Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: You Can’t Always Get What You Want (New)
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 22, 2016 11:52

MileHigh
OMG, they played YCAGWYW after Trump's acceptance speech!

Seemed an odd choice/note to end the entire convention on.

Re: Track Talk: You Can’t Always Get What You Want (New)
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 22, 2016 17:40

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
A natural continuation of Salt Of The Earth. Perhaps the strongest album closers ever, together with Moonlight Mile.

Three epic songs.

Great point Dandy. This deserves a thread of its own. How important is an album closer? A strong album closer should make you want to put the album on again. Those three you mentioned are without a shadow of a doubt the greatest closers. Shattered is great too but not in the same epic grandeur as these.

Interesting point. I'd say Soul Survivor and Waiting On A Friend are epic album closers too.

Re: Track Talk: You Can’t Always Get What You Want
Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 22, 2016 18:03

Soul Survivor is great because it leaves the impression the band just keeps rocking on. Exile is bookended with rockers, and I like it!

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: May 11, 2021 13:05

I was listening to the 2002 LIB CD for the first time in over a decade and I heard what is apparently a random snippet of Midnight Rambler very faintly in the left channel between the chorus intro conclusion and the first note of the french horn. I must have listened to this hundreds of times and never noticed this. Does anyone have any information as to how this could've happened, and if it's on any other issues of YCAGWYW?

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: May 11, 2021 15:28

My favourite Stones Song of all time.
Since all time.
And forever.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 11, 2021 15:56

When I think classic Rolling Stones, I think of a track such as this: utterly epic and magnificent in it's grander, yet simplistic in many ways, too. I enjoy the live renditions very much, but the studio-take is so perfect in it's construction. I adore the build-up and euphoria that escalates as the song gains momentum.

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: May 11, 2021 17:09

it's_all_wrong
I was listening to the 2002 LIB CD for the first time in over a decade and I heard what is apparently a random snippet of Midnight Rambler very faintly in the left channel between the chorus intro conclusion and the first note of the french horn. I must have listened to this hundreds of times and never noticed this. Does anyone have any information as to how this could've happened, and if it's on any other issues of YCAGWYW?

smiling smiley smiling smiley you're right ... in Japanese Limited SHM-SACD 2010 # UIGY-9021 can also be heard ... only a few seconds on the left channel

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 12, 2021 22:39

My Favourite Song!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 13, 2021 03:57

Jagger’s vocals on the big 4 are mostly perfect.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: May 13, 2021 12:45

Background Vocalist is Nanette Workman..............not Nanette Newman (who was an actress).

Date: May 13, 2021 13:23

Kingbeebuzz
Background Vocalist is Nanette Workman..............not Nanette Newman (who was an actress).

Didn't she take the name Newman. I know her real name was Workman.

Majestic scream behind the choir on YCAGWYW
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 24, 2021 20:07

When I bought Let It Bleed 52 years ago, I gave a single I had to a friend. That single contained YCAGWYW with that majestic scream (never worked out who's voice that was, always thought it was Mick's).
Too late I realised that the album version didn't have that scream, at least not audiable for me. I went over Internet lately to see if I could find the "scream version", without success so far.
Could anyone give me a hint? It was such a beautiful scream ...

grinning smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Re: Majestic scream behind the choir on YCAGWYW
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: May 24, 2021 23:33

The scream is still there. Single version around 2.25 and another one at 4.25, album version around 4.25.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 24, 2021 23:45

Single-versions:

[www.YouTube.com]

[www.YouTube.com]

Album-version:

[www.YouTube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-24 23:55 by Irix.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 25, 2021 01:51

The "aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh-hooooooooooo!"? I've always heard that on the album version.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 25, 2021 03:24

RollingFreak
The "aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh-hooooooooooo!"? I've always heard that on the album version.

Me too

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: May 25, 2021 04:46

and its clearly Mick...he does it as well at the Circus but its a bit exagerated

Date: May 25, 2021 08:53

Thanks for the input, guys. But ... not yet winking smiley

Mick did a lot of screaming, but the "majestic" (sounding a bit dramatic and not rough) scream should be at the following time frame:
It should be there on the extended 7.31 minutes version around 6.55 (I can hear it maybe 1% now) and on the mono single at around 4.18 ending at around 4.24 Basically it's almost at the end after the choir sets in for the final and then the piano coming in and then the "scream" following at almost the end of the ever upgoing voices of the choir.
On my original (1969) single it was clearly audible ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-25 09:07 by georgie48.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: May 25, 2021 09:56

georgie48

Mick did a lot of screaming, but the "majestic" (sounding a bit dramatic and not rough) scream should be at the following time frame:
It should be there on the extended 7.31 minutes version around 6.55 (I can hear it maybe 1% now) and on the mono single at around 4.18 ending at around 4.24 Basically it's almost at the end after the choir sets in for the final and then the piano coming in and then the "scream" following at almost the end of the ever upgoing voices of the choir.

The "majestic" scream is not at 6.55. Please listen around 2.25 (single) and around 4.25 at the album version.

Date: May 25, 2021 11:12

BlueTurns2Grey
georgie48

The "majestic" scream is not at 6.55. Please listen around 2.25 (single) and around 4.25 at the album version.

Yeah, I know that one and it's loud and clear. But the one I mentioned has been faded to the background and ends with "oh yeeaah", deeply hidden behind the choir at 6.55 to 7.00 at the 7.31 version. winking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 18, 2022 23:03

Al Kooper on Recording “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” With the Stones

by Harvey Kubernik
August 18, 2022

[bestclassicbands.com]

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home