) are out (or in as the case may be) there?

Personally, I'm dreaming about the legendary club shows, some of them real Holy Grails never surfaced in any form:

Sir Morgan's Cove 1981
100 Club London 1982
Shepherd's Bush 1999

These would make the difference, instead of common shows, surely good but full of the usual warhorses, repeated ad libitum without any emotion

Circus Krone 2003 is another club show and it was filmed. I have a bootleg cd/dvd combo of it.

Can you tell me about quality? Thank you

Date: July 9, 2016 00:09

It's a soundboard recording and the video is good for a bootleg dvd.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: July 9, 2016 04:02

I saw the last San Jose '99 show. It was filmed (as Jagger reminded the audience on more than one occasion), so it was recorded, obviously. Afterward I said that performance would never see the light of day and thus far it hasn't. It appeared to me the band was working way too hard to be exciting and the whole performance felt off. I was in the minority, though. The audience was roaring. But still, to date, the performance remains in the can.

In early February I saw the Sacramento show. I enjoyed it. But by April my opinion of the band had changed. Why? The internet. In the interim I received a tape of my first Stones' show on 11/8/69. Imagine hearing again a memorable show you witnessed 30 years before. I received a copy of Brussels, some '72 shows and some other recordings of the era. Looking back on my enjoyment of the Sacramento show I realized I'd been had. But I understand why people like that tour.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 9, 2016 06:32

TKinOH
I'm up for every Vault release they wanna slice off, but a great memento from No Security would hold be a huge treat.

It's the only post-Wyman vault release I'll ever give a crap about. No Security was their final peak as a live band. It's been slow decline since.

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: July 9, 2016 14:54

A little difficult to read,what is "slow decline since" ? maybe a joke....

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 9, 2016 17:28

Didn't Mick use the cage during Out Of Control during this show. It was soon dropped. Maybe it was more embarrassing then cherry picker.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: July 9, 2016 19:28

More Hot Rocks
Didn't Mick use the cage during Out Of Control during this show. It was soon dropped. Maybe it was more embarrassing then cherry picker.

Was dropped by the time they got to San Jose, I'm fairly sure. The clip of it in the Four Flicks doc is from Denver.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 9, 2016 19:43

Too tired to go back and research but if memory serves right this gig was supposed to be at beginning of tour but was postponed due to illness or Jerry serving mick papers. Lol

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: July 9, 2016 19:55

TKinOH
No Security was really a great tour in so many ways... Indoors for the first time in quite a while, and a phenomenal selection of songs as the tour progressed. They were in top form.

Saw 6 gigs, but the pinnacle of my career was at The Igloo in Pittsburgh, 4th row dead in front of Keith. Absolute heaven! The intro video, then The Man struts forth and rips into JJF. Pure Rock Bliss! The setlist that night evolved from the earlier shows, and when the crew brought out Mick's keyboard for Fool To Cry, I knew we were seeing the pivotal gig up close and personal. Plus, I'm still convinced Andrea Corr was scopin' me out! Hahaha!

I was at that show as well, with primo seats. Fool to Cry was a total surprise. I was even more surprised at how much of the crowd was familiar with it. That was definitely one of my top 5 shows.

Date: July 9, 2016 19:57

Kennedy
TKinOH

I was at that show as well, with primo seats. Fool to Cry was a total surprise. I was even more surprised at how much of the crowd was familiar with it. That was definitely one of my top 5 shows.

I can't imagine why you'd be surprised, hell, in the US it's on SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES, REWIND and JUMP BACK!

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: July 9, 2016 21:27

JumpingKentFlash
Ale67
shawnriffhard1
Ale67
artinis1
Series?

Sir Morgan's Cove 1981
100 Club London 1982
Shepherd's Bush 1999

Are any of those professionally filmed?

Shepherds Bush was definitely professionally filmed. There was one camera on rails in front of me.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 9, 2016 22:34

Valeswood

Shepherds Bush was definitely professionally filmed. There was one camera on rails in front of me.

That makes me think we'll have a San Jose/Shepherds DVD combo in the not-so-distant future... that is 2020 2030? grinning smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 9, 2016 23:06

dcba
That makes me think we'll have a San Jose/Shepherds DVD combo in the not-so-distant future... that is 2020 2030? grinning smiley

This makes me think of John Paul Jones (Zep) comment when he sort of recently said 5 years is 5 minutes in Led Zeppelin time. Maybe this holds true for these kind of people?

Anyhow, I think we're doing pretty good overall lately. Plus there's a new record on the way? Hope so.

Cheers!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 9, 2016 23:20

I thought both San Jose shows were great and my jaw hit the floor when they played "I Got The Blues." The bust out of "Moonlight Mile" in Oakland was another Stones peak moment for me....I loved that tour, release San Jose!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-10 00:18 by Woz.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 9, 2016 23:53

frankotero

Anyhow, I think we're doing pretty good overall lately.

Absolutely my comment was ironic not critical. And the bunch of archives releases we got recently probably owes a lot to IORR member Videojames who should be thanked profusely! smileys with beer

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 10, 2016 00:07

JMARCOU
A little difficult to read,what is "slow decline since" ? maybe a joke....

Okay, 'a' slow decline since? Is that better?

Date: July 10, 2016 03:06

"A slow decline since" 1999 is accurate, which is what was said.

Date: July 10, 2016 04:43

dcba
frankotero

Anyhow, I think we're doing pretty good overall lately.

Absolutely my comment was ironic not critical. And the bunch of archives releases we got recently probably owes a lot to IORR member Videojames who should be thanked profusely! smileys with beer

Has Videojames posted anything lately about upcoming vault releases?

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: July 10, 2016 06:43

tommycharles
More Hot Rocks

Was dropped by the time they got to San Jose, I'm fairly sure. The clip of it in the Four Flicks doc is from Denver.
I was at the Denver show. I don't remember the cage.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home